PDA

View Full Version : PS4 steering wheel suggestions

dbol986
16-06-2015, 20:00
I'm a longtime racer and looking to finally take a step up and get a wheel. Been playing and checking the forums since the game first came out in the states and wanted to see if you guys/gals have any suggestions. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I never really read through the wheel posts, just saw headlines of issues people were having. Probably the biggest thing I'm looking for is either spring loaded/pedal feedback (if that's even possible). Thank you all for any help and advice you might have.

Mr.Smoke
16-06-2015, 21:03
What kinda budget are you working with?

Numerous options exsist but budget & expectations come into play.

Is force feedback in the wheel a must have for you?

I bought the Thrustmaster T100 which is an entry level FFB and am very happy with it. I was ona tight budget & bought the wheel prior to the games release so didnt want to spend big bucks & end up being disappointed with the game.

dbol986
16-06-2015, 21:20
Looking to not spend more than $250 if I don't have to. Feedback in the wheel would be a must, I'm really curious if any pedal setup offers feedback. I've played around with a g27 on iracing and the pedals we're spring loaded, that would be the minimum expectation I'd have.

Not really concerned about a shifter add-on at this point in time.

Mr.Smoke
16-06-2015, 21:53
Im assuming thats $250 USD which puts the T300 out of your preferred price range i believe. Im not sure, but a Fanatec wheel might fall within budget. The T100 i use comes in at $100 under your budget, but may not live up to your expectations having used a G27 prior.

Personally, my suggestion is to get the T300 and possibly upgrade the pedals down the road. Adding better pedals, different wheel rims & the shifter (i know you said you dont want/need it but who knows) isnt possible with the T100 unfortunately. Id spend a little bit extra.

thegt500
16-06-2015, 21:53
If its PS4 compatibility (your SIG says PC), then the Thrustmaster T100 is the only FFB wheel I'd look at given your budget. The Logitech G27 and G25 are not currently, or even likely to get PS4 compatibility so that's them out of the equation.
If you can stretch your budget, I'd go for the T300 (in fact I did) its a great wheel and it won't disappoint.

dbol986
16-06-2015, 23:12
Thank you guys, yes PS4. How do the stock pedals feel/compare to an upgraded version?

seamastergmt
17-06-2015, 04:28
It will be hard, in my humble opinion to find a decent wheel for under $250. I bought the T300, it has been great so far. Something that all sim racers should consider is the cost to value ratio. I bought the wheel for $400 US. That may seem like a lot but over the life of the console and the number of hours you may spend in total with various games it may be well worth the cost. In the month I have had Project Cars I have already logged 25 hours of play. I expect that by the time I am through with the wheel, hopefully years from now, I will have logged hundreds of hours on it with various games. The cost per hour to own the wheel will come down to pennies by then. Worth it to me.

RAVEracer
17-06-2015, 06:56
The Fanatec GT3 RS is AUD$250 plus a nice set of pedals. Has full rotation lock, orange plastic and Alcantara :cool: I was on a tight budget and bought one and I'm pretty happy with it. It all feels pretty nice and solid.

wyldanimal
17-06-2015, 15:34
Looking to not spend more than $250 if I don't have to. Feedback in the wheel would be a must, I'm really curious if any pedal setup offers feedback. I've played around with a g27 on iracing and the pedals we're spring loaded, that would be the minimum expectation I'd have.

Not really concerned about a shifter add-on at this point in time.

you'll have to increase your Budget to about $300

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/racing-wheels/forza-motorsport-csr-wheel-us.html $ 199.99

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals/csr-pedals-us.html $ 79.99

Superior in every way to the T100, T80, and Probably even Better than the T300

dbol986
17-06-2015, 16:31
Thank you all for the suggestions. I've accepted $250 won't cut it and will expand my horizons

Gloomy
17-06-2015, 19:54
I bought the fanatec gt3, it's only 179.99$. So far I've been really happy with it. You do have to get some pedals too

The only pedals I know of that offer any feedback are the fanatec clubsport, the brakes have some kind of vibration feedback but they're pretty pricey at 250$.the csr elites are what I have and I like them, they use load cell brakes which uses pressure rather than how far you press the brakes which is pretty cool, the quality feels good too, I like them alot more than the pedals that came with the g27. They go for 150$, and they have a basic set of pedals that go for 80$.

Fight-Test
17-06-2015, 21:16
I have the t300 and love it. I had a fanatec code early on to order the new wheel from them but after the insidesimracing review said the t300 was just as smooth and precise and he would buy the t300 over fanatec for price I went that route. The new logitech will be just as much and will not have the brushless motors and I dont think it has belts as its double motor. I put the RC shock mod on the base pedals that came with t300 wheel and made a huge difference. I now have the pro pedals and they are amazing and the brake mod feels really good. You can also buy the pro pedals with a load cell from Rimotech. Its $300 or you can buy the load cell after you buy pedals and add yourself.

Dreco
17-06-2015, 21:35
The problem with fanatec on PS4 is that it only works on PCARS.

Will not work on NFS, DriveClub, F1 2015, etc.

Gloomy
17-06-2015, 21:42
The problem with fanatec on PS4 is that it only works on PCARS.

Will not work on NFS, DriveClub, F1 2015, etc.

Very true, and good point worth thinking about. I'm sure more racing games will eventually support it but that's definitely a risk.

dbol986
17-06-2015, 21:53
Can't see my self playing any racing game besides project cars, GT, and maybe F1. Definitely liked the pedal options on the fanatec model