PDA

View Full Version : tropical storm bill

MrFlibble81
17-06-2015, 02:05
Anyone else out there being pounded by tropical storm bill?

We've been hit pretty hard by it today. Probably had 6 inches of rain today and it's not stopped yet. 30 - 40mph winds to go with it, I've got rain leaking on under my front door, rain coming in through my utility room roof, the shed that covers my water pump is just about hanging on but God knows for how much longer, power keeps going out and my yard pretty much resembles the sea.

Hopefully this storm passes soon!!

Charles Gillen
17-06-2015, 07:55
Yeah that storm's going the wrong way. Tropical storms usually come from a different direction. I'm here on the MS Gulfcoast. We kind of expect sizable storms to visit with us from time to time. Good luck and I hope y'all get on ok.

Sankyo
17-06-2015, 08:18
So that's 'tropical storm Bill', right? For a moment I thought you were talking about taxes or something :)

Seriously, though, good luck to all of you, hope you'll get through without damage.

MrFlibble81
17-06-2015, 11:44
Thanks. There's not been any damage that I can see, just an immense of rain! We've had heavy rain since yesterday morning so that's been a solid 24 hours. Not sure how much more rain we can take, especially after all the rain we had over the memorial day weekend.

flymar
17-06-2015, 11:57
So that's 'tropical storm Bill', right? For a moment I thought you were talking about taxes or something :)
I thought about electric bill because of playing pCARS:|

Scrogg
17-06-2015, 12:01
Waiting for it here, (Texoma) they are calling for another 4 to 6 inches today and tomorrow. Lake Texoma is already 25 ft over normal and this will cause it to overflow over the spillway again. It's crazy all the rain we have gotten. Still beats the 4 years of drought we were in. I guess it's true what they say, "When it rains, it pours."

Cuba
17-06-2015, 12:33
I thought about electric bill because of playing pCARS:|
Hope you have a generator going to get power! At least you can adjust the weather in PCars to sunny and nice. Best of luck and hope TX gets through this one ok.