PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN] Car instantly shifts to first gear

Mr.MicMac
16-06-2015, 22:35
Hi guys,

When I drive let's say in 5th gear at the end of a straight, start braking and shifting down, the car changes into first gear instead of 4th gear.

I read a while ago it's because mechanical failures is set to 'on', but I set it to off and still have the problem. I even have the impression it happens more often since patch 1.4 has been released...

I browsed through the first 15 pages of the forum but couldn't find a topic concerning this problem, so I'm sorry if this has to go elsewhere...

Any help would be much appreciated!

TenthDan
17-06-2015, 00:23
This is a known issue that has been resolved by SMS and included in the patches coming.

Eyerex
17-06-2015, 06:01
Have the same problem which is a pain in the bum

timaloy67
17-06-2015, 11:55
Hi guys,

When I drive let's say in 5th gear at the end of a straight, start braking and shifting down, the car changes into first gear instead of 4th gear.

I read a while ago it's because mechanical failures is set to 'on', but I set it to off and still have the problem. I even have the impression it happens more often since patch 1.4 has been released...

I browsed through the first 15 pages of the forum but couldn't find a topic concerning this problem, so I'm sorry if this has to go elsewhere...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Same here...

Ive even had it happen to me changing UP gears...instead of going from 4th to 5th, it jumps from 4th to 1st at about 120mph with the same effect as someone yanking on the hand brake and dropping a hand grenade under your bonnet. Happens often while downshifting too.

Topsie
21-06-2015, 13:32
Same issue here - glad to know is a known issue and will be resolved

LotusTeam
21-06-2015, 17:38
My case was running on the Caterham 7classic at Nurburgring in the final straight road, I was running about 170kmh and suddenly the car "Halted", just like 170kmh suddenly stopped to 0kmh within 0.1 second...

Hope this is the similar issue and is now being tackled by SMS