PDA

View Full Version : Xbox press conference

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 16:48
Backwards compatibility, wow, didn't see that coming.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 16:56
I was just about to post that ! that is a massive bit of news !!

And that Elite Controller !! Microsoft take my money !!!!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/microsoft-unveils-new-xbox-one-elite-controller-and-weve-held-it/

I guess all the mandatory buttons are programmable with that controller hey Ian :p

Cant wait to use it with Project cars

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:04
Forza 6 time !!

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 17:06
They've nicked our 'most technically advanced' line right from the off :)

(They did say 'we've ever built' to be fair)

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:08
Is that it !! Halo gets 10 mins !! Forza 2 mins wtf !!

Although 60fps at 1080p and 24 cars online ... I got a feeling you were right Ian they aint transitioning that weather

September 11th release though, thats sooner than a lot of people would have thought

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 17:10

I think that's pretty much Dan's catch phrase for every e3 I have watched :-P

icebear
15-06-2015, 17:11

i would bet they would never did it if the PS4 was not so sucessfull
now they will catch more easely xbox 360 users thinking about ps4 i guess ?
(no rant here, i like microsoft but for windows hehe)

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 17:11

ARE U LISTENING LOGITECH!!!!111oneone :mad:

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 17:12
Is that it !! Halo gets 10 mins !! Forza 2 mins wtf !!

Although 60fps at 1080p and 24 cars online ... I got a feeling you were right Ian they aint transitioning that weather

September 11th release though, thats sooner than a lot of people would have thought

yeah i agree I doubt the weather and time will be dynamic as they didn't say anything about either being dynamic.

Raven403
15-06-2015, 17:13
That Forza Trailer was a joke.....

But backwards compatability, awesome, That means i can play Forza 4 lol And I need that Elite Controller Yesterday

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:13
yeah i agree I doubt the weather and time will be dynamic as they didn't say anything about either being dynamic.

And they wont be able to lock it at 60fps ...

Fractured Life
15-06-2015, 17:14
when can I get that pad!! And if Fallout is gonna have OPC mods on Xbone, could that be in the works for other titles?

WOW.

Don Ente
15-06-2015, 17:14

"Microsoft ... has promised that Forza Motorsport will be the most technologically advanced driving simulator to ever grace the gaming market..." - March 28, 2005

(http://worthplaying.com/article/2005/3/28/previews/23465/)

- Don

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:15
That Forza Trailer was a joke.....

But backwards compatability, awesome, That means i can play Forza 4 lol And I need that Elite Controller Yesterday

I want that pad soo bad !! Why do we have to wait til "Fall" ...

Frog T
15-06-2015, 17:15
That controller looks a beast. I'm £150 into controllers as I'm on my 3rd so I hope it don't cost the earth.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:17
That controller looks a beast. I'm £150 into controllers as I'm on my 3rd so I hope it don't cost the earth.

I got a feeling we are looking at the £80 mark for that controller

Plus the "Modification Pieces" I want the longer Analog sticks, I think its going to be close to £100 with mods ...

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 17:20
And they wont be able to lock it at 60fps ...
I love both PCars & Forza but there are things in PCars that Forza doesn't do
example the reflection on cars in PCars has cars, the pit lane guy ect., forza doesn't do that
dynamic weather & time I doubt will be in Forza 6
and Microsoft I am pretty sure wants that rock solid 60FPS

Raven403
15-06-2015, 17:25
Yeah color me Unimpressed by Turn 10s trailer there. Wasnt that just a Horizon 2 video??

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:27
and Microsoft I am pretty sure wants that rock solid 60FPS

Exactly ... Sacrifice the features that the Community want to make yourself look better ... Well thats Turn 10 all over ...

Ah well Backwards Compatibility, time to search for a Pre Owned Forza 4 !

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 17:29
Yeah color me Unimpressed by Turn 10s trailer there. Wasnt that just a Horizon 2 video??
did you watch the same trailer? it showed Indy, an Oval Track which I am thinking is Daytona as it the mot iconic oval after Indy of course also Le Mans with rain
how is that Horizon 2?

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 17:33
Exactly ... Sacrifice the features that the Community want to make yourself look better ... Well thats Turn 10 all over ...

Ah well Backwards Compatibility, time to search for a Pre Owned Forza 4 !
I don't see Forza 4 being on the list of backwards compatible games, if it is it will surprise me a lot

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 17:34
That was an underwhelming Forza presentation for me.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:34
Pre Orders are now available

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/forza-6

Still aint besting Project Cars on Locations ...

I don't see Forza 4 being on the list of backwards compatible games, if it is it will surprise me a lot

The way I saw it is that ALL games are Backwards Compatible ...

*EDIT*

Ars says its a limited amount

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/xbox-360-backwards-compatibility-coming-to-xbox-one/

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 17:38
sadly I agree I hoped & expected a little more
they needed less Ford sales pitch(btw I love the Ford GT) & more Forza

Raven403
15-06-2015, 17:38
did you watch the same trailer? it showed Indy, an Oval Track which I am thinking is Daytona as it the mot iconic oval after Indy of course also Le Mans with rain
how is that Horizon 2?

Well cuz it showed a bunch of exotic cars racing around a Rio street course. Then showed some rain on the ground, and some night stuff, No hardcore racing no new features from what I could see, besides 24 player MP. they showed the GT Z4 that was the only purpose built race car I saw. So to me it looks like Horizon on race tracks.

Not to mention I was being sarcastic.

wicken
15-06-2015, 17:39
It does look beautiful though...still not totally impressed compared to Project CARS.
http://abload.de/img/chjp3zywsaeth-7gculz.jpg

http://abload.de/img/chjoevsw8aihasmrbu7f.jpg

Raven403
15-06-2015, 17:41
It does, but its like dating a supermodel, All looks, No substance

Might be a bad analogy with some people but you get the point

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:43
It does look beautiful though...still not totally impressed compared to Project CARS.

Nope nor me, I want Race cars on Race tracks

I had a go on the "Street Circuits" on Project Cars earlier the Highway and Azure and I was very disappointing they are in the game, sure they are nice but its not a race track (my opinion) :)

Raven403
15-06-2015, 17:47

My point

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 17:51
That Hololens is pretty epic !!

Markeeez
15-06-2015, 17:56
Ive never played Forza in my life but got to give it to them, the pictures look amazing!

Fractured Life
15-06-2015, 17:59

They aint so hard to fix. I broke mine the first day I got it with pCars, turn 1 at hockenheim I took a bit violently. Nothing a bit of superglue couldn't fix (although I lost L3 in the process lmao)

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 18:00
It's nearly over and I've yet to see the big show for pCARS...

Probably leaving it to the end as a final crescendo.

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 18:01

My point
so a street road course now makes a racing game to an arcade open world racing game? sorry I missed that memo. also I don't see the logic either
Forza Horizon 30fps arcade handling based off Motorsport physics engine Forza Motorsport 60FPS with realistic physics (btw they never say real world physics but realistic physics)
I mean Le Mans and Azure(aka Monaco) are street road course, and are not a purpose built tracks so does that make any game with them like Horizon? or does this rule only apply to fantasy tracks?

Raven403
15-06-2015, 18:03
so a street road course now makes a racing game to an arcade open world racing game? sorry I missed that memo. also I don't see the logic either
Forza Horizon 30fps arcade handling based off Motorsport physics engine Forza Motorsport 60FPS with realistic physics (btw they never say real world physics but realistic physics)
I mean Le Mans and Azure(aka Monaco) are street road course, and are not a purpose built tracks so does that make any game with them like Horizon? or does this rule only apply to fantasy tracks?

Its a joke dude, cool ur jets

wicken
15-06-2015, 18:10
Looks like Microsoft ain't gonna win E3 this year, the conference was just OK in my opinion. The only good points to mention are: Backwards compatible with XBOX 360, Elite Controller, Rise of Tomb Raider, The Division, PvZ GW2, Dark Souls 3.

Project CARS still takes the crown on dynamic time of day and weather along with tracks.

Turn 10 is also introducing night racing and wet weather, though there's a catch - both features will not be dynamic, with event conditions set in place and unwavering. Also, wet weather and night racing will only feature on a selection of tracks - those which are considered a reasonable fit for such conditions (so expect a sodden Silverstone as well as racing by night at Daytona and Le Mans).

Also, just to make a point:
Microsoft in 2013: Kinect is the future of gaming!
Microsoft in 2015: Sorry, what's a "Kinect?" Hey, check out these cool glasses!

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 18:13
Its a joke dude, cool ur jets
:cool: i was just saying your logic (joking or not) was off saying that racing through a street circuit = arcade racer

andrewz
15-06-2015, 18:19
GTplanet says they are gonna have dynamic weather. They also guarantee 1080@60p. What will they have to get over?

I'm looking forward to some gameplay footage.

Edit: They erased "dynamic" from an article. It was their mistake. It is static.

TheReaper GT
15-06-2015, 18:22
Project cars with that pro controller and hololens hud and telemetry = I'm hooked for life

Raven403
15-06-2015, 18:26
:cool: i was just saying your logic (joking or not) was off saying that racing through a street circuit = arcade racer

If it was logical, it wouldnt be a joke.......

Ur excited for it, good for you, just not impressed by what they had to show.

neoprime85
15-06-2015, 18:26
So....when will PCars be finished again? lol.

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 18:28
So....when will PCars be finished again? lol.

LOL, you so funny.

Thomas Heineman
15-06-2015, 18:29
Great to see 60fps being a thing again. Thank you pCARS!

Im Sorry
15-06-2015, 18:31
Hololens and Minecraft.My son just went into meltdown :cool:

AntonioR
15-06-2015, 18:32

Really? You must have seen a different presentation than mine...

CPU M Rossi
15-06-2015, 18:35
If it was logical, it wouldnt be a joke.......

Ur excited for it, good for you, just not impressed by what they had to show.
excited honestly not yet, there isn't much known other then there will be 450 cars a few tracks, night, and rain.

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 18:35
Really? You must have seen a different presentation than mine...

Possibly, it's the one they showed though. I thought the best bit was the Ford coming down at the start. I think that somewhat overshadowed/undermined the rest.

Or here's a crazy thought, maybe we just have different opinions after watching the same thing?

Raven403
15-06-2015, 18:36
excited honestly not yet, there isn't much known other then there will be 450 cars a few tracks, night, and rain.

Exactly, thats why im unimpressed so far. I havent heard anything about how its different and better than than ever besides the track list and MP count. Would like to see some more details. I also hoped theyd focus more on the racing and less on Fluff, like forzavista and watnot. I hope auction house makes a comeback but who knows. Just wouldve liked some more info and details at E3 for christsake. The other games got like a 10 minute spot, Forza just rolled a fancy Ford advert I feel.

Thomas Heineman
15-06-2015, 18:37

That was cool, but pcars with the latest oculus update will be awesome some say...sms soon I remembered...

Im Sorry
15-06-2015, 18:37
Forza has been the biggest let down that I've seen so far.Was just a ford advert!

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 18:38
http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/microsoft-xbox-elite-controller/

Any info from SmS on this thing? Will all of the buttons, paddles etc be usable in Pcars?

And we thought all the stick sensitivity settings were a handful in Pcars now. Combine that with the ability to customize things like response curves and sensitivity in the controller itself. Should make for 2 things... people who are extremely happy with minute sensitivity and controller customization making things feel as perfect for them as possible AND people who's head explodes because they get the settings all jacked up and it feels terrible so they blame every one from devs to microsoft for their irritation.

(mod edit: moved)

TheReaper GT
15-06-2015, 18:39
Forza has been the biggest let down that I've seen so far.Was just a ford advert!

me too, my stream froze for a little, there was any actual gameplay?

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 18:41
http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/microsoft-xbox-elite-controller/

Any info from SmS on this thing? Will all of the buttons, paddles etc be usable in Pcars?

And we thought all the stick sensitivity settings were a handful in Pcars now. Combine that with the ability to customize things like response curves and sensitivity in the controller itself. Should make for 2 things... people who are extremely happy with minute sensitivity and controller customization making things feel as perfect for them as possible AND people who's head explodes because they get the settings all jacked up and it feels terrible so they blame every one from devs to microsoft for their irritation.

(mod edit: moved)

We learned about its existence when you did.

Phishfinger

I'll tell you what would be great with that Hololens which Ian and SMS could get in on early... Virtual Scalextric on our living room floors! Imagine being able to build tracks and maybe even import them over from PCars with our tunings from this game and see them whizzing round in virtual reality :cool:

As it's my idea though, I want in on the creative side of things (in my dreams) ;)

wraithsrike
Not really that fussed about forza anymore, but that Elite controller on Pcars..... Yes please. And I'm chuffed about backwards compatible

Megalomanic87
15-06-2015, 18:43
Xbox have absolutely nailed this, though Forza 6 didn't look up to much ;).

The Hololens looks mad, absolutely mad.

Gethema
15-06-2015, 18:43
dunno if it's been posted already, but here's some forza 6 gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9_jHalh4JM&feature=youtu.be

Max Kelly
15-06-2015, 18:45
dunno if it's been posted already, but here's some forza 6 gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9_jHalh4JM&feature=youtu.beenvy only a few things. some cars.

Thomas Heineman
15-06-2015, 18:46
Xbox have absolutely nailed this, though Forza 6 didn't look up to much ;).

The Hololens looks mad, absolutely mad.

It does but oculus dk2 doesnt look mad, it is mad. The best part is that it is supported by pcars and will soon show it of using the latest badest devkit...smsoon, I hear.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 18:47
Looks like Microsoft ain't gonna win E3 this year, the conference was just OK in my opinion. The only good points to mention are: Backwards compatible with XBOX 360, Elite Controller, Rise of Tomb Raider, The Division, PvZ GW2, Dark Souls 3.

Project CARS still takes the crown on dynamic time of day and weather along with tracks.

Also, just to make a point:
Microsoft in 2013: Kinect is the future of gaming!
Microsoft in 2015: Sorry, what's a "Kinect?" Hey, check out these cool glasses!

I think you are Wrong, Sony have a LOT to live up to to beat Microsoft

Oh and to your point about the Glasses/Hololens

It isnt their to replace Kinect ... In fact Hololens hasnt been built just for the Xbox, it is a windows 10 pc in a headset ... this is a headset that is going to change the way we use Computers ... Think of the film Minority Report, yeah thats where Microsoft is taking us with those Glasses

Microsoft have my money on the Elite Controller and 2 of us in my household will be buying the Hololens :D

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 18:48
Ive never played Forza in my life but got to give it to them, the pictures look amazing!

Go to 2.00 in this video and tell me it looks like that picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=120&v=K9_jHalh4JM

I really think that all studios should stick to stock screenshots. I'm quite proud to say that all the screenies that went out for pCARS were from users, in-game and unadulterated.

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 18:49

Not sure why my post was moved here, seems like an xbox/pcars general discussion question to me... but anyway. If all it's functions can work in pcars I'll be greatly anticipating it. Will finally have the buttons to map more of the features and functions available. Manual clutch, seat positions, diff settings, brake bias.... so many things I'd love to be able to use but there just isn't any where near enough room on a standard controller.

deadlycowpat95
15-06-2015, 18:49
Elite controller looks fantastic, will be nice to have some extra buttons for mapping on PCars.

Although I'm not understanding all the Forza bashing on here, it looks like a solid game from what's been shown, early days yet.

Don Ente
15-06-2015, 18:51
In case anyone wants Forza 6 information besides the couple minutes at E3 press conference (although, based on my experience, that's NOT what forum people want), a couple decent articles:

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/06/forza-motorsport-6-getting-dark-and-wet-in-a-world-first-hands-on/

http://www.wired.com/2015/06/forza-6-videogame-racing-gets-realistic-ever/

I'm sure there are more out there - those were just the first two I came across.

- Don

Umer Ahmad
So it will be ready in patch 1.5 ?

Raven403
If they are adding league support thats awesome.

Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 18:55
Elite controller looks fantastic, will be nice to have some extra buttons for mapping on PCars.

Although I'm not understanding all the Forza bashing on here, it looks like a solid game from what's been shown, early days yet.

I'm sure it'll be a fun game. There's nothing in that footage that convinces me that the weather and time of day is actually dynamic and not preset for courses or that the physics will be anywhere near as good as pcars. To achieve both of those things AND be 1080p 60fps would be more than a little impressive. DX12... maybe but I'm still not convinced. Honestly I think it will be much more "arcade" (horizon on a circtuit) and that AC will be more of a comparable/competitive racer to Pcars when it eventually makes it's debut.

gmspromo
15-06-2015, 18:56
Liking the look of the Elite Controller ... I'm not liking the look of Forza 6 much and I don't think Ian and the team have too much to worry about just yet!!

What was it, 26 real world locations (meh, and?) ... 450+ Forza Vista Cars (yep, probably with 50 versions of the same Corvette or Camero, and a GMC Vandura because that makes a GREAT race vehicle!)

Like the fact they only showed one glimpse of a night race with fireworks in the sky and one race in the wet at daytime. No mention of dynamic anything ... I'm beginning to suspect perhaps night races are only on certain tracks (or TRACK) and the same with rain or weather ... Ian, I think you and your team might have the best console racer accolade in the bag my friend ...

Im Sorry
15-06-2015, 18:57
I'm just not a fan of all this street racing.Give me racing cars and race tracks over "Rio" any day of the week! The only thing I can see that's realistic in Forza is the aquaplaning.That looked cool.

deadlycowpat95
15-06-2015, 18:59
I'm sure it'll be a fun game. There's nothing in that footage that convinces me that the weather and time of day is actually dynamic and not preset for courses or that the physics will be anywhere near as good as pcars. To achieve both of those things AND be 1080p 60fps would be more than a little impressive. DX12... maybe but I'm still not convinced. Honestly I think it will be much more "arcade" (horizon on a circtuit) and that AC will be more of a comparable/competitive racer to Pcars when it eventually makes it's debut.

It was already confirmed (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic) it won't be dynamic which kinda sucks but I expected it anyway, so not too bothered.

I wouldn't even compare Forza to PCars myself, Forza is more of a casual racer with realistic elements whereas PC is obviously all-out sim. Both serve their purpose in the market and I'll enjoy both for what they are.

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 18:59
" Also new to Forza 6 is realistic in-the-rain and in-the-dark driving (just not at the same time)."

"Not all tracks will allow for nighttime or wet racing. It doesn’t rain much in Abu Dhabi, for example, and not all tracks allow races in the dark. It’s all about accurate simulation, after all."

Doesn't sound dynamic to me. That last part about not happening because "simulation" sounds more like a copout. But it's all speculation anyway.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 19:00
What was it, 26 real world locations (meh, and?) ... 450+ Forza Vista Cars (yep, probably with 50 versions of the same Corvette or Camero, and a GMC Vandura because that makes a GREAT race vehicle!).

I'd race it!

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 19:01
It was already confirmed (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic) it won't be dynamic which kinda sucks but I expected it anyway, so not too bothered.

I wouldn't even compare Forza to PCars myself, Forza is more of a casual racer with realistic elements whereas PC is obviously all-out sim. Both serve their purpose in the market and I'll enjoy both for what they are.

Sorry, was typing when that got posted. Guess that confirms it then. +1 Pcars.

BDR Daz
What was it, 26 real world locations (meh, and?) ... 450+ Forza Vista Cars (yep, probably with 50 versions of the same Corvette or Camero, and a GMC Vandura because that makes a GREAT race vehicle!)

Yup so its going to go something like this ...

Rio is one location, Madrid another, Los Angeles etc imo along with some tracks...

Im Sorry
On a different note.My Xbox one has gone into meltdown.Hardly anything working.Menu's have disappeared and the stores not working.

AntonioR
15-06-2015, 19:02
Possibly, it's the one they showed though. I thought the best bit was the Ford coming down at the start. I think that somewhat overshadowed/undermined the rest.

Or here's a crazy thought, maybe we just have different opinions after watching the same thing?

They just managed to put 24 cars on track at 1080/60FPS with rain and night. All of this on the Xbox One. How is this underwhelming?

Umer Ahmad
" Also new to Forza 6 is realistic in-the-rain and in-the-dark driving (just not at the same time)."

"Not all tracks will allow for nighttime or wet racing. It doesn’t rain much in Abu Dhabi, for example, and not all tracks allow races in the dark. It’s all about accurate simulation, after all."

Doesn't sound dynamic to me. That last part about not happening because "simulation" sounds more like a copout. But it's all speculation anyway.

Yeah, 99% NOT dynamic. So we say good-bye to 24H Nurbs/Spa/Dubai/Mugello/Daytona/LeMans/... (only project cars will allow these)

Ian Bell

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic

We will be a a solid 60 FPS with fully dynamic everything, even if it kills me.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 19:05
Im watching that Forza video, so Brands Hatch is confirmed but it looks TERRIBLE imo ... I will be renting through Boomerang I think !

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:06
They just managed to put 24 cars on track at 1080/60FPS with rain and night. All of this on the Xbox One. How is this underwhelming?

The presentation was underwhelming. Please try to read properly.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 19:07
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic

First comment on there Ian

Interesting. Makes the work done by SMS for Project CARS all the more impressive, and perhaps more forgiveable as the bugs and other issues can be caused by the dynamic features (like strange shadows and pop up clouds etc). \
Looking forward to seeing some footage.

Aldo Zampatti
15-06-2015, 19:07
Basically (I'm trying to catch up), it wasn't as I would expected them to provide to us (users). I honestly thought that after PCARS, Forza would come back stronger but this presentation (to me) looked like they won't match half of the aspects of PCARS....

They keep betting at more cars and silly stuff like that, but they're not innovating as much as they should.
That's only simply my opinion.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 19:09
On a different note.My Xbox one has gone into meltdown.Hardly anything working.Menu's have disappeared and the stores not working.

Welcome to E3 ... Happens every year !!

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 19:10
Basically (I'm trying to catch up), it wasn't as I would expected them to provide to us (users). I honestly thought that after PCARS, Forza would come back stronger but this presentation (to me) looked like they won't match half of the aspects of PCARS....

They keep betting at more cars and silly stuff like that, but they're not innovating as much as they should.
That's only simply my opinion.

Well for sure FM6 cannot be pCARS++ by September 2015. Their ship has been sailing for many months now so too late to "change course" this late in their voyage.

Maybe FM7

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:13
First comment on there Ian

That's a smart person.

AntonioR
15-06-2015, 19:15
The presentation was underwhelming. Please try to read properly.

I see. Pardon me. I can relate to that but considering they had so many (good) games to show I can understand.

B FIFE22
15-06-2015, 19:17
If the frame rate ends up being a steady 60fps the trade off for the weather not being dynamic will be worth it for me; especially with 24 players.

All the past Forza's have had a rock solid frame rate, so it most likely will be

B FIFE22
15-06-2015, 19:17
What was it, 26 real world locations (meh, and?) ... 450+ Forza Vista Cars (yep, probably with 50 versions of the same Corvette or Camero,

You sure you're not confusing this with GT? Forza usually just puts the highest performing trim of a model in the game instead of every trim level like GT. There's 1 R34 in Forza and about 12 in GT

gmspromo
15-06-2015, 19:18
I'd race it!

Maybe if this was the 80's and I was jumping over bridges, being chased in it by an army helicoper ... not on a race track ... in a game that I can only see rehashing what they have done before .. reminded me of PGR 4 with the rain and "realistic" puddles ... and that game is how many years old now?

Come on, Turn 10, with the budget they have over the guys & gals @ SMS should be doing a lot better - a LOT better - than this ..

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:18
I see. Pardon me. I can relate to that but considering they had so many (good) games to show I can understand that.

I was referring specifically to the Forza presentation clearly.

In my opinion, the presentation for Forza was underwhelming. The best bit for me was the Ford coming down at the start.

They've now confirmed no dynamic weather and not even baked weather on all tracks. They've now confirmed no dynamic time of day.

We're a cross platform game and we're closing in on a solid 60 FPS. This presentation has given me even more motivation to hit that locked 60 with EVERYTHING dynamic.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 19:20

comments section cracks me up: "Can't they get the 'cloud' to power 'the' clouds?"

Fanatest
15-06-2015, 19:20

In my opinion, the presentation for Forza was underwhelming. The best bit for me was the Ford coming down at the start.

They've now confirmed no dynamic weather and not even baked weather on all tracks. They've now confirmed no dynamic time of day.

We're a cross platform game and we're closing in on a solid 60 FPS. This presentation has given me even more motivation to hit that locked 60 with EVERYTHING dynamic.

There's still 1 thing that both Forza 5 and 6 can do, that PCars can't though Ian ;)

wraithsrike
15-06-2015, 19:22

Your do fella there's a lot of us on here that have faith in you and your team, now go show them how it's done.

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:22
There's still 1 thing that both Forza 5 and 6 can do, that PCars can't though Ian ;)

The power of the cloud?

Ahh, I think I know what you mean, 'Bundle' :)

gmspromo
15-06-2015, 19:25
You sure you're not confusing this with GT? Forza usually just puts the highest performing trim of a model in the game instead of every trim level like GT. There's 1 R34 in Forza and about 12 in GT

I'm just saying I don't particularly want to drive 50 different versions or different years of the same car ... like a 2013 Mustang or a 2015 mustang ... whooptie do. I also don't see the point of having people carriers like the BMW X5 or 10 different Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am on any race track with a corner when they are all like driving boats!
If that's your kinda thing, go you, looks like you will probably love Forza 6 ...

TheReaper GT
15-06-2015, 19:25
The power of the cloud?

I believe he is talking about drive a 1953 beetle at 250mph eating LMP1 prototypes on the mulsanne straight

Fanatest
15-06-2015, 19:28
The power of the cloud?

Nearly... :D
Forza 5 and 6 have "magic" technology sprinkled over them that PCars on XBOX doesn't :(

It's game changing... Literally the difference between a feeling of reality... and a game...

It's...

Its called "neutral" :boxing:

It's a technology that allows Forza gamers to put their car into neutral (using a H pattern shifter) and change gears :-O

PCars (on Xbox) still doesn't have this technology :( even after I've banged on about it for 7 god dam weeks ;)

My poor clutch and shifter think I'm ignoring them because of this! Home-wrecker :p Xx

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 19:31

Allow people to plaster their cars with pictures of genitalia and curse words? Open and close the trunk in "vista mode?" Create a 1000bhp ford pinto that would explode after a rl racing lap?(If it could actually get around the track without plowing into a wall) None of which I find particularly concerning. Fun sometimes sure, but not competition against a sim.

Edit:
"Its called "neutral""
Ahh nm then. :)

Anyway, not to make this another Forza v Pcars thread... How bout that controller? You've known about it for a solid hour now. Have you got it's functionality ready for patch 1.5 yet? :p

Don Ente
15-06-2015, 19:36
I'm just saying I don't particularly want to drive 50 different versions or different years of the same car ... like a 2013 Mustang or a 2015 mustang ... whooptie do. I also don't see the point of having people carriers like the BMW X5 or 10 different Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am on any race track with a corner when they are all like driving boats!
If that's your kinda thing, go you, looks like you will probably love Forza 6 ...
Finally!!! Someone else who "gets" it!!!

Two different games - each has aspects that will appeal *only* to a specific audience, and each has aspects that will appeal to everyone.

By the way... have you ever been on a track in a SUV? I have --- in a Cayenne Turbo S. It was a blast, and I (for one) *definitely* "see the point" in having such vehicles in a racing game.

- Don

KkDrummer
15-06-2015, 19:37

on the Xbox One? and more importantly, before Forza 6 comes out?

TheReaper GT
15-06-2015, 19:38
That controller looks delicious. Shop list just got a new top contender

Markeeez
15-06-2015, 19:39

I really think that all studios should stick to stock screenshots. I'm quite proud to say that all the screenies that went out for pCARS were from users, in-game and unadulterated.

Ok you're right, haha just watched the video and yeah.. them screenies do seem too good to be true, very glorified and bit of a lie.

I did like the puddle effect though, seeing a big puddle is quite cool.

gmspromo
15-06-2015, 19:41

Two different games - each has aspects that will appeal *only* to a specific audience, and each has aspects that will appeal to everyone.

By the way... have you ever been on a track in a SUV? I have --- in a Cayenne Turbo S. It was a blast, and I (for one) *definitely* "see the point" in having such vehicles in a racing game.

- Don

I note the sarcasm .. and I can appreciate it. As for the speech marks, you are one of "those people" who does "that thing" with their fingers representing speech marks when you talk aren't you ... aren't you ... yeah you know you are ... ;)

KkDrummer
15-06-2015, 19:41
overall, the conference was a killer...so many awesome games coming out this year plus all the other games to be shown in Gamescom in Germany. I am happy I got an Xbox One, future looks bright!

Don Ente
15-06-2015, 19:42

Ok you're right, haha just watched the video and yeah.. them screenies do seem too good to be true, very glorified and bit of a lie.
Forza has a Photomode... Is there some reason MS/Turn 10 should *not* release stock, in-game-created Photomode images?

- Don

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 19:43
Anyway, not to make this another Forza v Pcars thread... How bout that controller? You've known about it for a solid hour now. Have you got it's functionality ready for patch 1.5 yet? :p

see post 65

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:45
Nearly... :D
Forza 5 and 6 have a magic technology implemented into them that PCars on XBOX doesn't.

It's game changing!
Literally the difference between a feeling of reality... and a game...

Its called "neutral" ;)

It's a magic technology that allows Forza gamers to put their car in neutral (using a H pattern shifter)

PCars (on Xbox) still doesn't have this technology even after I've banged on about it for 7 god dam weeks :D ;) Xx

:-P

Oh you sneaky....

TheReaper GT
15-06-2015, 19:47
Forza has a Photomode... Is there some reason MS/Turn 10 should *not* release stock, in-game-created Photomode images?

- Don

Sorry Don but the screenshots on photo mode are one thing, use retouched images another. I like the Forza series as much as anyone who likes it but I can't stand the that kind of behavior. Both the images and videos that T10 has shown were edited and retouched and it become very clear after watch some of the gameplay vídeos.

yusupov
...whats this about a new controller?? i finally got an xb1 controller, now theyre replacing it w/ something way better??

AntonioR

Like I said, it was my error. I read your first post "backwards".
I shall wait for those 60FPS then.

Don Ente
15-06-2015, 19:48

- Don

I note the sarcasm .. and I can appreciate it. As for the speech marks, you are one of "those people" who does "that thing" with their fingers representing speech marks when you talk aren't you ... aren't you ... yeah you know you are ... ;)
I suppose could replace the asterisks and quote marks with bolded / italicized / colored text - but it got the point across.

So, now that you've responded with criticism of my forum posting style ( yes, I saw the smiley, and I'm including one here :) ) ... have you ever taken a SUV out on a track?

- Don

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:48
on the Xbox One? and more importantly, before Forza 6 comes out?

None of that is needed.

We're already ahead with fully dynamic weather, fully dynamic time of day, fully live responsive tracks with dynamic grip variations linked to weather, altitude, marbles, race line grip increase, time of day etc based on driver and AI paths. That plus 100 other things.

Regardless, even with all of the above, we'll hit 60 (we do already mostly).

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 19:49
...whats this about a new controller?? i finally got an xb1 controller, now theyre replacing it w/ something way better??

Xbox Elite Controller

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783211/microsoft-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller-announced-e3-2015

AdM1
15-06-2015, 19:49
Xbox Elite Controller

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/15/8783211/microsoft-xbox-one-elite-wireless-controller-announced-e3-2015

Looks bloody awesome.

Just came to post the same link lol.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 19:50
So, now that you've responded with criticism of my forum posting style ( yes, I saw the smiley, and I'm including one here :) ) ... have you ever taken a SUV out on a track?

- Don

Is there a racing series for SUV's ? Nope didnt think so ... ;)

TheReaper GT

Ian Bell

I did like the puddle effect though, seeing a big puddle is quite cool.

No sensible racing track on earth would allow a 'puddle' like that to form on the track. They're all cambered and drained to ensure rain runs off.

yusupov
15-06-2015, 19:52
yeahhh im gonna want that :) at least its not till the fall so i dont look like a total dummy...hope its not premium priced

AntonioR
15-06-2015, 19:52
I suppose could replace the asterisks and quote marks with bolded / italicized / colored text - but it got the point across.

- Don

I did some Autocross with an SUV (diesel Juke, I know..., I know) and it was pretty boring. The car was uber crap for track driving. A Porsche Macan could be different though. Doubt it will be as good as 911.

Markeeez
15-06-2015, 19:53
True true. :angel:

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 19:53
Like I said, it was my error. I read your first post "backwards".
I shall wait for those 60FPS then.

Well, you have it for 95% of the time already. It's coming fairly solid in a few weeks :)

You almost, sort of in an undertone way, sound like you don't want it? That would be strange.

EMW Simmo
15-06-2015, 19:55
Exactly why would a racetrack have 3D puddles lol, the race would be stopped lol...Forza are really strugglin, maybe thats why they added so many suv's :).

gmspromo
15-06-2015, 19:56

- Don

Nope ... but I watched Jeremy Clarkson try to make a Renault Avantime go fast around a track by throwing wings on it and everything ... looked like fun, but completely pointless ... much like driving something similar in Forza :D

EMW Simmo
15-06-2015, 19:57
Forza have officially lost the plot.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 19:59
No sensible racing track on earth would allow a 'puddle' like that to form on the track. They're all cambered and drained to ensure rain runs off.

It looks like they are trying to make a "Point" that they have weather ... its off the racing line but like you say ... its dumb ...

Fanatest
15-06-2015, 19:59
Oh you sneaky....

Sorry... I just had to :triumphant:

In all fairness, I'm actually rather surprised that they didn't manage to achieve what you and the team have.

As a first party studio, with access to more money, more resources (potentially upcoming API changes/developments) and a second external organisation licensing (and sharing) their technology with them... they STILL couldn't do it!

It's a fascinating scenario, and from a personal perspective appears very impressive and truly reveals the strengths of the SMS team.

I'm honestly taken aback that the Goliath couldn't match you!
What a formidable team you have there Ian!
Congrats ;) Xx

AntonioR
15-06-2015, 20:01
Well, you have it for 95% of the time already. It's coming fairly solid in a few weeks :)

You almost, sort of in an undertone way, sound like you don't want it? That would be strange.

I want 60FPS Chewbacca :P

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:02
I want 60FPS Chewbacca :P

We're close, very close and we will be there.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 20:06

We going to have an EA thread or carry on here ?

Need for Speed is being announced ...

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:06
We going to have an EA thread or carry on here ?

Need for Speed is being announced ...

They aren't our competition.

Here's more 'guessing'.

They have a single time of day (night) and they work the hell out of that single look.

From what I've seen it looks fantastic. You pick your battles....

LADY GEMMA JANE
15-06-2015, 20:09
I cannot wait for forza 6 and nfs awesome !

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 20:11
Xbox Elite Controller confirmed for an October release at $150

Microsoft's press conference included the unveiling of a surprising new piece of hardware: a "pro" Xbox One controller coming to stores in October. The new Xbox Elite Controller earns its classification—though perhaps not its $150 price tag—with a huge number of tweaks and options.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/microsoft-unveils-new-xbox-one-elite-controller-and-weve-held-it/

Lets see if that translates to about £100

Im surprised its October though, I thought they would want it out for Forza 6 ...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

yusupov
15-06-2015, 20:13
wait $150 for that??? pffft ill get some load cell pedals instead thx..

Pink_650S
15-06-2015, 20:17
It was a very good conference from Microsoft :)
Making the XB1 backwards compatible is a huge thing!
I hope Sony can surprise me as well :)

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 20:17
No update on the UK side of Xbox.com yet ...

$150 isnt too bad though as you get the modification parts too, A "Normal" controller in the US is $65

Dorny
15-06-2015, 20:23
Woo that's Forza 6 out of the way and they have done as I expected, now I wonder if GT7 will show its face on Sony's conference, now here is a game that could make SMS sweat a bit. But again they might just do GT6 again.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the whole Microsoft conference, hololens was interesting as its a peek into the future of interactive media. And that new game Recore I think its called by the people who made Metroid Prime. But other than that nothing grabbed me.

LADY GEMMA JANE
15-06-2015, 20:25
Xbox Elite controller looks cool, I don't think I will buy it tho,
I'm happy with the standard one

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 20:32
I was gonna guess $199, you know in light of the whole Logitech G29 thing.

My "gaming buddy" (owns EVERY system) said 2x the price of a normal controller so he knows better than me.

Phishfinger
15-06-2015, 20:43

Hence the delayed start of the F1 at Circuit of the Americas.

I still think Forza will be a good driving game and I wil get it for the variety of cars and rivals mode, but it will be strange buying a driving game knowing that it won't drive as well as your current one.

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 20:47
Hence the delayed start of the F1 at Circuit of the Americas.

I still think Forza will be a good driving game and I wil get it for the variety of cars and rivals mode, but it will be strange buying a driving game knowing that it won't drive as well as your current one.

Yes, a Tilke track :)

Brands is the point here though.

Kingleo
15-06-2015, 20:48
I was gonna guess $199, you know in light of the whole Logitech G29 thing.

My "gaming buddy" (owns EVERY system) said 2x the price of a normal controller so he knows better than me.

And your are not getting any "NEW" gaming buttons. The 4 paddles on the back are just remapped A,B,X,Y

Phishfinger
15-06-2015, 20:52
Yes, a Tilke track :)

Brands is the point here though.

Ah I just mean't they didn't let them race. I think the puddle formed there in freak circumstances after falling off the bridge in one go, if it was from rain it would probably drain as you say. I don't know if it even rains that much in Texas, it's probably not something they need to worry about as much as we do here ;)

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 20:55
I don't know if it even rains that much in Texas, it's probably not something they need to worry about as much as we do here ;)
You obviously don't know Texas very well (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/14/us/texas-tropical-storm-threat/)

(feel sorry for those guys, it's been a "biblical" year for them, people have died)

Phishfinger
15-06-2015, 21:02
You obviously don't know Texas very well (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/14/us/texas-tropical-storm-threat/)

(feel sorry for those guys, it's been a "biblical" year for them, people have died)

Obviously not lol, though I am a Dual Citizen of the UK and USA I've only spent time on and around Long Island and been to LA once. Oh and I don't want to leave out the Amish, I went to Pennsylvania once and did Hershey Land etc, boy do they have a lot of corn. Anyway, back to X box...

They mentioned performance boosts for the old games, any guesses as to how much they will, or theoretically can improve? There must be a limit as they were designed for the old hardware and I don't know how they'd be able to make full use of the Xbox1?

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 21:16
And your are not getting any "NEW" gaming buttons. The 4 paddles on the back are just remapped A,B,X,Y

Dissapointing that they aren't extra function and are just remaps. Still though they will make certain button combos more comfortable. The $150 i assume is msrp so hoping that means closer to $100 retail but since its an official product that may not be the case. I'll probably still get one just for the improved feel and other extras but $100 would certainly be a more attractive price point.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 21:19
Hmm well I thought we were getting an extra 4 buttons ... My mind has changed in a split second !

No go for me, just the Hololens I want then !!

bc525
15-06-2015, 21:27
Okay help me out for a minute, what are you guys seeing that's making the Elite Controller so appealing? Is it the new paddle buttons on the underside of the controller?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I'm not really seeing anything with the Elite Controller that jumps out at me. I'll most likely just stay with my original controller.

Neil Hopwood
15-06-2015, 21:29

Ahh, CNN. Possibly catastrophic... its not even a tropical storm (yet). Tropical storm Allison... now that was catastrophic. The only time named tropical storm has had a name retired. $9 Billion in damages.

We get more rain in Houston per year than Seattle (which is know for its rain). Difference is we get it in huge downpours rather than spread out.

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 21:45
E
Okay help me out for a minute, what are you guys seeing that's making the Elite Controller so appealing? Is it the new paddle buttons on the underside of the controller?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I'm not really seeing anything with the Elite Controller that jumps out at me. I'll most likely just stay with my original controller.

Improved coating, customizable response curves for sticks and triggers, steel components and stick shafts (should move more smoothly as well as more durable), improved longevity and reduced wear on internal components and overall increased weight and improved feel. And ofc the rear paddles which may be more usefull in some games than others. COD for example you wont need to take a thumb off the right stick in order to activate functions normally assigned to the ABXY buttons.

Robbo-92
15-06-2015, 21:46
Woo that's Forza 6 out of the way and they have done as I expected, now I wonder if GT7 will show its face on Sony's conference, now here is a game that could make SMS sweat a bit. But again they might just do GT6 again.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the whole Microsoft conference, hololens was interesting as its a peek into the future of interactive media. And that new game Recore I think its called by the people who made Metroid Prime. But other than that nothing grabbed me.

Retro Studios (makers of Metroid Prime series) are apparently appearing at E3, I'm hoping they're going to announce Metroid Prime 4 for Wii U though....

madmax2069
15-06-2015, 22:50
I wasnt really all that impressed with Microsoft's conference. The only thing that excited me was mod support, and maybe backwards compatibility (everyone know how well backwards compatibility went on the 360).

Ayepocalypse
15-06-2015, 23:00

Is PCars on Xbox One 1080p?

madmax2069
15-06-2015, 23:04

No.

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 23:04

Ian was referring to 60fps ...

girlracerTracey
15-06-2015, 23:06
E

Improved coating, customizable response curves for sticks and triggers, steel components and stick shafts (should move more smoothly as well as more durable), improved longevity and reduced wear on internal components and overall increased weight and improved feel. And ofc the rear paddles which may be more usefull in some games than others. COD for example you wont need to take a thumb off the right stick in order to activate functions normally assigned to the ABXY buttons.

All for a price of course. The $ 149 price tag stipulated in some online articles does not include taxes.. So I guess retail price for example in the U.K. could be really quite high.

My opinion? It looks interesting but will it in reality be that much better than my SharQ xbox one controller or my Scuf xbox one controller (both with rear mounted paddles) when combined with my CronusMax device that allows button/trigger remapping and sensitivity adjustments anyway..? Also with the SharQ guys if you send them your controller to be modified it works out significantly cheaper than the cost of an Elite..no contest.

I won't personally be rushing out to buy one at full price tbh. Also with CronusMax I can "hot-swap" controllers between different consoles with ease. Different racing games suit different controllers I have found..sometimes I use my SharQ xbox 360 over my SharQ xbox one and sometimes my SharQ DS4 gives me what I need..

I would be very interested to try an Elite out though. I wonder how it might compare?

Potentially sobering news long-term for Scuf Gaming & SharQ controllers though I reckon.

grT

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 23:17
My opinion? It looks interesting but will it in reality be that much better than my SharQ xbox one controller or my Scuf xbox one controller (both with rear mounted paddles) when combined with my CronusMax device that allows button/trigger remapping and sensitivity adjustments anyway..?

grT

I was looking at a Scuf controller but buying one of those I would be at £130 sooo I shall wait and see how the Elite matches up in Price

Ian Bell
15-06-2015, 23:20

4k actually.

z3r0cool77
15-06-2015, 23:23
I'd pay $100 just for the steel components and the configurable sensitivity curves. The paddles and higher quality electronics are icing. If $150 are just estimates then I wouldnt be suprised to see $125 in reality. Thats twice the cost of a standard and MS do actually want expect ppl to buy them. Much more than that and they wont see enough sales to make it worth it.

girlracerTracey
15-06-2015, 23:24
I was looking at a Scuf controller but buying one of those I would be at £130 sooo I shall wait and see how the Elite matches up in Price

My advice, if you have a decent one already, is to use Scuf's or SharQ's "send-away" service. If you are in the U.K. by doing this you can undercut the cost of a new off the shelf Scuf controller by a huge margin. It depends what you want.. I had a single SharQ fin put on an xbox one controller for about £ 23 I think it was.. When I race on motogp I only have use really for one paddle. Two paddles would be about £ 35 I think from memory. Scuf are more expensive and no better at all from my personal experience. Scuf trade on their name quite a bit I think.

grT

girlracerTracey
15-06-2015, 23:28
I'd pay $100 just for the steel components and the configurable sensitivity curves. The paddles and higher quality electronics are icing. If $150 are just estimates then I wouldnt be suprised to see $125 in reality. Thats twice the cost of a standard and MS do actually want expect ppl to buy them. Much more than that and they wont see enough sales to make it worth it.

Yeah $125 retail would be amazing value I have to say. I'd buy one for that I think if I had the money. But I would want to test one first I think if possible..

grT

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 23:29
When I race on motogp I only have use really for one paddle. Two paddles would be about £ 35 I think from memory

grT

Used to play GP then Milestone took over ...

I would have both triggers done (Gear shifting on the back instead of X and B) its an idea, I would end up buying a controller as I only have the one (still on my first controller)

So its worth waiting to see the price of the Elite just in case

Thanks for the info though, I didnt know that !

cornishbrooksy
15-06-2015, 23:37
Just catching up on the news this morning due to stupid conference times here.

All i can say is congrats to SMS.....FM6 is going to be the first game that should be compared to PCars (FM5 was launch so im not counting that), and for me PCars is one step ahead of the game right now.....45 cars on track and with fully dynamic weather/ToD.
I think its still massively underestimated what SMS have achieved here.

I will still get and play the hell out of FM6, i love Forza, but you just get the sense that the tides are changing.
However i don't doubt the huge effort it takes to get 450 cars in with the depth of modification you can do.....and at release you are hard pressed to find any bugs in the game.....but PCArs has a solid starting platform now and is destined for greatness.

girlracerTracey
15-06-2015, 23:50
I will still get and play the hell out of FM6, i love Forza, but you just get the sense that the tides are changing.
However i don't doubt the huge effort it takes to get 450 cars in with the depth of modification you can do.....and at release you are hard pressed to find any bugs in the game.....but PCArs has a solid starting platform now and is destined for greatness.

I must be one of the few ppl on this forum who has never played Forza..I'm sort of intrigued to know what Forza is like tbh. Trouble is for me that after Project CARS I just have this feeling that if I bought Forza it might gather a bit of dust whilst I carried on with my steep learning curve on Project CARS.. For me Project CARS is "pressing all the right buttons" and is really just what I want from a car racing simulation game. It's GTR2 brought up to date for me which is a game I still love & play quite a lot. Maybe I should give Forza a go though? Decisions, decisions..beer vouchers versus racing games and all that. :friendly_wink:

grT

BDR Daz
15-06-2015, 23:52
Back Compat

"We are including the whole First Party Catalog"

WOHOO eBay here I come for Forza 4 !!

cornishbrooksy
16-06-2015, 00:25
I must be one of the few ppl on this forum who has never played Forza..I'm sort of intrigued to know what Forza is like tbh. Trouble is for me that after Project CARS I just have this feeling that if I bought Forza it might gather a bit of dust whilst I carried on with my steep learning curve on Project CARS.. For me Project CARS is "pressing all the right buttons" and is really just what I want from a car racing simulation game. It's GTR2 brought up to date for me which is a game I still love & play quite a lot. Maybe I should give Forza a go though? Decisions, decisions..beer vouchers versus racing games and all that. :friendly_wink:

grT

Its still a great game, and enjoyable to play.....especially near the beginning...i find once i get to about 25% complete though it becomes a bit of a grind and i struggle to pick it up again.
But i love the range of cars they have, and it "feels" good to play while looking pretty at the same time.

jason
16-06-2015, 00:31
Go Hard Ian (SMS ) push your team to make those bullet points happen for your game and the people who enjoy playing it .

jason
16-06-2015, 00:32
Push Harder please :cool:

bc525
16-06-2015, 00:33
LMAO!

B FIFE22
16-06-2015, 00:59

grT

The racing in Forza isn't quite as close or intense as PCars, and it has less of a learning curve for the physics, but is still a lot of fun to drive. You have hundreds of cars to upgrade, paint and tune and collect. So if the collecting/customizing aspect appeals to you, you will most likely love it. But if having an authentic style race weekend with P,Q,R is what matters most, PCars will most likely suit you better.

Forza's also have more polish and rock solid framerate/performance when compared to PCars

BDR Daz
16-06-2015, 01:01
Time for the Sony Conference ... Wow this is having as much action on today as we had at the Le Mans over the weekend !!

And they start with a song that goes, "Here we, Here we, Here we f***** go!!" awesome !

Dorny
16-06-2015, 01:51
OMG Final Fantasy 7 Remake, The last guardian and Shenmue 3!!!!!

AdM1
16-06-2015, 02:17
MUCH EXCITE!!

stux
16-06-2015, 02:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=120&v=K9_jHalh4JM

Forza has a pretty awesome camera screen shot mode. Enter it mid game and take a press shot quality screenshot. Then it's in-game footage.

Add an equivalent to pcars if you want ;)

MillsLayne
16-06-2015, 03:23
It says 'Play it first on PS4', which tells me that it'll come to other platforms later on. Can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELUk0XxPrM

BDR Daz
16-06-2015, 03:26
It says 'Play it first on PS4', which tells me that it'll come to other platforms later on. Can't wait!

Yup like most titles its a "Times" Exclusive ...

KkDrummer
16-06-2015, 09:20
I am happy I got myself an Xbox One...bunch of awesome games, still with Gamescom to come in August (they will show the other 3 big games MS will bring next year plus new ones!) and the new Windows 10 dashboard with Cortana looks sweet too!

TrevorAustin
16-06-2015, 10:02
My personal view on the backwards compatibility is what a kick in the head!

If I still had my XBOX one I would be even more angry than the fringe representatives on this forum. So I've just sold my 7 year old 360, with 40+ games, for £125 on ebay as they will never work on the Xone, and 3 months later they are all usable again. I would be raging!

Luckily I haven't so I can admire the work and thank God it doesn't matter any more:)

Ian Bell
16-06-2015, 10:26
I missed the Sony conf guys. Was there anything on GT?

Pink_650S
16-06-2015, 10:47

No!
But Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Last Guardian and Shenmue 3!!! :eek: :eek:
The guys on the livestream l watched were going nuts ;)

l think GT7 is something for TGS this year.

stux
16-06-2015, 10:49

Nice summary : http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-every-announcement-from-sonys-e3-2015-press-conference

Luckily I have an Xb1 as absolutely nothing on that list interests me

oscarolim
16-06-2015, 11:20

Yeah. Big fat silence. Is PD you're talking about mate. PCars 3 will come out first, most likely.
They are still working on that track editor for GT6...

Bealdor
16-06-2015, 11:28
They are still working on that track editor for GT6...

You Sir owe me a new keyboard because I just spat my coffee all over it! :eagerness:

kc76
16-06-2015, 12:21
One thing I did like in Forza 6 was the raindrops moving ! Not sure what performance impact that would have on the game engine in Pcars but would be nice !

DIXON76
16-06-2015, 15:12
So....when will PCars be finished again? lol. it is finished, its just not complete, #amiright

Aldo Zampatti
16-06-2015, 15:14
And it won't be completed for a long time. New content will come in the future guaranteed

DIXON76
16-06-2015, 15:31
My plan is to play F6 multiplayer until Pcars gets to the same stability level, replay options etc, i expect lots of X1 racing league's will be doing the same thing, i havent had 1 decent multiplayer race on Pcars yet with over 4 people involved.

BDR Daz
16-06-2015, 15:33
My plan is to play F6 multiplayer until Pcars gets to the same stability level, replay options etc, i expect lots of X1 racing league's will be doing the same thing, i havent had 1 decent multiplayer race on Pcars yet with over 4 people involved.

Your plan is flawed as you have to do a butt tonne of Single Player to unlock all the cars you want to race ... Just like every other Forza

DIXON76
16-06-2015, 15:36
Erm Daz i've played all the forza's and never had a problem, i shall bet with you that tora, turn do most of there racing on F6. :)

Sonic6L
16-06-2015, 15:39
Your plan is flawed as you have to do a butt tonne of Single Player to unlock all the cars you want to race ... Just like every other Forza

I'm sure they're unlocked from the start.

CPU M Rossi
16-06-2015, 15:46
the last Forza with locked cars was Forza 2 from Forza 3 forward all you needed to do was earn the $
now I do disagree with Forza 5's rent a car thing where you only earn money with a car you own

oscarolim
16-06-2015, 15:50

Wut? With the rewards, you can get up to 25 million credits. That should be enough to keep you busy.

BDR Daz
16-06-2015, 16:47
Well the Nintendo conference is .... Boring !!

dustyjo
16-06-2015, 18:39
I have to wonder how the hell they're going to make Shenmue 3 with the budget they asked for. Shenmue 1 cost $47 million to make, and that was back in 1999.

dustyjo
16-06-2015, 18:40

Yeah it definitely wasn't as good as it was last year. I guess you can't have Reggie vs Iwata every year though.

Kingleo
16-06-2015, 19:41

almost as bad as the sony one... you gotta feel bad for them.

OrenIshii BE
17-06-2015, 07:26
Backwards compat works a treat for me (preview member)
just fired up Battleblock Theater yesterday :P
Only a shame it's a rather small selection atm, but will grow over time.

On the xbox conference:
excited about the backward compat, the elite controller.
also the new xbox one experience looks really good. guess that'll be the windows 10 upgrade for the one!
As for games, that recore looks interesting :D
Other games like halo 5 gears 4 and forza 6 all look good, but didn't tickle me much atm (because my game time is so low now with a baby boy)

The best from E3 so far:
FALLOUT 4
pipboy edition
smartphone app for pipboy, altho not for windows phone damn it
smartphone game SHELTER, disappointed it was only iOS, again hoping windows phone would also have it

justonce68
17-06-2015, 08:08
Nice looking controller, I bet Scuff are crying into their cornflakes this morning

Sonic6L
17-06-2015, 09:26
Wut? With the rewards, you can get up to 25 million credits. That should be enough to keep you busy.

Exactly! Across 4 FM games I've made 30million plus credits just by the rewards program. 15million made in FM5.

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 16:17

I'll hold you to that sir ;) just don't let it kill you!

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 16:27
Do, heh heh. Patch 1.5 in a couple weeks Ian?

Give it a rest Nissan.

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 16:41
Give it a rest Nissan.

You took that completely the wrong way Ian. Just trying to get a lead on patch 1.5. Not to mention that I worded it wrong.