PDA

View Full Version : Nordschleife

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 15:05
Can anyone give me any tips for the safe and fast completion of Nordschleife? Specifically the last third of the the track, in the down hill sections. The Sierra RS500 has no power until it's on boost, but it comes in at really inconvenient intervals. The thing is really unstable on the limit, It's hard enough to hold it together on small tracks; a whole lap of Nordschleife is effing exhausting.
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.:)

Dutchmountains
16-06-2015, 15:16
You can give the sierra less wastegate pressure.
Then you can go faster on youre throtlle.

AirFlight101
16-06-2015, 15:22
Nordschleife is a track you have to learn curve bei curve. It is very difficult because there are curves which are very similar und you will be very confused when the next part of the track is not the part you have expected! :D
Watch cockpit videos on youtube, try to drive parts slow, print the trackplan on paper and try to learn the curves and draw the plan on a white sheet of paper. Than you have to drive races with the AI, just follow another car which has a comfortable speed for you to learn apexes and breaking points.

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 15:25
You can give the sierra less wastegate pressure.
Then you can go faster on youre throtlle.

Excellent, thanks. I'll give that a try. My Clarkson-esque philosophy for power has screwed up my handling, hasn't it? lol

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 15:30
Nordschleife is a track you have to learn curve bei curve. It is very difficult because there are curves which are very similar und you will be very confused when the next part of the track is not the part you have expected! :D
Watch cockpit videos on youtube, try to drive parts slow, print the trackplan on paper and try to learn the curves and draw the plan on a white sheet of paper. Than you have to drive races with the AI, just follow another car which has a comfortable speed for you to learn apexes and breaking points.

The later parts of the track, that look similar, is where I'm loosing my composure. The first two thirds of the track I cope with. (It was so much easier in SHIFT2 lol)

NemethR
16-06-2015, 15:34
Well, I can only suggest do some laps, then more laps, and then even more laps.
After all,t he track is s fun to drive.

(btw.: I would suggest using the BMW or the Merc for that)

Jubis
16-06-2015, 15:36
Drive, drive and drive. Also look some youtube videos for IRL fast laps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0z9TbFW6tU

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 15:43
Wheel time it is....Anyone got Sabine's skype?

AirFlight101
16-06-2015, 15:45
I think Audi LMS Ultra is the car with the easisest handling for that track.

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 15:48
I'm not looking for an easy ride. I wouldn't be driving the Cosworth otherwise. ;)

I want to be number one, with this car, on all tracks. I already have Silversone GP, Brands Hatch GP, and Oulton Park International. Nordschleife next.

AirFlight101
16-06-2015, 15:59
Number one in which context?

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 16:01
Time trial. Sierra RS500.

madmax2069
16-06-2015, 16:27
Crank the boost up and learn the turbo lag, control your throttle and its a damn quick car.

Schnizz58
16-06-2015, 16:34
Nordschleife is a track you have to learn curve bei curve. It is very difficult because there are curves which are very similar und you will be very confused when the next part of the track is not the part you have expected!
Ha! I've had that happen many times. I come out of a corner expecting to be here and I'm actually there. I've found that it helps to break it down into sections too and learn each section first, then put them all together.

Seelenkrank
16-06-2015, 17:59
Ha! I've had that happen many times. I come out of a corner expecting to be here and I'm actually there. I've found that it helps to break it down into sections too and learn each section first, then put them all together.

and this would be a nice feature of the game if you can practice races on long tracks like the green hell into sections and train them step by step (maybe between 2 time takings or pure luxury you choose from --> to and get 200-300 meter to speed up.
after ending you would start on your choosen startpoint on the beginning.
but this is daydreaming ;)

MULTIVITZ
16-06-2015, 18:12
It don't bottom out as much as I'd thought. But my first attempt made me back the throttle off in the last fast sections, highly unlike me:rolleyes:
Scared me tbh.
The RS500 is my signiture car, the game says, only drove it a handful of times!
I keep going back for a tune, it's nearly there, I just got to be in the mood lol

Holdidi
16-06-2015, 18:35
Hi,
what would you recommend for GT-cars on the Nordschleife:
More downforce with rear wing to have better grip in curves or less downforce to have top-speed on Döttinger Höhe?

Thanks

MULTIVITZ
16-06-2015, 18:49
Less wing usually, depends how brave you are.

Seelenkrank
16-06-2015, 19:19
fast cornering will safe more time than a top speed on the end imho

yusupov
16-06-2015, 19:23
i subscribe to this channel, its also got a top 5 mistakes posted recently. good stuff --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhAvWCFOzD4

ssijak
16-06-2015, 19:32
Is the turn in Nordschleife where along the whole turn there is elevation difference and it looks like the track is patched with different kind of asphalt correctly modeled? Because when I watch youtube videos of the track in real life, it does not look like to have such an elevation difference and such a bump along left side of the track. That turn forces me to really slow down and drive on the inner curve because else I would lose control and hit the wall.

yusupov
16-06-2015, 19:32
do you mean the caroussel??

ssijak
16-06-2015, 19:50
Yes. It looks much easier in real life :D I am playing on ds4 controller on ps4 and I just can not stay on that slope with the controller if I try to go as fast as it should and I lose controle and go over the slope to the wall. So I must slow down and ride between the left edge and the slope. Btw, I have 20 hours invested in that track with GT cars, and am riding on pro and without any assists, visual aids, with helmet cam and I am manually switching gears.

yusupov
16-06-2015, 19:51
its very difficult, for me anyway, in any sim. ive felt the pcars one is a bit easier, i think maybe you get a little extra grip to help keep you up on it. but yeah i slow down right before entry then try to speed thru it...dont worry too much about messing it up, ppl just dont post the videos where they do that :D

also check out that video i linked bc im sure he gives some good tips on how to take it smoothly

ssijak
16-06-2015, 20:28
Very nice picture also of the track (and the carousel in the middle :) ) : http://www.fastcar.co.uk/fastcar-assets/2012/01/nurburgring-cornering-map-guide-download.jpg

And from the top of my head, gears on this map overlap with the gears that I ended up driving with bmw m3 gt after a few hundred kilometers on this track.

madmax2069
16-06-2015, 20:31
The carousel on the green hell has always been a thorn in my side. But always loved the track.

SRT SPEEDY
16-06-2015, 20:45
God nordschleife in this game but it is something wrong in the first esses after the start. The cars jumps like crazy and its wery easy to spin out in a race car.
Driving on the limit on this sektion is not comfortable and ends to often in a crash. That I dont like but the rest is ok.

Baron_Greenback
16-06-2015, 21:31
i subscribe to this channel, its also got a top 5 mistakes posted recently. good stuff --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhAvWCFOzD4

That is a great help, thanks.