Edit: SARCASM

beetes_juice
16-06-2015, 15:54
May want to change the title to Enjoy the "ultimate Trim/Cut"

Edit: sarcasm noted

Disposable_Hero
16-06-2015, 15:56
May want to change the title to Enjoy the "ultimate Trim/Cut"
Way too forgiving on this track, i think itīs already on the list.

FA RACING 01
16-06-2015, 16:00
Title can be "World Cut Record" too.

On XBone the record is about 15 seconds faster than the time on the clip - 3:10.xxx. Impossible to follow the ghost to see what he's up to. I tried, but the rocket is to fast.

marcdxn
16-06-2015, 16:10
I find videos like these really gutting to watch, i want to see really good driver videos where they set records without cutting the track where you can try and learn where you are going wrong.

:(

AfterAll14
16-06-2015, 16:15
Title can be "World Cut Record" too.

On XBone the record is about 15 seconds faster than the time on the clip - 3:10.xxx. Impossible to follow the ghost to see what he's up to. I tried, but the rocket is to fast.

I find videos like these really gutting to watch, i want to see really good driver videos where they set records without cutting the track where you can try and learn where you are going wrong.

:(

Its a sarcastic video just to show how those alien top times are achieved ;)

Here some real driving for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgmyowWrDRo

FA RACING 01
16-06-2015, 16:18
Its a sarcastic video just to show how those alien top times are achieved ;)

Here some real driving for you:

I figured that mate.

Voxen
16-06-2015, 16:18
World record of driving like a pig, yes.

Edit: ok you replied it was sarcastic :)

Gamingoneasy
16-06-2015, 16:29
"Watch me i am the best !" What a Croc.

trouble is too many will copy this idiot. Funny though

Ian Bell
16-06-2015, 16:30
"Watch me i am the best !" What a Croc.

trouble is too many will copy this idiot. Funny though

They won't be able to for long.

arveena
16-06-2015, 16:30
I actually enjoyed that video. Its the right way of mocking the cheaters and cutters!

mister dog
16-06-2015, 16:50
http://cdn.emgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Seems-Legit-7.jpg

Even with all that track cutting, you are only 4 secs faster than the real life pole time of '99.

Is it me or does it seem a bit harder than normal to get close to realistic laptimes with a given car on Le Mans compared to it's real life counterpart? Maybe i'm just way to slow though :)

AfterAll14
16-06-2015, 16:57
http://cdn.emgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Seems-Legit-7.jpg

Even with all that track cutting, you are only 4 secs faster than the real life pole time of '99.

Is it me or does it seem a bit harder than normal to get close to realistic laptimes with a given car on Le Mans compared to it's real life counterpart? Maybe i'm just way to slow though :)

Well I only learned the track yesterday (not a Le Mans fan) and made this video. Driving normally I did 30-31 (rule of 2 wheels always on track). Its just about how much you cut. Cutting only the final chicane it makes 29 easily.

Its 32.8 for BMW:
http://www.racingsportscars.com/results/qualifying/Le_Mans-1999-05-02.html
It looks good if you drive the same way as real drivers.

Blvd69
16-06-2015, 17:02
Well I only learned the track yesterday (not a Le Mans fan) and made this video. Driving normally I did 30-31 (rule of 2 wheels always on track). Its just about how much you cut. Cutting only the final chicane it makes 29 easily.

Its 32.8 for BMW:
It looks good if you drive the same way as real drivers.nice Photoshop action there...lol
yeah the track is like that..so have fun anyways!

mister dog
16-06-2015, 17:12

Its 32.8 for BMW:
It looks good if you drive the same way as real drivers.

Ok good to hear, i find it quite hard to get even close to the real laptimes when i drive a lap normally (no cutting at all). Must be me being of the pace then. On default setup most Le Mans racers barely hit 300 on the Mulsanne straights, so i guess a lot of time is lost there also because of that.

jgaganas
16-06-2015, 17:23
Enjoy the "ultimate skill" :D

Well, it's definitely a skill, but not exactly a "glorious" one :)

Btw, how many times you have to drive (off) the track to find all these cutting opportunities... 1000 times? Well spent... :P

Edit: Obvious sarcasm edit was also sarcastic.

D1rty Duck UK
16-06-2015, 17:26
They won't be able to for long.

Ian, will this be in the next patch 1.5 or after? Also will the leaderboards be reset afterwards?

I like doing time trials but I think I have entered two community events so far due to people just cutting corners.

MULTIVITZ
16-06-2015, 17:50
So is everyone happy with the Bugatti circuit then? I think its ok to stop the congestion.
What.....only saying.

kyleen
16-06-2015, 18:16
I locate video lessons similar to these definitely gutting to look at, i must observe excellent new driver video lessons where by they collection data with no slicing this monitor which you could attempt to discover what your location is going inappropriate.
http://wigunpics.science/10/g.png

Howie
16-06-2015, 18:25
What set-up did you use? When I tried a set-up with 0 downforce (Audi TDi), It was almost 10 sec faster than the default? With no track cutting. Set-up here. http://pcars-setups.azurewebsites.net/

AfterAll14
16-06-2015, 18:38
What set-up did you use? When I tried a set-up with 0 downforce (Audi TDi), It was almost 10 sec faster than the default? With no track cutting. Set-up here. http://pcars-setups.azurewebsites.net/

Downforce 2-4, close brake ducts and radiator to 25%, gear ratios to reach 327, other is the same as this video:

MisterO
16-06-2015, 18:44
That supposed to be public already?

Panopticism
16-06-2015, 19:04
It's funny because in the corners where you couldn't cut, your lines were pretty untidy. Did you do that on purpose?

Hilarious video, by the way. Well done.

Pcars
16-06-2015, 19:40
I stick to track limits and with the marick I got 3:34:379

danpinho
16-06-2015, 19:54
…quite hard to get even close to the real laptimes when i drive a lap normally (no cutting at all)
Ideed, it is hard to get close real times:
The BMW V12 LMR #003/99 have made 3:33.931. I saw a 3:34.x with this very car a couple of times. That was a very clean lap by the way.

Edit: Radiator 60%, BD 20% and DF 1/1

Doug914
16-06-2015, 20:35
Way too forgiving on this track, i think itīs already on the list.

Yeah its already done along with new game wide limits on how far over the cut track sensors you can be before triggering the cut track. Will be in the next patch.

Disposable_Hero
16-06-2015, 21:42
Yeah its already done along with new game wide limits on how far over the cut track sensors you can be before triggering the cut track. Will be in the next patch.
Excellent, keep 'em coming;)

gpk99
16-06-2015, 23:17
LOOK...it's a SLUGHEAD...corner cutter cheater....splisiba!!!!!!!!!!

AfterAll14
17-06-2015, 00:57
It's funny because in the corners where you couldn't cut, your lines were pretty untidy. Did you do that on purpose?

Hilarious video, by the way. Well done.

The purpose of video is to show that no real skill required when you shortcutting. Hitting the wall, late braking, missing the apex - never mind, its still 3-4 seconds faster.

LOOK...it's a SLUGHEAD...corner cutter cheater....splisiba!!!!!!!!!!

You are wrong - it was a masterpiece driving :cool: Fast as hell :onthego:
LOL how many people take it seriously :D

Johnnypenso1
17-06-2015, 03:06
Brilliant @afterall14, a great way to highlight this rather annoying issue. Probably my greatest disappointment in the game so far is that this was not taken care of pre-launch. Thanks for the good work and funny video.

Skeme_DBT
17-06-2015, 03:26
Very funny video! Still makes me sad though :(

AfterAll14
17-06-2015, 03:47
Very funny video! Still makes me sad though :(

Oh, don't get sad please. Here is a cookie for you:

Alan Dallas
17-06-2015, 04:45
Brilliant @afterall14, a great way to highlight this rather annoying issue. Probably my greatest disappointment in the game so far is that this was not taken care of pre-launch. Thanks for the good work and funny video.
Cut track triggers were constantly being adjusted throughout development. I think your disappointment is misdirected. It should be directed at those that exploit the known and visibly well marked track limits.

Voxen
17-06-2015, 06:35
On PS4 when I select Le Mans track and the RWD LMP1, I can see that the world record is 3:15.
Where does that come from? Is this record made with same car or can it be with a faster car like a Formula A?

justonce68
17-06-2015, 08:17
Will these ludicrous lap times be removed from the leader boards?

ao1977
17-06-2015, 08:24
I lost my shit at Mulsanne. "Aaaand we didn't!" :highly_amused:

NemethR
17-06-2015, 09:02

Nice to hear, but exactly how will it be regulated?!

Fist of all I think there needs to be 2 different settings.
One for Time trial / community events / qualifying, and another for Races.

Time Trial / Community events / Quali should allow not a single wheel to cross the white line, or the curbs. (This would be the only fair way for all)
At the moment you allow 2 wheels over the white line, shicanes will be cut again with 3/4 of the car way off track. This is just bad.

Race obviously should be more felxible, as if someone gets bumped, or wants to avoid a collision, should not be penaltized.
But repeated cutting at the same place should give a penalty. Like:
1st cut: Warning
2nd cut: Warning
3rd cut: Final Warning
4th cut: 5 sec slowdown
5th cut: Drive through
6th cut: Stop and go
7th cut: Stop and go +10 sec
8th cut: Stop and go + 30 sec
9th cut: Stop and go + 1 min
10th cut: DQ

danpinho
17-06-2015, 13:04

Time Trial / Community events / Quali should allow not a single wheel to cross the white line, or the curbs. (This would be the only fair way for all)
At the moment you allow 2 wheels over the white line, shicanes will be cut again with 3/4 of the car way off track. This is just bad.

Race obviously should be more felxible, as if someone gets bumped, or wants to avoid a collision, should not be penaltized.

If I see ANY game in planet with that penalty system I would never play any other title.
IMO this is very well done but guess, Devs will tell us this very hard to implement.

EHM
17-06-2015, 13:28
Game will feel so much more complete when the penalties and flags are working as intended, I've never seen it this bad as in the video before though.

While Le Mans is currently on your minds for this video/problem, remember to get those passing lights working at the RUF curves :cool: .

JeyD02
17-06-2015, 14:50

Too many warnings. They are fine as long as they don't purposely drive off line. But if you had primarily the intention to cut by a large margin then a it be a hard penalty instead of warning.

St3fan
17-06-2015, 20:11
The first community event I tried the fastest ghost had worse cutting than this. I think this should be fixed asap that new players will not have a wrong idea about racing lines in game.

EHM
17-06-2015, 20:30
World Record?! Pfffft!

http://i.imgur.com/bAYgieg.png

JDFSSS
17-06-2015, 21:23
lol the video was good for a laugh. well done on your record, you deserve it. you are clearly the best!

Doug914
17-06-2015, 21:26

Well i agree there should be different rules for race vs time trial for instance, but that ain't happenin'. Maybe for Pcars2. What made the cut tracks on the liberal side to begin with was leaning towards not destroying the racing where you do get forces off and bumped ect during the heat of the battle. We'll see what outcry we get from the other side now that its stricker. Probably falls under the "be carefull what you wish for."anyways, it can be further tweaked if its decided to. Ive been racing with it for a couple of weeks now and don't think its too excessive.

John Hargreaves
17-06-2015, 21:50
World Record?! Pfffft!

Now that is fast ;)

Stag
17-06-2015, 22:09
Brilliant
About time people started laughing at the cheats that take up most of the top times everywhere.
No ghost. No time
No control. No time
Off track No time

gpk99
18-06-2015, 00:45
faster than the Space Shuttle...lol

sswishbone
18-06-2015, 05:09
It's funny if you go one tyre off on the outside of the Porsche curves it invalidates your time, but straightline the Ford chicane and no one cares, this game is just broken. The developers need to speak to actual race stewards about racing rules and get it sorted!

EHM
18-06-2015, 06:24
Brilliant
About time people started laughing at the cheats that take up most of the top times everywhere.
No ghost. No time
No control. No time
Off track No time

I wish I could have recorded a replay but I had to exit the entire session to stop this bug/glitch happening. I wanted to see what was actually happening on track.

I suspect the simulate time option had somehow been enabled and sped up in multiplayer Qualify, as on my screen the AI was driving, at pretty much lightspeed.

Paulo Ribeiro
18-06-2015, 09:05
World Record?! Pfffft!

That was made by Enterprise at WARP 9?

FoxMulder
18-06-2015, 09:28
Well i agree there should be different rules for race vs time trial for instance, but that ain't happenin'. Maybe for Pcars2. What made the cut tracks on the liberal side to begin with was leaning towards not destroying the racing where you do get forces off and bumped ect during the heat of the battle. We'll see what outcry we get from the other side now that its stricker. Probably falls under the "be carefull what you wish for."anyways, it can be further tweaked if its decided to. Ive been racing with it for a couple of weeks now and don't think its too excessive.

I agree getting bumped off track and then getting penalised for cutting is equally frustrating. Wonder if it would be possible to implement a rule kinda like when there was contact immediately before the cutting you don't get a penalty.

NemethR
18-06-2015, 09:38
Well i agree there should be different rules for race vs time trial for instance, but that ain't happenin'.

WHY?
It is really easy to code, and not hard to do, so, I don't see why we could not get it.

IF Session is Qualy, TT, or Community, then use these rules
ELSE use the other rules.

Its really not hard to do.

N0body Of The Goat
18-06-2015, 09:50

Doug, could we not make use of the Novice; Amateur; Pro settings to implement different consequences for cutting?

For example...
Novice: 1 warnings "you cut the track limits," 2nd time inform them "there will be a penalty for further cut infractions," 3rd+ "you will have a further 5 seconds added to your finish time"
Amateur: 1 warning "you cut the track limits," 2nd time inform them "there will be a penalty for further cut infractions," 3rd time "you will have a further 5 seconds added to your finish time," 4th+ time "you will have a further 10 seconds added to your finish time"
Pro: 1st time "there will be a penalty for further cut infractions," 2nd+ time "you will have a further 5 seconds added to your finish time," 3rd time "you will have a further 10 seconds added to your finish time," 4th+ time "you will have a further 25 seconds added to your finish time"

A similar use of novice/amateur/pro settings could also be used to decide consequences of other racing infractions, such as ramming. ;)

hophans
18-06-2015, 10:09
It took a bit to soak in but a good laugh at the end if you don't feed the troll :)

NemethR
18-06-2015, 10:18
Doug, could we not make use of the Novice; Amateur; Pro settings to implement different consequences for cutting?

For example...
Novice: 1 warnings "you cut the track limits," 2nd time inform them "there will be a penalty for further cut infractions," 3rd+ "you will have a further 5 seconds added to your finish time"
Amateur: 1 warning "you cut the track limits," 2nd time inform them "there will be a penalty for further cut infractions," 3rd time "you will have a further 5 seconds added to your finish time," 4th+ time "you will have a further 10 seconds added to your finish time"
Pro: 1st time "there will be a penalty for further cut infractions," 2nd+ time "you will have a further 5 seconds added to your finish time," 3rd time "you will have a further 10 seconds added to your finish time," 4th+ time "you will have a further 25 seconds added to your finish time"

A similar use of novice/amateur/pro settings could also be used to decide consequences of other racing infractions, such as ramming. ;)

And how would you balance it in an Online race?!

I mean I am a Novice, I can ram the car in front of me free of consequences, but the is a pro, he is not allowed to ram me, so I can defend how I just want to?!

N0body Of The Goat
18-06-2015, 10:23
And how would you balance it in an Online race?!

I mean I am a Novice, I can ram the car in front of me free of consequences, but the is a pro, he is not allowed to ram me, so I can defend how I just want to?!

The rules in place are based on the server creator's "experience level" (novice/amateur/pro).

You can already filter the server browser by novice/amateur/pro.

So if consequences are linked to these "experience levels," if you enter a "pro" server for example, you enter knowing that penalties for cutting are stricter for all drivers.

My example consequences are all about offline/online racing, I am not suggesting that novices can cut the track in Time Trial mode and post a time deemed "legal."

ELAhrairah
18-06-2015, 10:57
I subscribed to your channel to give you more money and a better life :D

NemethR
18-06-2015, 10:59
The rules in place are based on the server creator's "experience level" (novice/amateur/pro).

You can already filter the server browser by novice/amateur/pro.

So if consequences are linked to these "experience levels," if you enter a "pro" server for example, you enter knowing that penalties for cutting are stricter for all drivers.

My example consequences are all about offline/online racing, I am not suggesting that novices can cut the track in Time Trial mode and post a time deemed "legal."

Okay, now I see how you meant it. :)
I agree, its would be a good idea.

EHM
18-06-2015, 11:08
I subscribed to your channel to give you more money and a better life :D

Better life? he's a world champion!

SRT SPEEDY
18-06-2015, 11:24
And if you do brake WR inside the track you still wont be able to prove it with the ingame replay system.
The ghost probably dont uppload as well. Why even bother with TT in this game?

FA RACING 01
18-06-2015, 11:29
And if you do brake WR inside the track you still wont be able to prove it with the ingame replay system.
The ghost probably dont uppload as well. Why even bother with TT in this game?

Because most of us wants it !

N0body Of The Goat
18-06-2015, 12:12
Why does there appear to be no negative consequences for using 0% brake duct and 0% radiator in Time Trial and Community Events?

Just discovered these two exploits in the Speed 8 @ Road America event. :(

Shepard2603
18-06-2015, 12:37

For example...

This setting is not working at all, as it is just a flag set when you start the game for the very first time. Any change in the settings regarding assists etc. do not alter this. It's just stored in your profile, that you chose Pro-Handling in the beginning. That's why the MP lobby filter is also useless.

Fractured Life
18-06-2015, 13:46
Brilliant
No ghost. No time
No control. No time
Off track No time

How does that work? I set a time at Le Sarthe with no corner cuts or anything...(I can tell when I've cut like! So many times I'd run wide in the last portion of the lap and cancel out the lap I was on and my next lap, despite being a mile or two from the finish still! If it wasn't so frustrating it would be funny)...but when I went back to it later it no longer showed it as having a ghost, it didn't display that I was on a pad either, just all blanked out like a glitch time. Kind of annoyed me as I had knocked about 20 seconds off my time after about an hour and a half and was enjoying the car/track combo immensely :)

SRT SPEEDY
18-06-2015, 15:15
Theres better games out there for TT. If I do a WR and I cant even Watch the replay in all its glory after its not worh it.

e23belen
18-06-2015, 19:42
Just as a note, before the 2014 season, all cars would drop two wheels on the second of the Ford Chicanes. I just hope that the general rule becomes that you can't put the cars more than two wheels off the track limits, not a tyrannical system.
For reference, below is a link to the video of the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans pole lap. Notice the entrance to Mulsanne corner and the way the car takes the Ford Chicanes.
https://youtu.be/HngXyVu4Qtw

Doug914
18-06-2015, 22:25
The new system is closer to 4 wheels off (usually over the inside curb edge). Can't get to crazy strict as it will affect racing. It seems plenty strict here testing it. Its still 3 times stricter than it was, as a reference.

Also I've redone the raceline here just yesterday. The GT3 cars have picked up about 3-4 seconds a lap and LMP1's about 1.5-2 seconds @ 100% strength. I think Qualfying was 3:59 for GT3 and 3:29 for the LMP1's.... It'll be in the next patch.

Wizards ZA
19-06-2015, 02:33
Good to see that this will be sorted out soon. I would still like to see the two wheels inside the white line as this still gives u room to run the curbs. I get your reasoning about 4 wheels for racing but it will just get exploited on time trail. Any way its a big improvement so thanks for that.

Does this also mean that the leaderbords will be wiped with this patch?

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 03:26
The new system is closer to 4 wheels off (usually over the inside curb edge). Can't get to crazy strict as it will affect racing. It seems plenty strict here testing it. Its still 3 times stricter than it was, as a reference.

Also I've redone the raceline here just yesterday. The GT3 cars have picked up about 3-4 seconds a lap and LMP1's about 1.5-2 seconds @ 100% strength. I think Qualfying was 3:59 for GT3 and 3:29 for the LMP1's.... It'll be in the next patch. Thing is, why the limits has to be same for races & TT? There is plenty other games/sims where you have different cut detection for hotlaps/time trial than actual racing. So the question is why it wasnt possible for us aswell?

Im sorry to say but those kind of rules where you can have whole car outside the track makes time trial totally useless, it will still be more cutting than anything else on most tracks.

danpinho
19-06-2015, 04:00
Can't get to crazy strict as it will affect racing
Great news but:
Affect who's racing? Just the dirt ones I presume. I do avoid at ALL costs to get my 4W outsite track so the majority of members here! It should be strict as it can be.

Thing is, why the limits has to be same for races & TT? There is plenty other games/sims where you have different cut detection for hotlaps/time trial than actual racing. So the question is why it wasnt possible for us aswell?

Why not? Same track, same car. Why not same conditions? Simple is better!

Im sorry to say but those kind of rules where you can have whole car outside the track makes time trial totally useless, it will still be more cutting than anything else on most tracks.
Agree!

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 04:09
I can understand why it needs to be bit more lenient for actual racing. You can example be pushed wide by other players where you would then receive penalty when it wasnt your fault. But for time trial all 4 wheels off track is just not going to get us anywhere close to prober clean laps, thats why the different ruling for races & TT would be needed.

danpinho
19-06-2015, 04:39
+1^^ I don't like to be lenient about track boundaries but you got a point. I usually race with people that don't run me off track.

FoxMulder
19-06-2015, 07:19
I can understand why it needs to be bit more lenient for actual racing. You can example be pushed wide by other players where you would then receive penalty when it wasnt your fault.

But that already happens even with the current system in place anyway. Usually it wouldn't matter if we'd have a '2 tyre' or 4 tyre' system because when you get pushed off during braking into a corner you go way wide into the grass and that would get you a penalty with every penalty system in consideration.
I personally would like to see an exception to the rule: When there was contact immediately before the penalty -> no penalty.

wusuku
19-06-2015, 09:20
Implementing a strict penalty system in a SIM where there is no human to judge if penalty is deserved or not would be a huge problem.

Even racing with IA's you find troubles all the way:
-What happens when you have to avoid a (multi) collision in front of you?
-What happens when you get pushed off the track?
-What happens when you get pushed and your car flips?
-What happens when you brake too hard and run wide?
Even in Formula A :) most of the incidents need to be investigated. Even in karting you cannot see clearly whose fault was when there is a problem.

This is a SIM, so there are limitations in what you can and can't do, one of those is the penalty system: A severe a unfair penalty system is worst than no penalty system, as it will ruin the fun of racing

If there are cheaters, maybe a system where you can mark them and lets you choose if you want to race them or non would be welcome.

I understand that one thing is to be on TT and a different one is to be on a race, so maybe a system that differentiates both would be great

(BTW: Please check Le Mans Pole posted here, and check the cutting done at Ford Chicane and take into account that some cutting is done to in real life)

NemethR
19-06-2015, 09:59
Implementing a strict penalty system in a SIM where there is no human to judge if penalty is deserved or not would be a huge problem.

In Time trial, or Community events, you are alone, if you make a mistake, you made a mistake, you try again.

But for races, yes there needs to be another system in place.

Alan Dallas
19-06-2015, 19:29
Thing is, why the limits has to be same for races & TT? There is plenty other games/sims where you have different cut detection for hotlaps/time trial than actual racing. So the question is why it wasnt possible for us aswell?

The cut track triggers are built into the track file. They'd have to distribute multiple copies of the same track file with different cut track boundaries.

AfterAll14
20-06-2015, 04:44
Here is clean lap vs shortcut side by side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqjwbNWmkiA
Took me hell a lot of time to get this time, had to resetup the car seriously.
Almost beat it at the end of the lap, but shortcutting the final chicane gives 2 seconds - and no chance.

Built350camaro2
20-06-2015, 07:21
Thing I see is that the curbs don't mess up the car enough. If you did that in a real life car it wouldn't make it more than a lap. It should upset the car more when you go across the backside of the curbs. Also I think that even with damage off it should mess up the suspension after say 2 big hits that would keep this from happening. Heck even make it knock the tire off the rim or deflate the tire. I know from experience that you stay away from big sawtooth curbs with a passion because they rattle the car to death.