PDA

View Full Version : My LMP1 hit the wall at 200 and all I see is the paint a little scratched

Voxen
13-06-2015, 22:37
I'm driving with all damages activated, actually I'm driving with the most realistic options enabled.

Today during a Le Mans race I lost control of my LMP1 at full speed and violently hit the wall, not frontal but at an angle around 45. I was sure my car was totally destroyed as it would be in real life but inspecting it from external view I found out that only the paint was a little scratched where the impact was.

This is absolutely unrealistic! Could you tweak the level of impact that causes severe damage to the cars?

Thanks devs, loving this game so much :)

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 08:19
The damage the car takes s governed by the manufactures and not SMS. So if you want more realistic damage get on to the manufactures and get the to allow realistic damage on their cars.

Forbiddenracer
14-06-2015, 08:44
The damage the car takes s governed by the manufactures and not SMS. So if you want more realistic damage get on to the manufactures and get the to allow realistic damage on their cars.

If this is correct doesn't this kind of make a nonsense of damage...shouldn't all cars adhere to the laws of physics when it comes to damage!
If one car is more indestructible than another then racing on line with damage on would give an unfair advantage!?

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 08:53
As far as I know. The manufactures do not want full realistic damage as it can show their product in a bad light.
If you was a car designer for say BMW (other car manufacturers are available) would you want some potential customers seeing how realistic your car crumples in 200mph accidents in a video game ? It could put the potential customers off.

Machinist90
14-06-2015, 09:12
aren't some of the LMP cars fictional build by community? why not severe damage on them?

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 09:14
I'm guessing they must be using the same damage model as the other cars.

Ask Ian why the community made cars don't have realistic damage

Voxen
14-06-2015, 10:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ygNHOqVQc

Try the same kind of (rather low speed) crash with the Audi LMP1 in pCars and you'll never destroy the car is in this real Le Mans 2015 crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZwRpZF8Wys

This one will never happen in pCars as well.

jack1984
14-06-2015, 12:55
As far as I know. The manufactures do not want full realistic damage as it can show their product in a bad light.
If you was a car designer for say BMW (other car manufacturers are available) would you want some potential customers seeing how realistic your car crumples in 200mph accidents in a video game ? It could put the potential customers off.

I also first believed this story, but after reading an interview with the studio that made Assetto Corsa I really doubt this. They mentioned that damage was not an issue at all for car manufacturers. Even luxury firms like Ferrari would not complain if their cars became garbage.

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 13:09
hopefully Ian or another SMS employee can answer this question shortly.

Machinist90
14-06-2015, 13:13
it's easier to say "it's not allowed" rather then "we couldn't be bothered"

Pirategenius
14-06-2015, 16:47
To my limited knowledge of this. Every game has different constraints put apon it. All of the GT games up till 5 I believe could not show any damage, but Forza with some of the same cars could.