PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals

daddyboosive
15-06-2015, 04:52
How good do these look! Best get saving though to be able to afford a set haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbVyoYxieRY

jason
15-06-2015, 05:34
A beautiful looking bit of kit that is , I wish I Could get them working with my t500 on ps4 ...

daddyboosive
15-06-2015, 05:52
A beautiful looking bit of kit that is , I wish I Could get them working with my t500 on ps4 ...

You can mate. You just need the adapter.

daddyboosive
15-06-2015, 05:54
http://www.basherboards.com/CPX

Thats a link to the adapter.

jason
15-06-2015, 05:56
Well there you go , this is on my order for my birthday from the misses :)

Gavin Thomas
16-06-2015, 20:11
How good do these look! Best get saving though to be able to afford a set haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbVyoYxieRY

They'd be worth every penny in my opinion, I'm running the Clubsport V2's and they are the best pedals I've used yet.
Can't imagine how good these new V3's would feel, but first I must upgrade my wheel to the Clubsport base, know anyone who wants to buy a kidney? :rolleyes:

Sankyo
16-06-2015, 20:16
Yep they're nice. Been testing them for some months already :)

Gavin Thomas
16-06-2015, 20:20

I ain't jealous, honest :rolleyes:

TakMan
16-06-2015, 20:23
Remco, please may I ask your opinion...?

I have the CSWV2 + Hub and rim, CSS and the (now) V3 pedals on pre-order.... Have you tested the optional damper units for the V3's by any chance? Worth the additional expense (if you are allowed to comment that is)?

Thanks in advance,

Damian

daddyboosive
16-06-2015, 20:36
I might ask Mr Claus for some. Aka the Mrs :rolleyes:

daddyboosive
16-06-2015, 20:41
They look so sexy!

Fanapryde
26-06-2015, 21:34
TakMan already asked it, I'm interested too.
Just ordered the pedals (together with CSW Porsche 918 wheel, V2 base and SQ V1,5 shifter).
Been hesitating about the optional damper(s), 1,2 or none. Set is promised to be delivered end of august, so I can still add them if need be...

Did you try them ?

-Brick_Top-
26-06-2015, 21:57
Have ordered mine too with one damper can't see me needing one on accelerator.
Shame cause I have literally only just shipped the csp v2's from Australia.
They certainly look like a step up though

tgrey
27-06-2015, 00:26
Can anyone confirm that the accel & brake vibration works properly using the adapter with a TM wheel? I *JUST* ordered a set of T3PA-Pros... but maybe this will be an upgrade in a year or two, or when I hit the lottery.

xXDoc187Xx
27-06-2015, 01:42
Too bad you can't trade in your old CSP towards these :(

JeyD02
27-06-2015, 01:49
they do look awesome.

rocafella1978
12-07-2015, 14:31
do the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 and Clubsport Wheel Base V2 work with Playstation 4?

chase66down
12-07-2015, 15:31
do the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 and Clubsport Wheel Base V2 work with Playstation 4?

yes they do, you can plug them into the wheel base and set and make force adjustments through wheel base. Not sure but as there is a usb l think you could use as stand alone but then force adjust might be not possible?

draughn101
03-08-2015, 17:44
So can we confirmed that these pedals work 100% with pcars on PS4 with a clubsport base? Vibration and all?

Fanapryde
03-08-2015, 17:55
So can we confirmed that these pedals work 100% with pcars on PS4 with a clubsport base? Vibration and all?AFAIK the vibration will not work on PS4.

draughn101
03-08-2015, 18:15
AFAIK the vibration will not work on PS4.

Are they still worth picking up if you're only gaming on PS4?

Martini Da Gasalini
03-08-2015, 18:19
NICE, they have vibrating motors, that should give you that undulating feel on the brakes when hard braking.

Fanapryde
03-08-2015, 18:23
Are they still worth picking up if you're only gaming on PS4?
Well, I"ll tell you within a month, when they arrive. I'm on PS4 too (for the moment).
But I am convinced they are worth it, otherwise I wouln't have ordered them ;)

draughn101
03-08-2015, 18:40
Well, I"ll tell you within a month, when they arrive. I'm on PS4 too (for the moment).
But I am convinced they are worth it, otherwise I wouln't have ordered them ;)

Dang. I may take the plunge. Or I may settle for csr elites.... Ugh

rocafella1978
03-08-2015, 20:33
thought the V3's have issues? and Fanatec was working on something???

draughn101
03-08-2015, 21:29
thought the V3's have issues? and Fanatec was working on something???

Where'd you hear that? I've got someone willing to sell and I'm trying to decide if its worth it. Especially for ps4 only

daddyboosive
20-08-2015, 10:40
Do these work on PS4? Santa might be able to bring me some if they do.

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 13:01
Yes, I have mines for about 3 days.

Work on PS4, I have to calibrate tem because the brake and gás pedal is to sensitive.

And activate the (L2 and R2) in menu. Now is perfect.

The brake is fenomenal.

Gás rumble is fantastic, when the car spins.
Brake rumble is to weak, and just works in câmeras outside of the car.

Very strange But, comented on another thread.

Overall great pedals :)

tgrey
20-08-2015, 15:26
Yes, I have mines for about 3 days.

Work on PS4, I have to calibrate tem because the brake and gás pedal is to sensitive.

And activate the (L2 and R2) in menu. Now is perfect.

The brake is fenomenal.

Gás rumble is fantastic, when the car spins.
Brake rumble is to weak, and just works in câmeras outside of the car.

Very strange But, comented on another thread.

Overall great pedals :)

Before someone goes and spends a bunch of money on something that might not work, you should clarify...

Don't these (or at least some functions such as rumble) only work on the PS4 if you're using it in conjunction with a CS wheel base?

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 21:09
Before someone goes and spends a bunch of money on something that might not work, you should clarify...

Don't these (or at least some functions such as rumble) only work on the PS4 if you're using it in conjunction with a CS wheel base?

Yes, the CSP V3 rumble works on PS4 via Base V1 or V2 conect with RJ12 cable.

tgrey
20-08-2015, 21:11
Yes, the CSP V3 rumble works on PS4 via Base V1 or V2 conect with RJ12 cable.

^ ONLY works... Of course it works with them, but the important distinction is that it doesn't work with anything else... or am I mistaken?

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 21:13
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11898598_10153538810844513_5456137746955144798_n.jpg?oh=6d7fd3bb47200a0abfb498682635c824&oe=563841E1

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 21:16
^ ONLY works... Of course it works with them, but the important distinction is that it doesn't work with anything else... or am I mistaken?

In PS4 platform, only works via base v1 or v2. In PC work in stand alone.

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 21:20
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11880672_10153538810744513_4668962178956524616_n.jpg?oh=582286ddf26d1e4a222b1ab72424f2b2&oe=5639F5EE

Fanapryde
20-08-2015, 21:26
I see you installed the rubber covered race plates. How do they feel ?
I am waiting for a power cable (a wrong type came with the V2 base) to install my set, but I'm not sure if I should also switch to the race plates...
Still need the damper for the brake too (end of september).

tgrey
20-08-2015, 21:29
In PS4 platform, only works via base v1 or v2. In PC work in stand alone.

Ok, that's what I thought... just wanted to be 100% certain I wasn't mistaken, otherwise I'd be selling my t3pa pros and picking up a set of those.

Your rig looks great! May I ask how tall you are? The pedals seem awfully close to the seat.

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 22:01
I see you installed the rubber covered race plates. How do they feel ?
I am waiting for a power cable (a wrong type came with the V2 base) to install my set, but I'm not sure if I should also switch to the race plates...
Still need the damper for the brake too (end of september).

I switch to the race plates because in my CSP V2 I have the DSD peds (Derek Speare Designs).

The race plates feel great, but is you work with brake very stiff, play with shoes ;)

Luxman_
20-08-2015, 22:03
Ok, that's what I thought... just wanted to be 100% certain I wasn't mistaken, otherwise I'd be selling my t3pa pros and picking up a set of those.

Your rig looks great! May I ask how tall you are? The pedals seem awfully close to the seat.

Its optic ilusion, but I have 1,70.

The pedals are almost on the maximum distance, I puxed the rig forward a litle for more close to the wheel :)

therealzissou
20-08-2015, 23:02
tgrey- Currently the only way to use the V3s is indeed with a CSW v1 or v2. However i fully expect the CPX adapter offered by BasherBoards to support the V3s in the next few months allowing you to use them with your T500.

Mr Basher has commented on his forums that at present only the clubsport pedals v1 and v2s work but once he has a set of v3s to test it should just be a case of updating the firmware to offer support. Additionally, the CPX adapter connects to the pedals via ps2 port which the V3s do not have. The should be simply solved by using a ps2 to rj12 cable which I'm sure he'll include with later CPX orders. I have one of these that came with my V2s so it's pretty straight forward.

With regards to rumble, it all works as it should with my V2s so I expect the same with the V3s. Not sure about throttle rumble though... The CPX has a knob for adjusting the brake rumble so it's simple and quick to set up how you want.

I absolutely love the V2s with my T300! Perfect combination in my option (without spending lots of money of course ;))

I'd suggest you keep an eye on his forums over at Basherboards.com if you're interested.

tgrey
21-08-2015, 00:50
tgrey- Currently the only way to use the V3s is indeed with a CSW v1 or v2. However i fully expect the CPX adapter offered by BasherBoards to support the V3s in the next few months allowing you to use them with your T500.

Mr Basher has commented on his forums that at present only the clubsport pedals v1 and v2s work but once he has a set of v3s to test it should just be a case of updating the firmware to offer support. Additionally, the CPX adapter connects to the pedals via ps2 port which the V3s do not have. The should be simply solved by using a ps2 to rj12 cable which I'm sure he'll include with later CPX orders. I have one of these that came with my V2s so it's pretty straight forward.

With regards to rumble, it all works as it should with my V2s so I expect the same with the V3s. Not sure about throttle rumble though... The CPX has a knob for adjusting the brake rumble so it's simple and quick to set up how you want.

I absolutely love the V2s with my T300! Perfect combination in my option (without spending lots of money of course ;))

I'd suggest you keep an eye on his forums over at Basherboards.com if you're interested.

Very interesting, I was under the impression that with Basher's adapter the brake/accelerator rumble didn't function...

So, does anyone want to buy a set of T3PA Pros? :-P

Fanapryde
21-08-2015, 06:23
I switch to the race plates because in my CSP V2 I have the DSD peds (Derek Speare Designs).

The race plates feel great, but is you work with brake very stiff, play with shoes ;)Thanks for the info.
I guess I'll install mine too, I always race with shoes :)
On the T500RS I also have Mr.Bashers brake mod installed.

Knight--angel
13-10-2015, 17:31
Hi guys, could you tell me, are we saying from the previous comments that the Clubsport V3 pedals WON'T work connected to the Fanatec GT3 RS v2 on the ps4?

Thanks for any responses. I was just about to hit the checkout button when I read this forum... Now I'm scared lol

Abbey Road NW8
08-01-2016, 12:09
Hi everybody.

I am a little late for my reply but I just wanted to inform everyone that I have just received my Clubsport V3 Pedals today and they work fine with my Fanatec GT3 RS v2 on ps4.
I checked it with Project cars and WRC 5 and it's okay, except for the rumble, of course (I don't care since I plan to get the Clubsport base someday). For this you need the clubsport base.
And you also need a PS/2 – RJ12 cable for it's not included in the box. I use the cable from my old CSR pedals and it works fine, but I guess you can also use this cable here :
http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals-accessories/pedal-shifter-cable-2-0m-ps-2-rj11-eu.html.
I use clubsport shifter v1.5 with same cable on my GT3 wheel and it also works fine.

Haiden
08-01-2016, 16:32
Remco, please may I ask your opinion...?

I have the CSWV2 + Hub and rim, CSS and the (now) V3 pedals on pre-order.... Have you tested the optional damper units for the V3's by any chance? Worth the additional expense (if you are allowed to comment that is)?

Thanks in advance,

Damian

Have ordered mine too with one damper can't see me needing one on accelerator.
Shame cause I have literally only just shipped the csp v2's from Australia.
They certainly look like a step up though

I ordered two dampers, but initially only installed it on the brake, because I heard the same--that it's not needed on the accelerator and that seemed fair, because the accelerator was awesome as-is. However, I decided to give it a shot, before selling it, and I was wrong. The damper makes a huge difference on the accelerator. You don't, and probably shouldn't, set it as high as the brake. In fact, I think mines on the lowest setting. But the additional resistance makes a big difference for throttle control, allowing you to ease off or on the power with increased precision, and can make a huge difference on some corner exits. I actually recommend it.

Yes.

yes they do, you can plug them into the wheel base and set and make force adjustments through wheel base. Not sure but as there is a usb l think you could use as stand alone but then force adjust might be not possible?

I haven't tried this, but only because I was told it wouldn't work on console, only on PC.

So can we confirmed that these pedals work 100% with pcars on PS4 with a clubsport base? Vibration and all?

Yes. The rumble motors work just fine.

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 18:39
I swapped the springs on the clutch and the throttle. More than enough for me strength wise. I only use the damper on the brake.

However, the damper doesn't seem to "damp" much now. It is like watery feel inside like oil gone too thin and is harsher and "stepping" in feel now.

Anyone else with this?

Fanapryde
08-01-2016, 23:10
I swapped the springs on the clutch and the throttle. More than enough for me strength wise. I only use the damper on the brake.

However, the damper doesn't seem to "damp" much now. It is like watery feel inside like oil gone too thin and is harsher and "stepping" in feel now.

Anyone else with this?
Yep, me too.

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 23:39
guess the next question is... is this supposed to be normal? because it doesn't feel quite right to me :\

Fanapryde
08-01-2016, 23:47
guess the next question is... is this supposed to be normal? because it doesn't feel quite right to me :\
Don't really know what to think, thought it was my imagination because after a Windows update I lost my brakes...
Took me a few corners to realise that max brake pressure gave only half brake power. Recalibration in game showed NO brake input.
Then used the Fanatec app and found out I can not calibrate brake in manual mode (min/max) any more.
In auto calibration I got full range.
Back in the game the pedal did not feel right, though I had full brake power again. That's why I thought I imagined it...

RomKnight
08-01-2016, 23:57
Just a note one calibration. Auto does not work for me because brake pedal bleeds to throttle and no pedal uses the full throw range. So manual mode is mandatory.

Anyway, two things I do every time for quite awhile now:

- always press the pedals after I boot into windows and before run a game
- always calibrate the pedals in the game if I change anything in the drivers and/or game global settings

Fanapryde
09-01-2016, 07:49
Just a note one calibration. Auto does not work for me because brake pedal bleeds to throttle and no pedal uses the full throw range. So manual mode is mandatory.

Anyway, two things I do every time for quite awhile now:

- always press the pedals after I boot into windows and before run a game
- always calibrate the pedals in the game if I change anything in the drivers and/or game global settings
Until my issue I did calibrate manual, but now I can't.
Got the brake working on auto though.
I'll try pressing the pedals when booting (never touched them before),
In game calibration was done only once, and now I can't since the brake shows no input.
Checked all cables (pedals are connected directly to the PC.

MrBeasa
09-01-2016, 14:02
I had this issue with no brake input showing on the in game calibration. I also had my pedals set to manual calibration. In the end I tried only plugging the pedals into the base and not directly into the PS4/PC and that seemed to work for me. Once you've calibrated them in game you can plug the pedals back in directly and should be fine. Hope this helps.

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 14:38
Until my issue I did calibrate manual, but now I can't.
Got the brake working on auto though.
I'll try pressing the pedals when booting (never touched them before),
In game calibration was done only once, and now I can't since the brake shows no input.
Checked all cables (pedals are connected directly to the PC.

Did you try reinstall the drivers, just in case? Strange things already happened to me especially after windows "updates". And remember to reboot between removing and reinstalling them.

Fanapryde
09-01-2016, 17:24
Did you try reinstall the drivers, just in case? Strange things already happened to me especially after windows "updates". And remember to reboot between removing and reinstalling them.
That did the trick !
(Issues also started after a Windows update).

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 20:26
Got'ta love windows :D

Fanapryde
09-01-2016, 20:40
Got'ta love windows :D
Even if Microsoft twists my arm I won't... (Long time Mac user here, and these issues remind me why...) :emmersed:

RomKnight
09-01-2016, 20:59
I'm a linux user myself so... totally understand you :D

Gloomy
16-01-2016, 00:09
Do i need to update the pedals to work properly on the ps4. My pc is on the fritz but I'm sure I could borrow a laptop to update them if that'll fix the ingame calibration problem I'm having.

I have them connected to a gt3 rs v2 wheel, I know I won't get any of the rumble features, but I can't properly calibrate them in game. The throttle only goes to 20 in the calibration menu and when racing goes to max pressure only slightly pressing the pedal. Without calibrating in game at all it'll only go to about 75% pressure.

Abbey Road NW8
16-01-2016, 09:37
Don't know if it works without updating but I did so on my PC before installing the pedals on my console and calibration works fine in Project Cars.
You must install the drivers first before plugging the pedals.
Then you'll be able to flash the firmware.

Gloomy
24-01-2016, 01:32
Don't know if it works without updating but I did so on my PC before installing the pedals on my console and calibration works fine in Project Cars.
You must install the drivers first before plugging the pedals.
Then you'll be able to flash the firmware.

Updating the firmware fixed the problem. They work great, absolutely love them! Now I just need to upgrade my wheel and get some vr and I'll be in racing heaven, though I'm pretty happy with my current setup now, I can't complain to much, everything is working as it should!