PDA

View Full Version : Opponent Volume - Can I adjust?

Lukeymonster
14-06-2015, 21:13
Is there is a way to boost the volume of opponent's cars, especially in replays? I am in my GT3 season right now and the volume of my car (Z4) vs everyone else's is just so much louder. I know it is a very loud car, but when my opponents pass by the camera in the exact same way I can barely hear them.

The audio shines in this game and I would love to be able to balance it so that their engines have much more presence.

Schnizz58
14-06-2015, 21:26
There's the opposite problem for the Audi R8 road version. It's so quiet you can't hear it over the noise of the other cars. :D

Lukeymonster
14-06-2015, 21:29
There's the opposite problem for the Audi R8 road version. It's so quiet you can't hear it over the noise of the other cars. :D

Ah I have not messed around with the road cars too much. I can see how that would be annoying. I was wondering if others had experienced these types of things or if it was my setup or my personal preference skewing my opinion. I use 5.1 surround sound so its really strange to only have my car booming around the room in a tight race.

FTW Leceur
14-06-2015, 21:33
Don't mind if other cars make less sound, the real annoying thing is when you can't hear your own engine sounds.

Schnizz58
14-06-2015, 21:36
Shifting is guesswork, especially since there are no redline LEDs on the steering wheel in a road car.

Lukeymonster
14-06-2015, 21:38
Don't mind if other cars make less sound, the real annoying thing is when you can't hear your own engine sounds.

I can imagine!

Lukeymonster
19-06-2015, 03:22
So I read in another thread on the ps4 page that ai cars don't have the same sound modeling as the player due to resources. Totally understand that if that is the case. So my question to SMS is would it be possible to add a slider to increase the volume of the opponents as a whole to give an option for those of us who want more presence from the opponents engines?