PDA

View Full Version : Wrong tyres fitted at pit stop - and different choices available too!

deedub777
16-06-2015, 10:21
Did a search and didn't find anything so posting new...

here's the scenario:
Online multiplayer race, formula rookie at Nordshliefe.
Tyres set to automatic by weather. When checking tyre choices there are rain and slick, that's it.

Race starts and it's raining :( but rain tyres fitted (I can see the tread :))

Had an *ahem* altercation during the first lap and pitted for repairs, but forgot about tyres (oh, that's OK they are set to automatic - royally p1551ng down now).
Back out on track and chucked it in the wall - what? Oh, my beloved pit crew seems to have fitted slicks, duh!
crept round all 12 odd miles (miraculously without crashing) and pitted again, this time I go choose the tyres. Eh? Now I can fit inters, they weren't an option?!

So...

Automatic tyre settings are not honoured during pit stops (correct?)
Different tyre choices available at pit stop compared with edit tuning in garage.

Bug or just me losing it?

Thanks...

mcarver2000
16-06-2015, 11:33
I only think the "automatic for weather" works for the initial setup. One needs to set up different pit stop setups for dry vs. wet.

deedub777
16-06-2015, 11:40
I only think the "automatic for weather" works for the initial setup. One needs to set up different pit stop setups for dry vs. wet.
OK thanks, any idea about the different tyre choices between the two?

Bealdor
16-06-2015, 11:52
OK thanks, any idea about the different tyre choices between the two?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31531-Solo-Race&p=994749&viewfull=1#post994749

mcarver2000
16-06-2015, 12:19
Your choices will depend on the car. But the pit strategy could show soft/medium/hard for slicks and intermediate/full for wets.

redruMKO
23-09-2015, 16:03
I'm pretty certain I chose WETS when I pitted, and they put me out on SOFT SLICKS.

Restart. Race again and this time selected HARD SLICKS and I got WETS.

I don't know what to select next time?!

Pappa_Stig
04-10-2015, 22:34
I'll just put this here for devs to check. Formula A in career only allows full wet tyres at pit stops and not inters. No matter whether you select inter or wet, it puts you on wets every time. Checked numerous times now and it always does it, so won't be hard to replicate.

I've also been reading other people saying other cars do the same thing with the slick tyres. They try to put one compound on and always get a different one. I never had this problem before 4.0 so why do I have it now? The last patch fixed nothing it said it did, and the features it added are all broken, and it's introduced even more bugs... This is the first time I've seen a patch so massive that's only achievement is adding new bugs to a game.