PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera Wheel

Chuueey
13-06-2015, 19:44
I am not sure if this has been covered (or belongs on its own thread but since the majority of the Fanatec Wheel support threads do not even mention my wheel...). This wheel is extremely uncommon especially in the US since it has been discontinued and I got it a longggg time ago. I can barely find any support on the wheel itself by fanatec. My wheel is listed as supported but this definitely does not seem like the case. I got the typical issue of the laggy menu and game when I left it in PC mode. When I moved it over to PS3 more everything seemed to be working pretty well, until I tried to turn. The steering inputs are reversed. This would not be that much of a problem since I can swap the input between the two, but this does not change the FFB values. Those stay reversed. I really want to be able to use my wheel and not have to spend hundreds to upgrade, but if I can't get corresponding FFB with my wheel the game is essentially useless with this controller.

Does anyone else have this wheel and do they use it? Have you been able to find a solution?

Thanks ahead of time.

Awong124
18-06-2015, 18:29
Anybody have input on this? I have a friend who might be interested in getting this wheel for PCARS on PS4.

xXDoc187Xx
18-06-2015, 21:21
That wheel is a budget version on the gt3 rs v1 and its different from the 911 turbo s ,gt2, CSR & gt3 rs v2, all the others are belt driven while yours is gear driven. That's the only fact I know about that wheel.

pollt
06-12-2015, 17:20
That wheel is a budget version on the gt3 rs v1 and its different from the 911 turbo s ,gt2, CSR & gt3 rs v2, all the others are belt driven while yours is gear driven. That's the only fact I know about that wheel.

A little late maybe, but this was actually my first wheel w. clutch and manual gearbox. Never really grew to like it, the resistance in wheel movement due to the FFB gears was too high, and the wheel was LOUD. Came from a old wingman formula force red, and that wheel was a lot quieter.
Gearbox switches gave in after 6 months of not very heavy use too, the wheel was then discontinued so i got a Logitech G27 from my dealer instead at a very good price.
Sold all my simracing equipment for about two years ago, and recently picked it up again, now rocking a Thrustmaster T150. Would now choose belt driven (T300, T500) over logitechs gear driven system any day, so if you're aiming at something below the 500$ mark, thrustmaster is the way to go.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-12-2015, 12:26
...My wheel is listed as supported...

The Porsche Carrera is not listed as supported on PS4 (which you have as the gaming platform in your sig), it is only listed for PC support on the official checklist page.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html