PDA

View Full Version : M1 Pro Car 80īs Slicks dont warm up?

smoothherb
17-06-2015, 09:23
Hi There,

I am in the M1 season and the 80īs Slicks on the M1 are always cold. It seems to take 5 Round for them to get green, but only the front tyres. So the Qualifying is only 15 minutes, is there something I can do? I thought about using the Handbrakes on the straights for example, but I also want to keep it realistic, so Stop and go isnīt an Option.

Btw, Why donīt they use heatpacks for the tyres on the qualifying?

muchas gracias

edit:

Using realistic Tyre wear

Panopticism
17-06-2015, 09:35
Only certain cars seem to be at operating temp as soon as you're given control, and I'm assuming that they're the cars from classes and eras that are/were allowed to use tire warmers. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

You can adjust tire pressures to bring the tires into operating temperature sooner.

smoothherb
17-06-2015, 09:41
Ah great tip with the pressure! I assume I should lower the pressure to get hot, faster. Right?

Panopticism
17-06-2015, 09:59
Well, that's somewhat dependent on conditions. You should try the adjustments during the practice sessions and see what effect they have on temperatures. For instance, a drop in tire pressures might bring your tire to the optimal temperature by the end of a single lap, but it may also cause the tires to overheat within 5 laps.

Edit: if you go too low on tire pressure, you can get uneven tire wear, premature wear, overheating, etc. By using the practice sessions, you give yourself time to figure out whether you need to raise or lower the pressure in order to get the tire to optimal operating temperature without excessive wear.

highwaystar1958
22-06-2015, 04:40
I've done no tuning to this car,left it at default setting and it drives like a dream,even on cold tires you can go flat out.....AMAZING GRIP