PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec GT3RS v2 - is this a good choice for a G25 owner?

thx1113
15-06-2015, 12:39
Hi,

First, sorry for yet another thread about wheels...

So, I have a G25 that is clearly now no more than junk in terms of its chances of working with the PS4. I can't keep using the controller, so a new wheel is needed. I'm tempted by the GT3RS as it looks like a quality wheel and will work out-of-the-box with the G25 pedals, keeping the price reasonable(ish).

BUT. I've seen and heard so many posts about problems with every wheel under the sun that I'm not clear on whether I can expect (especially post patch 1.4) the thing to work nicely straight away. I don't want to be spending that much money on something that's going to cause problems.

So, other users of the Fanatac GT3 - how is it working? Are there any ongoing issues I should be aware of?

Thank you!
Chaz

Gloomy
15-06-2015, 13:27
I went from a g27 to a gt3. It's been working fine for me, there's an issue when I calibrate the pedals, i can't navigate the menus or calibrate anything else. But restarting the games fixes it. Other than that I've been very happy with it.

Islandlad77
15-06-2015, 15:34
From a hardware point of view, yes it's a lovely piece of kit.
From a project cars point of view it's a nightmare trying to setup so you feel connected with the car. This is purely down to the game but I'm sick and tired of spending hours with menu's and not actually racing.

thx1113
15-06-2015, 15:40
From a hardware point of view, yes it's a lovely piece of kit.
From a project cars point of view it's a nightmare trying to setup so you feel connected with the car. This is purely down to the game but I'm sick and tired of spending hours with menu's and not actually racing.

And that's what I was worried about. Is there an obvious candidate for a PS4 wheel purchase at this point in time? Maybe I should just try and pick up a cheap T80/T100 and wait for things to settle down.

deminion
15-06-2015, 19:01
Hi,

So, I have a G25 that is clearly now no more than junk in terms of its chances of working with the PS4. I can't keep using the controller, so a new wheel is needed. I'm tempted by the GT3RS as it looks like a quality wheel and will work out-of-the-box with the G25 pedals, keeping the price reasonable(ish).

BUT. I've seen and heard so many posts about problems with every wheel under the sun that I'm not clear on whether I can expect (especially post patch 1.4) the thing to work nicely straight away. I don't want to be spending that much money on something that's going to cause problems.

So, other users of the Fanatac GT3 - how is it working? Are there any ongoing issues I should be aware of?

Thank you!
Chaz

How can I identify if the GTR3 RS is the V1 or V2 ?

Diablo944
15-06-2015, 19:21
And that's what I was worried about. Is there an obvious candidate for a PS4 wheel purchase at this point in time? Maybe I should just try and pick up a cheap T80/T100 and wait for things to settle down.

I really wish i hadnt sold my t80 and bought the t300. Dont get me wrong, i love the quality of the t300 and the t80 is a bit cheap and nasty, but from what i can see, wheels all around are having issues. My t300 suffers the centre spring issue and its driven me nuts. I have the force feedback so low now that it is more of a 300 pound t80 than what it should be. Issues with t500s not being detected and lord knows what else.

The game is so very nearly brilliant, but my wheel at least still isnt fully supported how i would like it.fingers crossed on it getting better.

So my advice? Wait, dont jump til things settle down.

VBR
16-06-2015, 13:29
Hi,

Thank you!
Chaz

I wouldn't get a GT3, simply because the hand position on the GT3 wheel is 2 o'clock & 10 o'clock, like a car wheel & not a racing wheel. I just went from a G25 to a GT2 & find that, while I can drive with it, I can't race with it like I could with my G25 wheel. I'm currently looking for a CSR wheel, as the hand position is 3 o'clock & 9 o'clock like the G25. Internally these wheels are very similar I'm told. Also, the buttons on the GT3 & GT2 wheels are right where your thumbs are, & it's very easy to accidentally push them in, it's a very bad design imo.

By the way; my GT2 & G25 pedal combo seems to be working very well after patch 1.4. It wasn't at first, but after resetting the wheel's menu & calibrating the wheel & pedals again it's all fine.