PDA

View Full Version : Which Current Track Would You Like to See Included? VOTE NOW!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MysterG
15-06-2015, 09:51
Above is a list of the top 52 tracks from the track request thread. Thanks NemethR for your work collating the info.

Choose the track you want to see included more than any other.

Obviously Top votes does not guarantee inclusion, but provides a valuable insight for the devs.

Azure Flare
17-06-2015, 11:17
I'm fairly certain that quite a few of the tracks in that list are already coming later on.

Alex Hobbs
17-06-2015, 11:18
Gonna have to vote top gear, simply because it's an open space with a drag strip. Could be any airfield for all I care :)

Jabbar993
17-06-2015, 11:29
What´s the point of including Indianapolis in this poll? It´s the only track we´re certain that will come, so it´s pointless to be included in here in my opinion.
By the way, maybe it would be a good idea to label this thread as "current" instead of "non historic" tracks, it would look more clear in my opinion :-)

jgaganas
17-06-2015, 11:33
Need at least 3 votes here :)

Racert246
17-06-2015, 11:33
Isle of Man TT, Would like to see that track in the game more than anything else.

Laserscanned ofcourse.....;)

RAVEracer
17-06-2015, 12:35
Adelaide of course ;) Also Circuit of The Americas and Yas Marina. And Fuji and Sepang later on.

NemethR
17-06-2015, 12:44
Now this is tough.

Hungaroring is my home track, I loved Kyalami in all games I played, Cota, and Yas marina would be true gems both in this game, Isle of Man TT would be just amazing, I totally would like to drive the 24h version of the Nürburgring, love the BTCC tracks too, it has been a while since they apeared in a game, not to mention VIR, and Belle isle... but I still voted for Daytona, it has such a history.
And the 24h race just is up there with Le Mans (I think).

Kazun85
17-06-2015, 13:00
Just a suggestion, but wouldn't be better if we could vote for 3 or 5 tracks?

I guess it is technically not possible or it would have been done already, but choosing 1 out of 52 tracks, even with many voter, won't make a statistically interesting result, don't you think?

(and it is really impossible to decide... as NemethR just said... This is though.. :dejection:)

Pink_650S
17-06-2015, 13:01
Good work with the poll, guys :)
Go Interlagos!

GenBrien
17-06-2015, 13:05
voted for Montréal (of course)
but Nurburgring 24h is equal 2nd

EHM
17-06-2015, 13:14
Bring on Behemoth.

theZOGster
17-06-2015, 13:40
How are tracks like Daytona, Assen and Mugello "non historic"? Am I misunderstanding the term "non historic"?

BBoy
17-06-2015, 13:41
Out of all of those, I'd have to go with Macau since that track hasn't been properly made for any racing game off the top of my head.

Outside of those, the next 5 I would like to see would have to be Montreal, Zandvoort, COTA, Sebring, and Daytona.

Ryno917
17-06-2015, 13:46
Mosport, obviously. It's the greatest track in the world. ;)

I'd also love to see Barber.

NemethR
17-06-2015, 13:47
How are tracks like Daytona, Assen and Mugello "non historic"? Am I misunderstanding the term "non historic"?

Historic is basicly a racetrack that is not used anymore, (Westwood in canada for example, or the old Kyalami track)
or a layout of the racetrack that is not used anymore (for example the "long" version of Hockenheim or the Oval at Monza)

While current refers to raceracks that are currently used by racing series around the world.

mOnsta
17-06-2015, 13:50
Long Beach, Sebring, Road Atlanta and Lausitzring are my favorites. :)

Nelly D Racer
17-06-2015, 13:51
Mugello :)

MikeyTT
17-06-2015, 13:51
That's the hardest pole ever. Choose just one track from a list of many great, nay, excellent tracks ??!!

I'd love to see all of the UK tracks in there, as that really would be something special for any historic or current BTCC championships.

RomKnight
17-06-2015, 13:52
Estoril, for obvious reasons. Senna won there in F1 in the rain AND... it's so close I can hear the engines at home :D

JessicaWalter
17-06-2015, 13:58
Isle of Man

Fuji a close second

Dominic Mako
17-06-2015, 14:00
I would never call someone's opinion stupid. If you voted for Top Gear test track, I will make an exception. Just kidding, you're all special snowflakes and your opinion is important and valid... but seriously, Top Gear test track is a waste of time.

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 14:00
Yeah yeah, let's chose the two effing longest tracks on earth. :)

I bet the Mille Miglia is in demand also.

Invincible
17-06-2015, 14:02

Of course it is! :p

Jabbar993
17-06-2015, 14:03

Montreal/Zandvoort are not that long after all ;)

pioneer1985
17-06-2015, 14:11
I want all the above;)

Dominic Mako
17-06-2015, 14:12

and what's funny is they'll drive on them once or twice, go "wow, that was neat." and then never race on them again. The leagues and clubs I've been in almost never use the longest tracks for their race series. Having said that, I had to resist clicking Mille Miglia.

NemethR
17-06-2015, 14:15
and what's funny is they'll drive on them once or twice, go "wow, that was neat." and then never race on them again. The leagues and clubs I've been in almost never use the longest tracks for their race series. Having said that, I had to resist clicking Mille Miglia.

I love to drive Azure Coast, and California Highway... But I do it only with road cars.
It just gives a special feel, being off the racetrack.

Inbekannt
17-06-2015, 14:16
Damn, I think I need to create more accounts to vote for all the tracks I want :D

KamyKaze1098
17-06-2015, 14:26
No Circuito da Boavista :( Sad

KkDrummer
17-06-2015, 14:31
Gotta be freaking Interlagos! Only games to offer this track are F1 games. I want different types of cars on this track! =]

JeyD02
17-06-2015, 14:53
Can't you somehow organize your the list from most votes to least votes.

Pamellaaa
17-06-2015, 14:56
Going to post this here as well as its equally as relevant in this thread as in the historic one:

Could I make a suggested change to the format of the vote/suggestions system.

I personally would like to vote for a number of tracks and this system is a very restricted in that it only allows each person to vote for one track, I would suggest that a new subforum is opened for track suggestions (maybe one for historic and one for modern or just a single subforum for any track selections it doesn't make a huge amount of difference) anyone with a suggestion (or those who have already suggested) can make a single post thread with their suggestion and any supporting media (track maps, images, history of the circuit etc etc) and then the votes are tallied simply by the number likes on each post. It allows us to show support for any and all tracks which we support and will naturally allow the most popular tracks to be shown through. I know it involved an extra forum suggestion but its a system that I have seen used elsewhere and one which works very very well.

It would be easy enough to setup (a new subforum and a sticky about how it works) it allows people to browse through each suggestion with further information rather than just a track name and it allows anyone to support as many or as few tracks as they want to have, you can "sort by number of likes" to see the most popular suggestion.

Edit to add: It would make it nice and easy to keep track of duplicates, you could have a rigid naming structure detailed in the stickies to make sure that already suggested tracks are easy to find and to keep things neat. The same principle can be applied to car suggestions too...

chig88
17-06-2015, 15:16
If anyone votes for the Top Gear track I will not organise you a hot meal at the end of your working day :)

Jezza819
17-06-2015, 15:19
Tough choice to narrowed down to one but I went with VIR.

Megalomanic87
17-06-2015, 15:44
Has to be Knockhill, Scotlands only legitamite racing track, also on the BTCC calendar ;)

Whack it in SMS, it's an easy track too :P

PS - The TT with top votes...seriously??!

GenBrien
17-06-2015, 16:07
IoM TT Roi would be too small I say
so long and so much details needed...

Baron_Greenback
17-06-2015, 16:09
I voted Croft, my local. There are more on that list I'd like to see too.

Laurens Van Rossem
17-06-2015, 16:27
Vote for Tsukuba :D

cornishbrooksy
17-06-2015, 16:27
RRRE gets Macau this week :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6scDlGPuag8

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 16:28
I voted for Dundrod.

Pink_650S
17-06-2015, 16:28
These polls really are interesting to follow :)

NemethR
17-06-2015, 16:29
RRRE gets Macau this week :eek:

Simbin has the license since 2005 for it. And basicly the track too

AirFlight101
17-06-2015, 16:33
My heart says Lausitzring because it's my home track. But i have to race the Nürburgring 24H!!! :)

3800racingfool
17-06-2015, 16:40
Another vote for "All of the above".

But seriously for me it's either Long Beach or Sebring. I chose Sebring but I'd be happy with either one. (or both!)

Scuderia Paul
17-06-2015, 17:09
My first choice would have been Macau if it were not strongly rumoured to come to PCars anyway. I would love Sebring too but the Isle of Mann TT circuit is impossible to overlook.

Threads with so many options should have 3 choices.

Andjem
17-06-2015, 17:11
Can see several tracks there which I know are already coming :rolleyes:

Straightlaced84
17-06-2015, 17:15
The Isle of Man TT course intrigues me. However, as much fun as it would be to drive, I question the racing aspect on that course. Aside from Mark Higgins blasting his Subaru around it, I don't think I've seen any other modern car racing there. It'd be interesting to take an F1 car around it.

Also, I'm offended as an American that not one person has voted for Talladega or Bristol. (I kid.)

I voted for Interlagos.

Phishfinger
17-06-2015, 18:07
I'm delighted to see the TT on the list with the majority vote so far. Could it be released as a standalone DLC maybe to really make it worth the time and effort making it? I'd give my left nut to have it in the game but I'd prefer to pay in pound sterling, I'm sure SMS would prefer the coin too.

I imagine it would be difficult to pull off (the track) but the devs here seem to thrive on being challenged and I can't think of anything more challenging than bringing us the mountain in its full glory. I know bringing bikes into the game is a step too far but I wonder if you could add side cars and use tweaked physics from the superkarts? Either way, I've always wanted to drive a car around it and to have it in Pcars would be a dream, not to mention you'd sell a hell of a lot more copies of the game with the TT.

edit- if that's not possible, my vote would go to Circuit of the Americas. That looks like such a fun track to drive.

Jericho91
17-06-2015, 18:10
I am the onlyone, who miss Autopolis?

Linus27
17-06-2015, 18:22
Voted Sebring.

wrathofbod
17-06-2015, 18:31
i need Croft asap Please...& Pikes Peak

Jabbar993
17-06-2015, 18:53
A short question - for how long will this poll be opened?

BrainDamagedBudD
17-06-2015, 19:07
Hmmm, I'm truly feeling like my online ID, BrainDamagedBudD, with just a slight case of confusion thrown into the mix to really foul things up ... You see, I voted for Pikes Peak for, as some may recognize, obvious reasons ... I see Pikes Peak everyday out of my living room window and all I have left are the memories of driving up the Peak ... After driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee into a building the last time I drove for real, the Jeep was totaled and the building needed repairs but nobody was hurt thank god, I surrendered my license and gave up driving, that was almost 8yrs ago and Pikes Peak scares my wife to death so the Cog railway is what's left and believe me when I say, it's beautiful , but it's just not the same! ...
Anywho, my confusion is in the labeling of Pikes Peak being non-historical!? I'm not entirely sure just how many years the race has been run, my wife recently reminded me but BrainDamaged is more than just an ID, in my case, it's real ._. If I remember correctly this year marks the 99th year of the running of Pikes Peak! I'd say that was pretty histerical, oops, my bad, historical!
I'm sorry to rattle on like this, I'm not looking for sympathy nor anything of the sort, neither complaining nor anything that's demeaning or, I hope, putting anyone off ... I will say that I'm passionate about, after having experienced Project Cars firsthand as I have, having Pikes Peak included into the game ... I know that the 'SlightlyMad' team would do it the justice it deserves and hope that it makes the cut and that's what's giving me the drive to post this reply ... It's been about a year or two since the last time I've posted anything, anywhere, so it's safe to say you won't be seeing much of me in the forums! Thank you for one heck of a game ... The graphics and the physics are more than mindbending, they're mindblowing! ... Who would have thought back in the 70's/80's when gaming started that we'd be this far this soon!? ... Now They're talking a lot more seriously about VR! Hmmm, Project Cars and VR, somebody SLAP ME! ...
Just one quick last note 'PPIR' or Pikes Peak International Raceway is also here in Colorado Springs and it's primary vocus nowadays seems to be training up and coming drivers with racing venues from time to time as well as a drag racing track just outside of Denver that's been around since the 60's and has enjoyed some popularity if you think about bringing drag racing to the game, wouldn't surprise me none if people were already drag racing in the game!!! Here's to keeping the shiny side up, the greasy side down, and the rubber between the lines,Thanx bye-bye :cool:

jackd94
17-06-2015, 19:40
Gonna have to vote top gear, simply because it's an open space with a drag strip. Could be any airfield for all I care :)

The trouble with the top gear track is that it's a figure 8 so it will make one hell of a proper race

FS7
17-06-2015, 19:51
If I have to choose 1 track I'll choose Macau. Besides it being a great track I was very impressed with how well-made Monaco is in PCars, definitely the best version of Monaco I've ever seen in any racing game. If SMS can include Macau in that level of quality I'll be really happy.
Other tracks I'd like to see included in PCars: Circuit of the Americas, Indianapolis, Interlagos, Istanbul Park, Long Beach, Mugello, Nürburgring 24h, Sebring, Surfers Paradise, Suzuka.

graveltrap
17-06-2015, 19:54
Sad to say I voted for something that is already in the game although in separate pieces, the N24 version of the Nurburgring, it along with the slightly shorter version are used for the actual racing right ;)

After that anything new that I haven't seen before would be welcome!

Andersonxr3
17-06-2015, 20:15
Voted in Interlagos. Best track ever!

Gavin Thomas
17-06-2015, 20:23
That was almost an impossible decision to make!

I mean only one choice out of all those great circuits? that's enough to drive someone insane :bi_polo:

SkyRex
17-06-2015, 20:54
Was tough... Isle of Man TT or 24h... chose 24h. Great because then I discovered the TT is leading, so both tracks I want are currently Nr. 1 and 2 .
Bring it on SMS

MacPhisto
17-06-2015, 21:00
So many to choose from but this time I locked on Interlagos.

Kirby711
17-06-2015, 21:43
So many great choices... Personally, I voted Barber's.

On another note, while NASCAR may interest only be a small portion of the players, I think it would be great to experience those high banked turns of Talladega on PCars with the helmet cam. No matter how stale some may view Nascar or how it may appear on tv or even from the stands, driving the track IRL was mind blowing. After seeing 30+ races at Talladega, the degrees of banking on those turns just blew my mind (Dale Jarret Driving Experience). Compared to many of these great tracks, it would seem pretty simple to add (In comparison to something like Isle of Man TT). PCars number of tracks is absolutely amazing compared to others... half of them I haven't even driven yet. I would welcome any of the above and whatever comes our way. Gezzz.... I'd love COTA too!

Patrik Marek
17-06-2015, 22:29
so hard to pick on, but I went for Macau, one of the best street circuits, if not the best one.

Mr.Smoke
17-06-2015, 22:37
Voted for Mosport as its my local track which i attend every July to watch the ALMS racing. Its not called Mosport anymore though, which im sure the devs are aware of. I would love to see any Canadian track added, but that one sits above all others IMO.

Valekideam
17-06-2015, 23:37
My opinion: All F1 tracks should be in the game !

Chappyjoker
17-06-2015, 23:48
I live in Speedway, Indiana and I voted for the greatest spectacle in racing. Indianapolis Motor Speedway and bring those Indycars with it. Both oval car kits and road course kits. This would make this game THE greatest racing game ever in my opinion. Already love it but would make it above and beyond everything before it!!

MetheadMan
18-06-2015, 00:37
Voted for Mosport as its my local track which i attend every July to watch the ALMS racing. Its not called Mosport anymore though, which im sure the devs are aware of. I would love to see any Canadian track added, but that one sits above all others IMO.

Mosport is my home track as well, gotta love 'Mini-Nurburging' xD Would love to finally see it appear in more recent game title. It's almost like we never see Canadian tracks in video games even though there is only really two or three well-known tracks.

klorptar
18-06-2015, 01:11
Road Atlanta is huge in the American Le Mans series. I'd love to see this track.

RaceDat
18-06-2015, 01:21
Morgan Park Raceway In Aus

Ryzza5
18-06-2015, 02:28
I just vote for the longest ones, best bang for buck. :)

Sipheren
18-06-2015, 03:58
One I would like but can't see in the list is Queensland Raceway (Australia), mainly because it's just up the road and I have driven it so it would be cool to play in the game also.

CustomInternals
18-06-2015, 04:57
I voted Tsukuba but I would also like to see Road Atlanta along with a lot of the others make it in. Even if my top picks don't make it in, I would at least like to see the track roster get a little more even when it comes to region. I mean Europe has a lot of good tracks don't get me wrong but I think 2/3rds of the entire roster is enough for now.

davekojo
18-06-2015, 05:15
Any Australian track but I voted for Albert park

Sipheren
18-06-2015, 05:18
Any Australian track but I voted for Albert park

I would love for pCars to be the first game to have all the Aus V8SC tracks and cars, could then do proper seasons :)

Umer Ahmad
18-06-2015, 06:01
COTA supports WEC and TUDOR. Makes perfect sense to be in pCARS. Might have multiple layouts too

dodge33cymru
18-06-2015, 06:05
Come on Road Atlanta! Incredible track, would take a fraction of the development time if some of the others. Also good shouts for Red Bull Ring, the N24/VLN course, Mosport and the Norisring.

Who is wasting votes in the Isle of Man course? If you think about the development time of the two point-to-point tracks we have, it would take forever and they could create about 5 or more others from the list in the same time, not to mention it wouldn't be suitable for the majority of cars in the game.

Also, personal preference, bit I'm so disappointed tonsee COTA doing so well; to me it's a soulless Tilkedrome in a continent full of incredible 'organic' circuits, such as Road Atlanta, Road America, Barber MP, Laguna Seca, Mont Tremblant, Mosport and Watkins Glen and many of the world's most iconic street circuits, such as Long Beach, Trois Rivieres, Montreal, Baltimore and Bicentennial Park.

North America has incredible circuits, sadly undervalued by the majority of the local market (although maybe because of that they haven't been spoiled in the way so many European venues have been), so why the love for one every bit as neutered as modern Silverstone?

R1G3Yc
18-06-2015, 06:25
I can only choose one?...

Nope sorry can't do it, it was hard enough to make a top 3.

Adelaide
Hungaroring
Singapore/ Marina Bay

There are so many i want to see though;
Motegi (Twin ring)
Yas Marina
Sepang
Sebring
Thruxton
Montreal
Estoril
Albert Park

The list just goes on

STINGER_LP
18-06-2015, 07:10
So many great tracks in the list! Is there any plans for the second stage poll, like TOP 25 of tracks received largest amount of votes, and so on? So we can help narrow down the list for devs to a number which is more appropriate for them?

MrStef85
18-06-2015, 07:36
Zandvoort!

Neil Hopwood
18-06-2015, 07:44
COTA supports WEC and TUDOR. Makes perfect sense to be in pCARS. Might have multiple layouts too

Two layouts. Only time I've seen the short course was the V8 supercars race though.

CustomInternals
18-06-2015, 08:04
Come on Road Atlanta! Incredible track, would take a fraction of the development time if some of the others. Also good shouts for Red Bull Ring, the N24/VLN course, Mosport and the Norisring.

Who is wasting votes in the Isle of Man course? If you think about the development time of the two point-to-point tracks we have, it would take forever and they could create about 5 or more others from the list in the same time, not to mention it wouldn't be suitable for the majority of cars in the game.

Also, personal preference, bit I'm so disappointed tonsee COTA doing so well; to me it's a soulless Tilkedrome in a continent full of incredible 'organic' circuits, such as Road Atlanta, Road America, Barber MP, Laguna Seca, Mont Tremblant, Mosport and Watkins Glen and many of the world's most iconic street circuits, such as Long Beach, Trois Rivieres, Montreal, Baltimore and Bicentennial Park.

North America has incredible circuits, sadly undervalued by the majority of the local market (although maybe because of that they haven't been spoiled in the way so many European venues have been), so why the love for one every bit as neutered as modern Silverstone?

Racing other than NASCAR and NHRA aren't as popular over here as they are in Europe. I think the main culprit to this is the fact that they are so spread out in comparison. Most Europeans probably live 2-3 hours from multiple tracks. I live in the center of a very populated part of the country (mid-west) and the closest major road course is 2 1/2 hours away (Indianapolis) and that's only one. The next closest is probably Road America which is 5 hours away. That really isn't THAT bad but after that is when it gets sketchy. Mid-Ohio 6 1/2 hours. Road Atlanta 10 hours. COTA 15 hours. Willow Springs 28 hours. Laguna Seca 32 hours.

If the tracks were a little more accessible I think series would do a lot better. Obviously you can watch it on TV but what's the fun in that? Hahaha

There are obviously some smaller, not as well known tracks but they are few and far between. I think the same applies to these as well and why there aren't that many. Not only is there not a lot of these but a lot of them are a "club" course as well. You have to be a member, which is VERY expensive, and unobtainable for the average joe.

Just my .02

LADY GEMMA JANE
18-06-2015, 08:05
Croft

II ONE RACER II
18-06-2015, 08:12
I just put the 69er vote in on Isle of Man, Hell yeah.

DragonSyr
18-06-2015, 08:12
need to vote at least for 2 more tracks

o Mike V o
18-06-2015, 08:29
Yas Marina actually got votes???? terrible track.

Theirs many tracks I like on here, but I voted Circuit Gilles Vellenueve.

Hobbsy
18-06-2015, 08:47
such a list of choices, too close to pick between some of my favourite tracks, so......

IoM TT it is, why?
Because most of the tracks appear in other games already, but how many current/modern racing games have this track? It will give the devs the BIGGEST headache (lol), it is probably the least likely track to be added, but mostly it can pave the way for... PROJECT BIKES (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27493-Project-BIKES&highlight=project+bikes) ;)

Brent G
18-06-2015, 09:11
Isle of Man TT, Would like to see that track in the game more than anything else.

Laserscanned ofcourse.....;)

Yes please! This would be awesome. Nuff said.

Goods_1973
18-06-2015, 09:16
MONTREAL MONTREAL MONTREAL MONTREAL 2nd best track in GP after silverstone!

Equation
18-06-2015, 09:19
Some Karting tracks from Finland. http://www.kartingasia.com/kart_tracks/finland-karting-tracks.php

mister dog
18-06-2015, 09:29
Voted for the Nurburgring 24 layout. Quite easy to implement seeing both parts are in the game already.

Following tracks would also be appreciated in random order; Interlagos, Suzuka, Thruxton, Paul Ricard, Road Atlanta and Zandvoort.

Mellowyellow
18-06-2015, 10:13
I had to vote for my local track! Thruxton. Been every year since 1994 to watch the BTCC. I've driven round it on a track day in various racing cars which was a fantastic experience. Also the last time i raced around it was on the toca touring car games. Classic!

ssijak
18-06-2015, 10:17
Hmm, maybe a stupid question, but maybe Isle of Man TT is not a good track for car racing game? As far as I know, they have bike and rally races there, but racing with many cars on the track at the same time I think no. It is too narrow.
I mean, it would be probably really fun to drive solo, but there are more "appropriate" tracks for the project cars at this stage I would argue.

David McKenna
18-06-2015, 11:57

top gear test track? eeww.. this is a sim not a Mickey Mouse game :)

gormanio
18-06-2015, 12:09
dont understand why people want isle of man tt track? i want a car track. too many to pick from had to go with phillip island, needs more aussie tracks, knockhill would be good too but they said only one :grumpy:

Fractured Life
18-06-2015, 12:18
Good to see I agree with almost 10%

IoM TT track would be class. Cheers for the poll guys :)

Fractured Life
18-06-2015, 12:24
dont understand why people want isle of man tt track? i want a car track. too many to pick from had to go with phillip island, needs more aussie tracks, knockhill would be good too but they said only one :grumpy:

Its famous for the TT and synonymous with Bikes, but its still a race track regardless! I agree though, I could have done with multiple choices, 1 choice was a tough one lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7gmbQ8KxM4

Tastakrad
18-06-2015, 12:32
Voted for the Nurburgring 24 layout. Quite easy to implement seeing both parts are in the game already.

Following tracks would also be appreciated in random order; Interlagos, Suzuka, Thruxton, Paul Ricard, Road Atlanta and Zandvoort.

I voted the 24h Nürburgring Layout for the same reason as yours.

m355y
18-06-2015, 12:54
Probably an unpopular choice but I've always liked Magny Cours, for all it got criticised when it ran F1 races. Nice circuit to drive around, good fast corners and the Adelaide hairpin for some great overtakes.

slovoflud
18-06-2015, 13:32
top gear test track? eeww.. this is a sim not a Mickey Mouse game :)

But wouldn't you want to see how you'd fare against the Stig on many different types of cars?

LordDRIFT
18-06-2015, 15:34
Need grid lines or reduced spacing - cant read the results easily

Phishfinger
18-06-2015, 15:34
Its famous for the TT and synonymous with Bikes, but its still a race track regardless! I agree though, I could have done with multiple choices, 1 choice was a tough one lol

This was one of my favourite PS2 games, I wonder if they still have the track data and if it could be aquired and updated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb4ok5ZueE0

Jabbar993
18-06-2015, 15:46
Well I´ve thought since the begininning of this poll that by the time we get to 1000 votes, the results will be pretty determined and they already seem to be.. Apart from Isle of Man and 24h Nurburgring (which is almost present) the results are pretty interesting. Let´s hope that SMS will take note of this! :-)

MysterG
18-06-2015, 15:56
Well I´ve thought since the begininning of this poll that by the time we get to 1000 votes, the results will be pretty determined and they already seem to be.. Apart from Isle of Man and 24h Nurburgring (which is almost present) the results are pretty interesting. Let´s hope that SMS will take note of this! :-)

You never know, the other 14000 active members might all vote for Castle Combe :friendly_wink:

Jabbar993
18-06-2015, 16:03
You never know, the other 14000 active members might all vote for Castle Combe :friendly_wink:

Or Talladega? :D May I ask you, is this poll time-limited or will the list get narrowed down over time?

MysterG
18-06-2015, 16:05
No time limit. We'll see when activity tails off.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 16:07
can we get more than one vote pleaseeeee

MysterG
18-06-2015, 16:11
can we get more than one vote pleaseeeee

Yep you get 2. One here and one historic ;)

Raven403
18-06-2015, 16:26
Yep you get 2. One here and one historic ;)

Well played

girlracerTracey
18-06-2015, 16:56
This was one of my favourite PS2 games, I wonder if they still have the track data and if it could be aquired and updated?

That's definitely an option. I'm not sure how accurately Jester Interactive "mapped" the track but it looked pretty good to me. Jester Interactive are still going by the way and have a face-book page.

To those who understandably perhaps voice concern at the narrowness of the track remember that in real life the IOM TT races are run on a Time Trial format with staggered starts so at the most you normally only have a max of 3 or 4 bikes dicing at any one time..normally it's less. Often you are racing in your own "space". So bear in mind this is a Time Trial track in essence..a time trial run as a "live" race.

For me it's the ultimate challenge on two wheels, three wheels or four. Jim Pearson of gpl modding fame very much thinks the same thing..the gpl community have been racing on a "highlights" (i.e. shortened) version of the track for years. Jim Pearson as many of you may know is presently working on a full length version of the track which will be for exclusive use in the gpl game.

Why should gpl players have all the fun? Just my personal opinion of course but I love the track on two wheels & four..I race it all the time on both and it's epic! A truly memorable challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p240WsUABe8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5W5gV9dY7Y

grT

DragonSyr
18-06-2015, 17:05
Pcars is a car racing game and isle of man is not race track for cars. Is only for bikes . What is the point to have such track.
It will be the most bad choice that I ever saw.

m355y
18-06-2015, 18:04
The TT Circuit, Goodwood and Pikes Peak can all naff off. Two completely unsuited to Project Cars, one actually not a very good or challenging circuit.

Phishfinger
18-06-2015, 18:12
If the idea of a game is to have fun then the TT can't possibly be a bad idea. I'd wager that most car drivers who have seen the TT have thought to themselves, "I wish I could take my car around that".

dodge33cymru
18-06-2015, 18:42
I'd argue it can be a bad idea, as the resources it would take to create something unsuitable for most of the cars in the game (and branching further away from being a racing simulation) could otherwise be used for so much better purposes.

The Mountain Course is 60km, give it take.

Adelaide is 3.2km
Albert Park is 5.3km
Assen is 4.5km
Barber is 3.8km
Castle Combe is 3.0km
COTA is 5.5km
Croft is 3.4km
Detroit is 3.7km
Estoril is 4.2km
Fuji is 4.5km
Hungaroring is 4.4km
Interlagos is 4.3km
Istanbul is 5.3km
Kyalami is 4.3km

In total, these would make 59.4km, or the equivalent of the Isle of Man course. Would everyone who voted IoM prefer that course to, for example, all of these? I know it isn't that simple when it comes to developing locations, but I would have a lot more fun with ten good racing circuits than one epic bike/road car circuit.

Fortunately, I don't believe it would be possible with the engine anyway, although maybe a dev could clarify that (the possibility, not the probability).

At some point, when I'm really bored, I'm going to work out the 'votes per kilometre' score; I suspect Knockhill is winning (I'm not counting the ridiculous Top Gear aerodrome either).

LordDRIFT
18-06-2015, 18:51
Pcars is a car racing game and isle of man is not race track for cars. Is only for bikes . What is the point to have such track.
It will be the most bad choice that I ever saw.

Time attack (I chose pike peaks though - for time attack as well. assuming the hill climb)

Phishfinger
18-06-2015, 19:04
I'd argue it can be a bad idea, as the resources it would take to create something unsuitable for most of the cars in the game (and branching further away from being a racing simulation) could otherwise be used for so much better purposes.

The Mountain Course is 60km, give it take.

Adelaide is 3.2km
Albert Park is 5.3km
Assen is 4.5km
Barber is 3.8km
Castle Combe is 3.0km
COTA is 5.5km
Croft is 3.4km
Detroit is 3.7km
Estoril is 4.2km
Fuji is 4.5km
Hungaroring is 4.4km
Interlagos is 4.3km
Istanbul is 5.3km
Kyalami is 4.3km

In total, these would make 59.4km, or the equivalent of the Isle of Man course. Would everyone who voted IoM prefer that course to, for example, all of these? I know it isn't that simple when it comes to developing locations, but I would have a lot more fun with ten good racing circuits than one epic bike/road car circuit.

Fortunately, I don't believe it would be possible with the engine anyway, although maybe a dev could clarify that (the possibility, not the probability).

At some point, when I'm really bored, I'm going to work out the 'votes per kilometre' score; I suspect Knockhill is winning (I'm not counting the ridiculous Top Gear aerodrome either).

I would rather have one epic track but that's just me and the other 86 voters, as you say though, it probably won't even be possible.

I don't know why people are saying the track is unsuitable for cars though? Or that it goes against the idea of simulation? It's a road at the end of the day so If the cars and physics are simulated close to real life then driving aound the TT will be a joy to behold, if anything it would push the idea of 'simulation' to its limits.

dodge33cymru
18-06-2015, 19:08
An F1 car would struggle to get around Le Mans or Sebring in real life, let alone the TT course.

It was a genuine, not rhetorical or aggressive, question for the 80+ voters; would you rather see that course or 10 others of your choice (seeing as the poll forces the choosing of one, like they'd all use the same resource).

chev
18-06-2015, 19:24
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't several of these tracks already in development?

I voted for Daytona, solely to get some oval track representation in.

Phishfinger
18-06-2015, 19:25
An F1 car would struggle to get around Le Mans or Sebring in real life, let alone the TT course.

It was a genuine, not rhetorical or aggressive, question for the 80+ voters; would you rather see that course or 10 others of your choice (seeing as the poll forces the choosing of one, like they'd all use the same resource).

I did give you a genuine (non aggresive) answer. The F1 car goes around Le Mans and Nordschleife without any trouble so I doubt it would be a problem apart from the couple of spots where it will take off if you go too fast. It would take a lot of skill to set a fast time but that's what would make it so much fun. They could maybe even release a rally car pack, the Subaru in the vid on the last page ate up the track!

Pistol 73
18-06-2015, 19:31
LOL....so a bike track is miles ahead.
an interesting situation.
question...
how does a very long track detract from simulation?

I would see it as the ultimate test.bike or car...
Obviously you need bigger nads to do it on a bike but thats besides the point.

I shall watch this with a sly smile on my face..

girlracerTracey
18-06-2015, 19:38

A modern F1 car in real life would probably not mix too easily with the Nordschleife either to be fair..really something of the nature of the driving challenge of the IOM TT course would be better suited to a "hard-top" I would suggest. Maybe GT3 or something near to Touring car type of spec. would go better round there?

Tbh for me personally I would rather have one epic circuit seen only in very few (one or two) other older racing game titles. Maybe that's just me however? I would think though that the logistics of this one are fairly obvious to all concerned and probably were to ppl before they voted? 37 3/4 miles versus 2.5 miles (or similar for a short circuit) rather speaks for itself really. One of course could be addressing that same point in a similar conversation if the Nordschleife was not already in the game. It's the same argument really in terms of logistics but the IOM TT to be fair is quite a bit longer than the Nordschleife. It's length and its variety of character is I think part of its appeal to those who voted for the IOM TT track. The counter argument is I suppose one classic track is worth 5 or 10 modern short circuits..if that is you are that way inclined. Granted, however, the IOM TT track is not a car racing venue. There's no denying that fact.

Look to be fair I can understand quite well why the car racing purists amongst us are not too keen on the idea. One could have the same argument about Dundrod also although once upon a time, a few decades or so ago, cars did race competitively there.

Question really is for me whether the IOM TT track would prove to be popular enough to merit its inclusion?

Everyone, inevitably, will have their own opinion on this one I think.

grT :)

dodge33cymru
18-06-2015, 19:45
I respect that, cheers for the replies :)

odytsak
18-06-2015, 19:45
I'd like to see Isle of Man TT on Project CARS before Gran Turismo 7.

Rumor: Isle of Man TT Course Considered for Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0#t=28

k.merse
18-06-2015, 19:49
No TI Aida? I love that track... :)

girlracerTracey
18-06-2015, 19:56
I respect that, cheers for the replies :)

I respect your position on this also. I can also fully appreciate your "concerns" with this one also as I can with those other similarly voiced concerns.

Tbh I was surprised that the IOM TT came out "tops" so convincingly on a car racing forum. I imagine you were also..!

grT :friendly_wink:

AfterAll14
18-06-2015, 20:18
Isle of Man TT, lap record - 17 minutes.... :D
Must be loooong circuit, lots of work for SMS :D

skells22
18-06-2015, 21:24
if i had to pick a few instead on one i go for the British tracks Castle Combe, Thuxton, Knockhill, Rockingham UK and Croft but have no issues with Daytona or Bristol USA

NBRacing16
18-06-2015, 23:32
There needs to be proper ovals like Charlotte motor Speedway or Daytona or Talladega or even Indianapolis for the stock cars to race on

BOBR6 84
18-06-2015, 23:36
WoOt!! TT circuit FTW

How much more proof do developers need that people want an isle of man TT sim!!

Even car racing fans want it lol :)
But, lets be honest.. Has to be bikes. #project BIKES.

BOBR6 84
18-06-2015, 23:36
WoOt!! TT circuit FTW

How much more proof do developers need that people want an isle of man TT sim!!

Even car racing fans want it lol :)
But, lets be honest.. Has to be bikes. #project BIKES.

ToOSk3tChY
18-06-2015, 23:37
I suggested tracks that aren't in this list. Eastern creek-Sydney Motorsport park.

Anke
18-06-2015, 23:59
Had to vote for one of my favourite tracks at Adelaide but must admit the Isle of Man would be pretty amazing to drive.

apreston48
19-06-2015, 00:02
There needs to be proper ovals like Charlotte motor Speedway or Daytona or Talladega or even Indianapolis for the stock cars to race on

I'm still hoping for "Henrico" as was rumored, which is Richmond International Raceway. That's my home track and love it!

Innerspace_HQ
19-06-2015, 01:44
Gotta be Istanbul Park. That triple apex turn 8 feels sublime when you hit it just so, however Hungaroring and Interlagos are both hot on it's heels. One vote is a tough limit...

BSG
19-06-2015, 01:58
Why so many votes for Isle of Man TT?? This a car racing sim, not a motorcycle sim....Isle of Man is a crap race track for vehicles. It's only famous for it's incredible danger element when racing around it at warp speed on a motor cycle.

Mark Quigley
19-06-2015, 02:21
Would anyone here go to a Manx track day, roads closed just for you and 30 of your mates?
Nuff said :D

Drift G1
19-06-2015, 03:25
I'm sorry, but I think a lot of fans, not trying to sound bias, would like to see Tsukuba, it is one of the best time attack tracks in the world,or Fuji. The game desperately lacks Japanese tracks (only 1). If you guys decide to put Japanese cars in the future (hoping lol :rolleyes: ) then it would fit perfectly with the games theme, the ultimate driver journey , it is called project cars for a reason, not project Europe. ;)

Pistol 73
19-06-2015, 08:41
So to some isle of man is "crap" and others want ovals..

Arcade mode too i presume??

Pogi
19-06-2015, 08:53
Unfortunately this game is suffers from the lack of Japanese cars and tracks, although the racing culture is quite strong in Japan.
I hope it will change soon :)
+1 for Tsukuba

Trouty65
19-06-2015, 09:01
Isle Of man TT @ 37.73 miles (60.72 km) long, laser scanned, would be just insane ;)

It's about time this historical circuit was brought into the modern age. i belive this could be done with Cars and Or Bikes, to drive or RIDE, this magical circuit would be amazing.

imagine trying to emulate John Mcguinness's 17 minutes, 3.567 seconds 132.701 mph or 213.562 km/h LAP !!! (2015)

This event has become so poular over the last ten years, Project bikes with a laser scanned track, Imho, just could't fail ! it would be EPIC as a game !!! Preferably bikes, but, Cars/Bikes, build it and they will come :-)

mister dog
19-06-2015, 09:54
Can't believe the Isle of man TT is winning the poll.., it doesn't make no sense at all for a car game.
The track is purpose made for bikes, too narrow for cars to have a proper race on, and it's 60km's long so it would be a huge waste of time and resources for SMS to model. Besides we already have 2 point to point roads in the game which don't really suit it as the emphasis is on circuit racing.

Stop wasting your vote people.

N0body Of The Goat
19-06-2015, 10:09
My vote went to Thruxton, because it is of a size and layout that can be practically used by many different car series we have.

But others I would like to see (in no particular order) include Interlagos; Castle Coombe; Fundidora Park; COTA; Portimao.

Neil Bateman
19-06-2015, 10:29
I do like macau, first time i raced on it was on race07/gtr evolution.

Had no idea what i was doing all those years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lx5aUE2t-Y

mkstatto
19-06-2015, 11:31
Can't believe the Isle of man TT is winning the poll.., it doesn't make no sense at all for a car game.
The track is purpose made for bikes, too narrow for cars to have a proper race on, and it's 60km's long so it would be a huge waste of time and resources for SMS to model. Besides we already have 2 point to point roads in the game which don't really suit it as the emphasis is on circuit racing.

Totally agree, I addtionally dont get why in a new track poll people are allowed to vote for the ring 24hrs. Considering that both individual configurations are already in the game, surely this is a vote for 'Most wanted track configuration' not new track. It should be for completly new tracks only.

Mark Quigley
19-06-2015, 12:02

It is not purpose built for bikes, it's the streets of the Isle of Man.
It's 4 lanes wide at parts.
They like a bit of rallying on the Isle of Man, laser scan the whole island and you would have a wonderful motorsports playground.
It is the single most epic place to have a motorsports event in the entire world but some may disagree.
A waste of time? Maybe, maybe not, I think you would have folks bashing your door down if you were to have a point cloud of the Snaefell mountain course, "take my money" would be the crys :D

My humble opinion.
It's a very special place with a very special atmosphere and I think sms and the madness engine would do this justice.

Beltoon
19-06-2015, 12:10
Zandvoort of course. It's just around the corner and I would love to see it in the game!

Joeri Blootacker
19-06-2015, 12:49
so hard to choose, but i went for something which hasn't been done yet in many Sim's... Isle of Mans TT.. :)

FMS
19-06-2015, 13:11
It simply has to be IOM TT. Developers, do you not feel the tremendous longing throughout the world? Oh, what paroxysms of happiness there would be! What cheer! :)

Remy1986
19-06-2015, 14:09
Sebring got my vote. Were I allowed to cast multiple, COTA, Mosport, Fuji, VIR, Mid Ohio and Lime Rock Park would have also got one.

Remy1986
19-06-2015, 14:10
And Interlagos.

Remy1986
19-06-2015, 14:13
And Tsukuba.

Remy1986
19-06-2015, 14:13
And...fuck it. All of them.

DragonSyr
19-06-2015, 14:59
still do not understand how suddenly sprang a route exclusively for bike FESTIVAL (racing has been developed by the Isle of Man Department of Tourism as the Isle of Man TT Festival) in this game.
also i do not understand what has nice this route have.The scenery????
there are hundreds of islands with roads and scenery better than this for laser scanning.1000 times better and "and you would have a wonderful motorsports playground" as well.
(also i think that all of the voters for this track ,they would like more to laser scan the area where they live to run without speed limits because only for this the isle of man is prefered. "no speed limit")
this festival is based on "death industry" no racing spirit . Its all about money!!!
Most spectators who go there do not give a shit for who would win ..... but who will die in front of their eyes.
This had been selling ....Make no mistake between us.
here in this game blood and deadly accidents is not allowed, spectators they do not exist , so what is the purpose of this track?

60 km wasted and about a year of development just for Time Trial while we could have 6+ tracks for MULTIPLAYER ????
(and i suppose this is the purpose of this game)
ofcourse this in my opinion and i cant do anything about the decision to be taken from SMS, but I suggest to get real a little

thanks and sorry if this hurt some....again, it is my opinion.
ps . also sorry for my english

galaxyjack
19-06-2015, 15:07
-Isle of man TT
-Zandvoort
-Interlagos
-Sepang
-Albert Park
-Mugello
-Yas Marina

Pistol 73
19-06-2015, 15:48
still do not understand how suddenly sprang a route exclusively for bike FESTIVAL (racing has been developed by the Isle of Man Department of Tourism as the Isle of Man TT Festival) in this game.
also i do not understand what has nice this route have.The scenery????
there are hundreds of islands with roads and scenery better than this for laser scanning.1000 times better and "and you would have a wonderful motorsports playground" as well.
(also i think that all of the voters for this track ,they would like more to laser scan the area where they live to run without speed limits because only for this the isle of man is prefered. "no speed limit")
this festival is based on "death industry" no racing spirit . Its all about money!!!
Most spectators who go there do not give a shit for who would win ..... but who will die in front of their eyes.
This had been selling ....Make no mistake between us.
here in this game blood and deadly accidents is not allowed, spectators they do not exist , so what is the purpose of this track?

60 km wasted and about a year of development just for Time Trial while we could have 6+ tracks for MULTIPLAYER ????
(and i suppose this is the purpose of this game)
ofcourse this in my opinion and i can do anything about the decision to be taken from SMS, but I suggest to get real a little

thanks and sorry if this hurt some....again, it is my opinion.
ps . also sorry for my english

Well of all the utter bollocks I've read today your the winner...

Congratulations

DragonSyr
19-06-2015, 16:08
Well of all the utter bollocks I've read today your the winner...

Congratulations

very good your versus .... something better to say?

also thank you .
where can i get the prize??????

PeoplesChampion
19-06-2015, 16:20
Isle of Man.. YES! Fuji.. YES! Yas Marina.. YES! Americas.. YES! Pikes Peak.. YES! Please add these tracks and TT's..

Megalomanic87
19-06-2015, 16:28
I voted Croft, my local. There are more on that list I'd like to see too.

Top notch track that, always good to watch on the BTCC.

nosaj109
19-06-2015, 16:34
I voted croft I can because its my local track but id like more british tracks but would be happier with more cars
Isle of man would be good to re create this but 20 min lap with no room for error is going to get stressful

DragonSyr
19-06-2015, 16:36
PIKES PEAK YES !!! any race track YES!!! IOM NO!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

thuro76
19-06-2015, 17:54
ELMS and ALMS tracks please !!!!!

Pistol 73
19-06-2015, 18:37
Pleasure...

Lets go back...
Isle of man...no racing spirit!
People dont care who wins!!
I want to lazer scan where i live!!
100s of tracks with better scenery!!

Yes its your right to dislike this track but please..
dont talk so much shite next time..

ps..your english is fine!

Mark Quigley
19-06-2015, 20:13
Here is Ari Vatanen to tell you you are wrong about the Manx, The Isle of Man, Snaefell mountain course and why we/I need it :D

2min in o.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l19F2YPVey0

Because of the resistance put up in this thread my request is now for the whole island, every road :D

Trouty65
19-06-2015, 20:47
O
Here is Ari Vatanen to tell you you are wrong about the Manx, The Isle of Man, Snaefell mountain course and why we/I need it :D

2min in o.O

Because of the resistance put up in this thread my request is now for the whole island, every road :D

Absolutely ! Lol 2:01 Dear a God !! :-)

I would have been saying that from about five seconds in lol

This is why we need the TT course in a game. The challenge car or bike would be amazing and immense !

The thought of a laser scanned TT course, can you imagine the sort of global audience this could bring. I know racers that race there, and sit for hours watching dvd's.
How many of them would be converted to the game ? Knowing its a laser scanned replica of the circuit ?

Scott Redding and many other riders and drivers, have used games to learn these tracks.

The isle of Mann TT circuit has a draw, like no other, it's growing every year, it's the ultimate challenge of man and machine.

It's win win in my eyes :-)

mkstatto
19-06-2015, 20:49
This is not a rally game nor a bike game. Please tell me when a grid full of cars has raced round the TT and has the space to so.

Trouty65
19-06-2015, 21:09
You wouldn't want the challenge ?

It's not like you haven't got enough circuits to race other people around is it ?

I guess if you are not a motorcyclist, you just wouldn't understand.

Each to their own. Race, race, race ......

xXDoc187Xx
19-06-2015, 21:22
This poll is thrash, way too many tracks to get decent results. If The isle of Mann TT circuit makes into this game before any other track....…......... :mad:

Mark Quigley
19-06-2015, 21:32
This is not a rally game nor a bike game. Please tell me when a grid full of cars has raced round the TT and has the space to so.

Would you race a modern car round say historic Spa?
There goes our chances of Mille Miglia too, when was the last time anyone raced round that place?
Pikes Peak, no grid full of cars there.

Rothkowoofed
19-06-2015, 21:53
Fuji and Tsukuba

PeoplesChampion
20-06-2015, 00:46

IT is a TT!

PeoplesChampion
20-06-2015, 00:51

2min in o.O

PURE driving SKILL, here, folks!!! Got damn!

J00N10R
20-06-2015, 01:01
I know it's not on the list, but Toronto to go along with the Indy dlc when it comes out.

Neil Hopwood
20-06-2015, 01:43
IoM TT came up a few times during development, and IIRC it too big for the engine to handle accurately. Pretty sure it starts hitting the floating point rounding errors start causing big problems.

So, unless something has changed, without some changes to the base engine code its not happening.

I think IoM TT would be fun, but there are so many other tracks that would be a better choice, it's not worth it even if it was possible.

Alan Dallas
20-06-2015, 02:59
Was a toss up between Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta for me since we can only vote on one here.
Voted Mid-Ohio.

BTW, why is Indy and Daytona in that list?

Alan Dallas
20-06-2015, 03:06

2min in o.O

Here's the thing. If it's not usable in the other game modes then I can say with certainty you will not see it in pCARS 1. No matter how much you bleat like a sheared sheep. IM TT will not happen.

NaRP
20-06-2015, 07:29
Want to see "Circuit Motorland Aragon" with World Series Renault
http://d2uv4t0ox1pknx.cloudfront.net/fr/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/04/16979663729_3b133d63aa_k.jpg
And "London Raceway"
http://d3nqbzdvtsuedn.cloudfront.net/media/579255/london_original_map_extended-01.jpg
And Buenos Aires
http://d3nqbzdvtsuedn.cloudfront.net/526865/buenos_aires_1010x365px.jpg

And
Brooklands - Indianapolis - Spa - Monza - Le Mans - Montlhéry - Nürburgring - Monaco - Hockenheim - Zandvoort - Interlagos - Silverstone - Goodwood - Buenos Aires - Imola - Watkins Glen - Daytona - Magny-Cours - Suzuka - Kyalami - Spielberg - Le Castellet - Montréal - Hungaroring - Barcelone

girlracerTracey
20-06-2015, 08:36
Just an observation on this one but the majority of "bleating" seems to be from those who do not like the findings of the poll result.. (a lighthearted comment not to be taken too seriously)

Having said that I do understand where such voiced concerns are coming from. This is a car racing game. I can also feel the undiluted passion for the IOM TT Mountain course on the other side of the farmer's fence..

Indeed no one here can fail but to notice the high level of interest in the Isle Of Man TT Mountain course shown by people frequenting an official Project CARS racing forum..

In that way this poll is showing up quite an interesting result. Whichever way you cut it.

In saying all that rest assured that I respect all people's opinions on this clearly controversial matter. I have no axe to grind with anyone and nor do I wish to grind it. I just love all forms of Motorsport. Including the IOM Tourist Trophy races which is something I hold quite dear in my life and feel a passion for.

So peace and love to you all. :friendly_wink:

One question I do have however is can anybody clarify to me the present limitations of the "Madness" game engine when it comes to the long tracks? I have come across similar restrictions on other racing simulations (notably gpbikes) but the general thinking seems to be that such restrictions can be lifted if there is a will & a need to do so. Nevertheless I'm just curious for the future.

Love & peace to all.

grT

P.S. don't mention the TT! :boxing:

girlracerTracey
20-06-2015, 08:56
Want to see "Circuit Motorland Aragon" with World Series Renault
http://d2uv4t0ox1pknx.cloudfront.net/fr/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/04/16979663729_3b133d63aa_k.jpg
And "London Raceway"
http://d3nqbzdvtsuedn.cloudfront.net/media/579255/london_original_map_extended-01.jpg
And Buenos Aires
http://d3nqbzdvtsuedn.cloudfront.net/526865/buenos_aires_1010x365px.jpg

And
Brooklands - Indianapolis - Spa - Monza - Le Mans - Montlhéry - Nürburgring - Monaco - Hockenheim - Zandvoort - Interlagos - Silverstone - Goodwood - Buenos Aires - Imola - Watkins Glen - Daytona - Magny-Cours - Suzuka - Kyalami - Spielberg - Le Castellet - Montréal - Hungaroring - Barcelone

I race on Motorland Aragon all the time on motogp. I quite like the circuit and its lay-out but I struggle to get a competitive lap time out of it personally. It's actually a highly technical track. Which in my book is a good thing I have to say.

The long sweeping left hander as you come off the "heights" is one of the most difficult to get right bends on any race track for me.

grT

Neil Hopwood
20-06-2015, 08:56
Just an observation on this one but the majority of "bleating" seems to be from those who do not like the findings of the poll result.. (a lighthearted comment not to be taken too seriously)

Having said that I do understand where such voiced concerns are coming from. This is a car racing game. I can also feel the undiluted passion for the IOM TT Mountain course on the other side of the farmer's fence..

Indeed no one here can fail but to notice the high level of interest in the Isle Of Man TT Mountain course shown by people frequenting an official Project CARS racing forum..

In that way this poll is showing up quite an interesting result. Whichever way you cut it.

In saying all that rest assured that I respect all people's opinions on this clearly controversial matter. I have no axe to grind with anyone and nor do I wish to grind it. I just love all forms of Motorsport. Including the IOM Tourist Trophy races which is something I hold quite dear in my life and feel a passion for.

So peace and love to you all. :friendly_wink:

One question I do have however is can anybody clarify to me the present limitations of the "Madness" game engine when it comes to the long tracks? I have come across similar restrictions on other racing simulations (notably gpbikes) but the general thinking seems to be that such restrictions can be lifted if there is a will & a need to do so. Nevertheless I'm just curious for the future.

Love & peace to all.

grT

P.S. don't mention the TT! :boxing:

Let's see how much of my comp scI class I remember.

The problem comes down to how computers store non integer values (so numbers with decimals). As they get larger you start getting rounding errors which then lead to loss of accuracy.

Wikipedia link on floating point error (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_point#Accuracy_problems)

As I understand it there are ways to overcome this, but they use more memory. I know cloud imperium is currently swapping cry engine over to double precision so they can use much bigger maps, and it is from all accounts a pretty big job.

girlracerTracey
20-06-2015, 09:04
Thanks Neil. I'll have a look at your link. Certainly that all makes sense and that is what we came up against I think on gpbikes..we were also looking at the IOM TT track. Thinking was the game engine could be modified to accept it but certain aspects of the track might have to be compromised slightly to make it fit. Mind you some ppl said the same sort of thing about the Titanic..

grT

mister dog
20-06-2015, 10:38
Exactly, people can't see the forest for the trees. Sure the TT is great and looks nice, but it isn't suited for multiple cars going at it which is the whole point of PCARS. If SMS would spent thousands of hours modeling the thing, we would all like our new toy until we realize it's only good for doing TT's, and most of the mortals can't make it past 10 km's tops without crashing, so the novelty would wear off quite fast i figure.

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 11:02
Here's the thing. If it's not usable in the other game modes then I can say with certainty you will not see it in pCARS 1. No matter how much you bleat like a sheared sheep. IM TT will not happen.

Ok I will stop bleating.
In fact, I will never bring it up again on this forum again.

Edit: balls I am, you give me a choice between say Knockhill and The TT and you would think I am going to chose one of the only race tracks in Scotland over the IoM? heh Bollocks!
I understand fully that the engine will not cope as you are looking at hundreds of sq km but you ask a question and you get an answer.

FMS
20-06-2015, 11:38
You're not nor have you been bleating, Mark - don't worry about that, fella. :)

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 11:51
Imo it's good discussion about what makes a good track or sim track in this instance.

I know it's not going to happen, that does no mean I should not push for it when asked.
If any studio asks what tracks you would like to see, I'm gonna pipe up as it would be silly not, I want to race cars round that circuit and the only way this is possible is via sim racing.

Nobody has done the IoM justice yet and I think SMS are the folks for the job.

We do the impossible and improbable all the time in sim racing, we race on fantasy tracks, point to point on real roads, modern cars on tracks that do not exist any more and yet to request the snaefell mountain course is silly?

girlracerTracey
20-06-2015, 11:57
Blinking Nora! Has anyone noticed that the IOM TT is now up to 117 votes?

Somebody somewhere clearly appreciates the IOM TT Circuit. A few of us actually do by the look of it..

Of course we know what the answer is to this conundrum I suppose don't we? (She said cheekily!)

Don't get me wrong though guys I love Project Cars as it is. There's just something very major missing from the modern racing game genre. It's a big elephant sized sort of thing sitting unused in the corner of the room..which is crazy really in this day & age. The greatest road racing track in the history of the world some would say..

grT :friendly_wink:

FMS
20-06-2015, 12:04
Blinking Nora!

Blummin' 'eck! :)

ssijak
20-06-2015, 12:44
Exactly, people can't see the forest for the trees. Sure the TT is great and looks nice, but it isn't suited for multiple cars going at it which is the whole point of PCARS. If SMS would spent thousands of hours modeling the thing, we would all like our new toy until we realize it's only good for doing TT's, and most of the mortals can't make it past 10 km's tops without crashing, so the novelty would wear off quite fast i figure.

Well if they include it I am shure I will be stubborn to get a good lap time around it even if it takes me tens of hours to do so!
But, I hope they first include some other tracks before this.

girlracerTracey
20-06-2015, 13:05
Well if they include it I am shure I will be stubborn to get a good lap time around it even if it takes me tens of hours to do so!

Well I race on a "highlights" version of the IOM TT course all the time. On the venerable and old gp500 m/c racing game and on the classic gpl car racing game. I've even test ridden the track on gpbikes which is a seriously challenging simulation in any one's book..and I was doing complete laps without crashing. I rarely crash on the circuit on gp500 or gpl either tbh. And I'm lapping pretty dam quickly on gp500. You just have to learn the circuit. That's the real challenge with this one. Knowing where you're going and what precisely is coming your way next. Bend or jump? Or both? No margin for error. At 190 miles an hour..in the blurring effect of high speed under the trees..That's the challenge.

When I click with the circuit I sort of enter "sub-space" and it flows quite nicely.

grT

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 14:26
Ok I will stop bleating.
In fact, I will never bring it up again on this forum again.

Edit: balls I am, you give me a choice between say Knockhill and The TT and you would think I am going to chose one of the only race tracks in Scotland over the IoM? heh Bollocks!
I understand fully that the engine will not cope as you are looking at hundreds of sq km but you ask a question and you get an answer.

Don't take any notice of that guy's insult, the poll results speak for themselves. Even if it's not possible to add the TT to PCars, clearly there are many who would be in favour of it being put into a game at some point down the line. We can only hope that a developer will be inspired to at least figure out how it could be done. You would have to be slightly mad to take this on though :beguiled:

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:26
Guys, really and seriously. Do you want to see the Isle of Man full course implemented in a (four wheeled) racing game when it's not that sort of track?

The reason I ask is twofold. Or threefold...

It's a really ace and iconic track and I think that might be skewing the voting a little.
It's going to take a hell of a long time and cost a lot of money. As a single DLC to be anyway cost effective, it would probably need to be about 14.95 dollars on its own. 9.95 at a hell of a stretch.
And finally, we could do 4 or 5 other tracks really well at the same price.

EDIT.

I'll say this, if the above gets a yes from most we'll make it.

mister dog
20-06-2015, 15:30
No.

qwbufp
20-06-2015, 15:31
I'm sure everyone would rather have 4-5 high quality tracks instead of the Isle of Mans circuit

Invincible
20-06-2015, 15:37
Nope, I would choose IoM TT over other tracks. Especially I would prefer IoM TT over even 10 oval tracks.

graveltrap
20-06-2015, 15:40
Nope, it's not a track (Isle of Man) I associate with cars in anyway shape or form!

blowfishrulez
20-06-2015, 15:41
I vote no on Isle of Man TT. There are really delicious tracks on the list and any of them is more suited to our kind of game than Isle of Man.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 15:43
I'd pay more for the iom TT dlc. I voted in the pole before reading any of this thread, or seeing the standings of the vote.
I read the list and thought about it and if we have the ring why not the TT. Its a massive desision to undertake the task of putting it in this game, any track is, just look at fms5!!
I hope some stages of the TT can be included as well, if it goes ahead at all in any future releases.

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 15:44
To answer the simple question do you want to see IoM in a game? yes.

Do I think it is possible just now technically? I very much doubt it.

Do I think it would be the best use of resources for Project CARS right now? no.

It's perhaps no such a simple question after all.

You can throw every reason why not at me and I would still want to see it in a sim.

Just planting seeds in the hope that some time there will be a harvest :D

cornishbrooksy
20-06-2015, 15:44
No on Isle of Man TT....it just doesn't work on this type of game....and i think the rate of return probably wouldn't be profitable.

If we had bikes it maybe a possibility, but it would be a track with little to no overtaking opportunity. Give us 5 or 6 different tracks.

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 15:46
Can we have a secound vote then:rolleyes:
Or a second vote on the short list?
And let's have some dead lines please Mr Bell.

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 15:47
I hope some stages of the TT can be included as well, if it goes ahead at all in any future releases.

This is a good idea to test the water, point to point mountain section, not many buildings just a few cottages.

Here is a section done in an open wheeled number in the wet passing Ramsey hairpin/ water works section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlxuzLGqT7U

antraxx25
20-06-2015, 15:48
If i could choose 3 tracks,
1st: Hungaroring because I'm hungarian and yeah it's a good track
2nd: Nürburgring 24h because i want to race on full Nürburgring +Nordschleife not separated
3rd: Redbull Ring /A1 ring because i love this austrian track, its simple but nice track line

FMS
20-06-2015, 16:06
Even if, here on this forum, there were more nays than yeas, I don't think that'd be accurate enough feedback to base a decision on. My feeling is that if news got out that SMS were modelling the TT circuit, so many, many people would suddenly become very interested indeed - perhaps many of the naysayers, too. Hehe.

Also, people seem concerned about racing on the circuit in cars: for me, even if it were just time trials, that'd be great. Imagine how many gamers would like the challenge of seeing how fast they could do the circuit, competition amongst friends, etc. Perhaps a negative could be turned into a positive: TT for Cars! I dunno, I'm no expert in any of this. :)

Chris12345
20-06-2015, 16:07
No, I'd rather the other 4/5 tracks.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 16:08
To answer the simple question do you want to see IoM in a game? yes.

Do I think it is possible just now technically? I very much doubt it.

Do I think it would be the best use of resources for Project CARS right now? no.

It's perhaps no such a simple question after all.

You can throw every reason why not at me and I would still want to see it in a sim.

Just planting seeds in the hope that some time there will be a harvest :D

Good reasoning.

Just one point, we can do it technically, the new consoles have lots of RAM and the circuit allows a lot of reuse of assets.

cornishbrooksy
20-06-2015, 16:09
Good reasoning.

Just one point, we can do it technically, the new consoles have lots of RAM and the circuit allows a lot of reuse of assets.

So um.....VLN 24Hr Nurburgring maybe?

motu
20-06-2015, 16:11
no because its a Bike track. where you can´t overtack with cars

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 16:17
So um.....VLN 24Hr Nurburgring maybe?

Maybe for sure :)

Markeeez
20-06-2015, 16:22
NO to IOM... good track for BIKES, not cars.. Just don't think this track is relevant to this game, much prefer other tracks in that list.

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 16:45
So it's possible but a lot of work.
I would be concerned that if it were to appear in Project cars and it's a flop it may never see the light of day in a sim again.
If you were to laser scan the track surface, build it, stick it PC and it's a flop or not financially successful then you still have the track surface data that would be worth something to the industry?

I'm thinking now, if SMS go down the off road route for their next project then you could introduce parts of the track via the Manx rally and hillclimb.

Please nobody do it badly as that would put people off for another generation :D

ps. the nordschleife is narrower than the majority of the TT and if you can pass on the nordschleife you can pass on the TT, no need for a tape measure as it's blatantly obvious when you visit the two places.

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 16:58
Yes to the TT question and I'd be happy to pay £15+ for the privilige or racing it. I also know a few bikers who would go straight out and buy the game if it was added, that's just two, I bet there would be many more. I can see the other side of it too but its such an iconic track that it deserves to be in a game and we all know there's a severe lack of decent bike games and certainly not many bike game developers who could do it justice.

Even if it's not put in PCars though, It would be an intersting idea on its own and maybe even to be released in a similar way to how Forza released that Fast and Furious "mini game". Then you could possibly even add a small selection of bikes and sidecars. Personaly I only really want to drive cars on it, any other vehicles would be a bonus. I'd be in dreamland just being able to take the formula rookie around it. It would be a realistic simulation of the ultimate driver fantasy.

edit- Also, how many of the people saying no to the TT would be buying it anyway? ;)

Dorny
20-06-2015, 17:03
IOM would be awesome for a p2p track to add to azure circuit and California highway and have it as a solo challenge against the clock. But to race on a big no no.

So yes I want to see the isle man TT as a very challenging against the clock track but if its going to cost that much for the DLC and take so much time and resources to do then NO, rather see more race tracks.

Or better yet just some more p2p tracks as the 2 we have are nice but could easily have more

ssijak
20-06-2015, 17:05
So it's possible but a lot of work.
I would be concerned that if it were to appear in Project cars and it's a flop it may never see the light of day in a sim again.
If you were to laser scan the track surface, build it, stick it PC and it's a flop or not financially successful then you still have the track surface data that would be worth something to the industry?

I'm thinking now, if SMS go down the off road route for their next project then you could introduce parts of the track via the Manx rally and hillclimb.

Please nobody do it badly as that would put people off for another generation :D

ps. the nordschleife is narrower than the majority of the TT and if you can pass on the nordschleife you can pass on the TT, no need for a tape measure as it's blatantly obvious when you visit the two places.

Dude, nordschleife have 8-9 meters average width, I doubt that that narrow streets with houses on both sides have that width ;)
btw http://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/ :)

Dorny
20-06-2015, 17:09
Well if GT7 is going to have it then we do :D

Schadows
20-06-2015, 17:10
No for Isle of Man.

The "track" doesn't fit pcars in any way. Maybe pcars 2 if it turns out to include Rally physics in the end, but even then, it would mean to spend lot of resources on what could be more tracks.

The Nurburgring 24h layout would be an obvious and kind of easy choice (endurance championship!) as we already have the GP and Nordschleife layouts, but I don't know if such an extensive surface is technically possible with the current engine.

But my choice of the heart is without any doubt : Macau. That's basically Monaco but longer, with more speed and more opportunities to pass. A "must-drive" track in any professional driver career.

But there are so many great tracks.
I love urban-like tracks like Long Beach
I love the challenging layout of the Portomaio track
I (think I) love the Kyalami track ... at least when I remember whatching the F1 championship on TV with the family when I was a kid.
I love Tsukuba for it's short and action-packed races (Best Motoring style).

Damn it, I'm drolling ...

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 17:12
IOM would be awesome for a p2p track to add to azure circuit and California highway and have it as a solo challenge against the clock. But to race on a big no no.

So yes I want to see the isle man TT as a very challenging against the clock track but if its going to cost that much for the DLC and take so much time and resources to do then NO, rather see more race tracks.

Or better yet just some more p2p tracks as the 2 we have are nice but could easily have more

In an ideal world we could have the TT as well as a selection of other tracks, SMS will first have to program more hours into a day first though :(

mcscott
20-06-2015, 17:12
Isle of Mann TT would be interesting, but I agree with Ian that it's not the right kind of track for the game and I would much prefer to see 4 or 5 tracks for the same money.

My ideal list of 5 I'd rather see would be Knockhill, Daytona, Nurburgring 24H, Fuji and Sebring.

Racert246
20-06-2015, 17:18
I voted for the TT,

Would I like it in, Yes (but I can see it would not be in the best interest for Pcars at this moment)
Would I pay 15 euro. Yes (This is track is something that has never been done in any game. It has a undeniable racing history that speaks to many racing fans)
Would I like to see 4/5 more tracks before the TT, Yes(And there are some close behind the TT track that deserve to added first)

If possible I would like to see it coming to Pcars at some point the future and seeing the track has been leading this poll from the start, it seems there are many more that do too.

chig88
20-06-2015, 17:24
Not bothered about the IoM TT. If it's going to cost that much I'd definitely prefer resources to be directed elsewhere.

There are so many great tracks that could be added to the game that adding one track at the expense of 4/5 others just doesn't seem to make sense.

fallfromgrace
20-06-2015, 17:24
I'd rather have a couple of tracks that fit the classes we have, instead of IOM. Paul Ricard, Red Bull Ring etc fot the GTs as well as some FA/LMP1 style tracks like Shanghai/CoTA. Track list atm is brilliantly mixed.

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 17:25
Dude, nordschleife have 8-9 meters average width, I doubt that that narrow streets with houses on both sides have that width ;)
btw http://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/ :)

You can get two transit vans side by side in one lane, I know this first hand.
How wide is a 90s transit?

Here's a single picture that should hint at these not being squirrely little backroads.

ssijak
20-06-2015, 17:31
You can get two transit vans side by side in one lane, I know this first hand.
How wide is a 90s transit?

Here's a single picture that should hint at these not being squirrely little backroads.

It is still not 9 meters and there is wall RIGHT BESIDE the track, not so on nurburg.

KamyKaze1098
20-06-2015, 17:34
Guys, really and seriously. Do you want to see the Isle of Man full course implemented in a (four wheeled) racing game when it's not that sort of track?

It's a really ace and iconic track and I think that might be skewing the voting a little.
It's going to take a hell of a long time and cost a lot of money. As a single DLC to be anyway cost effective, it would probably need to be about 14.95 dollars on its own. 9.95 at a hell of a stretch.

EDIT.

NO.

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 17:38
It is still not 9 meters and there is wall RIGHT BESIDE the track, not so on nurburg.

There are loads of places to overtake, we'd just have to pick the right moment.

KamyKaze1098
20-06-2015, 17:40
Just so we are clear.

The bike race isn't really a race right?? It's like a cycling time trial, where they have staggered starts. Rgiht??

chig88
20-06-2015, 17:41
I'd rather have a couple of tracks that fit the classes we have, instead of IOM. Paul Ricard, Red Bull Ring etc fot the GTs as well as some FA/LMP1 style tracks like Shanghai/CoTA. Track list atm is brilliantly mixed.

CoTA would be an amazing addition. It's perfect for open wheelers and endurance races, and adding the karting track would pretty much cover all bases.

Plus it would be extra appeal to the American market considering SMS is planning a promotional push in the U.S.

RomKnight
20-06-2015, 18:10
I'm a bike guy at heart (sorry guys... I am).

I don't want IoM in the game. rather 4/5 other tracks.

This track is a waste of time in a racing game as is goodwood (which is not even a track).

I would remove both this options from the poll

/edit

forgot the stupid Top Gear track.

ssijak
20-06-2015, 18:41
Btw, can we get a Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 before any track :) I think we can have a consensus about that.

Alan Dallas
20-06-2015, 18:50

EDIT.

I dunno about anyone else, but I bought into a circuit racer. Not Project Time Trial. So no, I rather SMS not spend time and money on IOM TT for pCARS. Lets get more Pan American tracks first shall we?
Maybe pCARS 2 could host IOM TT?

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 18:53
Even if you remove the option for TT it's pretty clear that many people would like to see it in the game. Hypothetically speaking though, if I had to pick five they would be

Circuit of the Americas
Phillip Island
Interlagos
Albert Park
Macau

MULTIVITZ
20-06-2015, 18:58
And knock hill:rolleyes:
Its only a little one?

Maxsabl
20-06-2015, 19:01
Pau the last gp city in France

graveltrap
20-06-2015, 19:06
[snip]as is goodwood (which is not even a track).

I think you will find that Goodwood is a racing circuit, and an active one at that! Check out the revival or members meeting

Mark Quigley
20-06-2015, 19:21
And knock hill:rolleyes:
Its only a little one?

I bet this would be less work than just the pits and grandstand of the IoM :D

AngelBrow
20-06-2015, 19:55
Isle of man TT leading the polls?
Thought real race tracks would do better?
Watching the F1 qually at Red Bull Ring, i remember ADAC GT masters and DTM there. That would be a great track. For mainly using this game to race in gt3, the nordschleife 24h track would be a great addition. Sebring and Zandvoort are other good tracks.

But imagine... isle of man tt, they struggle overtaking on that course with bikes. I mean its cool, but there are other tracks that should be added before that. But I mean, if the Forum votes for it... go for it. Im paying for all DLCs.

ssijak
20-06-2015, 20:00
Why is only the Nürburgring 24h in italic in the poll? Is it some subconscious trick? :D

RomKnight
20-06-2015, 20:13
I think you will find that Goodwood is a racing circuit, and an active one at that! Check out the revival or members meeting

I was thinking on the uphill part at the festival only. But yeah, i didn't know that :shame_on_me:

Phishfinger
20-06-2015, 20:36
Why is only the Nürburgring 24h in italic in the poll? Is it some subconscious trick? :D

Because you voted for it? TT is italic for me :p

ssijak
20-06-2015, 20:40
Lol, I`ll go to sleep now, enough of checking that nurburgring 24h vote size. :hopelessness:

Enton
20-06-2015, 22:01

EDIT.

Just start a WMD or Kickstarter project this iconic track to further DLC and we'll see what will happen?

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
20-06-2015, 22:59
Definitely... Nürburgring(Nordschleife)24h and of course we need Mugello, one of the most beautiful tracks for me!!

lrapsody
20-06-2015, 23:09
No. Better off using the money on several other tracks instead.

Also, where's the choice for Tockwith? ;)

KiNGZWANGSJACKE
20-06-2015, 23:11
Isle of man TT leading the polls?
Thought real race tracks would do better?
Watching the F1 qually at Red Bull Ring, i remember ADAC GT masters and DTM there. That would be a great track. For mainly using this game to race in gt3, the nordschleife 24h track would be a great addition. Sebring and Zandvoort are other good tracks.

But imagine... isle of man tt, they struggle overtaking on that course with bikes. I mean its cool, but there are other tracks that should be added before that. But I mean, if the Forum votes for it... go for it. Im paying for all DLCs.

Yeah i 100% agree.. they should be adding other tracks before guys.

I love the TT but i wanna see it on a Bike game, i missing this track sooooooo damn much on Ride as an example : (

KartKingCorre
20-06-2015, 23:34
Mods, is it possible to re-vote? I originally voted for Isle of Man, but I chose too quickly.. Mainly because, after some thinking and re-watching some videos, I dont think racing cars there would give as much thrill as with motorcycles. Also, this track is way too much work for the devs, when they could be focussing on the smaller popular race tracks that are not yet in Pcars. :) Interlagos is what I would like to vote for, for real this time.

BOBR6 84
21-06-2015, 02:28
EDIT.

MEGA!!!! :cool:

yopp90
21-06-2015, 04:03
My local track only has 6 votes. I've driven on a bit of detroits bell isle track, its really cool because it takes them a bit of time to set it up and Its open to regular traffic. It was a lot of fun to hit the apex of a turn only to find a street sweeper on the follow through

PrimalVigilante
21-06-2015, 07:58
Montreal would be my pick of the bunch, spent many hours on other 'lowly' games on this track with formual 1 oops i mean formual a and love it, especially in the wet. I'd also like the top gear test track to show forza how it should of been done. And we'd have to have the right cars for it as well :)

KamyKaze1098
21-06-2015, 08:32
Ian, what you can do is sum the values for the 5 next tracks after TT on the results, and if it's bigger you do those 5 instead :P
As we know it's probably the same workload, and way better for racing ;)

Maxsabl
21-06-2015, 09:38
Circuit of Pau in France the last city race in france please !��

JohnSchoonsBeard
21-06-2015, 09:55

Quite. I don't enjoy very long tracks as proper race circuits. I want to drive on circuits that I can actually remember. 7 or 8 miles is about the maximum a decent race circuit should be. For example the Nordschleife is a wonderful bit of road but for me as a race track it isn't so attractive (brilliantly modelled though it is). I have driven it hundreds of times on console and PC games but don't think I'll ever remember all of it. Fields get hugely spread out and in online rooms of 16 (for some of us) racing long circuits can be a lonely experience. Hot lapping I'm fine with. I just don't enjoy racing it.

You could probably model 5 shorter circuits actually designed for the sort of racing cars in Project Cars compared to the Isle of Man TT track. That would probably please more people per mile modelled.

If it was a choice between Isle of Man

Versus
Thruxton
Croft
Rockingham
Knockhill

or

Estoril
Mosport
Portimao
Road Atlanta
Zandvoort

or any combination of the 2-5 mile circuit's in the list I'd pick them every time

FMS
21-06-2015, 10:42
Let us put financial affairs and democracy to one side for a moment; let us remember that we already have a cornucopia of short circuits. Now, I ask, is there the creative desire at SMS for this symphony? For, my friends, a symphony it would surely be!

'N' them's mi final words ont' subject. :)

girlracerTracey
21-06-2015, 10:55
As much as I enjoy "scratching" round the short circuits (which I do all the time in league racing and I am addicted to also) for me it is like "tea on the vicarage lawn" compared to the ultimate challenge of racing competitively on a classic long road circuit.

Short circuits are pretty easy by comparison. But yes of course to ride/drive a short circuit on the limit against very serious competition is of course challenging. To race that same quality of competition on a long road based circuit just takes it to completely different level for me.

Hence my love of the IOM TT, the Nordschleife and Dundrod. Amongst others.

"Green Hell" or Dubai? No contest for this little girl.

But everyone is different..some enjoy supping tea with the vicar I guess. :friendly_wink:

grT