PDA

View Full Version : PS4 FORMULA A LEAGUE / EVENT

phildl72
16-06-2015, 13:43
Hi,

Looking for non-assist Formula A events/race with clean drivers. These cars are just the best openwheel console has offered and I really hope to max out the experience with clean drivers.

PCARS offers so many good tracks........let me know if that is your thing and which tracks you like.

Phil (PSN: Phildl72)

tigerpaw11
18-06-2015, 18:07
Hi!

I'm also looking for the same: no assists, clean and preferable cockpit cam races/leagues on full distance. Not easy to find or perhaps im looking at the wrong places��.

Anyway, if you care for some practise/racing i'm up for it. I sent you a message on psn as well.

Psn: tigerpaw11

Skilltacular1988
18-06-2015, 18:13
Hi!

I'm also looking for the same: no assists, clean and preferable cockpit cam races/leagues on full distance. Not easy to find or perhaps im looking at the wrong places��.

Anyway, if you care for some practise/racing i'm up for it. I sent you a message on psn as well.

Psn: tigerpaw11

Maybe this is something for you mate: http://projectcars.onlinegamingleague.org/index.php

tigerpaw11
18-06-2015, 19:23
Thank's man!

I took a look, seams well organized. Didn't find a f1 league though. Is this something you guys plan to start or did i missed to spot it?

Skilltacular1988
18-06-2015, 19:45
Thank's man!

I took a look, seams well organized. Didn't find a f1 league though. Is this something you guys plan to start or did i missed to spot it?

Well we did 1 race. Each season a tier up, hopefully get more people to join for more divisions etc.
So for now we are racing in the rookie league. See our standings for now: http://projectcars.onlinegamingleague.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11
If you wanna join you can because there were some players that didnt show up and probably wont at all, so if youre interested please join us. The first race was a lot of fun, competition trough out the field. Drivers want a clean race and that was noticeable last race. Everybody was well aware of each other.

So if youre interested please come and join the already fun group. Leave youre psn name here: http://projectcars.onlinegamingleague.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21

tigerpaw11
18-06-2015, 20:21
I give it a thought for sure. Thanks again!

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 00:28
I'm down for FA races :)

please, no 3-5 lap bullshit

give me at least 15-20 laps for some proper battles and chases

MULTIVITZ
19-06-2015, 00:43
I think people are being a bit too hasty with the no assists. After getting to know some of the cars it's clear to me that some bennefit greatly to having their chassis working with the electronics. The tyres can have thier temperatures balanced and controlled much easier. Turn in slip can be managed, and full throttle attacks can be achieved with better accuracies. I am using my pad controller at 85% steering sensitivity!

Cars like the GT3's and FA, need tuning without assists, then tuning the ABS by brake bias and the TCS by traction slip and preload/diff settings to get maximum attack.

tigerpaw11
19-06-2015, 07:41
Cars like the GT3's and FA, need tuning without assists, then tuning the ABS by brake bias and the TCS by traction slip and preload/diff settings to get maximum attack.

But isn't it why you are here Multivitz, to help us with that? ;-)

tigerpaw11
19-06-2015, 07:46
I'm down for FA races :)

please, no 3-5 lap bullshit

give me at least 15-20 laps for some proper battles and chases

At least 15-20. In a perfect world it would be full distance, 350km, when the grid is big enough of course.

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 08:10
Even with half a grid, I'm happy to do full race distance. With little experience for such long races, tire fuel and lap time management becomes real stressful and entertaining.
Last good FA race I had I came 2nd by under 1 sec at Dubai when I pit for a few litres of fuel and took on tires by mistake! Led from the front the whole race and got overtaken at the pit exit at Dubai I nearly cried lol

tigerpaw11
19-06-2015, 09:50
I agree, full distance is something different than the average 10ish laps races. The focus and concentration for an hour and a half, keeping the pace, strategy etc, takes the racing to a different level.
I have'nt tried full distance in this game but in codemasters games i had a couple of seasons of full distance, no assist league racing which were fun and demanding. I can only imagine the effort needed in this game, which is so much more demanding and difficult.

But full distance requires a decent amount of cars imo, otherwise it could be pretty lonely on the track. I guess the grid can be filled with ai cars.

Now i'm way OT, sorry. At least we keep the thread at the top:-)

hkraft300
19-06-2015, 14:09
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

Dynamic__8
19-06-2015, 23:24
Hey ,I'm in for FA no-assist clean. PSN I.D. Dynamic__8

Lilwy88
20-06-2015, 09:05
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

One of us

lmntr
20-06-2015, 20:09
I am in for FA no assists’ races. Depending how far you want to take it, I would like forced cockpit view. As far as tracks, I would like all the tracks where formula 1 cars have raced past and present. Race length, I would prefer something along the lines of 45 min to 1 hr. Remember there is still practice? and qualifying. So the whole event would take about 2 hours. For now, I would like to reserve a spot if I could for about two weeks at least, then I could play; I had to send my wheel back after just getting it because of a defect and figured I will get a replacement in about 2 weeks. I am simply atrocious with a controller but if you do not mind me I will play with it. My PSN id is lmntr. I forgot with the excitement, what is the time zone you guys are planning to race?

tigerpaw11
20-06-2015, 20:41
I dont think we've gotten much further than posted in this thread so nothing planned as far as i know.

I think your idea of using past and present f1 tracks is good. If wikipedia can be trusted that would make it 11 tracks?

I can personally go for cockpit cam but can skip practise in favour for a longer race, but im happy with 50% also:-)

I figure the biggest issue would be the different time zones, i'm gmt+1

kalamazoo123
20-06-2015, 20:59
Hi all, i'm definitely up for some no assist FA racing on PS4. Full length races preferred but happy to go with what most want as long as it's clean.

Add me on PSN and let me know when you want to race - i will join if i can.

PSN - kalamazoo123

hkraft300
21-06-2015, 09:41
Aussie GMT+10
I use cockpit cam anyway
PSN hkraft300 just say pCars on the request
I'm on at odd hours day and night
Even if we don't do a "league" championship in happy for the odd practice/test/race session
1 more night and I'm reunited with my precious...

MULTIVITZ
21-06-2015, 11:14
Aaaarh....

Don't mind me. I've just been over to the F1 forums trying to pick up any tips from their race engineers. I found nothing new, alot of the stuff they were discussing I've known about for over twenty years! I did see some trends though, and will apply them more to the setups I'm working on.
You guys mentioned prefered tracks for your races, can someone post a likely list, that way, everyone can focus on doing preperation.
Carry on:rolleyes:

tigerpaw11
21-06-2015, 18:10
How about some practise/test race tomorrow 21.00 gmt+0 ?

hkraft300
21-06-2015, 19:49
Looking forward to it multi
Tiger If I make it home on time I might catch you for a sesh

lmntr
26-06-2015, 17:43
I am just waiting on my wheel. As soon as I get it, I will activate my plus subscription to participate on line. For now I suggest sending each other a friend invite over PS4

hkraft300
27-06-2015, 13:16
Anyone up for some FA races now/soonish? Lotus 98T perhaps?
GP tracks, assist/no assist I don't mind.

Are any of us preoccupied in other leagues? otherwise a Sunday time of your choice (not too late for GMT+0) should be fine for those of us that are further ahead in time.

OP how about a driver and track list to begin with?

We have...
Monaco, Monza GP, Catalunya GP, Spa, Nurburgring GP, Sakitto (Suzuka), Silverstone GP, Watkins Glen GP, Imola, Brands Hatch GP, Donnington GP, Zhuhai, Zolder, Dubai... past/present/close enough lol

lmntr
29-06-2015, 14:51
I like the list of tracks above, my suggestion is to start in alphabetical order. In absence of a dedicated website, maybe we can connect using the private message as a group? I can help maybe with Excel tables; I have to see if they can be attached or pasted. I am still waiting on my wheel and activation of plus subscription. Is Phildl72 still around?

hkraft300
29-06-2015, 16:43
We could use this thread for the time being couldn't we?

Brands
Donnington
Dubai
Catalunya
Hockenheim
Imola
Monaco
Monza
Nurburgring
Silverstone
Suzuka
Watkins
Zhuhai
Zolder

Definitely running the 9 tracks (cat to Watkins) the rest for a vote? I don't even know what Zolder looks like. There's a track Snetterton or Cadwell (can't remember which is the fast wide one) that could also be good with F1.

tigerpaw11
29-06-2015, 19:03
Wrote a long mess on the phone and it went out in space :(

I'm ok with the (full) list even though i like brno as much as i hate monaco.

I'm a member at project cars ps4 which runs a gt3 league atm. F1 is coming up but not much interest yet. Webpage is projectcars-ps4.eu
Perhaps we can show our interest there? Maybe we can mould the upcoming league at bit to our liking?

lmntr
29-06-2015, 19:46
Wrote a long mess on the phone and it went out in space :(

I'm ok with the (full) list even though i like brno as much as i hate monaco.

I'm a member at project cars ps4 which runs a gt3 league atm. F1 is coming up but not much interest yet. Webpage is projectcars-ps4.eu
Perhaps we can show our interest there? Maybe we can mould the upcoming league at bit to our liking?

I took a quick look at the website and I like what I see. It is still growing and some parts are to be built. They already run GT with no assists and I assume are planning F1 the same. Since you are already a member why don't you propose a formula A league and see how it goes.

tigerpaw11
29-06-2015, 20:04
Actually they are planning a f1 league. If you look under "leagues" you'll find f1, or if it says open wheel, and there is a document with some further info. I just think enough people is needed to form a proper league. They know im interested, for sure.

tigerpaw11
29-06-2015, 20:07
Gt league uses real assists, f1 would be likewise. Not sure what real means regarding f1 as the traction slip parameter could be used while using real assists. Do you know how thats works?

hkraft300
29-06-2015, 23:30
Ye real assists allows TC for Formula A

lmntr
30-06-2015, 15:58
Yes, I saw that with project cars. It has a lock on the slip parameter; I imagine it was always locked for me because I use no assists always and never tried it with traction control. Perhaps it is an adjustment to how much traction control you need. Never mind, I re-read the thread and I think your saying that when the game is set with real assists, it means they allow traction control?

tigerpaw11
30-06-2015, 16:34
Im not sure what im saying, especially in english :-)
..but i always do FA without assist, but sometimes when i set up a lobby in mp i turn on 'real assist' for that lobby. Then the screen shows that all assists are turned off - stability, abs and tc turns black and shows that they are turned off. But when i setup the car before the race i am able to use the traction control slider (or lock slider or whatever its called) , which i cant when manually turn off all assists. Strange indeed.

hkraft300
30-06-2015, 19:49
Ye real assists won't allow you to change which assists are on/off so they're locked.
Some road cars will have all 3, some will have only ABS...
TC on FA cars tbh won't make you that much quicker if you're good on the throttle, because even with TC it will spin up in certain conditions.

So anyway... How about that track list?
And a driver list too, anyone? I'm happy with real or no assist

lmntr
30-06-2015, 20:43
hkraft300, I like the list of tracks you already compiled.
Brands
Donnington
Dubai
Catalunya
Hockenheim
Imola
Monaco
Monza
Nurburgring
Silverstone
Suzuka
Watkins
Zhuhai
Zolder

Drivers names as far as people that have posted;
(some have not confirmed their PSN Id so I posted their board id.)

kalamazoo123 --
tigerpaw----------confirmed
Phildl72-----------
hkraft300---------confirmed
Dynamic_8-------
Lilwy88-----------
Skilltacular1988-
MULTIVITZ-------
MLT24 -----------
lmntr ------------confirmed

I have just sent friend requests to all in the list except mlt24 (could not tell what id to choose and dynamic who already is a friend)

hkraft300
01-07-2015, 07:53
hkraft300, I like the list of tracks you already compiled.
Brands
Donnington
Dubai
Catalunya
Hockenheim
Imola
Monaco
Monza
Nurburgring
Silverstone
Suzuka
Watkins
Zhuhai
Zolder

I don't like it lol
New Hockenheim sucks I like the old one better.
Zhuhai put me to sleep within half a lap (I've never completed a lap there because Zzzzzz)

tigerpaw11
01-07-2015, 14:52
Yes, zhuhai could go in my book, not a f1 track also. Not dubai as well but at least its a reallt nice track.

Regarding the lenght of the races, what you guys say? 100%, 50%?

Tire wear x? More pit stops= more dynamic?
What day/time for races? I personally prefer weekday evenings.
No assists?
Weather?

Now we are at least 3, some more please?

lmntr
01-07-2015, 15:27
Even though it is not a f1 track, I vote Road America instead of Zhuhai. I am not sure you select race length by percentage but more on number of laps; perhaps we can decide on a time limit and figure the number of laps to match. What about 45 minutes? 15 minutes qualifying. I am not sure practice time. I have not tried the tire wear multiplier (always ran real) and have not race longer than 15 laps. If anyone is more familiar with tire wear maybe we can decide with the aim of replacing tires at least once. Dynamic weather will be fine. The start time of the race within the game 14:00 hrs. Obviously, No assists and forced cockpit? (we can vote, but I like cockpit). As far as race day, I would go for weekday evening. We need to work on a social race for next week, this way we can invite people to sign up, as well as practice the track with the settings agreed on.

tigerpaw11
01-07-2015, 17:28
We've forgotten circuit bugatti, an old f1 track, i think it should be included.
I'm happy with road america instead of zhuhai any day of the week.

A F1 race is 305km. Maybe we can do half that distance if you guys dont want to run full distance? Half a distance is in average 30-35 lap 40-50min) something.. This is doable (but tough) without pitstop so maybe we set tire wear to x2 or x3 for different strategies, at least in the social race?

Dynamic weather adds an extra dimension for sure, i need massive practise though.

More confirmations guys?

Got your wheel yet lmntr?

hkraft300
01-07-2015, 17:43
Yes to road America
No assists
Tire and fuel at real. I haven't had my tires last more than 12-14 laps at Dubai so a pit stop will be in.
I'm down for Bugatti too.
Fine for a weekday race.

tigerpaw11
02-07-2015, 06:33
I agree on dubai is hard on the tires. I can do 15 laps tops.

lmntr
02-07-2015, 13:45
We need to decide the home base time. I can adjust my schedule easily. The most popular area for the game appears to be european so maybe we should choose London time. This way we can attract participants. What do you guys think? Lets see, London Friday evening will make it Australia Saturday morning and America noonish. You guys need to decide.

tigerpaw11
02-07-2015, 18:32
Home base time london works for me, racing friday, sat or sunday evening doesn't im afraid.

tigerpaw11
02-07-2015, 18:36
...well, after 21:30 gmt would work these days.

lmntr
02-07-2015, 19:45
We can choose any day Monday through Thursday as well; I was trying to make it attractive to hkraft in case he works or goes to school in the morning. Once we hear from him we can finalize the day and time.

hkraft300
02-07-2015, 19:49
Neither ATM pCars is more important xD
I will wake up at 3am (GMT +10 AEST) for a league race if I must lol

lmntr
02-07-2015, 20:10
Okay tiger, what day Monday through Thursday would work best for you at 20:00 hours London time?

tigerpaw11
02-07-2015, 22:30
Just to clarify: i can race fri-sun from 21:30 (with kind allowance from mrs tigerpaw). Weekdays are all fine but i spoke to kalamazoo today and he could make it mondays and thursdays so either of those at 20.00 gmt will do. He's confirmed btw.

Yes, a decent time for hkraft would be nice, are you sure you're ok with getting up at 3am?

hkraft300
02-07-2015, 22:34
That works
Put me down
I'll have a chat with a couple of lads on my list who are interested

tigerpaw11
02-07-2015, 22:40
Thats sounds good hkraft, i'll have a few clean f1racers myself to contact. We just have to settle the timing first.

hkraft300
02-07-2015, 22:52
I'm fine with 20:00 London time :)

Inbox me on PSN when you're keen for a race tiger

lmntr
03-07-2015, 02:13
Let's make this next Thursday, July 9th, our first official Social Race. 20:00 hrs. GMT. We can plan at least three Social Races to help build participants base. If I may be so bold to call dibs on the first and choose Spa. Both of you will get your first choice for tracks on the second and third Social Race. The settings will be all real and; I am not sure if we decided on force cockpit yet. I still need to work on total number of laps; I will be getting back to you on that. I thought in looking up fastest lap with same car, adding 10 seconds, dividing 45 minutes by that to arrive at result. Are we in agreement?

hkraft300
03-07-2015, 02:18
Done deals
Spa is my nemesis...

tigerpaw11
03-07-2015, 04:30
I'm ok with that lmntr, if you wanna make the effort. Another way to go is divide the original number of laps in half and you will get in the same ballpark i guess. Spa is 44 laps so 22 laps is 50%. Compare that with your calculation and see if its close, just for fun at least.

9th July, 20.00gmt. Spa

Yeah hkraft, we better practise mate.

lmntr
03-07-2015, 23:41
You are correct; I am overcomplicating things. 22 laps it is. I will be sending you guys a private message with race session set up specifics in a little while. Please look over and let me know of any concerns.

hkraft300
04-07-2015, 02:19
All the options are good
Just that I recommend performance impacting damage so we get less DNF and retain a bigger field of drivers to the end :)

Dynamic__8
04-07-2015, 03:13
Hey guys,sorry I can't make 20:00 GMT, that's 2pm for me and I will be working. I know you guys will have a good race with a no-assist group.

Tallahasse2015
04-07-2015, 13:09
Can i get an add please,my PSN is : redfox75uk .

Thanks.

tigerpaw11
04-07-2015, 16:22
That's a shame dynamic8, perhaps the timings will be changed further on after the test races.

I get your point hkraft, perhaps its something to consider after the test races?!

I'll add you next time i log in Tallahasse, welcome to our little group :-)

lmntr
04-07-2015, 17:14
Welcome redfox75uk, glad to have you part of our group. Dynamic_8, sorry you can not make it; we are open to suggestions. hkraft300, the idea of full damage is to have participants mindful that if they attempt over-optimistic moves; their race could end as well. Good way to feel what is attemptable and what is not, is to set up AI 90 or 100 % during private gaming: They fight you and can crash you out!! We will certainly revisist this issue before official races though. So far we have:

Brands
Bugatti - added
Donnington
Dubai
Catalunya
Hockenheim
Imola
Monaco
Monza
Nurburgring
Road America
Silverstone
Spa -- we forgot about this one
Suzuka
Watkins
Zhuhai
Zolder

And participants:

kalamazoo123 ---not sure, did he confirm?
tigerpaw----------confirmed
Phildl72-----------
hkraft300---------confirmed
Dynamic_8-------to be confirmed
Lilwy88-----------
Skilltacular1988-
MULTIVITZ-------
MLT24 -----------
lmntr ------------confirmed
redfox75uk------confirmed

Also I am considering redirecting to a new thread so that we can edit the first post to give updates and information of our group and race settings.

These are the settings for our first social race:

Race Length – 50% of official length – 22 laps
Rolling Start - No
Weather – Random
In-game Race Start time 14:00 hrs.
Interior view – forced
Assists – No
Full Damage – yes
Mechanical Failures – yes
Tire wear – Real
Fuel Usage – Real
Auto Start – yes
Flag penalties – on

Practice 10 mins -- this will give you time to set up car
Qualifying 15 mins
Warm up - No

hkraft300
04-07-2015, 21:59
Sorry I can't make it either got called in to work last minute
Fine with full damage mate :)
Sometimes I feel performance impacting damage is a little more sensitive to light impacts but retain the ability to limp back to the pits for repairs.
Anyway hope the race goes good :)

tigerpaw11
05-07-2015, 08:54
Yes, go ahead and make a new thread with info about our upcoming league. Good to get a clean sheet. What did we say about circuit bugatti, include that as well?
Kalamazoo123 told me he will join but it would be nice if he confirmed himself.

Hkraft, you still at work next thursday? Just want to make sure you didnt mixed up the race dates. :-)

hkraft300
05-07-2015, 09:18
I did mix up the dates lol
I should be right for Thursday unless this job turns full time

kalamazoo123
05-07-2015, 23:31
Sorry lads - i can't make Thurs night.

I would like to race with you, but to be honest with F1 2015 out on Friday, i expect i will be spending my time on that from then onwards. Maybe catch you on there if any of you are getting it.

lmntr
06-07-2015, 01:39
I understand; F1 2015 will be available in the USA on July 21st. I am contemplating doing both; so since you guys in Europe will be getting the game first, I am counting on you to tell us how they both differ in vehicle handling before buying it. If Pcar is better than I will play it exclusively.
Also, to answer tigerpaw11, Bugatti track has been added.

lmntr
06-07-2015, 02:44
Please continue all conversation in our new thread:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34108-No-assists-Formula-A-racing-group-_-NAFARG-Event-Group-forming&p=1032355#post1032355

This will allow us edit with ease of information of our group, settings and events. We appreciate your interest.

tigerpaw11
06-07-2015, 04:49
I take this here as it doesnt belong in our new thread:

I was so tired of codemasters arcady handling (abuse the car almost anyway you want without consequenses) so when pcars came out it was a whole new experience. Here mistakes is not gonna pass easily; flatspots, vibrations and broken suspension etc is the price you have to pay for sloppy driving.

I guess it's not going to be easy for Pcars FA cars to compete against codies official f1 game with original tracks, cars and, yeah....everything, BUT, when you scale away all that shiny parts in codies games its still a arcady feeling. (obviously not played 2015 but im sure it's the same old story).

Cheers!

Bealdor
06-07-2015, 07:22
Closed per user request.