PDA

View Full Version : bloody AI wont get out of my way

jonnotheone
16-06-2015, 19:29
Firstly ill say I'm loving this game/sim I have one little moan tho an that is the bloody ai wont get the bleep out of my way when I'm lapping them iv tried flashing the lights nothing they still insist on fighting with me even tho there a lap down I have to Jason Plato them to get them out the way...

Is this common and is it something being looked in to...

Sankyo
16-06-2015, 19:46
Firstly ill say I'm loving this game/sim I have one little moan tho an that is the bloody ai wont get the bleep out of my way when I'm lapping them iv tried flashing the lights nothing they still insist on fighting with me even tho there a lap down I have to Jason Plato them to get them out the way...

Is this common and is it something being looked in to...

The AI won't get out of the way, they'll stay on the race line and you'll have to overtake them cleanly yourself (which shouldn't be a problem if you're so much faster than them). The only point for improvement is that they seem to treat you as a competitor for their spot too much instead of a lapping driver. But you cannot expect them to go out of the way as soon as you appear in their rear view mirror, you have to plan your overtake well (e.g. not mid-corner).

agentbeef
16-06-2015, 20:04
I have found the ai jumps out of the way as soon as I show them a wheel to the point of them moving on to the grass for me only to then be quicker off road than I am on track very odd .

Lagoa
16-06-2015, 20:19
they are indeed way too fast on the grass

g33k hack3rs
16-06-2015, 21:54
Well, I always try to overtake them on a straight but in most cases even the lapped AI will try to fight for the corner and cause all sorts of problems. I can understand that the faster car need to time the move and make sure it is safe to overtake a lapped car but even when down they fight as if it is for position. I've had many races destroyed by lapped AI cars. When I'm side by side with the AI and have the inside I would expect them to concede, not turn into me and cause a collision. I've found it easier to overtake the AI for position than dealing with lapped traffic.

Schnizz58
16-06-2015, 21:58
I wouldn't expect them to pull aside and let you by. But I also wouldn't expect them to fight for the position as if it matters. If they would stay on their line and be predictable so that you can overtake them, that would be just fine.

jonnotheone
17-06-2015, 07:32
I have noticed the air are quick on the grass and gravel too I get bogged down but they just shoot right back on the track..an as for them not moving if a blue flag is shown they must move out the way thats racing rules.

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 07:51
I have noticed the air are quick on the grass and gravel too I get bogged down but they just shoot right back on the track..an as for them not moving if a blue flag is shown they must move out the way thats racing rules.

It's 'some' racing rules. Mainly F1 only.

For most other series cars stay on line and the faster cars navigate past.

jonnotheone
17-06-2015, 08:06

Lol ok let's say then the AI need some programmed eticate to get the bleep out the way lol I'm not moaning I just find it strange they insist on fighting for position when they surely must be shown the blue flag.

Schnizz58
17-06-2015, 12:48
Not true:

During a race, a light blue flag waved on the track warns the driver that he is about to be lapped by a faster car and must not intentionally impede their progress, such as blocking a passing manoeuver. A driver may incur penalties if he ignores three successive blue flags.

mcarver2000
17-06-2015, 12:57
Add NASCAR and IRL to F1. If the slower car does not yield after so many blue flags (excepting the cars that are on the same lap), they will find themselves black flagged.

Even in the case where they hold their line, the are not to aggressively contest the attempt to be passed cleanly. And after they are passed, they are not supposed to aggressively attempt to re-pass.

Bealdor
17-06-2015, 12:57
Lol ok let's say then the AI need some programmed eticate to get the bleep out the way lol I'm not moaning I just find it strange they insist on fighting for position when they surely must be shown the blue flag.

It's already on the list for future improvements:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-%28all-platforms%29&p=944821&viewfull=1#post944821

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23553-The-AI-discussion-%28all-platforms%29&p=944845&viewfull=1#post944845

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30505-I-have-just-about-had-it-with-pCARS-%28AI-not-yielding-under-blue-flag%29&p=979654&viewfull=1#post979654

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 12:59
Add NASCAR and IRL to F1. If the slower car does not yield after so many blue flags (excepting the cars that are on the same lap), they will find themselves black flagged.

Even in the case where they hold their line, the are not to agressively contest the attempt to be passed cleanly. And after they are passed, they are not supposed to aggressively attempt to re-pass.

Your last paragraph supports my point.

And your last sentence doesn't work for me. Even in F1, unlapping yourself is completely accepted assuming you're faster, which by definition you must be.

mcarver2000
17-06-2015, 14:09
Okay, my meaning of "aggressive" is attempting a pass in a turn and hitting the curbs instead and wrecking the car one attempting to pass. Aggressive in the sense that there was no chance to make the pass without making contact. I am using the term based on the dictionary definition "forceful and sometimes overly assertive pursuit of one's aims and interests." There is a difference between being aggressive and assertive. Spinning/wrecking a car to get passed it is aggressive -- nudging a car, is being assertive.