PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Turn off rain?

Bob_bob
14-06-2015, 05:01
How do you turn off rain? I went to options and then to visuals and said no to rain drops. It still rains.

I'm doing this to continue my career mode. Major bug in game. I have a 6 laps rac, it starts to rain on lap 5 and by the end of lap 5 it heavy rain. If I pit I lose, it I don't I can't drive with the slicks and the ai nevers pits and drives like a dry sunny day before and during the rain. They don't have to pit, it didn't do this befor the 1.4 update but now only way to continue is to lose.

When I pit I usually have a 7s c lead so I come out way behind, the pit lane on the track is long. I come out around 7-10 and as its heavy rain I can't drive like a sunny day while ai does. So they leave me in the dusk.

Need help to turn off rain. The option above doesn't work. It still rains on lap 5. Reducing laps for the races does nothing, it always starts raining on the second to last lap and heavy on,last lap no matter how long the race is.

Please help. Would like to continue career mode.

KID--A
14-06-2015, 05:26
Nothing you can do as farvas I know. Sbjy.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 11:29
Turn ON/OFF raindrops is just for the effects on the camera lense is all.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 11:42

Its not the effect he means, he saying that his race is compromised due to unrealistic AI performance when weather changes. AI should be forced to pit like he does, if he doesn't pit AI catches up and beats him. Frustrating, weather changes mid race should be disabled until its working. Career on hold

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 11:56
Its not the effect he means
Yes it is!

I'm replying to this in his post...

I went to options and then to visuals and said no to rain drops. It still rains.
In which I replied...

KID--A
14-06-2015, 12:04
Sorry Roger but you are wrong. He wants to not rain atvall in career races. It's pretty darn clear that is what he wants.

PostBox981
14-06-2015, 12:19
You have to change from "realistic weather" to some constant weather option, eg. "light clouds". Donīt know whether this is possible in the middle of a career, but this is what you have to do. Turning off rain drops does not change the weather, it only changes optical effects/appearance.

Disposable_Hero
14-06-2015, 12:22
Not possible in career.

JessicaWalter
14-06-2015, 12:25
Sorry Roger but you are wrong. He wants to not rain atvall in career races. It's pretty darn clear that is what he wants.

he was explaining that what the OP tried actually did what it was supposed to and why it wasn't for what the OP was looking.

made sense to me.

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 12:32
I think some just like to argue for the sake of it Jessica.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 13:33
Hi Roger, not trying to argue. I think he (the OP) mistook raindrops on or off to mean rain on or off. He clearly says 'need help to turn rain off, the option above does not work. It still rains on lap 5.'

He wants to stop the weather changing to rain for all the reasons documented. Even his thread title alludes to this.

fitzsteve
14-06-2015, 13:41
I didn't have any races like this in Career mode yet but I'm not very far through, mostly been playing online and single events.

But I thought the devs were addressing the rain effect on AI cars in the patch, so is it not fixed then?

Proteus Maximus
14-06-2015, 13:43
I agree, I would also like SMS to add an option to turn off the rain (all races) in career mode.. The 1.04 patch didn't fix the AI at all, unfortunately.

DozUK
14-06-2015, 13:48
I didn't have any races like this in Career mode yet but I'm not very far through, mostly been playing online and single events.

But I thought the devs were addressing the rain effect on AI cars in the patch, so is it not fixed then?

No, opposite problem happens. AI now pits early (to wets, instead of running fast on slicks) but runs on wets very fast on a dry track

Roger Prynne
14-06-2015, 14:02
Hi Roger, not trying to argue. I think he (the OP) mistook raindrops on or off to mean rain on or off. He clearly says 'need help to turn rain off, the option above does not work. It still rains on lap 5.'

He wants to stop the weather changing to rain for all the reasons documented. Even his thread title alludes to this.

I understood his post completely, that's why I answered in the way I did.... ;)

Bob_bob
14-06-2015, 20:05
Yes. I was hoping there was a way to turn off rain because the bug where's ai is not affected by heavy rain and you can't win not matter what you do. It's a hug bug in career mode.

No matter what you can't win as the ai never pits and can drive like a sunny day. Your screwed no matter what you do. You can start with wet tires, as you can't keep up. You can't pit as you lose way to much time to catch up as the rain start on second to last lap.

Only option is to lose and continue. Mits sad when this patch said they worked on it. It worse the previous patch.

Thinking of uninstalling and prevent patch from installing, to get back to old ai stuff.

Praggia
15-06-2015, 15:17
not possible in career mode dude
you gotta take what mother nature throws at you
would not be very challenging if you could control the weather

LordDRIFT
15-06-2015, 15:29
I think some just like to argue for the sake of it Jessica.

I'm giving the benefit of a language barrier - gotta be. It affects reading comprehension. I've noticed that a lot on these forums due to its international makeup. It can be challenging to argue a point.

justonce68
15-06-2015, 15:46
Roger made perfect sense to me.
But then we are from the same neck of the woods

wusuku
15-06-2015, 16:07
Maybe itīs a problem with PC
For PS4, Patch changed it. I was racing at Zolder (BMW M1 Procar career mode)
Now the AI's pit and I can beat them wearing wets (which I could not before)

So for me, on PS4: PERFECT