PDA

View Full Version : Tire Temperature dropping?

cwinnbari
16-06-2015, 00:38
So I'm noticing since the patch tire temps appear to be dropping. I ran a FA race and by lap 20 my tires were all cold. Thought it was a setup thing, but I did a couple of other cars (GT3) in quick race and their temps were dropping too.

It seems like there is either not enough ground contact or something funny. Wonder if its related to the tire blowout somehow.

(Sorry if this has been noted, I saw in the PC section something with the FB cars only relating to this.)

-Also I did switch to motion controls and messed with settings controller wise....

mcarver2000
16-06-2015, 12:14
Are you experiencing this on your initial set of tires or after you pit stop for new tires? If the latter it is the patch 1.4 introduced bug. This is my approach (as I do not use "default" tire pressure)... Just make sure that when you pit for tires to not open your pit strategy, just click on CLOSE (otherwise you will get default tire pressure).

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop&p=989170#post989170

cwinnbari
16-06-2015, 12:24
Are you experiencing this on your initial set of tires or after you pit stop for new tires? If the latter it is the patch 1.4 introduced bug. This is my approach (as I do not use "default" tire pressure)... Just make sure that when you pit for tires to not open your pit strategy, just click on CLOSE (otherwise you will get default tire pressure).

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop&p=989170#post989170

No this is my initial set of tires. I had a FA race at hockenhiem I started the race and was doing ok at first. The car started to feel slippery by lap 20, figured the tires were done when I checked the temps the tires were all cold. I don't know tires don't usually go cold when they are used up.

I did another couple of quick races to see if it was something, I did a gt3 race and after 2 laps I noticed that the temperature was lower in the tires then when I started.

I'm wondering if it's something with pre patch setups maybe related to pit bug regarding pressures. I did a test in a FA car at the same track and was able to build more heat into the tires then what it started with the tire warmers.