PDA

View Full Version : Online Time Trials or Community Questions

MLT24
17-06-2015, 05:37
This is posted in PS4 Patch notes, and it confuses me?

"Time Trial
* Set Time Trials starting time to 11am to match the PC platform. This ensures consistent track temperatures across all platforms, as track temperatures affect lap times."

So this statement to me is saying our time trials and/or community event leaderboards are cross-platform? It is basically saying we are racing one (PC, Box and PS4) another if they want track conditions to be the same. But when I go looking through a bunch of players times they are all PS4 gamers? Have not seen one PC or Xbox player, they all have PS4 accounts. What am I missing here?

Also, on community events I see thousands of PS4 players times being recorded everyday, and some of us are not being recorded. Mine records in TT but no community events. Anyone that is being recorded in community events have any suggestions on how the rest of us can get our times recorded too? Anyone find a work around?

Thanks!

timaloy67
17-06-2015, 09:11
Not sure about cross platform question, but as for your times recording on community TTs, they can take about 5 mins to appear/update on the leaderboards after you exit the event.

DozUK
17-06-2015, 09:32
They're not cross platform, they've just had the same conditions set as like for like.

There is a problem with community leaderboards (I've never had one set despite putting some time into them). Obviously they do get updated as the boards have entries, I have heard that after setting a time you need to do an extra clean lap straight after this before exiting for it to be updated. I've not tried this so unsure if it's true but I can certainly say that I've set plenty of clean laps individually, exited it and there has been no leaderboard update.

Gamingoneasy
17-06-2015, 11:02
On PS4 and nothing going on for me either, gets upsetting after doing 10 or more laps for a half decent time.

Might as well forget the events until this is fixed.

timaloy67
17-06-2015, 11:47
On PS4 and nothing going on for me either, gets upsetting after doing 10 or more laps for a half decent time.

Might as well forget the events until this is fixed.

I thought my times were not recording to begin with but they have all "eventually" appeared...usually a couple of mins.

It would be nice to have a friends filter, and also show what assists are used on the lap too.

Gamingoneasy
17-06-2015, 16:32
My times havent gone on to leaderboards and its been 2 days.

OG-Fed
18-06-2015, 16:34
One thing that occasionally works for me is to not exit immediately after posting a good time. I driver a couple of more laps without going off the track and then exit. I did this yesterday when I posted a time on the road american Bently challenge. I did a 2 minute lap (no flaming, its good for me), then ran a couple of 2:05 laps then exited. It wasn't there when I checked after, but the next day it was.

MLT24
19-06-2015, 03:40
Thanks for the replies. Ill try the community event extra lap thing. Let ya know.

MLT24
28-06-2015, 20:35
One thing that occasionally works for me is to not exit immediately after posting a good time. I driver a couple of more laps without going off the track and then exit. I did this yesterday when I posted a time on the road american Bently challenge. I did a 2 minute lap (no flaming, its good for me), then ran a couple of 2:05 laps then exited. It wasn't there when I checked after, but the next day it was.

Hey it worked! For first time ever my times recorded. Ran a good time, few extra laps, minutes later there it was. Went bk in, tuned a little, knocked off 3 seconds, ran a few extra slow laps and minutes later the better time was not there. Checked bk a day later and faster time was there. Tx for the help.

MLT24
30-06-2015, 22:46
Well went back today to check same competition and now my time and name do not show up??? WTHay? I finally get a time recorded then a few days later it is not there. Checked to make sure 3000 people had not beaten it, lol, but still only around 1000 had. But I was no longer there? 2.0, I didn't see it in the patch notes but, buuuuuutttttttt, I am expecting that to be fixed! And friends filters for times, everywhere! Those are no brainers.

rayh271
17-08-2015, 09:45
is there anyway of checking to see how many community events i have competed in???...........i want to get the Community Ambassador trophy...(complete 20 community events)....but dont know how many i have done so far?