PDA

View Full Version : [FIX INCOMING] Online Pitstop still not fixed!

Pink_650S
16-06-2015, 10:39
Hey guys!
Often l defend this game, but yesterday it really started to frustrate me. It was stated that this was supposed to be fixed with Patch 1.4

* Improved the system used to select the most appropriate tyres based on current and predicted weather conditions.
* The Default strategy will now correctly show the tyres that will be fitted on the player vehicle during a pit stop.
* The pit stop routine will no longer start during online races until the player closes the pit stop menu. This ensures that the player has enough time to select or configure an appropriate set of actions before the pit crew start working on the car.
* Tyre pressures will now be correctly set when the player changes to a new set of tyres.
* The currently-active Pit strategy will now remain in action when advancing through race sessions.
l'm hosting a championship in this forum and yesterday the 3rd event of the month took place in Barcelona, when this happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ae0FcAOyM

While the pitcrew now waits for the player's changes in the pitstop menu before they start to work on the car, the result remains the same - l got full wets. This cant be a thing guys :( None of the promised changes have made it into the game. The pitstop menu is still a mess in my eyes and prevents players from trying aggressive strategies in long races because it takes ages to adjust.
Its just absolutely frustrating at this point, you give it your all to host a nice championship for other players to enjoy this great game, and then the game screws you over on race day. Its especially frustrating when its a 15 Lap race with like minded people that you only do once per week. Another one of our drivers got a penalty before the race had even started - and before you ask: No he didnt jump the start - so his race was over as well.
l hope you understand the frustration on this one and l hope this'll get fixed and/or simplified.

Thank you!

Translation:
- Weich / Softs
- Regenreifen / Full Wets

Slicker_VR
16-06-2015, 11:42
totally agree with op, we ran an endurance (44laps) at dubai gp and half the field got stuck in the pits - my tyres were reset to soft when i had specified medium, i reset them and corrected the pressures then sat in pitlane waiting while nothing happened -after 5 mins i quit :(

Elmo
16-06-2015, 19:21
We will have a look

IrideGravity
16-06-2015, 20:15
We will have a look

Solved in patch 1.43?

GenBrien
16-06-2015, 22:36
Solved in patch 1.43?
Where did you get that itll be 1,43?

jason
16-06-2015, 22:52
You are surprised things aren't fixed ? Fixed in pcars 2 bud .

KartKingCorre
16-06-2015, 23:04
You have to manually select the default pit stop strategy, then your pressures and tires should be the same as your starting setup. You can also edit a pit stop strategy in your garage or in the pits. If you're really serious about a long online race, or changing weather races, I suggest you do this pre-race.
But yeah, the pitstops still need some polishing. I hope they focus more on that aspect rather than the animated pitstops, but since they are probably split in two teams, I just hope it will all run smoothly when the animated stops hit. It would spoil the new feature.
SMS, maybe you should make it possible to manage the pit crew. So when you get a slow pitstop or some other thing wrong, you can blame it on josé and fire his ass :D

Grijo
07-07-2015, 13:07
Hey guys!
Often l defend this game, but yesterday it really started to frustrate me. It was stated that this was supposed to be fixed with Patch 1.4

l'm hosting a championship in this forum and yesterday the 3rd event of the month took place in Barcelona, when this happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ae0FcAOyM

While the pitcrew now waits for the player's changes in the pitstop menu before they start to work on the car, the result remains the same - l got full wets. This cant be a thing guys :( None of the promised changes have made it into the game. The pitstop menu is still a mess in my eyes and prevents players from trying aggressive strategies in long races because it takes ages to adjust.
Its just absolutely frustrating at this point, you give it your all to host a nice championship for other players to enjoy this great game, and then the game screws you over on race day. Its especially frustrating when its a 15 Lap race with like minded people that you only do once per week. Another one of our drivers got a penalty before the race had even started - and before you ask: No he didnt jump the start - so his race was over as well.
l hope you understand the frustration on this one and l hope this'll get fixed and/or simplified.

Thank you!

Translation:
- Weich / Softs
- Regenreifen / Full Wets

Hey Pink 650, try this: when you are in qualify, edit your pit stop configuration and save that, as many as you want. Then, set the pit routine you seved to "on". Now, when you enter the race, that configuration will work. When you enter the pits, open a little window at your letf side. The second option says "visualize save" or something like that. Enter and see if your pit routine is still "on". Works for me

Raven403
07-07-2015, 13:14
Cross platform +1 for the op. Online pits are fundamentally broken. The workarounds don't work all the time and if she wasn't in an open wheel she wouldn't eveN KNOW she was on wets until her car handled like crap, and she wouldn't know how to fix it when she pit next lap......

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 13:18
While yes, that may or may not work.
Do you realize how unnecessarily complicated that sounds and actually is?

For me, thats not a solution. Why cant it be: Enter pits - select tires - select fuel - done.
I've never seen such a complicated and (sorry) broken pitstop routine.

Cross platform +1 for the op. Online pits are fundamentally broken. The workarounds don't work all the time and if she wasn't in an open wheel she wouldn't eveN KNOW she was on wets until her car handled like crap, and she wouldn't know how to fix it when she pit next lap......

THANK YOU!

FederalHercules
07-07-2015, 13:20

For me, thats not a solution. Why cant it be: Enter pits - select tires - select fuel - done.

Truth

Raven403
07-07-2015, 13:21

Preach!

Raven403
07-07-2015, 13:44
So is any of this tied to the wrong tire pressure stuff. I saw Mike Laskey said they identified a bug with that post 2.0. We still haven't gotten 2.0 on xbox (sighhh)

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 13:47
Wrong tire pressure, flat tires, wrong tires...
Lets agree on broken pitstops.

Raven403
07-07-2015, 13:49
Wrong tire pressure, flat tires, wrong tires...
Lets agree on broken pitstops.

Yes, lets, tbh I'm just trying to keep the thread on the main page :)

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 13:58
Yes, lets, tbh I'm just trying to keep the thread on the main page :)

Lol.
I bet the team knows about the issues regarding the pitstops, but l'm kind of let down that they havent been ironed out yet. Talking about it only makes me sadder :(

MysterG
07-07-2015, 14:05
This very post/topic has been bumped internally by the wookie himself.

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 14:09
This very post/topic has been bumped internally by the wookie himself.

Thats awesome to hear!

Ian Bell
07-07-2015, 14:12
Yes sorry guys, I should have posted here. I pushed this to top priority internally.

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 14:12
read (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33740-IDENTIFIED-Post-patch-2-0-issue-overheated-tires-after-the-pit-stop&p=1035019#post1035019)

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 14:15
Yes sorry guys, I should have posted here. I pushed this to top priority internally.

Hey! Thanks for doing it now.
Its never too late to acknowledge issues... well, maybe sometimes :p

Ian Bell
07-07-2015, 14:31
Hey! Thanks for doing it now.
Its never too late to acknowledge issues... well, maybe sometimes :p

Thing is, I thought it would have been fixed in this patch. Hence me not chasing it previously. It wasn't being ignored is the main point.

Raven403
07-07-2015, 14:34

Woohoo!

Raven403
07-07-2015, 14:40
Thing is, I thought it would have been fixed in this patch. Hence me not chasing it previously. It wasn't being ignored is the main point.

I wouldn't think you guys ignored it, but you know what they say about squeaky wheels and all.
Happy it's a priority :D

FederalHercules
07-07-2015, 14:44

So to be clear, are you prioritizing the tire pressure issue specifically or pit issues overall?

Mike Laskey
07-07-2015, 15:42
are you prioritizing the tire pressure issue specifically or pit issues overall?

Not Ian, but a functionality test sweep. We identified one bug this morning (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33740-IDENTIFIED-Post-patch-2-0-issue-overheated-tires-after-the-pit-stop&p=1035019&viewfull=1#post1035019) which was fixed internally a few minutes ago; and we're tracing another this afternoon, so we need to fix these and rerun the test scenarios.

Often with bugs like these the difficult part is reproducing them. Everybody has different play styles, game setups, different combos of how they create and edit tuning slots, pit strategies, play career, multiplayer as a host, as a client, and so on, so as per the link, once we have something solid to work with we can trace the issue back and fix it.

FederalHercules
07-07-2015, 16:26
Not Ian, but a functionality test sweep. We identified one bug this morning (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33740-IDENTIFIED-Post-patch-2-0-issue-overheated-tires-after-the-pit-stop&p=1035019&viewfull=1#post1035019) which was fixed internally a few minutes ago; and we're tracing another this afternoon, so we need to fix these and rerun the test scenarios.

Often with bugs like these the difficult part is reproducing them. Everybody has different play styles, game setups, different combos of how they create and edit tuning slots, pit strategies, play career, multiplayer as a host, as a client, and so on, so as per the link, once we have something solid to work with we can trace the issue back and fix it.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for a more specific list of pit issues you are hoping to address by the time the next patch is released and if you are having any issues reproducing them, what can the community do to assist. Also, any plans for a usability overhaul of pit strategy UI?

What is troubling is that you communicated the issue you fixed this morning was already fixed in 2.0. It took community effort to illuminate that it wasn't fixed and additionally help you find the cause. If the issue was so hard for you to reproduce, why not engage the community before releasing 2.0 to help find the root cause?

Obviously there is a strong community of people able and willing to help you isolate causes of the issues we are experiencing when playing the game. My point being, you could have easily had something solid to work with far earlier than today.

None the less, better late than never.

Ian Bell
07-07-2015, 16:28
Thanks for the info. I was hoping for a more specific list of pit issues you are hoping to address by the time the next patch is released and if you are having any issues reproducing them, what can the community do to assist. Also, any plans for a usability overhaul of pit strategy UI?

What is troubling is that you communicated the issue you fixed this morning was already fixed in 2.0. It took community effort to illuminate that it wasn't fixed and additionally help you find the cause. If the issue was so hard for you to reproduce, why not engage the community before releasing 2.0 to help find the root cause?

Obviously there is a strong community of people able and willing to help you isolate causes of the issues we are experiencing when playing the game. My point being, you could have easily had something solid to work with far earlier than today.

None the less, better late than never.

I don't find that troubling, I find it very encouraging. We're all in this together and you know we're listening.

FederalHercules
07-07-2015, 16:34
I don't find that troubling, I find it very encouraging. We're all in this together and you know we're listening.

Ok, How about if I say "I personally find it disappointing that you communicated...". To be more direct, what I would like to see is earlier interaction with the community on issues that you say are hard to reproduce. In this specific case, the community has had no problem reproducing it.

chig88
07-07-2015, 16:46

http://youtu.be/BlRvE9dKWQc

Sorry.

Grijo
07-07-2015, 17:09

THANK YOU!

Sorry, just wanna help. Itīs not a solution, only a way to do until real solution arrive. Sorry if I was not able to help.

Rambo_Commando
07-07-2015, 17:29
@sms, I think you guys are moving in the right direction. Fixing the pit sequence/issues/bugs both offline and online will pretty much solidify the core of your racing game. It will add a whole new aspect because right now pitting is like playing the lottery.

Keep up the great work.

NiQo
07-07-2015, 18:07
Big issue and screwed up my race last night. Happy to hear its prioritized. Please note that it's not only the pitting itself. Also setting up strategy's is hard. Often tires and pressures reset, or the wrong strategy is set to active. My 2 cents

Pink_650S
07-07-2015, 18:37
Sorry, just wanna help. Itīs not a solution, only a way to do until real solution arrive. Sorry if I was not able to help.

Hey! It wasnt intented as blaming you for trying to help :)

Fight-Test
07-07-2015, 18:38
Big issue and screwed up my race last night. Happy to hear its prioritized. Please note that it's not only the pitting itself. Also setting up strategy's is hard. Often tires and pressures reset, or the wrong strategy is set to active. My 2 cents

Here u go, no more probs. Pain in ass but will get u to the next patch.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/setups-pit-strategy-for-project-cars/

wyldanimal
07-07-2015, 20:35
... Please note that it's not only the pitting itself. Also setting up strategy's is hard. Often tires and pressures reset, or the wrong strategy is set to active. My 2 cents

Yes, that happens for me all the time, even now after 2.0
enter the pit, and the wrong strategy is Active.
go to edit the strategy and it doesn't save the whole window just closes
and then you get the wrong pit strategy that was active prior to trying to edit it.

how about an On-the-fly strategy?
a simple popup

with:
drop down to Select tires for front, and rear
Each tire has a pressure slider that is set to the same pressure you started with.
adjust it only if you want different pressure.

Slider to select fuel amount
Option Button to make Mechanical repairs
and a Single Ready Button.

if Option is selected, a 2nd popup with all the check boxes for only the items with damage
( you add the check if you want to repair it. )
a close button for the option window

this would help make it easy for the members who don't have a pre-planned strategy.

Umer Ahmad
07-07-2015, 20:44
jump to 7:00

http://youtu.be/5P6MKzou8zQ

I changed tyre componds (soft -> wet) and went back into the active strategy to reduce the fuel. I got wet tyre and no fuel, correctly.

Does this work for you?

Ofuscor
07-07-2015, 20:49
I lost an online championship because of this, I was second and gaining on the leader. Decided to pit early on lap 9 of 25 to avoid having to overtake him on track. Switched strategy to my early stop. I lost a lot of time just in the pit stop strategy window, and then the pit crew put the original strategy amount of fuel 45 Litres instead of the 65 Litres. Guess what, had to pit another time on lap 23 of 25. Set the strategy to just refuel 17 litres to finish the race. Pit crew put in the original 65 effin litres I requested in the previous stop.

How could you not notice this is beyond me. Have not played Project Bug since. That is how much anger I felt.

Raven403
08-07-2015, 10:37
jump to 7:00

http://youtu.be/5P6MKzou8zQ

I changed tyre componds (soft -> wet) and went back into the active strategy to reduce the fuel. I got wet tyre and no fuel, correctly.

Does this work for you?

Looks like this is in single player, most of the issues occur online, as it doesn't pause and wait for you to make those selections. You simply don't have time in online.

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 10:41
Looks like this is in single player, most of the issues occur online, as it doesn't pause and wait for you to make those selections. You simply don't have time in online.

Sorry I'm not too up to date regarding MP, but doesn't the pit crew now wait for you until you're finished managing your pit strategy?

Raven403
08-07-2015, 10:49
Sorry I'm not too up to date regarding MP, but doesn't the pit crew now wait for you until you're finished managing your pit strategy?

Sure, but if your in your pit stall and you save then close most of the time it uses whatever was set in the previous strat. It doesn't use the new values, if you go around and pit again it MIGHT use the new values but then your losing time pitting twice, then you may leave with boiling tires or the wrong compounds or the crew tops u off with fuel
Not trying to beat a dead horse but just telling you why that doesn't work online. It seems a lot of people aren't very familiar with the online and especially Xbox version, I guess a lot of people are just playing career or single race not sure. But it's very easy to get frustrated, quickly, playing online especially on the Xbox version

Pink_650S
08-07-2015, 11:38

Did you even read the text or watch the video in the first post?
If you did, you wouldnt be asking this tbh.

Raven403
08-07-2015, 11:49
It's becoming more and more obvious just how different the PC version is to the consoles, it's getting to the point where it seems alot of confusion stems from PC guys trying to help and of no fault of theirs they just cant, bc the consoles are so behind, especially Xbox. That's even behind the OTHER console

FederalHercules
08-07-2015, 11:54

Not only your post, its all over the XBOX forums as well. Pink_650S's video has been the most helpful out of the threads I have read and participated in.

I know am a broken record, and I am happy the multiplayer community is finally getting some issues raised to the top of the list, but it sure has taken long enough.

(And as a overly sensitive XBOX player, it was somewhat disheartening that it took a PS4 thread to get some traction on the pit issues. Big thanks to both PC and PS4 online players. If we (the online XBOX community) have to ride your coattails to get fixes, so be it! :) )

Bealdor
08-07-2015, 11:58

Sorry I totally forgot about that video in the OP. It's too long since I read it the last time.