PDA

View Full Version : Ian, why do you hate the EVO?

JeeF
16-06-2015, 03:11
The EVO FQ400 is my favorite car, been for years... so much so that it's my real life car (the 320).
In every other game (simulator) I've played in the past, it's a great car, very agile and very good on sharp turns, just like in real life.
However here in pCars, this thing just drives like it's carrying 500kg of cement in the trunk. No acceleration and a real hard time turning.

Now, I have the utmost respect for pCars and if you guys tell me any car is supposed to behave in real life in a track the way it behaves in the game, I'll buy it.
But having driven the EVO after watching tons and tons of reviews about it, and even actually driven it in my local track, I must say the game is not portraying it correctly.
In every race I try with the EVO, all the last places in both race and qualify are the EVOs, regardless of AI level, when set to "current class".

Or maybe the original setup is just god awful. See, setups are not my strength.

So... with all due respect, can I have a word from the developer on this matter, and maybe also from a few members of the WMD?

Thank you!

TenthDan
16-06-2015, 03:24
Try the below setup, it's based off OEM data (credit to Jussi K). Changes from default are highlighted.

TrevorAustin
16-06-2015, 06:15
Agreed, along with several of the road cars, this feels nothing like driving the real car.

Stick to the race cars, they're fabulous.

Ripgroove
16-06-2015, 07:39
The EVO FQ400 is my favorite car, been for years... so much so that it's my real life car (the 320).
In every other game (simulator) I've played in the past, it's a great car, very agile and very good on sharp turns, just like in real life.
However here in pCars, this thing just drives like it's carrying 500kg of cement in the trunk. No acceleration and a real hard time turning.

Now, I have the utmost respect for pCars and if you guys tell me any car is supposed to behave in real life in a track the way it behaves in the game, I'll buy it.
But having driven the EVO after watching tons and tons of reviews about it, and even actually driven it in my local track, I must say the game is not portraying it correctly.
In every race I try with the EVO, all the last places in both race and qualify are the EVOs, regardless of AI level, when set to "current class".

So... with all due respect, can I have a word from the developer on this matter, and maybe also from a few members of the WMD?

Thank you!

Agreed, I drove this car once and quit after fighting it for 1 lap, it feels very heavy.

pandzer
16-06-2015, 07:39
I feel you. I own a Megane RS went to the Nordschleife the other day, had a ton of fun. As soon as PCars hit i took the Megane RS ingame for a Spin on the Nordschleife and ragequitted after the "Fuchsröhre". Feels nothing like the real deal. But, I love the Ruf GT3 sooo much. Just hammerd down a 7.01 on the Nordschliefe with the default setup ;)

TrevorAustin
16-06-2015, 07:42
Yes almost all the race cars are amazing, but not one of the road cars that I actually know is anything like in the game to drive:) but then I didn't get P Cars to drive normal road cars, except the R8 and Maclarens, but there's plenty to make up for them:)

LordDRIFT
16-06-2015, 11:10
Same about the 1M for me. The Evo is fast in the Game but the handling is not ideal. I got a good tune on it but it's not one I like to drive.

Angst1974
16-06-2015, 11:17
The Focus RS is the game is a pretty close cousin to my Mazdaspeed3 , it feels pretty good to me.

The one thing in the game , is your sense of speed is way reduced. You may be thinking the car is handling way worse, but in fact in the game you are going 30mph faster then you think.

MULTIVITZ
16-06-2015, 11:18
I disagree(about it being unrealistic). I posted a tune for it. The turbo lag is spot on;)
The handling is a bit squishy, but its going to be compared the other race cars. Try my tune, its has quite accurate handling when driven properly. The diff programming is hard to match to a setup, with my setup it likes early timed down shifting to stabilise the front end, theres little understeer.
Notice the oem toe angles, I might have a play with mine again.

My focus is virtually crash prof, it could do with a tad more oversteer, but as I'm using a controller I've kept it on the safe side!

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 11:34
It works great when you move away from stock settings. I killed the understeer with oversteer. I loosened the back end up with harder suspension and lowered the tyre pressures in the front.
The turbo lag seems about right. (I haven't driven an FQ400, but I've had a go of an Evo VIII) Unless you're in the right gear, with adequate revs, turbo lag will slow you down.

unknwn
16-06-2015, 12:12
Try the below setup, it's based off OEM data (credit to Jussi K). Changes from default are highlighted.

Is there any way we can get more OEM setups for other cars?

loslogo
16-06-2015, 12:15
It lack the neutral feel of a real evo. The thing swings about like a wrecking ball. I drive an Evo V with alot of work done to it and the feeling simply isn't there.

TenthDan
16-06-2015, 12:21
Is there any way we can get more OEM setups for other cars?

Soon there might just be. There's a work in progress setup site that could be available soon if testing goes well. I won't link it (please don't others either) because it's being tested now, but it will have a lot of OEM data and other setups for people to use and compare ;)

BTW, I also at one stage felt the Evo was sliding all over the place and hard to control... then I slowed down, drove within the limit, changed the viewpoint and FOV and suddenly it was a very sharp car. The road cars are very easy to overdrive, you need to get the sense of speed and FFB right so you can sense the limit better...

NemethR
16-06-2015, 13:17
I think, the fact you guys feell the cars to .... well behave like slow, and heavy cars, is because you compare them to the rece cars.
Compared to the race cars, they really are slow, and heavy, have almost no brakes, don't turn into the corners, etc.

ex_
16-06-2015, 13:21
I drive an Evo VIII and I feel that the X in this game actually feels pretty accurate for an Evo, and understeers a lot less than other games. GT, for instance, just makes AWD push hard in the corners, but in pCARS not so much. If you have your Mz force turned down on this car, consider turning it up a bit. You will feel the twisting motion of the car better and that may give you the info you need to make it "feel" real.

wearymick
16-06-2015, 13:24
It's not too bad if you tinker with it. The default setup is pretty ordinary. It does like to understeer and push a bit and can get diff bogged if you over drive it. It's a road car at the end of the day so it doesn't respond well to being chucked around. If you could set the diff up it would be sweet.

robertedell
16-06-2015, 13:33

Thank you!

Maybe it is time to make them your strength? If you set your wheel up just right and get the setup just right on the Evo just right you will be surprised what a difference it makes.

TrevorAustin
16-06-2015, 14:18
Maybe it is time to make them your strength? If you set your wheel up just right and get the setup just right on the Evo just right you will be surprised what a difference it makes.

But if you buy an evo from the showroom, you just get in it and it drives and handles great! So you shouldn't need to

Mahjik
16-06-2015, 15:05
But if you buy an evo from the showroom, you just get in it and it drives and handles great! So you shouldn't need to

Great is based on perspective. I guarantee you that if you ever got a chance to take some of the race cars in pCARS out on a track in real life, you'd come back thinking a stock Evo handled like crap and understeered way too much. In pCARS, you get to jump from one car to the next anytime you want. In real life, you have what you bought (unless you are extremely fortunate) and that's all you have exposure to so you only have a small perspective.

There is a huge difference in driving a purposely sorted race car and a street car on a track (even if the race car isn't making 500+ HP).

Panopticism
16-06-2015, 19:37
That's funny. I think the car in the game portrays the undesirable characteristics of the Evo very well. They can be made to handle really nicely, don't get me wrong there. I've driven three different Evos on tracks. The first two were stock, very new cars. They both had the exact same characteristics in the corners, which I can only describe as supreme laziness. It got worse as the tire temps came up, which was surprising. The third was actually prepped for the track, trailered in without plates, etc; it was an animal in the corners and it did everything an AWD should.

Don't be offended.. almost every car has undesirable characteristics, except for nearly everything that Lotus has made in the last 15 years. And the Boxsters. And the higher-end Cayman models. And the Miata if you take its price into consideration. And the 2015 Corvette platform. And a few others. I think that if they made the Evo as good as it can be right away, no salesperson would be able to convert a test drive into a sale. I don't believe that Mitsubishi's target demographic includes the people who want to drive from the dealership to the track. Maybe drive it from the dealer to a shop that specializes in prepping the chassis, diff and suspension for the track first. If you're willing to drop that kind of money on a new car and excellent track performance is important to you, I think you'd be pretty misguided in spending it on an Evo.

TrevorAustin
16-06-2015, 19:49
Great is based on perspective. I guarantee you that if you ever got a chance to take some of the race cars in pCARS out on a track in real life, you'd come back thinking a stock Evo handled like crap and understeered way too much. In pCARS, you get to jump from one car to the next anytime you want. In real life, you have what you bought (unless you are extremely fortunate) and that's all you have exposure to so you only have a small perspective.

There is a huge difference in driving a purposely sorted race car and a street car on a track (even if the race car isn't making 500+ HP).

That I completely understand, however I have driven FQ400s, R8 and F1s on a track and they absolutely don't feel like the road cars in here:) little other experience to compare with, but it isn't a lack of speed perception, but maybe a lack of g forces, but I'm sure those road cars are wrong. I have taken a formula ford round a track, a long time ago, a car not in the game, but that felt like the low end open wheelers in here, but slower! lol.

Maybe it is all that lack of physical feedback, but I get zero fun from any of the games road cars, which is a shame, made up for by all the pleasure I get from the Formula A and the LMPs so they'll do me.

mister dog
16-06-2015, 21:28
I drive an Evo VIII and I feel that the X in this game actually feels pretty accurate for an Evo, and understeers a lot less than other games. GT, for instance, just makes AWD push hard in the corners, but in pCARS not so much. If you have your Mz force turned down on this car, consider turning it up a bit. You will feel the twisting motion of the car better and that may give you the info you need to make it "feel" real.

This, FFB tuning helps a great deal especially on the road cars. If the wheel feels too heavy and sluggish for what is supposed to be a car with power steering, lower the Fy scale and up the Mz scale to better feel wat the back is doing.

RunningBiscuit
16-06-2015, 23:32
How is brake balance set to 55/50?

JeeF
16-06-2015, 23:49
Just heard a professional racing driver state that the FQ400 is consistently 0.4s slower than the Audi R8 (both stock) in a specific track which I don't remember the name, but was about 1:30min long.

I'll put this to the test in the game. Sure, each track is different and some would benefit one car of the other... but if the difference is this close, it should give a good idea on what to expect.

yusupov
17-06-2015, 00:05
im not sure of the specs of the two cars but AWD can make a big difference depending on the track...would help if you knew the name!

i really hope these OEM setups become public or, better, we have the option to just import them. i like the road cars but if theyre setup conservative relative even to the manufacturer specs i think id enjoy them even more w/ proper setups.

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 00:08
Dont mean to thread jack, but I had a question for people who know the EVO a little. Whats the powerband like with that FQ400? Is it an upgraded turbo from the base car? I'm asking because I know to get huge power numbers from that engine, you have to boost well into the redline. The 800hp EVOs you see have huge turbos that don't even boost until like 10k rpm (to be fair, those engines are not stock and are revved out to 12 or 13k rpm). In the game, you can't get into the redline at all on most cars, especially the ones that have all the power there. Its kinda frustrating- I feel like with full damage on you should be able to choose the fuel cut off rpm, and if you blow the engine thats on you.

Have they got motor bike engines in?
The Evo on the game I feel is very accurate, it will blow its engine very easily if down shifting too early and if over reved alot. The game has an optional random failure setting for a bit more realism. Most powerful car in the game weighs half as much as the Evo and produces 1200Bhp.
The FQ stands for fu#&ing quick and is a special thats endorsed by Mitsubushi. Theres only so much Bhp a car can take before it breaks, as a road car the FQ400 is close and needs regular oil changes to preserve the motor. The drive train/gearbox and drivablily of the fuel supply are limiting factors to how far it can be pushed, other things too are limiting. Some owners have found ways around it by upgrading parts. Project Cars is not a car modifying game, the cars in the game have adjustable engine restrictors that can be set to give an even performance against other cars to make racing closer and more fun. Thanks for reading.

loslogo
17-06-2015, 00:51
That's funny. I think the car in the game portrays the undesirable characteristics of the Evo very well. They can be made to handle really nicely, don't get me wrong there. I've driven three different Evos on tracks. The first two were stock, very new cars. They both had the exact same characteristics in the corners, which I can only describe as supreme laziness. It got worse as the tire temps came up, which was surprising. The third was actually prepped for the track, trailered in without plates, etc; it was an animal in the corners and it did everything an AWD should.

Don't be offended.. almost every car has undesirable characteristics, except for nearly everything that Lotus has made in the last 15 years. And the Boxsters. And the higher-end Cayman models. And the Miata if you take its price into consideration. And the 2015 Corvette platform. And a few others. I think that if they made the Evo as good as it can be right away, no salesperson would be able to convert a test drive into a sale. I don't believe that Mitsubishi's target demographic includes the people who want to drive from the dealership to the track. Maybe drive it from the dealer to a shop that specializes in prepping the chassis, diff and suspension for the track first. If you're willing to drop that kind of money on a new car and excellent track performance is important to you, I think you'd be pretty misguided in spending it on an Evo.

This is probably one of the most misguided posts in this thread. I highly doubt your claims to have driven evos at the track otherwise you would not be so ignorant. Almost any dealer purchased road car leaves a lot on the table in regards to further modification and tuning. There are very few Gt3 rs or Gumbert Apollo type machines sold. The miata is hardley the performance tool of the century even if you factor in it's price. The Evo is most definitely a car that is compromised in it's road manners in order to make it a sharper performance tool and they are generally brought by those who intend to exsploit it's huge grip levels and highly effective ayc 4wd systems. If you look at world time attack events you'll notice they are dominated by highly developed evos, owned by teams with enormous budgets who have decided that the evo is the most competitive platform.

Panopticism
17-06-2015, 01:12
That seems absurd. If a manufacturer can make a better product by just tuning or replacing a few parts (as long is cost is same-ish), they would. And why wouldn't you be able to sell it? I'm pretty sure anyone who buys an EVO knows what it is, and they would welcome a better car over somehting you have to buy and modify to be good. Besides, thats what subies are for :cool:

That's because you're thinking of "better" in a different sense than I was using it. Better for the track and for playing around with, or better as a car that you use to go places without developing hemorrhoids or arthritis or hypertension or generalized anxiety disorder?

It's often the case that someone will pick a few cars in a particular category and price range, and then try them all out and make a decision based in part on the experience of the test drive. This is a good practice. It is quite a shock to the system when you first drive a car that you'd only ever seen and heard about. When it's a performance car, there is often an intolerable discomfort involved. If the car still maintains a modicum of practicality, it's sold with a conservative setup on it. Or in some newer cars, the test drive models have the conservative setting enabled (and sometimes locked). When I first drove a stock EVO, it felt really good driving through the paddock and everything, but it was not at home on the track. They felt heavy and they didn't settle their own weight very well at all.

I agree that those who test an Evo have a solid idea of what they are looking for, but ideas only go so far. I had a job for quite a while instructing people on how to drive on a track, eventually in their own cars. There were a lot of people of all ages and backgrounds who finally had the means to buy a car they'd wanted for a long time.. so they bought it without comparing it against its competitors. That, or they were underwhelmed but bought it anyway because they'd waited so long that it was like their reward for crossing the finish line.

I honestly don't know what on earth Subaru thinks they're doing with their top-range cars anymore, but in my opinion, they are making some of the best cars around for daily driving. Older Subarus are awesome if you do your own repairs and maintenance.

knotme
17-06-2015, 01:17
Soon there might just be. There's a work in progress setup site that could be available soon if testing goes well. I won't link it (please don't others either) because it's being tested now, but it will have a lot of OEM data and other setups for people to use and compare ;)

BTW, I also at one stage felt the Evo was sliding all over the place and hard to control... then I slowed down, drove within the limit, changed the viewpoint and FOV and suddenly it was a very sharp car. The road cars are very easy to overdrive, you need to get the sense of speed and FFB right so you can sense the limit better...

is it just text filled? the setup site? i have to say this game has the most stupid, round about way of doing setups. the setup adjustments seem fine but it is a pain in the ass to grab your car... get on a new track and have to start from scratch tuning the thing every time. you either have to write your old settings down and transfer them over in game or have a second screen or tablet to read from. why can't you just choose your car, choose the track to practice and tune for... then load an 'old' tune from another track you worked 'hours' on and tweak from there? or save settings to actual files so you can share with others rather than call your buddy on the phone and go one by one down the list creating tunes?

it is nice that it breaks tunes down and saves for each individual track... but allow people to pull those tunes up from other tracks also... for say maybe testing purposes? i will say again... some of this game really shines... but other parts seem to have been done by children without a thought or plan in their heads.

it is absurd to have to exchange setups as we do now. (like at the beginning of this thread) having to post pictures of numbers/settings lol PLEASE MAKE IT SO WE CAN USE OTHER PEEP'S TUNES AND OUR OWN TUNES WITHOUT SUCH HASSLES YOU HAVE IN PLACE. thnx cheers

Panopticism
17-06-2015, 01:26
This is probably one of the most misguided posts in this thread. I highly doubt your claims to have driven evos at the track otherwise you would not be so ignorant. Almost any dealer purchased road car leaves a lot on the table in regards to further modification and tuning. There are very few Gt3 rs or Gumbert Apollo type machines sold. The miata is hardley the performance tool of the century even if you factor in it's price. The Evo is most definitely a car that is compromised in it's road manners in order to make it a sharper performance tool and they are generally brought by those who intend to exsploit it's huge grip levels and highly effective ayc 4wd systems. If you look at world time attack events you'll notice they are dominated by highly developed evos, owned by teams with enormous budgets who have decided that the evo is the most competitive platform.

I see that you're a big fan of the EVO platform!

Well, I didn't say anything about the ceiling on the EVO's modifications. I didn't say anything about there being a ceiling on the modifiability of dealer-purchased road cars. I didn't mention anything about the GT3 RS or Gumpert, and I don't think that either of those can be test driven? I hope not! I also didn't say that the Miata was the performance tool of the century(that's pretty funny, though!).

I also do not dispute that the EVO is compromised in its road manners in favour of performance. You mention that it's chosen and highly developed by teams with large budgets.. I know this to be true, and I don't dispute that either. It's one of the best platforms out there.

The EVO is a wonderful car... a wonderful car with an incredibly rich aftermarket.

Can we still be friends?

loslogo
17-06-2015, 01:38
Yeah we can still be friends, to be honest it was the last bit of what you said that annoyed me the most.

. If you're willing to drop that kind of money on a new car and excellent track performance is important to you, I think you'd be pretty misguided in spending it on an Evo.

And yeah I admit I have a fondness for Evos, and even stock they are a weapon in the right hands. I think affordable performance cars have been muted over the years in general because that's what sells. The hardcore enthusiast is being neglected in favour of the compromised family buyer who just want something a little 'sporty'. But those early Evos are raw and so much fun.

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 01:44
Trouble is they do eat thier transmissions unless the fliuds changed every 2 years!
I prefere a sorted scooby with a 2.5 tbh. I wouldn't mind the diesel one either!
At the moment I've got an Alfa lol and I wouldn't swap it.

JeeF
17-06-2015, 01:49
The EVO IX lapped the TopGear test track faster than a Lambo Murcielago. That's gotta count for something.

Obsidian
17-06-2015, 01:50
This car with the OEM setting above is easy to drive. Go hot into the corners, back end starts to slide, point the front, mash the gas and it straightens itself out. This is a car for learning bad habits.

I owned two Evo 8's, 2003 and 2005. Raw, yes but certainly not pure. Too many electronics doing too much of the driving for you IMO.

yusupov
17-06-2015, 01:51
i dont think anyone would suggest an AWD car as a training car.

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 01:53
The electronics keep you out of ditches. I hate it when my ESR cuts in, lucky I can turn it off:cool:
And then go ditch seeking lol
To be fair Alfa Romeo ESR is unintrusive, but it will save your bacon.

I must try the oem settings, and post my findings. The Escort in this game is exact, I would put money on it, so I have faith with the rest of the cars. The developers do fix stuff what ain't right you know.

Panopticism
17-06-2015, 01:54
Yeah we can still be friends, to be honest it was the last bit of what you said that annoyed me the most.

And yeah I admit I have a fondness for Evos, and even stock they are a weapon in the right hands. I think affordable performance cars have been muted over the years in general because that's what sells. The hardcore enthusiast is being neglected in favour of the compromised family buyer who just want something a little 'sporty'. But those early Evos are raw and so much fun.

Yeah, I'd hoped that you would read the preceding part about going from dealership to track, i.e. skipping the aftermarket at first and being a fairly regular customer/driver. My experience has been with much newer EVO models, and I don't know anything about the older ones since there are almost none of them where I live (except that they look way better to me). I stand by that statement, though.

Unfortunately, these companies are actually required to mute everything because that's the only way that their shareholders would let them continue building the performance models in their range. Many of the flagship models are being sold at a loss, even in their muted forms. Heck, I think Porsche would've died twice if it weren't for the Boxster and then those silly SUVs. That's the other way to keep building the cars you are known for.

Panopticism
17-06-2015, 01:56
This car with the OEM setting above is easy to drive. Go hot into the corners, back end starts to slide, point the front, mash the gas and it straightens itself out. This is a car for learning bad habits.

I owned two Evo 8's, 2003 and 2005. Raw, yes but certainly not pure. Too many electronics doing too much of the driving for you IMO.

Totally. That self-righting characteristic of AWD is both fun and terrible for your technique. I, for one, think they modelled it really well in the game.

ex_
17-06-2015, 13:45

you're forgetting one important aspect. For the price, there still is nothing on the planet that compares to an evo with a few thousand dollars of aftermarket parts and tuning slapped on it. With just a few thousand in upgrades, you are competing against the $90k Porsches, and a few more thousand, you've got yourself $150+ Lambo meat for lunch :D

ex_
17-06-2015, 13:51
Trouble is they do eat thier transmissions unless the fliuds changed every 2 years!
I prefere a sorted scooby with a 2.5 tbh. I wouldn't mind the diesel one either!
At the moment I've got an Alfa lol and I wouldn't swap it.

all performance machines would "eat themselves" if not given proper attention. If you believe you can get the strength of an Evo with less money and no fluid changes , then you are mistaken.

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 15:17
Thats fair enough. It wins through being an all weather machine. People who own them used to try and race my Saabs without success, even the intercepter squad that do the TV show tried and failed. I guess at the end of the day alot of it comes down to bottle, as the public roads are not a place to exercise the performance these cars exhibit. I like to get a car over its limit, and friends have had nightmares with worn transmissions with the Evos who drive them accordingly(some only a year old!) At least all four tyres wear well, my Alfa can go through its fronts like butter lol
An early scooby RA with 225 wide tyres good clutch and a quick rack would eat a modern FQ320 and go virtually trouble free for 100000 miles driven hard daily.
They need a stroker kit imo comming out of a corner fast is fair enough but you have to eat the straights as well. It's all about torque. And if you want to go fast in any car you'll have to change the suspension regardless, theres very few cars that come ready sorted. The Evo is one of the best out the box, don't get carried away with it.

cerealkeller
17-06-2015, 17:01
I hated the way all AWD cars handle in this game, including the Evo. They spin out for no reason. I own an Evo X and it does not do that. The Evo X has active yaw control that controls where the power goes depending on various conditions. And I have never, not once had my car spin out like that. The Audi R8 suffered from the same problem. I tried changing the tune to compensate for it, but it didn't help. It's like counter steer doesn't do anything, just makes you loose control even worse. The FWD cars handle very realistically. I did like that. And the RWD cars seem to handle well too. But the AWD needs a lot of work.

TXcountry
17-06-2015, 17:12
LOL @ evos

LordDRIFT
17-06-2015, 17:14
you're forgetting one important aspect. For the price, there still is nothing on the planet that compares to an evo with a few thousand dollars of aftermarket parts and tuning slapped on it. With just a few thousand in upgrades, you are competing against the $90k Porsches, and a few more thousand, you've got yourself $150+ Lambo meat for lunch :D

On a track day maybe. The Evo does not have a handling dynamic I like. On a Friday night though I'd much rather valet a 911 than a lancer. :watermelon: Flame suit

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 18:04
Sorry guys I was covering alot of threads last night until 4 in the morning, I was commenting in the wrong thread!

unknwn
17-06-2015, 18:09
I have tried Evo with suggested OEM setup and it wasn't bad as expected reading the comments (although I don't know how it should drive in real world). It turns quite well when needed and it took only a few laps to adjust myself to the car, although it can't compete with RWD cars for the fun factor.
Does anyone know if pCars simulate torque vectoring?

yusupov
17-06-2015, 18:29
Can anyone expand on this a little? Why is AWD a bad platform to learn on? I love cars, and I bought this game to learn to drive close to the limit, so I've been using the FQ400 as my training tool(G40 as well). I drive a modded wrx IRL, and as soon as its paid off it will see some track time...

not sure what multivitz is on...

anyway this is the quote that pretty well explains what i mean " Go hot into the corners, back end starts to slide, point the front, mash the gas and it straightens itself out. This is a car for learning bad habits."

if you start w/ awd a lot of the techniques & habits youve learned will spell disaster with rwd cars, which are far more common in racing.

since you drive a wrx the evo's not a bad choice, i just mean for ppl new to racing sims.

TrevorAustin
17-06-2015, 18:41
I hated the way all AWD cars handle in this game, including the Evo. They spin out for no reason. I own an Evo X and it does not do that. The Evo X has active yaw control that controls where the power goes depending on various conditions. And I have never, not once had my car spin out like that. The Audi R8 suffered from the same problem. I tried changing the tune to compensate for it, but it didn't help. It's like counter steer doesn't do anything, just makes you loose control even worse. The FWD cars handle very realistically. I did like that. And the RWD cars seem to handle well too. But the AWD needs a lot of work.

Agreed on both

ex_
17-06-2015, 19:29
On a track day maybe. The Evo does not have a handling dynamic I like. On a Friday night though I'd much rather valet a 911 than a lancer. :watermelon: Flame suit

no flames, but certainly confusion as to why you are trying to speak of valets in this context...

Timmynator
17-06-2015, 19:47

Woah, what kid of neat setup overview is that? Coloured spreadsheet?

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 20:36
Exel data base of some oem setups. Go have some realism. Its top secret! Ssshh:eek-new:

LordDRIFT
17-06-2015, 21:22
no flames, but certainly confusion as to why you are trying to speak of valets in this context...

Because I responded to a cost comparison. The dollars ain't all about power output. And a lancer and a Porsche will never be in the same class. Even the boxter. Where I'm from an evo is good for a track or youngster. The more impractical the car the better down here.

JapImports
22-06-2015, 00:48

That's not entirely correct either and it's not just the suspension. The final gear which is locked uses the ratio from 6 speed SST which is entirely wrong. Then the S-AWC package, which integrates the ACD + AYC + ABS + ASC do not seem to be modeled accurately, and the S-AWC is what makes Evo X unique.