PDA

View Full Version : T500RS Developed New Problem After Patch 1.04 (PS4)

Gaz B 007
15-06-2015, 19:25
Okay, so I downloaded the patch and figured I do some racing but my wheel was not being recognized by the game. At first, I didn't think too much of it, just thought it was 'one of those things' so I switched it off. Next day, same thing, the game will only show a DS4 as a controller and can't find my T500.
I was starting to worry thinking my wheel was broken so I tested it with DriveClub... Worked perfectly fine.
So I then hooked it up to the PC and tested it with iRacing... Works again, perfect.
Back to Project CARS on PS4... Won't detect the wheel at all.
I tried unplugging, checking USB connection, checking cables weren't damaged, checking for new TM firmware... etc.
It's really starting to annoy me now as I haven't been able to play since the patch. I guess I was one of the lucky ones before the patch as I rarely had issues with my wheel at all, apart from re-centering the wheel a few times that's about the worst I've had. Some players have had way more problems than me. But now after the patch my wheel doesn't work at all.
Is this happening to anyone else?... because I can't find anyone having the same problem. And does anyone know anything else I can try to fix it?
It's so annoying!
Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

UPDATE: (20/6/15) There is a reply in this thread where I state the problem is rectified by using a PS3 to make the T500 compatible in P-Cars (PS4). This option is no longer working and i'm now back to square one. The T500 once again works on EVERY other game I've tried it with on PS4, PS3 and PC, but P-Cars on PS4... nothing. Still waiting for a fix or some kind of acknowledgement from SMS & TM regarding this issue. I've contacted both companies but have been ignored by each of them. I guess they've never heard of customer service.

Benja190782
15-06-2015, 19:33
Did you start up the console without ever using the controller?

Gaz B 007
15-06-2015, 19:42
Did you start up the console without ever using the controller?

Yeah i tried both with and without using the DS4... same problem though. Just tried it again before replying to you... still won't detect the wheel.

tntcbag
15-06-2015, 19:53
The PS4 will resume the last game you were playing by default. Try going out to the main menu, with Project Cars selected hit Options and select close application. Then make sure the wheel is connected and start Project Cars. I was having that issue from day one with the T500, doing this fixed it. There's also an option for the PS4 to not resume the last app automatically.

zennmeister
15-06-2015, 20:49
Don't quote me but I read somewhere that some people speculate that there may be conflicts on a few systems between the ds4 and t500 while both are active.
In any case, their workaround was to turn on the console with the switch on the ps4 and start PCars via voice command. You can turn on the ds4 later to close the game. Might be worth a test.

WingedBeast1968
15-06-2015, 20:55
That used to work for me, but doesn't anymore :(

JeyD02
15-06-2015, 20:57
correction. It's patch 1.4

Gaz B 007
15-06-2015, 21:08
Still no result guys, but thanks for all your ideas.

zennmeister
15-06-2015, 21:27
Then burn it. Burn it all !!
:mad: :mad:

jason
15-06-2015, 22:30
This issue seems to be popping up now , that's 2 people who cant use there t500 that I know off .......

DJBLITZKRIEG
16-06-2015, 14:17
thats rotten, Ive always had issues with the T500. Not centering correctly to actual faults with the hardware. Im tossing up whether I should buy a new one or a Fanatec.

tmitch45
16-06-2015, 15:10
As I've mentioned my t500 is still playing up big time. It goes crazy after I finish a race, sometime it does this at the start of a race and I'm also experiencing sudden loss of all FFB at the start line and the wheel pulling to one side. I just don't understand why this well acknowledged fault (as of day one on the thrustmaster website and here) wasn't fixed in patch 1.4?

I've asked politely now in a number of threads but no one seems to reply or acknowledge me??

LordDRIFT
16-06-2015, 16:37
User error

Gaz B 007
16-06-2015, 18:21
As I've mentioned my t500 is still playing up big time. It goes crazy after I finish a race, sometime it does this at the start of a race and I'm also experiencing sudden loss of all FFB at the start line and the wheel pulling to one side. I just don't understand why this well acknowledged fault (as of day one on the thrustmaster website and here) wasn't fixed in patch 1.4?

I've asked politely now in a number of threads but no one seems to reply or acknowledge me??

People probably don't know what the problem is. It seems at the moment that Thrustmaster and SMS don't know for sure either.
A friend of mine has found a fix for my problem which I'll explain in a new post.

Gaz B 007
16-06-2015, 18:41
Ok, so it seems a buddy of mine has got me back up and running... for now. Not sure whether this is a permanent fix to my issue or whether it will just work every now and then.
I told my friend of the problem, he says bring your wheel around to his house and we can see if he has the same issue using his PS4. We connected it all up and it was the same result as at my house. So he asks if I've tried it with GT6 on PS3, which I didn't, I tested with DriveClub and iRacing. After connecting to his PS3 we run GT6 was working fine just like the other games. So then we hooked straight back up to the PS4 and what do ya know... Project Cars now finds the wheel. Why? I have no idea.

Back at my house I connected to PS4 and it can't find the wheel again. At this point I was ready to scream. I did the same as we did earlier by connecting to a PS3 then back to PS4... the wheel now shows up in Project Cars. I just don't get why. I mean why a PS3 then it works? Granted I didn't test it with my PS3 before my buddy suggested it but I did test it on PC. I'd advise anyone having this issue to try the same thing if you still have a PS3. Whether or not this fix works all the time I have no clue. At the time I mounted the wheel back at home I didn't have the time to sit down and do any racing, so, now the test will be whether Project Cars can still detect the wheel the next time I go racing which will probably be tomorrow.

Switching to a PS3 has now made the wheel detectable in Project Cars on PS4 in two households using two different PS3's so it can't be a coincidence, can it? What difference this could possibly make I'm not sure, but as long as I know I can still use the wheel, I can deal with it, for now. But fixes need to happen asap for wheels on Project Cars as it's ruining the experience for many of us. If I have anymore problems I'll post more.

Cheers to all of you who tried to help! You guys rock.

tmitch45
16-06-2015, 19:09
User error

How can it be user error please explain?

LordDRIFT
16-06-2015, 20:05
How can it be user error please explain?
See above. But basically it's a handshaking issue. Out of the box my wheel did the same thing. If ds4 was initially the primary in game there is a sequence of events needed for the TM to be recognized. I tried different combos to unlock I just don't remember which one eventually works. Basically don't blame the patch for this.

Sankyo
16-06-2015, 20:10
See above. But basically it's a handshaking issue. Out of the box my wheel did the same thing. If ds4 was initially the primary in game there is a sequence of events needed for the TM to be recognized. I tried different combos to unlock I just don't remember which one eventually works. Basically don't blame the patch for this.
But given that the user isn't doing any hand shaking with the wheel or PS4, how is it a user error?

Gaz B 007
16-06-2015, 20:23
But given that the user isn't doing any hand shaking with the wheel or PS4, how is it a user error?

Thanks for that. ;) He must of missed the part where I said it's also been tried without a regular controller.

LordDRIFT
16-06-2015, 20:36

Handshaking between wheel and the system . He said the ds4 was showing in the menu which means the wheel was disconnected , lost sync , and a ds4 was subsequently connected or defaulted as the primary. The user has to apply the sequence .. I'm saying is not patch related.. am I wrong?

theguardian45
16-06-2015, 20:51
After the download patch 1.04, my steering wheel wil not find on project cars. Before the update. It works 100℅ i have tried many things but nothings helps.

It looks ther is a foult in de patch for some steeringwheels.

Gaz B 007
16-06-2015, 21:10
After the download patch 1.04, my steering wheel wil not find on project cars. Before the update. It works 100℅ i have tried many things but nothings helps.

It looks ther is a foult in de patch for some steeringwheels.

That's the exact same problem. Mine too worked 100% before the update, only after the download I started to get problems (not including the calibration issues I had before, but they are an easy fix so it didn't really bother me).

copes24
16-06-2015, 22:06
I have no problem connecting the T500 but the "improved" FFB that came with the patch is pretty unplayable for me. Some cars have little feel and big deadzone. Others like formula A are stiff around the centre and are making the wheel rattle.

Equation
18-06-2015, 08:37
Wheel goes to the maxium position problem doen't fully exit with patch 1.4. Yesterday I wanted play Brands Hatch with car Lotus 49 Cosworth V8. After loading wheel to the maxium position. It switch off my wheel and plug in again. Wheel to the maxium position. I exit race wheel go back to normal. I start free practice again, same thing but slower so I take wheel and try go to track but driving doens't work very good. Feels like theres is rusty gear inside wheel.

jason
18-06-2015, 09:07
Copes and equation you guys need. To spend some time playing with in game settings for your wheel .

Too heavy drop force feed back , tyre strength a little . The if it's still to heavy or light drop or raise my scale

I have Ffb on 60 , tyre on 100 in turn I have mz scale very low so that the wheel isn't notchy or centre spring isn't to heavy .
What I'm doing may not be what I'm supposed to be doing but it feels good to me .... It may help
Oh my mz scale depending on car ends up @ 10 sometimes

Equation
18-06-2015, 09:22
Copes and equation you guys need. To spend some time playing with in game settings for your wheel .

That what happened to me was bug. That bug is in the game from release.

Cohenpur
18-06-2015, 15:24
That what happened to me was bug. That bug is in the game from release.

Hi guys
How i can fix the same problem if i dont have PS3?
Thanks

Cohenpur
18-06-2015, 15:26
Hi guys
Thanks

The progect cars not showing my wheel in the game and i dosent have PS4
BR

copes24
18-06-2015, 21:32

Too heavy drop force feed back , tyre strength a little . The if it's still to heavy or light drop or raise my scale

I have Ffb on 60 , tyre on 100 in turn I have mz scale very low so that the wheel isn't notchy or centre spring isn't to heavy .
What I'm doing may not be what I'm supposed to be doing but it feels good to me .... It may help
Oh my mz scale depending on car ends up @ 10 sometimes

It's frustrating because the defaults before the patch were ok. Not great but usable and could easily be tweaked.

Now they have clipping and are lot less refined and need to be totally reworked. I don't really have the time to tune FFB for each car. Then there's also the setup saving bug to contend with..

I see people are having similar problems on PC and Ian Bell said there is a fix on the way. Hopefully we will get that fix on PS4 too. I'm not going to bother playing this for now.

jason
18-06-2015, 23:40
copes24 .... It is frustrating investing so much time tweeking the wheel settings, playing a completely unstable game with a unstable wheel to boot....... I may do the same thing , if its anything like drive club we may as well put it down for 6 months or so :(

Ah well ..... this gens (developers ) are not being kind to people who enjoy car games ....on the ps4 at least :(

Gaz B 007
20-06-2015, 10:18
Hi guys
Thanks

Don't worry about not having a PS3, this option is no longer working for me. It worked twice... that's it. Now the game cant find the wheel yet again.

I'm getting really irritated with this now, it's unacceptable and embarrassment to the game with how many problems it has.
Over 300+ for the wheel, then another 40+ for the game... and you can't use them together, great.

Get your s**t together SMS and TM! If the game is not ready for release... then DON'T release it until it is.

prydgren
17-07-2015, 22:25
Same problem for me as described by previous posts. The wheel worked the very first day. Second day, no more. I updated firmware to the latest version, no difference. The wheel works with Windows.

I tried uninstalling the software, install again and drive before the patch was uploaded, but the wheel is not working. So it seems like it is a state that Project Cars put the wheel in and then never resets it back from. Not sure what to do. Throw the game out or wait a little bit...

PeO.

Gaz B 007
21-07-2015, 18:56
Same problem for me as described by previous posts. The wheel worked the very first day. Second day, no more. I updated firmware to the latest version, no difference. The wheel works with Windows.

I tried uninstalling the software, install again and drive before the patch was uploaded, but the wheel is not working. So it seems like it is a state that Project Cars put the wheel in and then never resets it back from. Not sure what to do. Throw the game out or wait a little bit...

PeO.

My wheel has just started to work again today! I just tried it on the off chance that it would work after I downloaded the new dlc track. I have changed nothing, everything is the same as it was on day 1 of me reporting this issue. I checked to see if there was an update/patch that had been downloaded but from what I can see there doesn't appear to be anything. Is it possible the game was hot fixed without the need for a patch to prepare for the new dlc?... Not sure, but all I know is my wheel is working again after soooooo long and that's all I care about.

Markeeez
21-07-2015, 20:58
I just bought the T500rs and was not recognised atall by project cars so far, just has the DS4. Worked on f1 2015 straight away, will try again tomorrow but i tried everything. Very annoyed that it didnt work as i paid ALOT of money for the wheel but hope it gets sorted.

Gaz B 007
22-07-2015, 14:43
I know it doesn't help much but I'd just keep trying and wait it out... that's what I did, and somehow it started working again after I got the dlc yesterday.
I know how frustrating it is as I was without my wheel on Project Cars for around 5 weeks which is unacceptable after not only paying for the game but also for the wheel and pedals. I'm guessing you have tried everything listed in this thread and are still having issues so there's not much else I can say to help you.
Hopefully your not in for as long a wait as I had before it works again.

LordDRIFT
22-07-2015, 16:13
Back to change my tune. I'm sitting out patch 2.0 because I haven't been able to move from car setup (mainly ffb) to join a race. Pair that with the reduced helmet cam exposure and all the "fixes" that aren't fixed, I've decided to wait for the next patch. This game is a giant waste of my time. The last time I sat down to play I spent 3 hours fiddling with FFB that I had perfected prior to 2.0 and just switched off in disgust without even entering a race. What's wrong with this picture? That was over a week ago. Now I know how the PC users felt after patch 1.4 about their ffb issues.

LordDRIFT
22-07-2015, 16:14
just posting to get rid of mark of the beast...

Gaz B 007
28-07-2015, 14:32
One things for sure, lots of patience is needed with Project CARS. I understand your frustrations fully as I've had many of my own.