PDA

View Full Version : Dismantle PS4 controller

Fat Sav
15-06-2015, 17:26
I spilt some beer on my controller and i have sticky buttons. Now i don't have a problem taking things to bits.......It's putting them back together i struggle with..:)

So has anyone had one to pieces and put it all back together again......I imagine it's like a swiss watch inside with springs and buttons popping out all over the place.

PureMalt77
15-06-2015, 17:30
Check iFixit! My best source to tear down just about anything!!!

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/DualShock_4

Fat Sav
15-06-2015, 17:43
Nice one, that gives me the confidence to tackle the job, looks like the top bit comes off first giving me access to the buttons to clean.

That site will be going in my favourites..;)

Vic Flange
15-06-2015, 20:38
I spilt some beer on my controller and i have sticky buttons. Now i don't have a problem taking things to bits.......It's putting them back together i struggle with..:)

So has anyone had one to pieces and put it all back together again......I imagine it's like a swiss watch inside with springs and buttons popping out all over the place.

I've taken mine apart to replace the R2 button (there have been a LOT of breakages). It is quite tricky to prise it apart at first and beware of the springs on the triggers flying out. You have to kind of tilt to seperate the two halves.
It isn't too difficult but does require patience.

WingedBeast1968
15-06-2015, 20:56
Shouldn't drink and drive dude! :)

KK78
15-06-2015, 22:03

Yeah they come apart pretty easy, I've replaced sticks a few times, the one thing to be really careful with is the small strip for the touch pad is very delicate and needs to be reattached carefully as it's easy to put it back together only to find that strip is not connected properly