PDA

View Full Version : Tire wear: slow vs. real

Boomshalockboom
17-06-2015, 06:37
Hi i'm trying to figure out how the wire wear options work. what is the difference between real and slow? When i'm using slow i will lose grip in a race after 10-15 laps. for example: bmw m3 gt4 @ laguna seca with the stock tuning settings. Maybe i'm overdriving my car. But i've also tried to drive real careful and even lose places to spare my tires. Yet the result is the same: reduced grips after 10-15 laps. If it is the stock tuning it's stupid, since that setup shouldn't lead to that amount of tirewear right?
So it must be either my driving or is "slow" faster than "real"?

Sorry for the noob questions, iv'e tried to search but couldn't find anything about this..

Racer4711
17-06-2015, 07:08
...another good example, why descriptions/informations within the different option menues are mandatory.
Why are these basic informations missing ingame and/or by (digital) manual, devs?

chig88
17-06-2015, 10:05
I've had the same thing with 'real' tire wear. It's manageable but there's definitely a big drop off after 10 laps or so. It's probably realistic though so I quite like it.

My main annoyance is that after pitting for fresh tires, I never seem to get the same amount of grip as the tires I started on. I always change the pressures when I come into the pit (the pressures in my pit strategy always seem to revert to a very low setting), but it feels like I'm driving on worn tires even though they should be brand new GT3 softs.

Mahjik
17-06-2015, 14:16
Something to note, not directly related to the tire wear options.

You can (and will) lose grip for other reason other than tire wear. Heat (or lack thereof) will do it as well, with a combination of tire pressure. These will be things that aren't controlled by the tire wear setting but can definitely affect your perceived grip levels (and pCARS does model this).

chig88
17-06-2015, 15:10
Something to note, not directly related to the tire wear options.

You can (and will) lose grip for other reason other than tire wear. Heat (or lack thereof) will do it as well, with a combination of tire pressure. These will be things that aren't controlled by the tire wear setting but can definitely affect your perceived grip levels (and pCARS does model this).

Yeah I've definitely noticed a lack of grip when the temperatures drop. If it's foggy it's really noticeable.

I like this level of detail a lot, but do the AI suffer the same loss of grip in cold temperatures?

Boomshalockboom
18-06-2015, 11:48
for now i've disabled the tirewear. I got new tires during a mandatory pitstop and they turned red immediatly on pit out. they seem flat and i was scraping with my rims over the track. I've noticed that is a known issue, so i hope it will be fixed soon.

Mahjik
18-06-2015, 15:13
for now i've disabled the tirewear. I got new tires during a mandatory pitstop and they turned red immediatly on pit out. they seem flat and i was scraping with my rims over the track. I've noticed that is a known issue, so i hope it will be fixed soon.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31047-INVESTIGATING-Very-Hot-tyres-after-pit-stop