PDA

View Full Version : Pro online with assists....?

Soulbr1nger
16-06-2015, 22:21
Hello all,

I start to think i am spong it wrong haha.
Well first i want to tell you i was a bit pissed on people who made a pro room and when i entered te first thing i see all assist on... Abs stability traction control.
When I started I have turned everything off but I am wondering am i wrong or?
Because do some GT3 cars have some assists IRL?

I was hoping there was a option that we could filter the real pro rooms out.
So no assists, in car cam, and manual shifting.
Sure you can all turn it on and of but pro is pro I don't see why you still can turn on the assists when you had pro settings.

McKiernan
17-06-2015, 03:34
GT3 cars have Traction Control & ABS in real life.

Try setting up your own lobby & wait for the pro drivers to arrive

Charles Gillen
17-06-2015, 07:18
Argueably the most popular racing on line is GT3. The GT3 cars IRL have TCS and ABS. One has to wonder why people want to force assists off in a SIM on cars that use the very assists in question. Is it a macho thing? "I can drive these things raw" "Only noobs use assists!" Really? I use TCS because I'm racing with a controller, and in this game the controller for the XBOX is really sensitive. Even after extensive setup done in the settings.

If the argument is that it makes you slower, then more power to people who use them. Should be an easy win for those who dont use them.

I joined a race last night and asked the host to allow me to use TCS. I qualified in about 5th place out of 8 racers. Finished 2nd in the race. Not because I was faster, but because I didnt wreck my car. I watched each driver slide off the track and have to recover afterwards and I'm thinking...Why didnt they just use the TCS? Would have been a much cleaner and tighter race. I would rather race someone than pass them as they left the track. I guess "To each his own" but it seemed to me that the attitude was "Were real racers and dont need no assists" Ok....Thats cool wiht me, But dont force me to race without something that REAL racecar drivers use everyday. Thats a SIM.

Charles

JeyD02
17-06-2015, 07:29
Argueably the most popular racing on line is GT3. The GT3 cars IRL have TCS and ABS. One has to wonder why people want to force assists off in a SIM on cars that use the very assists in question. Is it a macho thing? "I can drive these things raw" "Only noobs use assists!" Really? I use TCS because I'm racing with a controller, and in this game the controller for the XBOX is really sensitive. Even after extensive setup done in the settings.

If the argument is that it makes you slower, then more power to people who use them. Should be an easy win for those who dont use them.

I joined a race last night and asked the host to allow me to use TCS. I qualified in about 5th place out of 8 racers. Finished 2nd in the race. Not because I was faster, but because I didnt wreck my car. I watched each driver slide off the track and have to recover afterwards and I'm thinking...Why didnt they just use the TCS? Would have been a much cleaner and tighter race. I would rather race someone than pass them as they left the track. I guess "To each his own" but it seemed to me that the attitude was "Were real racers and dont need no assists" Ok....Thats cool wiht me, But dont force me to race without something that REAL racecar drivers use everyday. Thats a SIM.

Charles

Gt3 cars does have aids but that doesn't mean drivers use them.. It's just that they are there available. Some if not most driver don't use traction control, and many enable TC during difficult conditions like rain.