PDA

View Full Version : Profiler for PS4?????

Danno
14-06-2015, 00:25
Will anything similar to the telemetry profiler available for PC, be available for PS4 ??

TK-Jeff
14-06-2015, 00:43
I hope so

IrideGravity
14-06-2015, 23:10
I doubt it. They could have got it in the game if they used the same programming interface that ps4 uses, but they didn't. Used the PC one they know, or didn't do anything. Idk. Incompatible regardless. I've asked them specifically about fixing it by using the proper one and they are "looking into it".

But it's not included in the known issues thread. So I think telemetry is not a priority in this game. I think they are satisfied with the work around that you can record it or watch it later via the share button or some nonsense that requires you to waste a lot of time.
Tough to not see it as being ignored if it doesn't make a list and no one will talk about it or answer questions.
Sorry for bad news

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 23:30
I doubt it. They could have got it in the game if they used the same programming interface that ps4 uses, but they didn't. Used the PC one they know, or didn't do anything. Idk. Incompatible regardless. I've asked them specifically about fixing it by using the proper one and they are "looking into it".

But it's not included in the known issues thread. So I think telemetry is not a priority in this game. I think they are satisfied with the work around that you can record it or watch it later via the share button or some nonsense that requires you to waste a lot of time.
Tough to not see it as being ignored if it doesn't make a list and no one will talk about it or answer questions.
Sorry for bad news

Why would it be included in the known issues thread?
It's not a bug but a feature that you want.

IrideGravity
15-06-2015, 00:30
Why would it be included in the known issues thread?
It's not a bug but a feature that you want.

You want to point me in the direction of the missing features thread? Oh that's right. No lists for what we want that is clearly missing.
No list=no hope
At least that's the way I see it.
Was trying to educate the man so he could stop asking repeatedly a question SMS refuse to answer.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 02:11
Man, if only there was some kind of area to make Feature Suggestions.

Oh wait
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions

madmax2069
15-06-2015, 03:23

Sorry for bad news

They dont really have to use the same interface the PS uses to make it work.

War Thunder has a tactical map app that was made only to work with the PC version of the game. Then the devs updated the PS version of the game that way it could communicate with external apps by network which allowed it to communicate with the tactical map app, all you do is type in the consoles or PC internal IP address in the app and it would connect to the system by your network so that it can receive map locations and such.

If it can be done with War Thunder on PS4 it can be done with this game. Most of the sim racing telemetry apps can connect to a system by network but the PS4 version of PCars lacks the capability to do this.

Oh wait

I submitted a feature request a while ago but ot mainly went by unnoticed. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25153-there-needs-to-be-a-iOS-Android-WP-companion-app-for-Project-cars

chase66down
15-06-2015, 13:12
I think console owners are annoyed that the car relies heavily on tuning to be competitive but not having the tools to the job (self included) but then pc does. You can only test using feel to a certain point and is a very slow process that soon becomes frustrating. I for one would love this pc feature (telemetry in replay) to be a ps4 feature so my pcars enjoyed experience would be taken to another level.

IrideGravity
16-06-2015, 20:22

Oh wait

I know you can shout out whatever suggestion you want here and mods or staff may come around and say something. It just doesn't matter, unless it ends up on a legit list. You guys don't, or won't, make one for user requested features. Writings on the wall if people want to read it and educate themselves.

Danno
16-06-2015, 21:27
One day hopefully