PDA

View Full Version : I'm back.

wraithsrike
15-06-2015, 13:27
Oh boy what a couple of weeks me and my family have had.

A couple of weeks ago me my wife and two small children went to a classic car show, fantastic day all had a really good time.

Got home started to make up a model car i brought my son when bam heart attack, wife rang emergency services who waisted no time in rushing me into hospital I was injected full of meds and put into a ward when bang I got hit by another :-(

Next up for me was heart surgery, it was found that my archeries were closing up so I needed two stints fitted straight away to say at this time ( and still am) was scared is a understatement.

After this I was placed into a critical care unit for continuous monitoring.

I tell you it was a shock like you wouldn't believe, I'm 47 fit and healthy or so I thought. I ride, run, box, and work on building sites so I'm not out of shape but still it happened.

It's been a very worrying time for my family still is I guess.

I was told this could of been due to being a lite smoker ( no more lol) or the fact I like my fatty foods, I thought being fit would be enough to keep me healthy boy how wrong was I.

Fellas and ladys if any of you reading this smoke or go ott on the fats STOP don't for one second think it can never happen to you trust me it can, and if you don't think of yourself think of your family. I watched helplessly as my little team fall apart, it's horrible.

I'm home now not feeling to great but back with my family and hopefully back on track soon ;-)

I've posted this so you can see for yourselfs I'm an ordinary guy that thought stuff like this only happens to others... it doesn't
Stay lucky be healthy
Andy.

Sonic6L
15-06-2015, 13:35
Glad you're alive! Good luck getting better and hope you have a swift recovery mate.

Ryno917
15-06-2015, 13:35
Damn, man, that's rough. Glad to hear you're doing ok now, though.

mister dog
15-06-2015, 13:37
I had a small brain stroke 5 months ago, bit similar situation as you, was walking to the office every day, played footie every week BUT drank too much, smoked cigarettes a bit too often and ate at mcdonalds a bit too often. Luckily i got off good and i'm almost fully recovered now, but like you say don't think you can compensate for an overall bad lifestyle with going to the gym. 32 years old here by the way.

Wish you the best ;)

FA RACING 01
15-06-2015, 13:50
Glad to hear you better mate. AND best wishes [with the stop smoking too] ;)

TrevorAustin
15-06-2015, 13:51
That's rough! But at least you survived!

Invincible
15-06-2015, 13:53
Best wishes from me too. Get well soon!

wraithsrike
15-06-2015, 13:56
Glad to hear you better mate. AND best wishes [with the stop smoking too] ;)

My wife and children are more important to me than smoking, never want to put them through that again.

centurian
15-06-2015, 14:33
Trust everything gets better soon mate.

Can't always say its down to lifestyle.
I've smoked 20 a day for over 45 years. Drank till I fall over on almost every type of alcoholic poison known to mankind.
Never been to a gym or taken excercise. Eaten anything that doesn't move on the plate :)
Not seen any doctor or taken any medication for over 30 years. 2 marriages and 3 kids.
66 years old 5' 9" and 77KG and the only pain I suffer is when England lose a soccer game :) (Happens frequently)

My belief is its down to stopping taking medication from the doc.
Any medication has side-effects and long term effects obviously won't show until its too late.

jgaganas
15-06-2015, 14:54
I wish you a fast recovery mate!

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 14:54
Man, glad you are ok. Yeah I have a relative single guy non-smoker no-drinker, slightly overweight but does get exercise. He had a hear attack at 37 years old. My wife (physician) started me on medication immediately to lower cholesterol etc. cause i eat junk and don't exercise anymore and have family history (bad genetics). I don't smoke/drink but hard to resist burgers and cookies. Need to run/bike and start eating more rabbit food I guess.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 15:01
So glad to hear you are on the mend mate ! Stopping smoking can be hard but having a reason makes it all the more worth it and you more determined

Ive always heted rabbit food but ive come to learn I need it in my life

LADY GEMMA JANE
15-06-2015, 15:08
Sorry to hear friend
hope all is well

x

John Hargreaves
15-06-2015, 15:13
Very sorry to hear all that mate, I wondered why you hadn't been posting for a bit. Bit of a shitty close shave that one, it must be really hard to decide whether you have been really lucky or really unlucky. Both at the same time I guess. Anyway Andy, glad you're in one piece and welcome back.

girlracerTracey
15-06-2015, 15:16
All the very best from me. Take care of yourself.

grT x

wraithsrike
15-06-2015, 17:13
Thanks for the replys guys kind of you all.

I kind of believe what will be will be, I've never taken medication or seen a doctor in 47 years and lived my life according to me, I'm not a heavy smoker maybe 5 a day and I don't drink only very lightly at special occasions and yeah I thought I was fit.

On about 10 different tablets aday now although I fully intend on weaning my self off them in time as like said above they all bring with them there own set of nasty surprises.

I am going to be more careful with what I eat though, I was a eat all the fat of the pork chops kind of guy I thought because I worked out I burnt it all off which I did body wise what I didn't take into account was all the fat going to my heart.

Can only hope it was a wake up call for me, oh well if nothing else I've got some serious time on Pcars now as I can't go back to my job for a while.

agentbeef
15-06-2015, 18:01
don't know you mate but have to say you lucky man,would not expect someone to come back from that maybe something less heart rate inducing than pcars for online play for now virtual gardening maybe, glad your kids still have an old man.

Jesse Fahrenkrog
15-06-2015, 23:34
Glad you made it through! Take care of yourself and your "word to the wise" is advice I'll take to heart given our similar senses of "living." (though I did kick the butts almost a year ago)

AdM1
16-06-2015, 02:48
Wow bet that was a scary experience, I eat all kinds of rubbish and get little exercise these last few years.

I've been considering taking up some more exercise to accommodate my bad eating habits but you've made me thing about both now.

Take care fella, rest up and don't let anything stress you out :).

madmax2069
16-06-2015, 03:03
Yeah I started to vape and stopped smoking tobacco for about 8-9 months now. I'll tell you what I can breath a lot better now then what I have been in a long time. My taste is getting stronger, my sense of smell is getting a lot better. No longer smell like a ashtray. My quality of live has improved in a huge way.

I started with a high level of nicotine in the ejuice, slowly stepping down the nicotine dose for every two months now, soon I'll be without nicotine and just inhaling vapor. Soon that too will be stopped.

Glad you are alive.

I use to chain smoke cigarettes in a bad way. I cant stand the smell of a cigarette or tobacco now.

TenthDan
16-06-2015, 03:09
Thanks for the replys guys kind of you all.

I kind of believe what will be will be, I've never taken medication or seen a doctor in 47 years and lived my life according to me, I'm not a heavy smoker maybe 5 a day and I don't drink only very lightly at special occasions and yeah I thought I was fit.

On about 10 different tablets aday now although I fully intend on weaning my self off them in time as like said above they all bring with them there own set of nasty surprises.

I am going to be more careful with what I eat though, I was a eat all the fat of the pork chops kind of guy I thought because I worked out I burnt it all off which I did body wise what I didn't take into account was all the fat going to my heart.

Can only hope it was a wake up call for me, oh well if nothing else I've got some serious time on Pcars now as I can't go back to my job for a while.

Sorry to hear of the experience, glad you're still here!

BTW, don't drop the (saturated) fats! they're the good bit. Drop the sugar and even cut down the grains. Of course no need to listen to a random internet person, but I encourage you to do some reading up and you'd be amazed what the food industry has turned into 'good health' over the years.

For instance did you know it used to be illegal to sell margarine with colouring added (used to be an off-grey colour)? Surely that couldn't be unhealthy...

jason
16-06-2015, 03:16
I know exactly how you feel bud , I am now 42 but at the age of 37 I had a date with doctor for a medical as I had to drive a mobile crane for a contractor that required a medical , that's when that day turned to shit!

I was in there for 2 minutes , he put his stethoscope on my chest and says " how long have you had the heart problem " . I'm like " what the hell are you talking about " .
Cut a long story short I had a valve failing in my heart " leaking blood " . 2 weeks later I was getting open heart surgery , the most painful and frightening thing I have ever experienced in my lift , I do not wish this on anyone.

Took me about 2 years to start to feel right again in the chest area after having the ribs split open.

Take care people life can be a lot shorter then you think , Love and care for the people closest to you.

mister dog
16-06-2015, 06:24
For instance did you know it used to be illegal to sell margarine with colouring added (used to be an off-grey colour)? Surely that couldn't be unhealthy...
Someone i knew worked in a margarine factory once, i always remember he told me that if you would see how it was made, you would never eat it again. He was talking about a fluorescent looking color even before they added additives that made it look like butter.

agentbeef
16-06-2015, 14:33
Someone i knew worked in a margarine factory once, i always remember he told me that if you would see how it was made, you would never eat it again. He was talking about a fluorescent looking color even before they added additives that made it look like butter.

margarine is a deadly killer according to letterman

Ian Bell
16-06-2015, 14:50
Margarine is one of the worst things ever passed off to the general public as a 'healthy' alternative to butter.

Our body has no clue how to process trans/hydrogenated fatty acids.

We have had the family on good old unsalted butter for years now.

justonce68
16-06-2015, 15:30
Glad you are on the mend dude

Sonic6L
16-06-2015, 15:42
Trust everything gets better soon mate.

Can't always say its down to lifestyle.
I've smoked 20 a day for over 45 years. Drank till I fall over on almost every type of alcoholic poison known to mankind.
Never been to a gym or taken excercise. Eaten anything that doesn't move on the plate :)
Not seen any doctor or taken any medication for over 30 years. 2 marriages and 3 kids.
66 years old 5' 9" and 77KG and the only pain I suffer is when England lose a soccer game :) (Happens frequently)

My belief is its down to stopping taking medication from the doc.
Any medication has side-effects and long term effects obviously won't show until its too late.

FOOTBALL! :p.

GBRC.C7
16-06-2015, 16:27
Margarine is one of the worst things ever passed off to the general public as a 'healthy' alternative to butter.

Wasn't Margarine made to have a pink dye put into it in the 50s or 60's by the FSA, think we are talking about some form or other of low fat spread, it's still basically the same though.

GBRC.C7
16-06-2015, 16:37
Straight from Wiki

United States

In 1877*New York*became the first US state to attempt legal restriction of the sale of oleomargarine through compulsory labeling. The law, "to prevent deception in sales of butter," required retailers to provide customers with a slip of paper that identified the "imitation" product as margarine. This law proved ineffective, as it would have required an army of inspectors and chemists to enforce it. By the mid-1880s, the US federal government had introduced a tax of two cents per pound, and manufacturers needed an expensive license to make or sell the product. The simple expedient of requiring oleo manufacturers to color their product distinctively was, however, left out of early federal legislation. But individual states began to require the clear labeling of margarine. The color bans, drafted by the butter lobby, began in the dairy states of*New York*and*New Jersey. In several states, legislatures enacted laws to require margarine manufacturers to add pink colorings to make the product look unpalatable, despite the objections of the oleo manufacturers that butter dairies themselves added*annatto*to their product to imitate the yellow of mid-summer butter.[65]

By the start of the 20th century, eight out of ten Americans could not buy yellow margarine, and those who could had to pay a hefty tax on it.Bootleg*colored margarine became common, and manufacturers began to supply food-coloring capsules so the consumer could knead the yellow color into margarine before serving it. Nevertheless, the regulations and taxes had a significant effect: the 1902 restrictions on margarine color, for example, cut annual US consumption from 120,000,000 to 48,000,000 pounds (54,000 to 22,000*t).

With the coming of*World War I, margarine consumption increased enormously, even in countries away from the front, such as the United States. In the countries closest to the fighting, dairy products became almost unobtainable and were strictly*rationed. TheUnited Kingdom, for example, depended on imported butter from Australia and New Zealand, and the risk of*submarine*attacks meant little arrived.

The long-running*rent-seeking*battle between the margarine and dairy*lobbies*continued: in the US, the*Great Depression*brought a renewed wave of pro-dairy legislation; the*Second World War, a swing back to margarine. Post-war, the margarine lobby gained power and, little by little, the main margarine restrictions were lifted, the most recent states to do so being*Minnesota*in 1963 and*Wisconsin*in 1967.[66][67]*Lois Dowdle Cobb (1889–1987) of*Atlanta,*Georgia, wife of the agricultural publisher*Cully Cobb, led the move in the United States to lift the restrictions on margarine.[68]*Some unenforced laws remain on the books.[69][70]

Mascot
16-06-2015, 21:54

I went to buy some butter the other day but the checkout girl palmed me off with margarine.

MULTIVITZ
16-06-2015, 22:18
Ok ok, Multis here. Its primarily cause by long term parasite toxins attacking the tissues that hold things together. Theres a duct that enters the blood stream from the lymph system located near the heart. Processed foods has parts missing that are needed for complete assimilation by the body, if the food don't get used then the parasites consume it and produce toxins from it. Parasites love drugs to, and gluten, so be careful what you feed them!!
You can slow down their damage by getting extra stuff inside ya to bolster your immune system and grow fresh tissue. Of couse this takes minerals, oils and fats. Most vitamins sold in the high street are poisonus to a low metabolism, because they aren't methylated or because they are synthetic. Please, many docters with PHDs agree on these points and mentioning them to your local drug dealer, sorry, I mean local doctor can make them flustered.
I been studying nutrition for over thirty years, just a little longer that automobils! Thanks for reading.

D-Ribose, Phosphatidyl choline, Zinc Methionine, Selenium Methionine, Magnesium Threonate, Omega 3 balanced with the other oils, Methylated B12+Folate, Sodium Ascorbate . Fresh veg. If you get aches and pains try an amino acid supplement. If you get breathless eat a steak. Use quarter dosing and read up about the suppements, or go on YouTube.

WHEAT was genetically modified after the great war, it has high levels of gluten that chemically burns anyones internal tissues, not just the gut lining. There has been industry pressure to stop reseach into this over many decades.

mister dog
16-06-2015, 22:19
I went to buy some butter the other day but the checkout girl palmed me off with margarine.
So a pair of lovely lady breasts and you are willing to poison yourself??!!

Can't blame you https://www.gtplanet.net/assets/12/xenforo/smilies/dopey.gif

Mascot
17-06-2015, 09:48
So a pair of lovely lady breasts and you are willing to poison yourself??!!

Can't blame you https://www.gtplanet.net/assets/12/xenforo/smilies/dopey.gif

Palmed me off with margarine?

Seriously?

Nobody..?

mister dog
17-06-2015, 10:49
Palmed me off with margarine?

Seriously?

Nobody..?

Aha, it was a corny joke! http://i47.tinypic.com/21nplx2.gif

Mascot
17-06-2015, 13:15