PDA

View Full Version : Post update issues

Nomad06
15-06-2015, 13:10
Ok...so since the update; Pcars has actually gotten worse if thats possible.

First, seeing a lot more problems losing connection, when setting up a multiplayer room

Second, when using AI in mmultiplayer, the cars, whether rolling start or grid, will at times remain at the grid, which when you come around to the start/finish, you're treated to one hellofa surprise.

The e brake which was supposed to be fixed; hasn't.

Viewing a reply of a race with my mate, who was directly behind me in the ORANGE GT3 McLaren, now appears to be on one of the white GT3 RUF!

Also, the visual damage seems to of been "dumbed down" for minor contact through out a race....why? Like it better and more realistic before as when there was contact you could see it...now it has to be significant contact which still doesn't appear to really show to well.

EvoM3
15-06-2015, 13:34
I have different problems.

1. Getting drive through penalties at the start along with the rest of the field for no reason.

2. Race results are wrong. I won a race and it said I came second, the winner finished 3 minutes ahead of me according to the time in game (he was about 6 seconds behind me)

3. It's not counting all victories, sometimes it goes straight back to the lobby, doesnt show race results, I won a 8 lapper at Bathurst with 17 cars online... and it didnt even count it.

4. Dynamic weather doesn't work when you change tyres. Need I saw any more.

Also not so much a bug however.

1. If you are lapping a car, it shouldn't be able to crash into you, it should ghost out if you are lapping it, only because they are normally slower drivers that have no idea you are around them and they cause a crash

2. Penalty system is still stuffed. If someone taps you from behind on the grid before the Green (they jump) and tap you from behind, you get a drive through. This is not fair. if someone jumps, it should just ghost their car and not detect crashes until the Green.

3. Penalty system again. If someone uses your car for brakes and pushes you across a chicane, say at Monza or Donnington, it gives you a track cutting penalty. This is absolute rubbish and very frustrating.

4. Qualifying - still sucks, cars park up in the middle of a chicane or on the line, you cant do anything, they stay there for the entire quali session. Cant post a good time. If it detects a stationary car for more than 3 seconds it should ghost it out or pit them automatically.

5. People coming last always quit. So a field of 20, only about 6 players will finish, because the last player quits, then the next last player quits, and so forth. No one wants to come last. The game should give XP for finishing and give you a DNF if you exit the race. Everyone should finish. That doesn't happen in real motor racing. You dont see the last F1 car pull into the pits and park up because they are coming last.

Pink_650S
15-06-2015, 13:48
Viewing a reply of a race with my mate, who was directly behind me in the ORANGE GT3 McLaren, now appears to be on one of the white GT3 RUF!

l've experienced that too. In a 6 laps race an orange MP4-12C was constantly behind me, in the replay it was a blue MP4-12C.

2. Race results are wrong. I won a race and it said I came second, the winner finished 3 minutes ahead of me according to the time in game (he was about 6 seconds behind me)

This one as well. Its actually very frustrating when the game cant tell the winner when there was a huge gap between 1st and 2nd place :(

Forcedchaos
15-06-2015, 14:45
This is from a thread I made the other day "Call me crazy but..."

Since patch 1.4 it seems the cars are harder to drive like I'm driving on ice. All the sudden I'm having trouble keeping the cars on the track.

Thrustmaster T100 FFB Wheel (works awsome) hooked to a Wheel Stand Pro V2 stand. Also have the Jack Spade FFB tweaker files 1.5 running in my Project Cars folder. I even deleted my save and re set everything up and started all over again fresh, didn't help. BMW Z4 GT3 is the car I drive the most.

DragonSyr
15-06-2015, 15:07
2. Penalty system is still stuffed. If someone taps you from behind on the grid before the Green (they jump) and tap you from behind, you get a drive through. This is not fair. if someone jumps, it should just ghost their car and not detect crashes until the Green.

3. Penalty system again. If someone uses your car for brakes and pushes you across a chicane, say at Monza or Donnington, it gives you a track cutting penalty. This is absolute rubbish and very frustrating.

+1.

mcarver2000
15-06-2015, 15:54
Tires received in pitstops do not have correct tire pressure and either quickly overheat or cool down (most people have them overheat).

Replays pre-1.4 can not be viewed

Nomad06
15-06-2015, 17:53
Yeah...have you checked your settings re controller or wheel? I know all the deadzones ect went back to default. ..but talking to my friends....not everyone has experienced this.

EvoM3
16-06-2015, 09:05
This is from a thread I made the other day "Call me crazy but..."

Since patch 1.4 it seems the cars are harder to drive like I'm driving on ice. All the sudden I'm having trouble keeping the cars on the track.

Thrustmaster T100 FFB Wheel (works awsome) hooked to a Wheel Stand Pro V2 stand. Also have the Jack Spade FFB tweaker files 1.5 running in my Project Cars folder. I even deleted my save and re set everything up and started all over again fresh, didn't help. BMW Z4 GT3 is the car I drive the most.

It's subjective but personally I don't agree about the cars being harder to drive. We are generally seeing times improving in our group of guys but I think that's because we are all getting better at it, I do not think the physics have changed.

Forcedchaos
16-06-2015, 10:51
It's subjective but personally I don't agree about the cars being harder to drive. We are generally seeing times improving in our group of guys but I think that's because we are all getting better at it, I do not think the physics have changed.

You're probably right. I've been thinking about it and I just got the Wheel Stand Pro V2 stand. It is so much more sturdy than when my wheel was hooked to the PC desk and I can feel because of it I'm driving more aggresive. Just a thought.

Mascot
16-06-2015, 14:01
You're probably right. I've been thinking about it and I just got the Wheel Stand Pro V2 stand. It is so much more sturdy than when my wheel was hooked to the PC desk and I can feel because of it I'm driving more aggresive. Just a thought.

Your original post was interesting though. I drive the Z4 GT3 almost exclusively and also thought it handled a lot worse (and had much weaker brakes) since patch 1.4.

jasonr71
16-06-2015, 15:25
Since the update the game crashes! This is the first time I've experienced the game crashing! Also the game was running better before the update!

FIXED POSITIONS FOR SPECTATOR AND BROADCAST CAMERAS IN REPLAYS WILL IMPROVE FRAMERATES AND ELIMINATE THE ANNOYING STUTTERING!!!!

If you guys want to improve the performance and the framerate issue in replay mode, switch the moving camera that follows the cars along the track to a still camera. It is so annoying when the camera follows the cars and there's a huge stutter. If you look at a lot of the other racing sims, what the developers will do is place spectator cameras that don't move along the sides of the circuits (Broadcasts cameras) that eliminates the poor framerate issues.

I have a top end machine running at 4.6Ghz and the only time my PC stutters is with this god damn moving camera in the replays. Look at FORZA on the Xbox for example, one of the default camera views is a broadcast/spectator camera that are stationary in each corner and along the straights.

You are putting more load on the graphics card and PC when the camera is following the cars around the circuits! Especially when the circuits already have a lot of detail!

I'm not saying to get rid of all the existing replay cameras, but at least have one spectator and broadcast camera placed in a stationary position around each circuit, so we don't get these hideous stuttering issues!

Believe me, there will be a lot of happy players out there who enjoy watching their replays. ;)

Forcedchaos
16-06-2015, 15:40
Your original post was interesting though. I drive the Z4 GT3 almost exclusively and also thought it handled a lot worse (and had much weaker brakes) since patch 1.4.

Something definately got tweeked whether intentional or not (unforseeable things like this always happen with patches). A game like this is all about feel and I could tell something was off right away.

MrAstor
16-06-2015, 16:01
Also not so much a bug however.

1. If you are lapping a car, it shouldn't be able to crash into you, it should ghost out if you are lapping it, only because they are normally slower drivers that have no idea you are around them and they cause a crash

4. Qualifying - still sucks, cars park up in the middle of a chicane or on the line, you cant do anything, they stay there for the entire quali session. Cant post a good time. If it detects a stationary car for more than 3 seconds it should ghost it out or pit them automatically.

5. People coming last always quit. So a field of 20, only about 6 players will finish, because the last player quits, then the next last player quits, and so forth. No one wants to come last. The game should give XP for finishing and give you a DNF if you exit the race. Everyone should finish. That doesn't happen in real motor racing. You dont see the last F1 car pull into the pits and park up because they are coming last.

I totally agree! Good points that hopefully will be addressed soon so that we can enjoy the game without the unnecessary constantly recurring frustration!

Mellowyellow
16-06-2015, 16:10
Agree about someone using you as brake. Happened to me at monza today. Q2, get hit from behind in "braking zone" which by then I'm out of control, get given a penalty for missing chicane. Then as I'm trying to get it all together I get spun round again, now facing wrong way, have a head on and I'm disqualified! Game over.

Mellowyellow
16-06-2015, 16:14
Something definately got tweeked whether intentional or not (unforseeable things like this always happen with patches). A game like this is all about feel and I could tell something was off right away.

I'm sure the m3 gt3 is harder to drive since patch. Kept losing my tuned setup which didn't help. Ever since though it just doesn't feel the same!

Roger Prynne
16-06-2015, 16:17
Since the update the game crashes! This is the first time I've experienced the game crashing! Also the game was running better before the update!

FIXED POSITIONS FOR SPECTATOR AND BROADCAST CAMERAS IN REPLAYS WILL IMPROVE FRAMERATES AND ELIMINATE THE ANNOYING STUTTERING!!!!

If you guys want to improve the performance and the framerate issue in replay mode, switch the moving camera that follows the cars along the track to a still camera. It is so annoying when the camera follows the cars and there's a huge stutter. If you look at a lot of the other racing sims, what the developers will do is place spectator cameras that don't move along the sides of the circuits (Broadcasts cameras) that eliminates the poor framerate issues.

I have a top end machine running at 4.6Ghz and the only time my PC stutters is with this god damn moving camera in the replays. Look at FORZA on the Xbox for example, one of the default camera views is a broadcast/spectator camera that are stationary in each corner and along the straights.

You are putting more load on the graphics card and PC when the camera is following the cars around the circuits! Especially when the circuits already have a lot of detail!

I'm not saying to get rid of all the existing replay cameras, but at least have one spectator and broadcast camera placed in a stationary position around each circuit, so we don't get these hideous stuttering issues!

Believe me, there will be a lot of happy players out there who enjoy watching their replays. ;)

Strange how I don't get any stutters in replays with my aging PC.

Forcedchaos
16-06-2015, 16:23
I'm sure the m3 gt3 is harder to drive since patch. Kept losing my tuned setup which didn't help. Ever since though it just doesn't feel the same!

I just rage quit!! The car now just won't turn!! No matter how much I tweak all the settings! Unless in the turn I about practically come to a full stop!!!!!! I was having a blast before 1.4 now it's not fun at all just frustrating. Wheel and pedals will be designated to the closet for awhile before something gets broken in a rage.

jasonr71
16-06-2015, 16:35
Strange how I don't get any stutters in replays with my aging PC.

I think you may have misunderstood me! I don't get stuttering in general, it's only when the replay cameras move along with the cars. For example in the beginning of the race when the cars start to move off the starting line, or when the camera pans and moves around a corner with the cars. It's large single stutter (not smalls spikes of stuttering, just one to three large spikes of stuttering), similar to a vsync issue. I'd be interested in knowing what monitor you're using, what refresh rate it displays, and if your graphics card is hooked up via a DVI connection, HDMI or Display Port Monitor connection, if that's OK!

I have read on this forum of other players experiencing this issue as well. But if you're not experiencing this problem, I'd be very appreciative if you could kindly tell me the above info about your hardware.

It can't be a refresh issue, because every other hardcore graphics game and racing Sim I own doesn't present this problem.

Do you have everything maxed out, or have you got certain graphic options turned off. I don't have everything maxed out on my PC, even though it's a high end PC.

Cheers!

Roger Prynne
16-06-2015, 16:45
Info in my sig.
HDMI

jasonr71
16-06-2015, 16:51
Thanks for your info, but without knowing exactly what graphic settings you're using, it's hard to do a comparison since your specs are much lower. I've tried lowering the resolution to 1920x1080, reducing a whole lot of the graphic settings and still doesn't make a difference to this issue.

I can have all the settings maxed out during racing and I don't have these spikes of stutter and I get between 90-100 FPS, and I don't experience this with any other racing Sims. So it's not a performance issue, it's a bug!

But your info gives me something to work on, because if you're not experiencing this problem, than it may have something to do with the controller or something that's not graphic related!

Cheers

Blvd69
16-06-2015, 17:06

Believe me, there will be a lot of happy players out there who enjoy watching their replays. ;) well all games seem to get there bug related issues...hope this helps.

Mellowyellow
16-06-2015, 17:13
I just rage quit!! The car now just won't turn!! No matter how much I tweak all the settings! Unless in the turn I about practically come to a full stop!!!!!! I was having a blast before 1.4 now it's not fun at all just frustrating. Wheel and pedals will be designated to the closet for awhile before something gets broken in a rage.

Ah it's not just me then. Same here, changed everything. Before I had it working in the braking zones. It just turned in without any fuss, nice and settled to get back on the power. I've done countless laps at monza.

Mellowyellow
16-06-2015, 20:13
I've had a think about this mystery regarding strange handling/lack of pace since the patch.

Before the Bentley was available I used the M3 gt3 quite a lot. Bentley was then made available. Downloaded. Started using this beast and as most would agree its quick, it handles very well untouched.

My theory is that because I've got used to the Bentley maybe it's making the M3 feel slow. There's no doubt the m3 is slower than Bentley. It's so quick on the straight just look after it on the corners.
Whereas the Beemer is slower you've got to perfect laps to eqlipse the B. Monza for example. You know the Bentley will do 1:46 easy enough but the M3 for me will only do a 1:47:500 and I'm on the limit.

So maybe I'm over driving the M3 now! Who knows!

m355y
16-06-2015, 20:25
For what it's worth I agree that the patch has actually made things worse. I'm having way more issues now. The flat/overheating tyres, the invisible walls coming out of the pits at Le Mans, the sudden four-tyre blowouts, the uncontrollable cars in the wet while the AI cruise past, the wrong liveries showing on replays. I love the potential this game has and when things are running well I love playing it, but......:(

Bongomaster
16-06-2015, 22:53
Hi,

I haven't seen a definitive answer as to whether the AI is affected by changing weather conditions yet.
I was able to win the race I've been struggling with since pre-patch, but I think that's just because I got lucky with the AI pitting strategies. I started on wets and they all pitted in (on an 8 lap race!), so I had a 35 second lead with three laps to go. However, come the finish line I only won by a car-length! I'm pretty sure I don't suck THAT much at driving in the wet, so my guess is that the AI still isn't affected by changing weather. ?

(edit: this was Zolder in the M1 Procar invitational)

Schnizz58
16-06-2015, 22:56
No Bongomaster that fix hasn't made it into a release yet. They say they are still tweaking parameters to get the behavior how they want it.

Roger Prynne
17-06-2015, 00:05
Hi,

I haven't seen a definitive answer as to whether the AI is affected by changing weather conditions yet.
I was able to win the race I've been struggling with since pre-patch, but I think that's just because I got lucky with the AI pitting strategies. I started on wets and they all pitted in (on an 8 lap race!), so I had a 35 second lead with three laps to go. However, come the finish line I only won by a car-length! I'm pretty sure I don't suck THAT much at driving in the wet, so my guess is that the AI still isn't affected by changing weather. ?

(edit: this was Zolder in the M1 Procar invitational)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=994734&viewfull=1#post994734

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear&p=995894&viewfull=1#post995894

Mellowyellow
17-06-2015, 14:04
This is a game breaker for me! Ps4.

I've read about it but no experienced it until today. Twice in online session, Ginetta G55 GT3, Monza.

Going down main straight I hit an invisible wall!

mcarver2000
17-06-2015, 14:14
Actually existed pre-patch 1.4

This is a game breaker for me! Ps4.

I've read about it but no experienced it until today. Twice in online session, Ginetta G55 GT3, Monza.

Going down main straight I hit an invisible wall!

Mellowyellow
17-06-2015, 15:17
Actually existed pre-patch 1.4

Did it, sorry didn't realise. It's the first time I've had it happen from purchasing the game. It's weird because I've just completed 25 lap race at monza online and didn't have a head on with an invisible wall. Must be random!

wOoDsTeR16
17-06-2015, 16:10

To start off with I thought the same. I use the Z4 pretty much all the time and it felt different from the off. Last night I did a 1:03:822 @ Silverstone

https://youtu.be/AaizikpNS4E Theres the vid.

Now I am finding I am having to use different breaking points and the car is more tail happy but after a few laps I have it back down to a 1:04 1xx. I use real assists and have not tried any other settings yet but it does feel different

EHM
17-06-2015, 16:17
I've had this problem below happen two times since the 1.4 update, though I'm not saying the update caused it.

Join a multiplayer game, click drive and whooooooooooosh. Can't control anything (AI is driving) and clicking the pit button etc. doesn't work. Cannot be stopped without exiting.

http://i.imgur.com/bAYgieg.png

I also lapped the Ring in 6 seconds. :cool:

Both times that it happened were in Qualifying mode, I have no idea what sort of terror it was for those on track, since the screen was moving so fast that everything was a blur.

CLOWN KAOSZ
17-06-2015, 16:50
Since patch 1.4 when my TX wheel wants to automaticly calibrate it keeps clipping from left to right instead of centering!