PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone's favorite car in each class?!

Chappyjoker
15-06-2015, 03:27
What car in each group ( road, prototype, gt3, gt4, touring, etc...) is your favorite go to car. Please share what are your favorite and why in each class. Just trying to figure out what cars are good and why. Like in gt3 I have really liked 2 cars, BMW z4 and mclaren 12c. So share what you like in each class. Thanks!

Bubbs
15-06-2015, 06:12
Touring: BMW M3.

Noise firstly. Secondly it's got decent corner stability. The Cossie is quick, but I can only drive it in straight lines.

GT3:
I was using the M3 here for a good while, maybe 50 or so online races. I got the impression that it was a bit of an underdog car compared to the Z4 and Mclaren, so was fun trying to drag the m3 into places it shouldn't be.

Current GT3 fave is the Aston though. Great traction and braking, around Monza it's awesome. Bit slow off the line though, so whenever I qualify up front I normally look like I've left the handbrake on at the start :)

m355y
15-06-2015, 06:47
I'm loving the early 90s DTM cars, my fave at the moment is the Merc 190e but haven't driven the M3 that much so far. Would be great to have some of the old tracks like AVUS and Norisring to go with those, love the noise and the way they race, understeer central but when you get into a rhythm driving it, really rewarding. Makes up for not having the modern DTM field aside from the Merc.

In GT3 I'm loving trying to tame the Bentley Continental GT, even with TC it's so keen to snap out and put you in the barriers, needs to be treated with respect but the fastest thing out there when you get it right and I love its threatening growl.

Open wheel, prefer the Formula B, it handles so well and feels so solid on the ground, fairly easy to drive which makes for good racing, really feels like you're in the middle of a really intense GP2 race and makes the duller F1 tracks come to life.

Of the prototypes the BMW V12 LMR and Mercedes CLK LM are great, the more modern ones (and the Bentley Speed 8) all feel much of a muchness to me at the moment but I suspect the fastest of them by a nose is the RWD LMP1.

Praggia
15-06-2015, 06:53
definitely the Z4 GT3 that sound is just killllleeeerrrrrr! it just sounds so evil man. Second I would say the Audi R8 GT3 and Aston Martin GT3. I love driving the RUF too for me it has the most balance handling right off the bat without even any tuning.

E30 M3 i love how raw it sounds but for me it understeers like a dog on ice, maybe it's my setup i don't know.

Oh and the Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail....did a few runs with it and it corners as if on rails and stops on a dime and just has relentless acceleration.
I hope they add the Le Mans winning F1 GTR's too. ie not the longtail versions.

Then we have the Zonda R..... I normally turn up my surrounds system volume up pretty loud for this one. That spine tingling scream from that AMG v12 id enough to make my ears bleed.

Praggia
15-06-2015, 06:58
Oh I almost forgot......I was blown away by the handling of the DTM mercedes. WOW WOW WOW....it took me back to a vid i watched not too long ago of Chris Harris doing a review of the BMW M4 DTM and how he could not emphasise enough just how good these cars are. The extensive aero and the monstrous brakes just make these cars go and corner and stop as if they defied the laws of physics themselves.

PeoplesChampion
15-06-2015, 13:07
definitely the Z4 GT3 that sound is just killllleeeerrrrrr! it just sounds so evil man. Second I would say the Audi R8 GT3 and Aston Martin GT3. I love driving the RUF too for me it has the most balance handling right off the bat without even any tuning.

E30 M3 i love how raw it sounds but for me it understeers like a dog on ice, maybe it's my setup i don't know.

Oh and the Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail....did a few runs with it and it corners as if on rails and stops on a dime and just has relentless acceleration.
I hope they add the Le Mans winning F1 GTR's too. ie not the longtail versions.

Then we have the Zonda R..... I normally turn up my surrounds system volume up pretty loud for this one. That spine tingling scream from that AMG v12 id enough to make my ears bleed.

Have you heard the Bentley Continental GT3? Now that thing sounds like pure madness!

Chappyjoker
15-06-2015, 16:50
I love the bentley cars in real life and was excited to get them. That being said they handle worst in their class for some reason. Disappointing cause I end up using a different car. Keep your favorite cars coming. Started a good post here!!!

Praggia
15-06-2015, 17:34
true the bentley feels like a boat compared to the others

ImStylinOnYaBro
15-06-2015, 17:44
i love hte ruf in gt3. i always go shooting up the midle like a rocket at starts until getting taken out in t1. i'll have ot continue trying ot master the continental. i want ot enjoy it, but it feels like im going so slow having to baby the throttle, but perhaps it is indeed over all fastest car.

EDIT: i absolutely LOVE the zonda r sound. i wish the chase cam was a touch louder though cuz i think that sounds better than hte on board sound. it seems like it has a lot of understeer for me though. i was taken back by that considering top gear thought it was crazy good handling.
i think the formula gulf is a total joy to drive, i absolutely love that car!

Chappyjoker
15-06-2015, 17:58
Yeah the bentley cars do handle like boats. Very heavy and unstable off. I love those cars in real life and they look so sweet but can't use them in this game. I haven't raced touring cars much so why I'm asking what cars people like to get an idea of what cars to try. I love cars that handle like they are on rails. That's half the battle right there. So if anyone knows of these cars in any class please share. And share what cars you like in each class so I can try them. Thanks!

m3lover1
15-06-2015, 18:41
Just drove the DTM yesterday. It was insane. Driving that, now I really want the M4 DTM to be part of some DLC. But man that thing is on rails.

Chappyjoker
15-06-2015, 19:54
What class is the DTM in?

bemilh
15-06-2015, 20:00
What class is the DTM in?

The DTM car is in it's own class. But hopefully they will add some more DTM cars in a DLC-pack in a near future. Unfortunately I haven't heard about any licenses being fixed yet.

Chappyjoker
15-06-2015, 20:13
Ok thanks

Chappyjoker
15-06-2015, 20:18
What is everybody like in the prototype class?

Praggia
16-06-2015, 10:12
The LMP's are pretty good too although i do find them a bit snappy under braking and turn in. You have to be careful with them but here and there you will put a few decent laps together and it is quite rewarding but you have to put in the hours. Other than the Formula A's the LMP's i think are the quickest around a track but if they bite they bite you in the behind big time.

Praggia
16-06-2015, 10:17
I know people have been asking for more road cars but as far as I am concerned once you have driven the race derivatives nothing else comes close. The speed the handling it's all so addictive. I love the Sierra Cosworth. That huge whale tail fin and those gorgeous BBS rims but damn it's hard to drive. Great in a straight line but once that boost kicks in mid corner you better have an extra pair of pants handy lol

Invincible
16-06-2015, 10:25
I love both RWD's (LMP1 + LMP2), but for LMP2, my favourite is the Alpina.

GT3: Aston Martin Vantage V12
GT4: Also Aston Martin

Touring: Mercedes Benz 190 Evo

Road: BAC Mono

Le Mans Icon: BMW V12 LMP

Open Wheel: Formula C

AngelBrow
16-06-2015, 13:34
I only drive drive in GT3 class.

BMW Z4 and Bentley GT3.

I tried the Bentley gt3 a few time, it was a wild beast going sideways. Read on the forum to lower tyre presure and suspension.

Now this car is amazing!!! Im not good at Nurburgring gp, but I was pulling 3 sec quicker lap times than my brother who usually is faster than me on that track. There was so much grip but still the mega power and the braking distance was incredible

millsy__
17-06-2015, 01:40
I have a few cars I like to drive at the moment;
1) BMW M1 Procar (E26/1)
2) Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm
3) Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
4) McLaren 12C

I personally like the raw feeling of the Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm and that's been a favorite since day one... but I'm loving the BMW M1!

dvc
17-06-2015, 05:07
Prototype: Radical SR8-RX, Nissan Oreca

Road: Ariel Atom 500 V8, Caterham Superlight R500

GT3: Bentley Continental GT3, McLaren 12C GT3

GT4: Ginetta G55 GT4,

Open Wheel: Formula C, Lotus 98T Renault Turbo

Other: Formula Gulf 1000, McLaren F1 GTR, RWD P30 LMP1, Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM, Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5 Evo2 DTM, Formula A,

m355y
17-06-2015, 06:54
The Bentley is great when you treat it with respect, won my first race in it at Monza the other day, by slowly and steadily overtaking my way up to the front. Then on the last lap coming out of a corner a bit too much throttle and it snaps sideways into the barrier, luckily without losing too much time or damaging it too much. Respect!

silky jack
17-06-2015, 10:51
Great thread....here's mine:

Prototype: Radical SR8-RX
Road: Caterham R500
GT3: Either the McLaren (for it's handling) or Ginetta (for the sound!)
GT4/5: Ginetta GT4
Open Wheel: Formula Gulf
Touring: None yet - really hoping for some of the BTCC cars sooner rather than later!!

Rodgerzzz
17-06-2015, 14:21
So many favourites it's hard to pin point a specific car to each class! Overall after Le Mans I'm loving the LMP2's, particularly the Marek. The whole class is great fun but the Marek looks a little bit more aggressive in it's design than the others and it's all I want to race at the minute. I'm also currently in a Touring Car Championship/league and using the BMW E30 which is fantastic fun to chuck around the tighter UK tracks. A big surprise to me is the Formula Gulf, really fantastic single seater and tons of fun to race in a group of friends.

LordDRIFT
17-06-2015, 16:54
I've probably driven less than 7 cars since the game came out

Awong124
18-06-2015, 03:41
In GT4 my favorite to drive is the Ginetta, but I think the Vantage is the best overall objectively. The Vantage is almost as nice to drive as the Ginetta, but better speed. The BMW handles nicely, but really slow. The Mustang is the opposite of the BMW. It handles like crap, but really fast. The Rapide is somewhere between the M3 and the Mustang.

Shogun613
18-06-2015, 04:16
Until the E-Tron Quattro comes out, the Audi R18 LMS Ultra is my favorite LMP car.
I love the McLaren 12C in GT3
My favorite touring car is the Mercedes DTM car. I LOVE driving that thing.
As for the road cars go, I'm still trying them all out but the Mclaren P1 and the BAC Mono are tons o' fun.

millsy__
18-06-2015, 20:11
I have to say after using the Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo2 DTM for a few races over the last couple days, that it has to be right up there. Digging the older cars myself. Good to see some different cars mentioned in the thread...

hkraft300
18-06-2015, 20:30
Lotus 98T Renault
Formula A
Sauber C9 + RWD P30
Gumpert Apollo

GermanCarSizawsome
18-06-2015, 21:20
Road: None, i hate them :D
Prototype: BMW V12 LMR
GT3: Ginetta G55 GT3 & BMW Z4 GT3
GT4: Never driven with this class
Touring: BMW E30 & MB C Coupe DTM (this car is awesome)