PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Starts

chig88
16-06-2015, 09:40
I couldn't see this in the known issues thread, but are there any plans to adjust the rolling starts? I mostly play career mode and I'd say that at approx. 80% of tracks it's impossible to keep your position going into the 1st corner.

As an example, I qualified on pole for both races at Monza in the GT3 Euro Championship. In both races the guy in 2nd was pretty much ahead of me before the lights even went green. I restarted both races several times to test this, and the very best I managed was 3rd place going into the first corner.

Another (smaller) suggestion - would it be possible to add a graphic to the screen to let us know when we change a car setting during the race? We've got buttons for adjusting brake bias, roll bars, traction control etc, but as far as I could see there is no indication when something is changed. I'm willing to be set straight on this if it shows up somewhere on the MOTEC display, as I may not have seen it due to the text being so small!

chig88
17-06-2015, 08:21
Bump. Any devs know if this is in planning?

chig88
17-06-2015, 18:30
Okay I guess not.

Perhaps if I had named the thread 'WHAT'S WITH THE F**KING ROLLING STARTS!!??!!' it might have got some response.

:(

Pink_650S
18-06-2015, 13:37
Maybe you should've done that ;)

But yeah, this needs fixing, its broken and doesnt serve its purpose.

Bealdor
18-06-2015, 13:49
We know that the rolling starts sometimes don't work as intended and the devs will improve them for sure.

Please post a link to your thread here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22495-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PS4%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-17-06) and Elmo will add it.

Elmo
19-06-2015, 21:44
Please try to do a more detailed description or even better add a video showing the problem you encounter. Thanks.

chig88
22-06-2015, 21:50
Please try to do a more detailed description or even better add a video showing the problem you encounter. Thanks.

Thanks Elmo. I'll try to do a video if possible, but I think it's fairly clear to anyone who's done a rolling start that they're not right.

Perhaps the AI should only be allowed to race once crossing the finish line, or the player given control of the car earlier?