PDA

View Full Version : last race for now

LextersQuest
16-06-2015, 12:45
Wanted to do some endurance racing.
Started with the Aston Martin GT4.

To avoid the annoying bug of losing setting i made a setup in practice and saved it in garage.

Starting in carreer practice 1hr. Trying to do my practice laps. But AI is just not letting me do clean laps.
Only on a straight they seem to be able to pass me without hitting me. At a corner they just ram me in the side or just cut the complete corner and push me wide wen i come out of corner.
After few hit i have damage and have to go to pits. And there goes my setup.
I skip to qualify enter again the setup but again those ai from higher class dont seem to be able to pass cleanly wen im in or near a corner. After 4 laps i have damage again an in pits i lose once again my setup.

Had enough now. Rolled my wheel rig in storage.

Could have been a amazing great game but just cant keep doing those workarounds for the setup and then the behaviour of the ai sometimes is just impossible. Yea if i put ai on low difficulty one has les problems with them but whats the use in that being in front with no challenge.

marcoma
16-06-2015, 12:50
Drop AI slider to 80 or 70. They are still fast just not as aggressive.

Bobbydakid
16-06-2015, 14:39
I've avoided career until the setup bug is fixed, solo race weekends will do for now. Agree with you about the AI, they just don't give enough room when you are side by side with them in a corner. I race with damage off for this very reason, I know you shouldn't have to do that but until AI changes are made it's an alternative.

Don't lower the AI slider, it makes it boring as you'll be in the lead the whole race. Better to have damage off in my opinion.

LextersQuest
16-06-2015, 15:08
I've avoided career until the setup bug is fixed, solo race weekends will do for now. Agree with you about the AI, they just don't give enough room when you are side by side with them in a corner. I race with damage off for this very reason, I know you shouldn't have to do that but until AI changes are made it's an alternative.

Don't lower the AI slider, it makes it boring as you'll be in the lead the whole race. Better to have damage off in my opinion.

Yes i could put damage off. Lowering AI no no then i could as wel be driving on an empty track like you say boring. I rather lose a race in a good battle then win every time.
By tommorrow my frustration will be lower and mayby i should do like you and leave the carreer for after all the patches and do some solo race weekends.

jgaganas
16-06-2015, 15:23
Damage off and give them a re-bump from time to time... works for me ;)

AI is getting fine tuned for sure over time...

OpticalHercules
16-06-2015, 16:20
AI seems very rough to me in practice and qual in that first endurance RA race. They were much much cleaner in the race itself, although a couple of the LMP1 drivers couldn't quite figure out how to get around some of the LMP2 backmarkers. I spent the first night of Endurance getting more and more frustrated running two or three laps in prac until I got frustrated and backed out/restarted. Finally had to kick the difficulty down to 40 and cross my fingers that I'd be the first out of the pits before the LMP1's caught up and went all Mad Max on me. Put the session back up to my normal 70 diff for the race and all went well enough. Still got slammed into the wall twice at turn 3 enough make me want to enter the pits, though not enough to make the damage-pit-warning come up.

I really do wish though that Endurance races started much earlier in the day. Most events of that type don't run 3/4 of the race in darkness...

ForzaCars
16-06-2015, 16:41
To be fair I have just as much fun doing Time Trials - no other cars (except maybe a ghost of my best in session), just me and the track and the lap time delta.