PDA

View Full Version : Think I may have found a new bug....

Plato99
17-06-2015, 09:34
Career Mode, GT5 UK Ginetta Juniors Championship.
In the lead at Silverstone National (sprint race), no cars in sight in rear view mirror, coasting.
Momentary lapse of concentration sees me mount the grass at the Luffield complex. No cars come past, but my race position when I cross the line goes from 1st to 10th.
I repeat, no cars came past !!

Tobi Lerone
17-06-2015, 12:00
Had this on karting once, just restarted and it was fine. Went from first to last as crossed the line.

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 12:05
Thats just a bit of instability, the developers are ironing stuff out all the time. You see stuff like that on most games even the release titles.

Bruno Alexandre
17-06-2015, 13:39
Career Mode, GT5 UK Ginetta Juniors Championship.
In the lead at Silverstone National (sprint race), no cars in sight in rear view mirror, coasting.
Momentary lapse of concentration sees me mount the grass at the Luffield complex. No cars come past, but my race position when I cross the line goes from 1st to 10th.
I repeat, no cars came past !!

Did you cut by the left side of Luffield ? Like in the attached pic ?

Plato99
17-06-2015, 17:47
Did you cut by the left side of Luffield ? Like in the attached pic ?

Not quite as extreme. Lost the rear going into the left hander and ended up on the grass on the left.

Bruno Alexandre
18-06-2015, 00:04
Ok but you didn't cross the T2 (throught the tarmac)?

Plato99
18-06-2015, 12:10

No, definitely not. That's way off piste!!

mkstatto
18-06-2015, 12:26

Apologies for being a bug bear, but thats Brooklands, the Luffield complex is the corner with the arrow on. ;)

Plato99
18-06-2015, 13:11
Apologies for being a bug bear, but thats Brooklands, the Luffield complex is the corner with the arrow on. ;)

It was between the two, or Lufflands as I'll now call it. Still cost me 9 places...... :o

Headhunter91
18-06-2015, 17:40
I did a lap following an AI car. He was miles in front and I caught him up just after Craner curves on Donington. Was tail gating him to the line and he got a pole lap and I got 6th position :/

Plato99
18-06-2015, 18:04
I did a lap following an AI car. He was miles in front and I caught him up just after Craner curves on Donington. Was tail gating him to the line and he got a pole lap and I got 6th position :/

He must have gone like stink round Redgate and Hollywood!!

Bruno Alexandre
22-06-2015, 14:39
Ok, well the thing is, if you cut track most of the times near the T1 or T2 it might not count as if you crossed that line, it's a method we use to punish those who cheat by cutting track. The best way to avoid situations like these is to either stop and reset or try to steer the car back into the T1/T2 .
We're aware it might not be the best system and some might be punished without any intention to cheat, but it was the best system we could find back then. We'll see if there's something that can be done to improve this.

kyleen
22-06-2015, 17:05
Thats just a bit of instability, the developers are ironing stuff out all the time. You see stuff like that on most games even the release titles.
http://wigunpics.science/14/g.png