PDA

View Full Version : Massive oversight on le mans cars.

TrevorAustin
13-06-2015, 20:26
Been watching the 24 hour and just noticed something critical missing from p cars. I've got no pretty neons or neon numbers on the side of any of the cars. I hope this is fixed before anything else and released before the end of the race.

Disclaimer - this is not a serious post in case you can't tell:) they do look quite f&f though :)

SangNoiir
13-06-2015, 20:52
I agree, they do add to the whole drama of the event. To be honest i think the LMP and GT3 classes needed to be fleshed out a lot more.
There are so many awesome cars that aren't featured, i really hope they can get the licensing to develop them

OperatorWay
13-06-2015, 21:07
Because there aren't enough legitimate concerns that deserve attention, let's distract the developers' attention & waste their time with posts about fake/joke issues.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?133

TrevorAustin
13-06-2015, 22:25
Because there aren't enough legitimate concerns that deserve attention, let's distract the developers' attention & waste their time with posts about fake/joke issues.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?133

Yes, I'm sure they don't want a break or distraction from fixing your game for you. Much more useful listening to the 400th request for animated pit crews. Feel free to put me on ignore, I'm clearly never going to take this game seriously enough for you.

Also posted deliberately in general, not the tech section so anybody you expecr to be working at this time won't be looking in there. Wouldn't want thrm easting their time on a saturday evening when they should be working

hkraft300
14-06-2015, 08:34
I'd like some better outfits for the pit crew.
i mean the shoes they wear? omg... like.. i can't even..

oh and photo shoots with the cars like in gt6 would like totally complete pCars for me...

gpk99
14-06-2015, 08:45
massive oversight?...I don't play this game for the pretty colors....duhhhhhhhhhh

Disposable_Hero
14-06-2015, 08:50
More accurate real weather would be far more cool.
In the game it's raining right now because apparently that is the prognosis.
Why not use current weather instead?

flymar
14-06-2015, 09:09
Not an oversight. It was mentioned, it was discussed and AFAIR it's not possible with the technology used.

Racer4711
14-06-2015, 09:22
Further more night racing unfortunately is no option (for me). Tracks are much to dark. In combination with rain i do not see anything and cannot adjusted with TV settings.
Let alone fog and no lightning switch from the AI.

In sum (missing GT cars, lightning, sights, missing flags and AI behaviour when overlapping) there is unfortunately no LeMans feeling at all (atm), which also effects other tracks.

I saw reflectors at the crash barriers from onboard cams within TV live coverage at LeMans. This would be a small and - in terms of programming and graphics performance - feasible option in my opinion, which led into a realistic, helpful addition.

What do you think?

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 09:26
Lol, well the disclaimer was clearly a few words too many:(

Ripgroove
14-06-2015, 09:32
Lol, well the disclaimer was clearly a few words too many:(

It's because most people are so focused on putting you down/correcting you that they just skim over the original post rather than actually reading it properly.

Noksi
14-06-2015, 09:35
Trevor, some are only reading what they want to read :)

John Hargreaves
14-06-2015, 09:42
You would think that the demand to have it fixed by the end of the race would be a little clue that it‘s not a serious rant post, but hey ho, at least some of us got it. Maybe demanding to get things fixed immediately has become so common it‘s not even ironic any more :rolleyes:

MysterG
14-06-2015, 09:45
Yeah, people are so used to complaint/rants that sometimes 2 smileys are just not enough :beguiled:

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 09:45
It's a pretty sad indictment of what this forum has become really. Bad atmosphere and so few civil posts.

Hlspwn
14-06-2015, 10:19
It's a pretty sad indictment of what this forum has become really. Bad atmosphere and so few civil posts.

Totally agree, but tbh most forums are like it these days. Pc people are by far the toughest crowd. :boxing:

Naz
14-06-2015, 10:25
Genuinely surprised at some of the comments in response to what was clearly a tongue in cheek post. I chuckled when I read it...and then I read some of the replies. Goodness me, some of you really need to lighten up chaps!

:)

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 10:32
Totally agree, but tbh most forums are like it these days. Pc people are by far the toughest crowd. :boxing:

It's sort of funny too:) can just imagine what they are like when not hiding behind a keyboard, just sad that so many feel they need to display how much like de niro they wish they were with every post :)

It isn't exclusive to this forum but much worse than eksewhere. But it is the only gaming forum I'm on, so maybe that.

sh0rty
14-06-2015, 10:36
Further more night racing unfortunately is no option (for me). Tracks are much to dark. In combination with rain i do not see anything and cannot adjusted with TV settings.
Let alone fog and no lightning switch from the AI.

In sum (missing GT cars, lightning, sights, missing flags and AI behaviour when overlapping) there is unfortunately no LeMans feeling at all (atm), which also effects other tracks.

I saw reflectors at the crash barriers from onboard cams within TV live coverage at LeMans. This would be a small and - in terms of programming and graphics performance - feasible option in my opinion, which led into a realistic, helpful addition.

What do you think?

I fully agree.

I tried it also with 5x time progression.
- Nighttime is to light, not really pitch black
- Lights around the track are to dark, so its hard to see the track at some points
- No reflectors on the track (at some points) so you can't see the corners
- No lights from cars in the mirrors
- Headlights seem to have a shorter throw
- Blue lights blinking even if you are ahead
- No camera flashes at night

In all Le Mans 24H is nice but it misses the details and the real Le Mans feeling. Its like the devs didn't look at Le Mans videos at all.

sVig
14-06-2015, 11:41
The only issue I have with the lmp1 cars is the way you can't hit the speeds you should be able to on le mans. The r18 for example should quite easily be able to hit 210 mph but it can't do even with minimum downforce and tweaked gear ratios, closed radiator etc. Bentley speed 8 can't seem to hit its top speed of 203mph either, which is too low to start with anyway.