PDA

View Full Version : SMS you need a penalty system of some kind or rating placement rooms.

CCM
16-06-2015, 09:14
Maybe you need to swallow some pride and do what iracing does and have a penalty system and licence requirement or put top rated drivers with top rated drivers. The amount of drivers who just want to ram people off the road for a good laugh or want to block to know ends is just stupid, annoying, frustrating and dumb. If you want this to be a sim and not a arcade then something needs to be put in place and your vote to kick thing don't work. It's pretty simple really make a race with a certain track for each series for the week and keep it on the online menu so anyone can join that only has a certain rating but the server will put the drivers on the top see or lower seed based on ther raiting. You should have a A.B,C rating on the same track for the week of each type of series. make that series a championship series for a season. It will put great drivers against respected drivers and the ass hates can have there fun in the low rating server. Im just saying it's a idea cause your game is beautiful and till the dw12 comes out and ovals im stuck road racing and there are a certain few that ruin it for others hardcore sim racers like me.

GamingCanuck
16-06-2015, 11:28
Or they could just add an option for admins to kick players, no voting nonsense.

ssijak
16-06-2015, 20:46
I added this request in features section of the forum http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31568-Introduce-player-ratings-based-on-race-rule-following-and-good-race-behaviour

bmaytum
16-06-2015, 22:27
@ CCM & ssijak -

Your proposal is likely much too hard / time-consuming for SMS to implement (IMHO, I have no affiliation). I'd rather they devote dev time to squashing the few remaining bugs, and adding DLC cars & tracks instead.

I suggest you seek out some good, clean racing groups for pCARS on Steam. There are many, and they generally don't tolerate rammers, bashers or assorted di*ckh*ads. Make some Steam Friends too, and enjoy clean racing action.

Brocass
16-06-2015, 22:33
Maybe you need to swallow some pride and do what iracing does.

How motivating for the devs. I agree with GamingCanuck, an option to kick would be simpler, and better imo.

joking_aura
16-06-2015, 23:04
Or here a suggestion: why doesn't SMS implement the reputation system they describe on their website? In summary they describe a system that will place you in lobbies with like minded drivers. Want to crash and bash, we have a lobby for that. Want to drive with awareness of your surroundings, we have a lobby for that.

Ramshackle
16-06-2015, 23:10
@ CCM & ssijak -

Your proposal is likely much too hard / time-consuming for SMS to implement (IMHO, I have no affiliation). I'd rather they devote dev time to squashing the few remaining bugs, and adding DLC cars & tracks instead.

I suggest you seek out some good, clean racing groups for pCARS on Steam. There are many, and they generally don't tolerate rammers, bashers or assorted di*ckh*ads. Make some Steam Friends too, and enjoy clean racing action.

Players shouldn't have to search out groups to have a decent race online. At the very least something should be done about cars being left stationary on track (often in the middle of corners) and people driving the wrong way.

RunningBiscuit
16-06-2015, 23:26
How motivating for the devs. I agree with GamingCanuck, an option to kick would be simpler, and better imo.

Not just an option to kick, but give the host more control of the lobby. I made an online lobby with a short practice and had a player join, instantly ready up and start the countdown. Nothing I could do to stop it [that I know of, kicking probably wouldn't work (PC, so I can kick when host)]

Brocass
16-06-2015, 23:33
Not just an option to kick, but give the host more control of the lobby.

Agreed and I'm sure it'll come.

foolinjection
16-06-2015, 23:41
You are all aware, of course, that people crashing into other people in public online lobbys of racing games has been par for the course since time immemorial?

Players in search of clean racing have been seeking out groups of like minded individuals for just as long.

I used to play the Papyrus NASCAR games... Online lobbys were almost always exclusively 24/7 Talla-dona servers where if you made it past lap 1 with all 4 wheels attached you did well my son! Hence why I joined ESCORS back in the day and got some proper online racing. It was a lot more structured, a lot more fun and with it being a regularly scheduled thing you knew where you could always get good racing.

In short... They don't need any fancy ratings systems... You just need the right bunch of like minded people who have the ability to swing a big ban hammer around when needed.

If you seriously think you can consistently get great, clean online racing in a public lobby... you are deluded.

I'd also like to point out that iRacing (the main online comparison I see) inherently has a higher barrier of entry, seeing that it has both a subscription fee to play and then further expense in order to run a good amount of different cars on different tracks. So you'll probably find "a much better class of asshole" as they say going into iRacing with a more serious mindset and less likely to turn every race into a wreckfest for the lulz.

CCM
16-06-2015, 23:43
@ CCM & ssijak -

A kick button will fix part of the problem giving the host more options. But as some stated the host can just kick anyone faster then him and could abuse the system. Teaming high rank drivers with high rank drivers will help as well. As in finding a group it;s a lot harder then it may sound cause I just don't have time to meet at certain times to race or league racing.

CCM
16-06-2015, 23:48
You are all aware, of course, that people crashing into other people in public online lobbys of racing games has been par for the course since time immemorial?

Players in search of clean racing have been seeking out groups of like minded individuals for just as long.

I used to play the Papyrus NASCAR games... Online lobbys were almost always exclusively 24/7 Talla-dona servers where if you made it past lap 1 with all 4 wheels attached you did well my son! Hence why I joined ESCORS back in the day and got some proper online racing. It was a lot more structured, a lot more fun and with it being a regularly scheduled thing you knew where you could always get good racing.

In short... They don't need any fancy ratings systems... You just need the right bunch of like minded people who have the ability to swing a big ban hammer around when needed.

If you seriously think you can consistently get great, clean online racing in a public lobby... you are deluded.

I'd also like to point out that iRacing (the main online comparison I see) inherently has a higher barrier of entry, seeing that it has both a subscription fee to play and then further expense in order to run a good amount of different cars on different tracks. So you'll probably find "a much better class of asshole" as they say going into iRacing with a more serious mindset and less likely to turn every race into a wreck fest for the lulz.

YOu obviously never played iracing. They don't have that problem at all. If someone wrecked others the system will AUTO booth them after a certain about of damage done to the car. When I would race in a low tier race it would be full of idiots when I race in the top tier it would be a full green race know yellows know problems just clean respectful racing.

foolinjection
16-06-2015, 23:52
YOu obviously never played iracing. They don't have that problem at all. If someone wrecked others the system will AUTO booth them after a certain about of damage done to the car. When I would race in a low tier race it would be full of idiots when I race in the top tier it would be a full green race know yellows know problems just clean respectful racing.

iRacing doesn't really count though for the reasons I stated in the paragraph after the one you highlighted. It has a much higher barrier of entry and most people are there for serious racing. They are after all paying a subscription fee... so why pay monthly to wreck people in a racing game when you could buy something like pCARS and do it online for free to your hearts content.

madmax2069
16-06-2015, 23:57
A kick button will fix part of the problem giving the host more options. But as some stated the host can just kick anyone faster then him and could abuse the system. Teaming high rank drivers with high rank drivers will help as well. As in finding a group it;s a lot harder then it may sound cause I just don't have time to meet at certain times to race or league racing.

I'd rather deal with a host that abuses the kick button then having do deal with a bunch of wreckers that cant be kicked because no one votes, or they invited their wrecker buddies and now have the majority. Its easy to deal with a abusive host, just leave and find a new lobby, the abusive host will find himself not able to get players into his game and he'll race alone.

With a vote to kick system the wreckers is much much harder to deal with, especially when they can just rejoin if a vote to kick was successful

CCM
17-06-2015, 00:16
I'd rather deal with a host that abuses the kick button then having do deal with a bunch of wreckers that cant be kicked because no one votes, or they invited their wrecker buddies and now have the majority. Its easy to deal with a abusive host, just leave and find a new lobby, the abusive host will find himself not able to get players into his game and he'll race alone.

With a vote to kick system the wreckers is much much harder to deal with, especially when they can just rejoin if a vote to kick was successful

Ok so how do you kick someone when your in the middle of a race? You will need some kind of scroll display so you can go through the names of the drivers and car numbers in the race and just click on that name and kick them out is the only way it would work while racing.

GamingCanuck
17-06-2015, 00:36
Nr2k3 had a pretty simple command, "!eject #". Either way, if you're racing it's not going to be super easy to kick people.

Ramshackle
17-06-2015, 19:42

I'd also like to point out that iRacing (the main online comparison I see) inherently has a higher barrier of entry, seeing that it has both a subscription fee to play and then further expense in order to run a good amount of different cars on different tracks. So you'll probably find "a much better class of asshole" as they say going into iRacing with a more serious mindset and less likely to turn every race into a wreckfest for the lulz.

Yes, racing games have always had crashers. But more and more developers at least try to remedy the blatant race ruiners who do things like drive the wrong way around track, try to block the track or make kamikaze lunges to slam into the back of other players at 150mph when they're slowing down for a corner. We've all been playing racing games long enough to know that these are the top bugbears for anyone wanting a decent race online. I'm disappointed that not only was this not something implemented from the start in Project Cars, but doesn't look to be something that's going to be implemented any time soon.. since the WMD members solution only ever seems to be "find like minded players". It shouldn't be down to the players to try and work their way around people who blatantly break the fundemental rules of racing. In what racing series in the world can someone get away with driving the wrong way around track?

EHM
19-06-2015, 17:48
Online seems to be getting worse by the way, as in more and more dirty and careless racers are appearing. Up to about 2 weeks past release pretty much every race online I had was clean, there were a few bumps and the occasional wreck but it'd always be followed up with "Sorry" etc. , honest mistakes. People would seem to actually hold their grid position through the first couple of turns before everyone began spreading out.

Now over half the races I join "Turn 1" is a complete wreck fest, that's with only about 10 or so players. On larger grids with anywhere between 10 and 30 it's pretty much always necessary to grab pole or you're going to get caught behind the leaders and rammed off the track, and if you decide to stay at the back to avoid it, you're going to be boxed in for the first few laps by 3 people trying to take a turn at the same time, covering the track 3 car wide.

Game really needs to punish those who deserve it, somehow keep them away from those who want to race properly, preferably something that prevents known griefers from joining clean servers. Honestly wish they'd just be banned from online forever, they know the rules and they choose to do it.

I also hope for example, if a safety car is implemented properly and you decide to not follow formation rules that you just get black flagged and you're gone.

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 18:07
The game has:

1. DQ for - hitting, repeated cut-track, jump start
2. Engine power cut for cut-track (i dont like this one personally)

I think a safety rating is planned for the future, will take time.

EHM
19-06-2015, 18:15
I've never seen anyone get DQed for hitting, but the track cutting and jump starting penalties seem to work properly. Is it judged by how fast someone hits you?

Umer Ahmad
19-06-2015, 18:20
Yeah possibly, i know i got DQd for hitting but that was a single-player AI race. Maybe the guys can make that trigger more sensitive in the future. I know i have outbraked myself into someone's rear and i would have fully accepted a warning for that but the game did not assign me a warning/penalty.

EHM
19-06-2015, 18:24
Could possibly have a system on turns where some math decides the fastest possible speed a certain car+tune can take it, and if someone exceeds that a little (Legitimately overshoot a bit) they get a smaller penalty or nothing, and if they're going 200km/h at the apex at basically 3x the highest possible corner speed they get black flagged. This is if there is contact ofcourse.

I'm sure it's 100x more complicated to implement and it's probably been brought up already. It also would only work on certain turns.

joking_aura
19-06-2015, 18:34
It must be much more complicated than I imagine. I always thought that with all the forces being measured in a game such as this that you could set a threshold whereby if you hit another vehicle beyond the threshold you get a penalty. The most egregious offenses seem to occur when people go carelessly into corners and rear end the cars in front. I would be happy if SMS could at least eliminate these occurrences. I can live with someone carelessly moving into my line, but the constant business from behind has to stop. It seems most inexperienced, careless, uninformed (take your pick) have no patience and try to squeeze their car into spaces they shouldn't especially in the braking zones. I know if I t-bone someone that spins in front of me that would trigger this penalty as well, but I would expect such a crash to end my race anyhow.