PDA

View Full Version : Possible to "Retire to Pits" during online race?

LPlates
15-06-2015, 12:43
The option to "Retire to Pits" is on the menu during an online race but is padlocked. Is this option intended to function?

If you can't/don't wish to complete a race it seems the only options are 1) Finish the Race; 2) Exit and re-join the lobby.
..or am I missing something?

When racing with friends in a private lobby its perfectly reasonable to wish to retire a race if you are damaged and or unable to compete. Retiring is not the same as quitting and so should not impact your reputation and I'm also not talking about public lobbies where quitting a poor race is frustrating for those doing well.

McKiernan
15-06-2015, 13:26
+ 1 I think it would be a nice feature for online races specially if the function to view the racing from the pits was included. It can be frustrating to see people leaving the session

Rug22
15-06-2015, 14:11
I had 2 friends who had to simply quit an online session last night as they couldn't close the pit box, retiring would have been a better option :(

siemens123
15-06-2015, 15:10
i said this many times and i say it again: we need a possibility to watch the race when in room or after we retired.

mcarver2000
15-06-2015, 15:52
Get off track and blow your engine (neutral and keep the gas floored), you will then be lifted from the track and sent back to the garage.

IrideGravity
16-06-2015, 00:59
The option to "Retire to Pits" is on the menu during an online race but is padlocked. Is this option intended to function?

If you can't/don't wish to complete a race it seems the only options are 1) Finish the Race; 2) Exit and re-join the lobby.
..or am I missing something?

When racing with friends in a private lobby its perfectly reasonable to wish to retire a race if you are damaged and or unable to compete. Retiring is not the same as quitting and so should not impact your reputation and I'm also not talking about public lobbies where quitting a poor race is frustrating for those doing well.

Why should you care if others quit? How does that effect those doing well?
I'll quit any race that I deem to be a waste of time at any given point.
Quitting is lame if you came into the room just to destroy it, but if your making an honest attempt at clean racing only to get caught up in one of the melees that routinely happen, who cares if you decide you have better things to do with your seat and practice time than chasing a group that got away while you were being abused by the back half of the field?

P.S. It's not like I have the incentive of posting the fastest lap for all to see or anything. It won't show up anyway.
It could also be said that driving a damaged car is probably not the smartest for a wheel user. Don't want a weird bug to break it. Won't catch me piloting a broken race car.

LPlates
17-06-2015, 12:39
Why should you care if others quit? How does that effect those doing well?
I'll quit any race that I deem to be a waste of time at any given point.
Quitting is lame if you came into the room just to destroy it, but if your making an honest attempt at clean racing only to get caught up in one of the melees that routinely happen, who cares if you decide you have better things to do with your seat and practice time than chasing a group that got away while you were being abused by the back half of the field?

P.S. It's not like I have the incentive of posting the fastest lap for all to see or anything. It won't show up anyway.
It could also be said that driving a damaged car is probably not the smartest for a wheel user. Don't want a weird bug to break it. Won't catch me piloting a broken race car.
My post is about my experience, if others want to quit then that is up to them and I won't judge. I am looking for a way to retire from a race but stay in the lobby (almost always a private lobby/league race).

At the moment, if you drive into the pits it automatically returns you out onto the track and the retire option is locked as per my OP. So if I wish to retire but follow the race I have to leave the lobby and rejoin which takes some time to reload and I miss a lot of the race/comms etc.

As said above, it would also be good to get access to the pit monitor once retired/DQ'd.

mcarver2000
17-06-2015, 13:00
Hit the assigned pause button when in the pits and I think you then should have the option to Return to Pit Box.

My post is about my experience, if others want to quit then that is up to them and I won't judge. I am looking for a way to retire from a race but stay in the lobby (almost always a private lobby/league race).

At the moment, if you drive into the pits it automatically returns you out onto the track and the retire option is locked as per my OP. So if I wish to retire but follow the race I have to leave the lobby and rejoin which takes some time to reload and I miss a lot of the race/comms etc.

As said above, it would also be good to get access to the pit monitor once retired/DQ'd.