PDA

View Full Version : Catalunya qualifiying

Lagoa
16-06-2015, 11:01
AI at 90% LMP1 season. Driving the Audi R18.
Untill now I always was top 5 qualify without too many problems.
But on Catalunya even at my best lap I'm still 3,5 seconds behind first!?3,5 sec!

Seriously... Not driving bad at all. Is it something with the Audi being too slow on this circuit?
Or is there something I'm missing...?? This is the first circuit where I really can't compete with the AI, and I'm driving like I always do so don't understand...

Bealdor
16-06-2015, 11:07
More details please.

Which tracks were you driving before?
Which setup adjustments did you make on the other tracks and for Catalunya?

I know that track pretty well and I don't think the AI is too fast there/faster than on other tracks.

Lagoa
16-06-2015, 11:15
More details please.

Which tracks were you driving before?
Which setup adjustments did you make on the other tracks and for Catalunya?

I know that track pretty well and I don't think the AI is too fast there/faster than on other tracks.

I've done about all tracks with the LMP1, as I did endurance series before this season. But endurance I did with the P30.
I'm not into all the technical stuff, so I didn't really change anything (maybe that's the problem?), I never do.. Only closed the radiator completely, put FFB master scale to 120 and reduced the fuel load to like 20l.

PeoplesChampion
16-06-2015, 13:14
What kind of cars are you racing against? The Marek and P30 smokes the Audi. I'm about 4 seconds quicker on most tracks with the P30 vs the Audi.

Bealdor
16-06-2015, 13:15
What kind of cars are you racing against? The P30 smokes the Audi. I'm about 4 seconds quicker on most tracks with the P30 vs the Audi.

Which is to be expected since the Audi is a 2011 spec car without hybrid system while the other protopypes are 2013 spec.

PeoplesChampion
16-06-2015, 13:22
Which is to be expected since the Audi is a 2011 spec car without hybrid system while the other protopypes are 2013 spec.

Just letting OP know that the Audi won't be competitive against some of the other cars. I am very aware of differences in era.

Bealdor
16-06-2015, 13:25
Just letting OP know that the Audi won't be competitive against some of the other cars. I am very aware of differences in era.

Just wanted to add this in general. I'm not questioning your knowledge mate. :)

Lagoa
16-06-2015, 14:03
What kind of cars are you racing against? The Marek and P30 smokes the Audi. I'm about 4 seconds quicker on most tracks with the P30 vs the Audi.

Well... Yeah racing with the Audi against marek and p30. But if this is the problem why didn't I have any issues with this on previous races.. :P

PeoplesChampion
16-06-2015, 17:17
Well... Yeah racing with the Audi against marek and p30. But if this is the problem why didn't I have any issues with this on previous races.. :P

Perhaps you were on tracks that didn't fully exploit their benefits.. KERS, for example. They are faster cars.. Period.

Lagoa
16-06-2015, 20:21
Perhaps you were on tracks that didn't fully exploit their benefits.. KERS, for example. They are faster cars.. Period.

which one is better (faster), the p30 or the marek?

LMR ShOwTiMe875
17-06-2015, 10:35
I think the p30. Handles like a dream and is quite powerful. Both are good tho but I prefer p30.

PeoplesChampion
17-06-2015, 11:05
which one is better (faster), the p30 or the marek?

They are very close.. At Dubai I run consistent 40's with the occasional 39.. The Marek runs 41's. I haven't broken into the 40's with the Marek, yet. The P30 has more power.. The Marek, more torque. Both are very fun cars to drive, yet very different.

Lagoa
17-06-2015, 16:49
Seems so that I have to abondon season with the Audi r18... Can't compete with AI times on catalunya, and putting AI at 70 or 60 doesn't interest me much :P Didn't know the Audi was that slower... sigh.. Still think it's weird I didn't notice on previous tracks. Closing the radiotor completly should give the car more speed right?

OpticalHercules
17-06-2015, 18:15
Less drag, so slightly more acceleration for the few laps that the engine will survive.