PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec or Thrustmaster

buggie_brain
14-06-2015, 02:36
Hi guys,

I am currently playing pCARS on ps4 with a pad. I have a T300rs on order (which i haven't paid for yet) and it has been on order for quite a while.
I guess i am after other peoples experience with these wheels, should i continue to wait for the T300 or just buy a Fanatec?
I am in Australia and the T300rs is gonna set me back $490au. On the Fanatec website i can currently buy a Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel and CSR Pedals for $300au or a
Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel and CSR Elite Pedals for $330au.

I am not worried about the price difference, all i want is a quality wheel and pedal set that works!

Now i know there are quite a few people complaining about the quality of the t300 but we know it is fully compatible with the ps4 where i have never heard complaints about the quality of the Fanatec wheels but i read that there has been problems with getting it to work properly on the ps4.

So i am asking people with these Fanatec wheels, are you having problems on the ps4 or do they work fine?

Thanks in advance

Helmethead1031
14-06-2015, 02:44
Get ready....you're about to receive multiple view points in this thread...I've never used a fanatec, but I know some who own them. From a quality stand point I've heard it's very good. I own a Thrustmaster T100 and have been happy. The positive in a T300 is its designed compatibility to a PS4. I'm not any help, but I will be interested to see the responses you receive in this thread.

Rustyjaw
14-06-2015, 03:18
I have no opinion on Fanatec since I have never used one. I got my T300 back in December of last year, at first to play Driveclub, but also in anticipation of PCARS. It's my first FFB wheel and I love it. It's totally changed how racing games feel. I've owned non FFB wheels before and was never super happy with them. But after months of driving with the T300, I can't go back. In fact, when I'm hit with a problem that disables FFB, I suddenly feel like I'm driving blind. The difference is huge.

So I guess I'm just saying is that, while the T300 is fantastic, I suspect any FFB wheel is going to add tremendously to your experience in any racing game that supports it.

Awong124
14-06-2015, 03:43
I would rather have the T300, just because it has full PS4 compatibility. If you only plan on playing PCARS then it doesn't really matter, since PCARS is compatible with Fanatec wheels. But it's not guaranteed to work in other games. I don't really have an opinion on the quality of the wheel. I've never even seen a Fanatec wheel in person, let alone use.

buggie_brain
14-06-2015, 04:01
So I guess I'm just saying is that, while the T300 is fantastic, I suspect any FFB wheel is going to add tremendously to your experience in any racing game that supports it.

I should probably add that i do currently own a G25 that i used with my ps3 but obviously cant use it with the ps4 so i do know what a fantastic experience it is to use a FFB wheel. I might even be able to use the G25 pedals with a Fanatec wheel, i dont know.

Awong124 is right about support though. We don't know if other games will support Fanatec wheels but we know a T300 will always be supported!

KID--A
14-06-2015, 04:25
I have a GT2 and since the patch it's been good. It was rough at first. It's the only wheel I have ever owned, so I have nothing to compare it to... But I have haf it for years with no issues, but I think my load cell in my brake is going bad currently. The wheel and pedals feel like high quality and it provides a great experience when things are working well. I would recommend the GT2 to my friends. So I think it's a good wheel. I hope this helps in some way!

-Brick_Top-
14-06-2015, 08:29
My friend went from g25 to fanatec 911gt 2 he loves it and says that whilst he enjoyed the g25 it's a totally different league. I haven't had the chance to try his fanatec yet but from everything he's told me and everything I have read about thrustmaster then I would go fanatec all day every day.
Customer services is extremely bad at best with fanatac but the products are pretty well made and speak for themselves.

Good luck with whatever route you choose.
Enjoy what ever wheel you decide to purchase

-Brick_Top-
14-06-2015, 08:31
I should probably add that i do currently own a G25 that i used with my ps3 but obviously cant use it with the ps4 so i do know what a fantastic experience it is to use a FFB wheel. I might even be able to use the G25 pedals with a Fanatec wheel, i dont know.

Awong124 is right about support though. We don't know if other games will support Fanatec wheels but we know a T300 will always be supported!

The fanatec wheel you are looking at comes with an adaptor in the box that will allow the use of g25/g27 pedals.

TrevorAustin
14-06-2015, 09:42
I have owned the gt2 wheel, the tx and t500. The gt2 was very good but not a patch on the tx and not even close to the t500.

However the elite and even more the clubsport wheels are also way ahead on the pedal front.

If you aren't bothered about price, t500 and clubsport v2 pedals.

If you are t300/tx and elite pedals.

The t300/ts pedals are throw away items, the t3pa not much better and the t500 pedals look great but still no comparison to the fanatecs.

All imo of course.

SunBro
14-06-2015, 09:49
You ask "Fanatec or Thrustmaster?"

I ask "Can you wait for up to 3 months?"

You ask "Why the wait?"

I answer "http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-xbox-one-universal-wheel-hub-unveiled#comment-1949121430"

Rug22
14-06-2015, 10:02
I had a Fanatec CSR & Elite Pedals which I'd used since F1 2011, I sold it and bought the T300 & T3PA pedals before it was announced Fanatec would work on the playstation asnnobody actually confirmed it.

To be completely honest I prefer the T300 to the Fanatec, the Fanatec has so many settings of its own which for some add to the person nature of the wheel but I personally feel the T300 is better by being simpler from a plug and play view.

If I had to make a straight choice for the ps4 I'd go T300 every day.

rams1de
14-06-2015, 10:15

I went from G25 to T300RS and find the Thrustmaster wheel a recognisable step up, in terms of smoothness and FFB strength. Build quality appears very similar to me but you get a bit less (quantity) for your money with the T300 which doesn't have a gear stick out of the box.

The T300 pedals get a lot of criticism yet the springs are stronger than on my G25 pedals which makes throttle and brake control a little easier. Having only two pedals, the T300 looks less substantial but both sets are made from similar materials.

If you don't like the T300 pedals you can buy an adapter and use your G25 pedals. I've not bothered since I'm happy enough with the bundled T300 pedals and don't feel the need for a gear stick and therefore clutch pedal, preferring to use the paddles.

PS3/PS4 compatibility is a bigger plus than I imagined before making the purchase,.

JokePoster
14-06-2015, 10:26
I am in Australia too but where are you getting those prices? That seems really cheap.

buggie_brain
14-06-2015, 11:58
I went from G25 to T300RS and find the Thrustmaster wheel a recognisable step up, in terms of smoothness and FFB strength. Build quality appears very similar to me but you get a bit less (quantity) for your money with the T300 which doesn't have a gear stick out of the box.

The T300 pedals get a lot of criticism yet the springs are stronger than on my G25 pedals which makes throttle and brake control a little easier. Having only two pedals, the T300 looks less substantial but both sets are made from similar materials.

If you don't like the T300 pedals you can buy an adapter and use your G25 pedals. I've not bothered since I'm happy enough with the bundled T300 pedals and don't feel the need for a gear stick and therefore clutch pedal, preferring to use the paddles.

PS3/PS4 compatibility is a bigger plus than I imagined before making the purchase,.

I am leaning towards the t300 just to be sure it works with future games. It is a bit annoying that for that price you don't get a shifter or a clutch pedal but to be honest I rarely used my clutch pedal on my G25 and if I really want those things I'll add to it down the track.

I guess I'll just wait for this t300 to turn up.

Thanks for everybody's input

buggie_brain
14-06-2015, 12:00
I am in Australia too but where are you getting those prices? That seems really cheap.

The prices for the Fanatec are on the Aus Fanatec website and the t300 is from PCcasegear in Melbourne

daddyboosive
14-06-2015, 12:42
I've had a Fanatec for the past 5 years. It was pricey at the time but it's been worth every penny. I absolutely love it. I'd buy one in a heart beat tbh if I could afford the clubsport wheel base, V3 pedals and all the other clubsport attachments. You're talking atleast 1k though. I've not tried a T300 but I have got one en route to be delivered next week. So I'll test then and see how it compares to my fanatec.

ChrisK
14-06-2015, 13:03
I have the t300rs and a close mate has the gt2 with the elite pedals bought from the same place you quoted. It's basically the pedal set for free. The t300 stock pedals are not very good. There are some mods you can do to make them a bit better. I bought the t3pa pro pedals and they are excellent.

Having now used them both my personal preference is for the TM ecosystem. mainly due to the exchangable wheel, imo a better wheelbase and I love the th8a gear shifter which is cheap compared to the decent fanatec one.

Ratings from my experience:
T300 wheel: 8/10. strong, quiet, fully compatible so no ds4 needed. Exchangeable wheels is awesome.
Gt2 wheel: 7/10. not as good ffb, some minor compatibility issues with pe4 mapping. Paddle shifters are crap.
T300 pedals: 5/10
Elite pedals: 9/10 superrrrrbbbbbbbbbb. Load cell is badass.
T3pa pedals: 8/10

So really, value for money cos of that deal you can't beat the gt2 wheel IMHO.

Both of our wheels were screwed by PCars beta release version. Since the real final version of PCars released with patch 1.4 both our wheels work flawlessly. But understand it seems hit and miss. Still loads of people with wheel issues.

Chrisr123
14-06-2015, 14:16
Just seen a t100 steering wheel with pedals for 95 squid on eBay.....brand new, is it worth it?

daddyboosive
14-06-2015, 14:23
No, what's the point in having the lesser model?

Chrisr123
14-06-2015, 14:26
Well that's my budget and I'm no good with a controller, surely it's got to be better than controller?

XpDieto
14-06-2015, 14:32
I would say the TR300 works fucking great. Love it.

-Brick_Top-
14-06-2015, 14:41
Well that's my budget and I'm no good with a controller, surely it's got to be better than controller?

I don't know what the going price for one of those is or how good they are but if that's your budget then obviously you need to get what's within your budget. From what I know the t100 is the cheapest ffb wheels on the market I could be wrong. What I do know is any racing SIM is a million times more enjoyable with a wheel. Much easier to hold lines, correct yourself and also so much more rewarding sensation when you hook it all up perfect and put in a stunning lap time.
Look around at new and used prices you will soon see if it's good value or not.

daddyboosive
14-06-2015, 15:22

It will be better yes but I'd save up the extra cash for a T300 mate

Chrisr123
14-06-2015, 15:59
Probably be able to get a t300 around about end of July....from what you guys say I might hold out.

Thanks for your responses.

Goresh
14-06-2015, 17:41

Logitech pedals work perfectly with my CSR and PCARS.