PDA

View Full Version : Insane lap times by one AI in practice session in career (w/o simulating)

m3lover1
16-06-2015, 02:59
I am currently doing GT3 in career mode. Couple of rounds, in the practice sessions, I would set a pretty fast time to be 1st. Later, I notice that I'm in second place, and check to see how much behind I am. Lo and behold, the first place AI is 31 seconds faster! Happened in both practice sessions in the last race of the local series, at Road America. I just started the GT3 Euro series, at Brno, and first practice session I was beaten out by 31 seconds. Now 2nd practice I set a pretty good time of 2:03.886, and right after the AI got 1:33.645. All other AI is 2:05 and slower. While it has happened only in practice sessions and not quali, therefore not really too upsetting, it is still quite annoying.

I know of the bug where you get insane laptimes if you skip to end of session or simulate to end, but I have done neither for both rounds. Anyone else had this happen to them?

jason
16-06-2015, 04:40
Yeah it is known bug buddy . I think it only when you forward time that this happens .

Rug22
16-06-2015, 05:35
I had this after progressing time a bit, but it seems OK if you go out and set a lap time before progressing time.

pigsy
16-06-2015, 05:51
Yeah it is known bug buddy . I think it only when you forward time that this happens .

I've reproduced this a few times when running the session at 100% in realtime (no jumping to end of session). At least it's not happening in qualifying. Did happen in a race too. It's been reported on the developers forum.

ps. I'm on a PC, not sure if it's happening on xbox.

GoPrO_BMX
16-06-2015, 11:54
In the GT3 American Championship on 90% at Mazda I had the lead until I pit on lap 3 of 5. In the end the AI who won beat me by 12 seconds athough I set the fastest lap throughput the race. I dont think that AI pit! I got hustled for 7 poilnts!!

m3lover1
16-06-2015, 15:34

I had this after progressing time a bit, but it seems OK if you go out and set a lap time before progressing time.

Nope didn't progress time at all.

I've reproduced this a few times when running the session at 100% in realtime (no jumping to end of session). At least it's not happening in qualifying. Did happen in a race too. It's been reported on the developers forum.

ps. I'm on a PC, not sure if it's happening on xbox.

Got it. Thanks! It's been happening fairly recently lately, on PS4. Realtime, 100% session.

hdh
16-06-2015, 21:26
I've experienced this bug myself. The practice session was coming to an end and I was sitting in the pits waiting for the time to run out. I was leading by 3 seconds to p2 when someone posted a lap 31 seconds quicker.

m3lover1
17-06-2015, 00:16
Awesome. Was leading race 2 of round 1 at Brno, for the GT3 Euro Championship. Raining from the start. Leading the race, decided to pit on the 10th lap as it wasn't raining anymore and all my tires were red, now I'm stuck in the pits. No message about wheel nuts, and have been stuck for 3 minutes now. Obviously I'm going to have to start the race all over again, as I even pressed the simulate to end, and I'm still sitting here.