PDA

View Full Version : I salute you SMS, well done

TAGS Battfink
14-06-2015, 12:17
You know ive waited a long time for this, a long time, for a dev to give us console peasents the sim we've always craved, and its an outstanding one at that.

I know its got its issues, i spent at least ten hours jumping in and out of races/options to get a decent controller setup going, but with the vast amount of options available, i expected that. How on earth anyone expected the default options to suit them is beyond me, how would you even achieve that?

Since then though ive invested in a playseat, tx wheel, shifter, clutch, and ive setup my 5.1 1000 watt system and 47" led, next is a buttkicker and tv stand, im going full hog for this game its that good. After playing both forza 5 and this with the setup this blows forza out of the water, and with the FOV option (we console owners dont usually see this) the sense of speed is amazing)

So once again id like to say thanks sms, for taking the plunge with us console owners, i hope you dont let the negativity detract from your efforts, or your ambitions for the future for consoles.

The true racing enthusiasts love the game to pieces, each and every one of us, i gurantee it

L4velle
14-06-2015, 13:20
Sim racers could be more common on consoled thanks to the massive success of project cars. Forza 6 will have dynamic lighting and weather to keep up with project cars. Additionally Assetto Corsa has been announced for ps4 and xbox one in 2016. Good times for sim racing without the need for a big rig of a pc

TAGS Battfink
14-06-2015, 13:47
Its the perfect time to spend loads of cash on a rig, and the tx is pc compatible aswell of course ;)

TAGS Battfink
14-06-2015, 15:38
I do have a question for any devs here or anyone in the know.

My hud layout changes never perma save, is this a bug? Id love to be able to change them for each viewpoint and save them.

nissan4ever
14-06-2015, 16:32
I do have a question for any devs here or anyone in the know.

My hud layout changes never perma save, is this a bug? Id love to be able to change them for each viewpoint and save them.

That should be fixed in patch 1.4

Patch 1.4 under GUI

* Fixed the issue where HUD customization was not saved on exiting a session.

I'm not sure about per view camera choice. But definitely saves it now.

John Hargreaves
14-06-2015, 16:34
It can certainly get expensive, but what the hell, it‘s worth it.

Lukeymonster
14-06-2015, 21:16
Agree. This game is the cart's pajamas and I am seriously considering dropping some coin on a rig.

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 15:50
Thanks for the info, im sure the hud still isnt saving for me though

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 16:18
Since then though ive invested in a playseat, tx wheel, shifter, clutch, and ive setup my 5.1 1000 watt system and 47" led, next is a buttkicker and tv stand, im going full hog for this game its that good

Can I be your friend?

Disposable_Hero
15-06-2015, 16:20
Can I be your friend?
Careful, or you´ll end up with Tom´s nickname:)

neoprime85
15-06-2015, 18:24
So you like buggy, unfinished, broken, badly optimized messes?

Good for you...i guess.

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 19:57
Sure, its TAGS Battfink. Just remember im a console peasent ;)

AtomicSphincter
15-06-2015, 20:03
https://barnabyisright.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/brownnoser.jpg

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:11

You're coming across as a bit of a twat now mate.

Infraction.

AtomicSphincter
15-06-2015, 20:21
I'm surprised you're still employed

Bealdor
15-06-2015, 20:26

You do know what "Head of Studio" means, don't you?

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:30

Ill give you another chance, as I'm still buzzing after that Forza presentation. :)

SpeedLimitUnknown
15-06-2015, 20:30

Oh boy... (slowly walks away from thread).

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:31
Oh boy... (slowly walks away from thread).

Indeed.

It is a shame that 'the fringe' feel the need to pop in to every positive tread to spread the doom vibe.

We're on it though.

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 20:43
Thanks for that. I dont give a shite what some pre pubescant idiots spew into the thread anyways. Like i said im well aware the game has issues, i get several of them, including the audio and visual glitches, but if these tools cant appreciate the amount of effort thats gone into this game, and the overall greatness of it then its their loss.

Im too long in the tooth to give a f#@k. ;)

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:48
Thanks for that. I dont give a shite what some pre pubescant idiots spew into the thread anyways. Like i said im well aware the game has issues, i get several of them, including the audio and visual glitches, but if these tools cant appreciate the amount of effort thats gone into this game, and the overall greatness of it then its their loss.

Im too long in the tooth to give a f#@k. ;)

Very astute skirting of the forum rules TAGS. I commend you.

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 20:56
Oops, didnt mean to test the waters, lol.
ill refrain from my usual vocab....

(But when that zakspeed capri tries to kill me for the 100th time im not promising anything). If it didnt sound so damn good

Straightlaced84
15-06-2015, 21:10
Oops, didnt mean to test the waters, lol.
ill refrain from my usual vocab....

(But when that zakspeed capri tries to kill me for the 100th time im not promising anything). If it didnt sound so damn good

The Zakspeed Capri is so awesome. I love that car. But it is actively looking for ways to kill at all times. ;-)

TAGS Battfink
15-06-2015, 21:30
Its savage, i love it. You hear all the time these days during development about how dozens on mics are used in controlled situations to record the audio from all angles off the cars, blah blah.

When using the chase cam on the capri, it sounds like they just rammed a fat mic up the exhuast and told some 14 year old chav to 'take it round for a few laps, drive it like you just stole a corsa'...... ha ha

What a sound, one of the best ive heard in a racer

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 21:50
Its savage, i love it. You hear all the time these days during development about how dozens on mics are used in controlled situations to record the audio from all angles off the cars, blah blah.

When using the chase cam on the capri, it sounds like they just rammed a fat mic up the exhuast and told some 14 year old chav to 'take it round for a few laps, drive it like you just stole a corsa'...... ha ha

What a sound, one of the best ive heard in a racer

Wonderful writing again TAGS.

I mean it, you should write a book about racing.

TAGS Battfink
16-06-2015, 09:31
Lol, ive actually got some funny storys about motor related 'incidents', like the time me and my brother, ahem, accidentally ripped the whole back axles, wheels, everything off his metro sport whilst rallying down a mountain, but i wont ramble.....

The car audio is as important to me as the handling, and you guys have nailed it with that capri especially, and with my 1000 watt 5.1 blasting its unreal

nissan4ever
16-06-2015, 10:17
Lol, ive actually got some funny storys about motor related 'incidents', like the time me and my brother, ahem, accidentally ripped the whole back axles, wheels, everything off his metro sport whilst rallying down a mountain, but i wont ramble.....

The car audio is as important to me as the handling, and you guys have nailed it with that capri especially, and with my 1000 watt 5.1 blasting its unreal

What receiver are you using? What brand speakers?

Invincible
16-06-2015, 10:40
The sound of the Capri is really awesome. But same goes for the Z4 GT3!
It's really mean that it sounds different in cockpit cam. I mostly drive in helmet-view, but for some cars I am forced to use chase cam, just because they sound so effing awesome! It totally kills immersion but... you leave me no choice! I just can't miss those violently screaming engines.

Once again, kudos to Mr. Baysted and everyone else involved in the audio.

TAGS Battfink
16-06-2015, 18:05
Im just using a samsung 5.1 surround sound system, my xbone goes directly to it and then that goes to the tv. I tried via optical but its not as good as a decent hdmi.

I plan on using this in the living room and buying a new 5.1 just for my rig, lol.

Invincible, i feel your pain man, i use a wheel, so bonet cam is my prefered choice, but that capri, i just love the chase audio.

What i wouldn't give to have an audio option to change exterior audio to cockpit cams ;)

brokengame84
16-06-2015, 23:43
Heh, yeah, calling people with legitimate issues with the game they paid full price for and have only been able to play for a few hours since launch due to broken handling, bugs and bad frame rates pre-pubescant idiots really makes you look like the better person.

So what are we only allowed to speak positively about this game? Proper debate and discussion about very real issues that should never have made it into the release code isn't allowed?

So this is the SMS ego stroking forum, not a place for...ya know, actual support and information and adult conversation.

Its all fine and dandy saying a ton of effort went into the game, which there clearly has but not EVERYONE is having a great experience due to game breaking bugs and performance issues.

I think the real "idiots" are the fanboy apologists that blindly praise and defend this game no matter what when there is clearly a very large majority who are not at all impressed by this messy release.

Ive yet to see this "masterpiece" that some people are talking about, and would rather see a better community of people discussing how to improve, fix and actually make this game playable for some instead of just calling those of us with legitimate gripes and issues "idiots" and banning their threads or usernames completely, cos nothing says "we care and want you to play our game" like being told to basically f*@k off or be banned.

Bealdor
17-06-2015, 06:10
Heh, yeah, calling people with legitimate issues with the game they paid full price for and have only been able to play for a few hours since launch due to broken handling, bugs and bad frame rates pre-pubescant idiots really makes you look like the better person.

So what are we only allowed to speak positively about this game? Proper debate and discussion about very real issues that should never have made it into the release code isn't allowed?

So this is the SMS ego stroking forum, not a place for...ya know, actual support and information and adult conversation.

Its all fine and dandy saying a ton of effort went into the game, which there clearly has but not EVERYONE is having a great experience due to game breaking bugs and performance issues.

I think the real "idiots" are the fanboy apologists that blindly praise and defend this game no matter what when there is clearly a very large majority who are not at all impressed by this messy release.

Ive yet to see this "masterpiece" that some people are talking about, and would rather see a better community of people discussing how to improve, fix and actually make this game playable for some instead of just calling those of us with legitimate gripes and issues "idiots" and banning their threads or usernames completely, cos nothing says "we care and want you to play our game" like being told to basically f*@k off or be banned.

Thanks for rejoining and letting us know how "proper discussion" works neoprime85.

Bye

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 06:28
I want to say thanks to SMS delivering a racing sim on consoles that takes it to the next level. Yes there are issues since launch, but I fully believe all will be ironed out. Thanks for delivering a game that has DYNAMIC weather & time of day (unlike pre-baked wet weather & night racing on FM6 [confirmed]). Big thanks for focusing on the MOTORSPORT, with out it in your title. I'm personally looking forward to & buying all dlc you release for this epic game.

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 11:23
So you like buggy, unfinished, broken, badly optimized messes?

Good for you...i guess.

Firstly, i was refering to the two above posts when i said pre pubescant idiots spewing shite because thats exactly what that is. My just turned 13 year old pre pubescant son doesnt act like that, so use that as a guidline if you like.

Also dont put words you fabricated into my mouth thanks, i talk enough nonsense as it is, at no point did either of those posts offer any sort of debate or genuine discussion about issues with the game, it was rather pathetic, especially since, like previously said, this is a thread from a newcomer to the forums who just wanted to show his gratitude for a game hes been waiting years for.

Maybe, just maybe if you used the forums like you should, searching for the issues you are getting before spamming non issue threads about them or creating the upteenth thread about it, and be constuctive instead of a tool, you wouldnt be banned right now.

These forums are, like most, not a democracy, the development and runnning costs are met by the studio, so you either fall in line or piss off, they dont want thousands of threads about the same issue mate, find the right place to discuss it.

Also, you say the game, sorry, YOUR game, has game breaking bugs and is unplayable, if thats the case, how the flying **** do you know its not a masterpiece?

Im on xbox one, apparently the weakest platform of the three, i play the damn game fine.

Lastly, getting back on track.....

You know, when you chose one of your fav cars in this game, fav tracks, fav weather, time of day, and get into it, this game is unmatched, its just the most imersive ive experienced, ive never been so sucked in, and ive been playing games since the spectrum

If showing my gratitude for this comes across as brown nosing or any other sort of weirdness you claim then again, im too long in the tooth to give a ****, jog on son

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 11:38
Appolgies to the mods again, i may have earned an infraction, but i think it was worth it..... ;)

girlracerTracey
17-06-2015, 12:08

Broken handling?

Are we playing the same game?

I just don't get that at all tbh. No offence but I don't.

grT

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 12:24
Man i love your sig, ive heard wonders about the grip on marigold gloves, when racing.... lol

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 20:13
Thanks for the hud save fix sms, was so annoying havjng to reset it every race, and the ffb, wow, shoulder popping