PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear with Chris Evans

little fella
17-06-2015, 10:31
Just announced by the BBC that Chris Evans is the new host of Top Gear.
He has signed a 3 year contract after previously stating he would never do it.
Filming new series to start in weeks and no mention of who will replace May and Hammond as his co hosts.
Is this the end of Top Gear or the kickstart of a new era which was needed?

Luke Townsend
17-06-2015, 10:34
End of an era for me anyway. Sorry, just can't stand Evans ever since he went all ego on Radio 1 way, way back. I can't watch the guy. Bring on Netflix with JC, May and Hammond.

TheReaper GT
17-06-2015, 10:35
Clarkson, Hamster and May are working on a new show for Netflix

little fella
17-06-2015, 10:37
Jason Plato has been mentioned as joining the team only rumours though.
Any ideas who could do a good job as the May/Hammond replacements?

Luke Townsend
17-06-2015, 10:37
Clarkson, Hamster and May are working on a new show for Netflix

I've heard that too from a decent source. Really, really hope it is true.

TheReaper GT
17-06-2015, 10:39
I thought Glenister + 2 dumb asses were to be the new hosts

MysterG
17-06-2015, 10:45
I thought Glenister + 2 dumb asses were to be the new hosts

So that would be 3 dumbasses then ;)

I'm quite happy with Evans, I never used to like him but age has improved things (mine and his).
Not been a fan of TG since a few years though.

The only thing IMO is they should give it a couple of years before trying to reboot the format. TG fans will tear it apart right now even if Kristen Scott Thomas presented it ..... naked.

little fella
17-06-2015, 10:59
I think Plato would be a good addition to the team.
Always liked him on Fifth gear and a brilliant driver.

TheReaper GT
17-06-2015, 11:04
So that would be 3 dumbasses then ;)

I'm quite happy with Evans, I never used to like him but age has improved things (mine and his).
Not been a fan of TG since a few years though.

The only thing IMO is they should give it a couple of years before trying to reboot the format. TG fans will tear it apart right now even if Kristen Scott Thomas presented it ..... naked.
It's that a possibility? If so, I'm still a fan Hahaha

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:05
Bring back William Woollard, Chris Gofey and Sue Baker.

TrevorAustin
17-06-2015, 11:08
That's 2 of only a very few series I watch ruined today then, Top Gear with Chris Evans and X-Factor with Nick Grimshaw.

Even more time to play P Cars:)

Gopher04
17-06-2015, 11:08
Waste of time BBC, let it die, sure hell don't want the carrot top hosting..

Invincible
17-06-2015, 11:12
Just announced by the BBC that Chris Evans is the new host of Top Gear.
He has signed a 3 year contract after previously stating he would never do it.

My, oh my! As I didn't know THIS Chris Evans, I thought: "Captain America is going to host Top Gear? That's ridiculously stupid!! You can't have the Captain America dude host a British TV Show..."

Never been so wrong. After I searched to Chris Evans, I recognized that I already have seen him, but didn't remember his name.

Oh and by the way - I'm not gonna watch it anyway. Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond and May is kinda like SMS without a Wookie. A simple no-go!

Luke Townsend
17-06-2015, 11:14
That's 2 of only a very few series I watch ruined today then, Top Gear with Chris Evans and X-Factor with Nick Grimshaw.

Even more time to play P Cars:)

Well, any reason to play Project Cars more is a good reason! :) Haha not an X-Factor fan myself, but for me things went down hill for me though when Brucie left Strictly! (now I'm running away and hiding in shame! :D)

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:15
My, oh my! As I didn't know THIS Chris Evans, I thought: "Captain America is going to host Top Gear? That's ridiculously stupid!! You can't have the Captain America dude host a British TV Show..."

Never been so wrong. After I searched to Chris Evans, I recognized that I already have seen him, but didn't remember his name.

yeah its the little guy with ginger hair lol

PTG Claret
17-06-2015, 11:16
Rather watch Loose Women than anything with this clown in.

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 11:16
Oh NO! My worst nightmare is comming true, aaaarrrhhh.
It was bad enough having to listen to him on radio 2 lol
Chris Evans is a true petrol head, and knows how to get a crowd excited.
But it will be intresting to see how he presents the show. He's getting on a bit now and hopfully he will show a bit of demure.
You just have to let him into your heart a bit?
He should wear a hat? Lol
I wonder if he can pull out the pranks with the creative flare Clarkson has.
Thanks little fella for bringing this to the forums attention.

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:21
I used to watch the Big Breakfast every morning and loved it.Proper laugh and made me happier going to work.
I really don't mind Chris Evans to be honest think he is a good choice for top gear post Clarkson.
The stuff on a morning now really is sh#$!!!!

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 11:30
The BBC is a mind control corperation.
Just watch the BBC interview 'truth vs BBC' on Youtube if you doubt me.
Having someone they can control presenting a widely viewed show is the only option for them.

I've thought about it and can't think of anyone better! At least there will be another car show to watch instead of all the war programmes, murder misteries, street violence, brainwash documentaries, repeats, false flag news, mindless song shows, authoritarian glorification, consumer adverts for crap, yeah you're not the only one.
Maybe it's destiny. Destiny for Clarkson to go over to Netflicks:cool:
Think about it this way, you're paying a license fee to be brainwashed. It's new to some, entertainment is the name it goes under lol. Rage against the machine, if you're not been pacified by it all. Just saying?!

Raven403
17-06-2015, 11:35
Yeah I dont really care cuz I wont be watching it. Ill be watching the new Netflix show the other Clarkson, May, and Hammond do if that is indeed true. Top gear without those 3 isnt TopGear. In my opinion

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:36
I also think they should change the reasonably priced car to something a bit sportier such as a renaultsport clio 200 or similar (not the latest 200T with auto but the previous 200 manual with cup chassis).I used to have one and it was amazing like a go kart.
Or maybe a new fiesta ST as wifey has one and its brilliant.

TrevorAustin
17-06-2015, 11:41
The BBC is a mind control corperation.
Just watch the BBC interview 'truth vs BBC' on Youtube if you doubt me.
Having someone they can control presenting a widely viewed show is the only option for them.

I've thought about it and can't think of anyone better! At least there will be another car show to watch instead of all the war programmes, murder misteries, street violence, brainwash documentaries, repeats, false flag news, mindless song shows, authoritarian glorification, consumer adverts for crap, yeah you're not the only one.
Maybe it's destiny. Destiny for Clarkson to go over to Netflicks:cool:

Erm, no i don't believe you, but then my foil hat has worn out.

MysterG
17-06-2015, 11:41
I also think they should change the reasonably priced car to something a bit sportier such as a renaultsport clio 200 or similar (not the latest 200T with auto but the previous 200 manual with cup chassis).I used to have one and it was amazing like a go kart.
Or maybe a new fiesta ST as wifey has one and its brilliant.

They should change the whole format IMO.

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:45
They should change the whole format IMO.
Any suggestions on how they should change it?

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 11:49
Make him wear hat for starters lol

Sonic6L
17-06-2015, 11:50
The whole format will probably change...

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:51
Make him wear hat for starters lol

LOL love that one hahaha

little fella
17-06-2015, 11:52
Change of music yes or no?

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 11:58
Chris Evans can be highly creative, I think he gets on with Clarkson, you'll see if the directors have forced thier hand over aspects of the show.
Hopfully we'll see guest presenters, that may work well until they get some brave souls to present a once iconic show.
We all know Clarksons going to blow them out the water whatever they do.

No music change, they will surely cling to the theme tune one way or another.
But you never know, things are at a turning point.
If Clarkson secures a better track, or even shares the same site as Topgear, we will see it in our game forsure;)

OppaErich
17-06-2015, 12:00
Who's this ? Elton Johns son ?

OK, I've read the thread, british radio...

MULTIVITZ
17-06-2015, 12:09
He is a famous presenter of sorts. He tries very hard at what he does, he like, forces himself on ya (in an intellectual way almost!) Very upbeat, none offensive, mummys boy. Ok if you're in the mood. Google him?

He wowed a teenage pop star, married her, went out on benders and got the sack for not turning up. A solid presenter career thats made him a millionaire, but he is a generous man, you couldn't take that away from him. Thats what I've been told by the media, who knows? I'm not one to judge in haste, take them as you find them. The show should be watchable compared to the other programmes.

Im Sorry
17-06-2015, 12:15
Evan's, Plato and another I think will make a decent go of it.Better than most of the crap name's getting banded about.But it will never be TopGear.IMO.

OppaErich
17-06-2015, 12:19
Google him?

I did and what I saw looked like Elton John for the poor. Top Gear without the guys ? Not for me.

girlracerTracey
17-06-2015, 12:33
My mother's opinion of Chris Evans?

"He is an over-excitable, irritating, strange, ginger haired, middle aged man with glasses who requires a daily dosage of bromide in his tea.."

I don't really know him but he sounds perfect for Top Gear to my mind. :friendly_wink:

grT

Liquid7394
17-06-2015, 12:39
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s265/top-gear/news/a653388/top-gear-will-definitely-have-a-female-co-presenter-says-chris-evans.html#~pfRQ1yxYeHgDVp

FMS
17-06-2015, 12:50
I don't really know him but he sounds perfect for Top Gear to my mind.

Nice. lol

Baron_Greenback
17-06-2015, 13:12
Judging by Evans' forced, painfully unfunny performance on TFI, I think I'll be swerving this one.
Also, not forgetting that Andy Wilman, the TG producer has skedaddled with Clarkson, Hammond and May. They have the cast, they have the producer: Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be spectacular.
The only thing that really concerns me now is what they're going to do about a replacement Stig character. "...so we must hand it over to our tame racing driver: Some say, he doesn't know we are no longer working for the BBC, and that he most certainly IS NOT Ben Collins....All we know, is that we haven't given him a name yet due to legal reasons.."

Neil Bateman
17-06-2015, 13:43
Evans is a lot easier to watch and listen to now than he was a few years ago, i think whatever top gear does from now on they needed someone with a big name/personality to take it forward, how about plato and neal to make the trio, lol watch the sparks fly (joking of course).

Hard to think from a sheer entertainment point of view who you could pair up to replace may and hammond, they were just a perfect balance alongside clarkson and all 3 fed off one another so well, not so easy to replicate with evans leading though.

Jezza819
17-06-2015, 15:38
If it doesn't have Clarkson, Hammond, and May in it then I'm not interested.

xautos
17-06-2015, 20:21
Jason Plato has been mentioned as joining the team only rumours though.
Any ideas who could do a good job as the May/Hammond replacements?

Jason is a little egocentric himself at times, you should see him when a result hes looking for (a win) in the btcc at one of the rounds and watch him think of how to get around the answer with another answer, valid yes, but he works at it in such a way to try deflect it as anything other than getting really annoyed or mildly irritated after it all jack-knifes. its the way he shows it at times. that type of behavior would be perfect for top gear, but i doubt he has the time for such a commitment with all his efforts on the BTCC. but then again his attitude would become a little dull after a while to the audience. so he would need someone exciting to be partnered with and chris evans is it because hes not that well liked and because he has a cheese grater personality.

now the bbc stated they are gauranteed that a female presenter will be on the cast, two are potentially picked, suzi perry (too bland but she knows her motor racing) and Jodie kidd (dont know her).
i would sooner see a much younger woman is picked for the role, early 20's and a strong car enthusiast, one to balance out the annoying gung-ho with the old wise experienced grouch. that would leave the balanced, acceptable and loving presenter.

Gamingoneasy
18-06-2015, 19:16
Hope Chris Evans gets Clarkson back on as the Stig

Plato was on the TFI friday anniversary show, maybe that was a little clue.

Evans said on the One show that presenters will be auditioned and may not be "celebs".

FA RACING 01
19-06-2015, 06:02
Can't imagine myself watching Top Gear with Evans on board. Looks like the kinda guy my mom always warned me about when I was a kid. Will never be the same again - for the worse.

Revvin
19-06-2015, 07:26
Mixed feeling about his appointment. He's a petrol head that's for sure and I've kind of warmed to him on his breakfast show after disliking his previous TV shows but he lied and lied again about not wanting the job and rubbished any claims he was in the running. He's tried to backpedal his way out of those statement recently but his excuses don't wash as do the claims he hasn't got an opinion on who should co-host, he must have some idea of who he would like to work with, who he thinks would make this re-launch work.

Invincible
19-06-2015, 07:28
Can't imagine myself watching Top Gear with Evans on board. Looks like the kinda guy my mom always warned me about when I was a kid. Will never be the same again - for the worse.

I bet your mom warned you about guys like Clarkson too. :p

FA RACING 01
19-06-2015, 08:32
I bet your mom warned you about guys like Clarkson too. :p

No, she never had problems with bullies, just against strangers that uses their personality as a form of birth control. :p

Invincible
19-06-2015, 08:43
So she wasn't afraid of the bad buys, only from the weird, quirky dudes...

FA RACING 01
19-06-2015, 08:50
So she wasn't afraid of the bad buys, only from the weird, quirky dudes...

That's it mate - clever woman my mom was.

agentbeef
19-06-2015, 09:47
I don't mind evans on the whole but his trouble is he cant stop himself involving the great unwashed british public, already he wants us all to apply to be a host. I will watch it because its there but it wont be top gear without the three stooges imo. yeah Jeremy can be a knob but he's the kind of knob I can laugh at. hope that Netflix rumour is true imagine the budget they could give them they could have a race to the moon.

FMS
19-06-2015, 11:48
Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of Clarkson, his nationalism, his babbittry, etc. However, as has already been said, for a lot of folks, those three guys are Top Gear, huh?

Sonic6L
19-06-2015, 11:59
Hope Chris Evans gets Clarkson back on as the Stig

Plato was on the TFI friday anniversary show, maybe that was a little clue.

Evans said on the One show that presenters will be auditioned and may not be "celebs".

Plato is still tied into Fifth Gear is he not?

Robhd
19-06-2015, 12:07
Ok... Lets sort this out with an Evans - Clarkson comparison... Are they both?

Smug - Yup
Rich - Yup
Irritating -Yup
Amusing - Sometimes
Opinionated - Pull your socks up Evans you're starting to lag behind
Funny - that's it... Bin the ginger one... Bring back Jezza!

SL1DE
22-06-2015, 09:07
I usually post this on every Top Gear Facebook post I see. Made it back in April, before it was announced and only rumoured.

http://puu.sh/iyelD/18c1ca9268.jpg

slicker55
22-06-2015, 11:35
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks CE is a bad choice...
I just hope to christ Vicki Butler-Henderson doesn't join him - can't stick her either!

Baron_Greenback
22-06-2015, 13:17
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks CE is a bad choice...
I just hope to christ Vicki Butler-Henderson doesn't join him - can't stick her either!

For some reason VBH reminds me of this:
http://www.crazy-frog.us/donthotlink-crazy-frog-1280x1024-1.jpg

Baron_Greenback
23-06-2015, 14:58
It has been announced that Evans will be hosting TFI Friday, rather than that groan tube toy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjQj5Zls9V0) Nick Grimshaw. How does he expect to find the time, while hosting Top Gear and his radio show? My money is on a covert Clarkson return.

mcscott
23-06-2015, 15:28
Appointing Chris Evans was just as, or even more controversial than sacking Clarkson in the first place. It would appear that The BBC is desperate for anyone to join him considering that auditions have been opened to the public.

Personally, I think TG is doomed, no matter what they do now.

Baron_Greenback
23-06-2015, 15:43
Appointing Chris Evans was just as, or even more controversial than sacking Clarkson in the first place. It would appear that The BBC is desperate for anyone to join him considering that auditions have been opened to the public.

Personally, I think TG is doomed, no matter what they do now.

The BBC knows that, that's why I suspect the return of Jesu..sorry, Jeremy Clarkson.

girlracerTracey
23-06-2015, 17:06
I spoke once again over the weekend with my mother about this topic and she reasserted quite firmly that she found Jeremy Clarkson and that "horrid ferret-like ginger haired man" equally unsavoury. Her choice would have been the "simply gorgeous" Monty Don.

grT

FMS
23-06-2015, 20:54
Hehe :)

MartinMWWebb
25-06-2015, 12:41
TG has bored me for some time now, its not really been about reviewing cars, just 3 guys a bit of banter and a couple of challenges here and there.

Evans is a boring idiot and will probably end up completely killing off the show, especially if JC, RH & JM make their comeback on Netflix.

starpiercer
26-06-2015, 11:56
I usually post this on every Top Gear Facebook post I see. Made it back in April, before it was announced and only rumoured.

http://puu.sh/iyelD/18c1ca9268.jpg

Lol, no need to get Barney Gumble involved in this.

Martini Da Gasalini
26-06-2015, 16:01
So all this because Clarkson punched the producer?

SL1DE
28-06-2015, 13:21
Lol, no need to get Barney Gumble involved in this.

I was wondering what you were on about for 30 seconds before I realised you were referring to the "Barney stinks" sign in the background. xD

I was going to Photoshop that also but I didn't know what to put there.

Neil Bateman
28-06-2015, 13:30
I would have thought if chief wiggum, lenny and carl were first on the scene after the fracas we would still have top gear as we all know and love.

TheReaper GT
28-06-2015, 13:57
Last 22 series episode today, the end of an era indeed.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 05:51
The sadness :-[

Baron_Greenback
29-06-2015, 08:02
The greatest elephant in the room.....In the world.

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 08:03
The greatest elephant in the room.....In the world.

You said it brother. I'm a big fan of that trio, have all the seasons and was very sad with all the crap BBC pulled on them. Again, i'm glad to know that they are moving to something else and we are all in for a big surprise.

That episode was sad, I'll never watch it again.

Baron_Greenback
29-06-2015, 08:11
You said it brother. I'm a big fan of that trio, have all the seasons and was very sad with all the crap BBC pulled on them. Again, i'm glad to know that they are moving to something else and we are all in for a big surprise.

Yeah, the BBC shot themselves in the foot, which ricochet and hit their cash cow. Thankfully it's not the end. Something wonderful is brewing. The mystery that surrounds it is captivating. Whatever happens I'm sure it will be mind blowing. And I agree, I ain't watching that episode again either. It was like a funeral.

FA RACING 01
29-06-2015, 08:24

I couldn't get myself so far to watch it. Perhaps I'll do the day the trio makes their return on new grounds.

Luke Townsend
29-06-2015, 21:00
I couldn't get myself so far to watch it. Perhaps I'll do the day the trio makes their return on new grounds.

Exactly the same with me. Got it "taped" and will watch it when Clarkson, May and Hammond announce their next show. That will be a day to celebrate! :)

TheReaper GT
29-06-2015, 21:06
Exactly the same with me. Got it "taped" and will watch it when Clarkson, May and Hammond announce their next show. That will be a day to celebrate! :)

Now the bet is, what they will call the superhuman driver.

Baron_Greenback
29-06-2015, 21:43

Sloskimo, the guy who beat my time on Oulton Park, the git.

FA RACING 01
30-06-2015, 07:35

Yeah. Got to be good. Hmmm ......... [be back on that]

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 13:55
My money is on Jeniffer :D:D

I'd love to see Sabine Schmitz with them as part of the team, God, I love that woman.

TheReaper GT
30-06-2015, 18:33
FASTAH FASTAH FASTAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

The queen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgxUSOdecY&feature=iv&src_vid=qeOZL9oGaLg&annotation_id=annotation_2893232851

"This is a Fiat, with and old dutch man behind the wheel" Schmitz, Sabine

Baron_Greenback
30-06-2015, 19:25
FASTAH FASTAH FASTAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

The queen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgxUSOdecY&feature=iv&src_vid=qeOZL9oGaLg&annotation_id=annotation_2893232851

"This is a Fiat, with and old dutch man behind the wheel" Schmitz, Sabine
She's my ideal woman. Sabine. Not Jennifer. (That would take some persuasion and some GHB)

MULTIVITZ
01-07-2015, 09:39
Sick man.

TheReaper GT
13-07-2015, 17:31
:dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection:

lezuz
13-07-2015, 20:22
Top Gear UK IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE aMERICAN...and im brazilian...no need to go upon one side...top gear uk doesnt say whats politically correct as the americans does....and also 5 gear is very cool

TheReaper GT
13-07-2015, 20:33
Top Gear UK IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE aMERICAN...and im brazilian...no need to go upon one side...top gear uk doesnt say whats politically correct as the americans does....and also 5 gear is very cool

The american top ger was ok on the first season, but americans don't like the format, so they steer it to the competitions, removing almost all car tests an interviews. A shame. I'm also Brazilian and I love the british Top Gear, I have all seasons and watch some episodes every week. I kind of like Fifth Gear, but sometimes Tiff Needell is so silly that I stop watching. Vicki in the other hand, I can't stop, she is funny, gorgeous and fast. :D

xautos
13-07-2015, 21:16
i keep thinking, bring on alexandra lagouix to top gear. shes always hanging around motorsports and probably knows a bit about cars, shes not bad looking at all and shes a presenter anyway and still quite young. she already hits all 3 boxes.

Exocet
14-07-2015, 13:02
Oh no i can't believe they are finished with top gear... I won't watch it again...

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/250x250/52993552.jpg

Add Guy Martin and Chris Harris to the Ginger one and You would stop your crying about things.

TG has been going stale for 2 or 3 years.

First show with Evans WILL be 918 v P1 v The Ferrari

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 13:04
Yeah, ok

Exocet
14-07-2015, 13:27
I take it you know who Chris Harris and Guy Martin are?

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 13:30
I take it you know who Chris Harris and Guy Martin are?

I do, I just don't care for your way of showing your opinion.

Exocet
14-07-2015, 13:34
I know. I can be a bit bolshy in my methods of telling people that their first world problems really are fairly sad, and they should dry their eyes.

TheReaper GT
14-07-2015, 13:36
I know. I can be a bit bolshy in my methods of telling people that their first world problems really are fairly sad, and they should dry their eyes.

Not everything needs to be a problem or a war man, we are just talking about a show we love and got very entertained with.

xautos
14-07-2015, 13:45

how constructive is your opinion or are you just heaping it on because you can? it looks more like the latter but you know thats a first world problem right?
so i could of stuck a knife in the side of a few of these threads but i decided not to because everyone is allowed their opinion even if i dont agree with it. thats where i end my point. show the other poster a bit more respect.

lezuz
15-07-2015, 12:13

go find a girlfriend kid...u have some issues...Freud explains hahaha

MysterG
15-07-2015, 12:52
go find a girlfriend kid...u have some issues...Freud explains hahaha

Lets leave out the insults please.

Sea Skimmer
15-07-2015, 13:05
End of an era for me anyway. Sorry, just can't stand Evans ever since he went all ego on Radio 1 way, way back. I can't watch the guy. Bring on Netflix with JC, May and Hammond.

You Wrote (near enough) exactly what I was going to type.

little fella
21-07-2015, 12:38
With the news that Mr.Evans has joined the new look programme we are still waiting for news of other presenters.

I really think Chris Harris would be a very good addition to the show. He is a very good driver, funny, witty and all round top bloke.

I always watch his videos on "Harris on Cars" site.

Still no idea as to how the programme will go down with Evans but I believe Harris would be great.

MysterG
21-07-2015, 12:42
Merged with TG thread

little fella
21-07-2015, 12:44
Merged with TG thread

Good call I forgot about this thread.

MrFlibble81
21-07-2015, 12:47
They should get Jerry Seinfeld to host it!

He loves cars and as we all know he's a very funny comedy writer.

Deltawave371
21-07-2015, 12:49
My vote would of gone to Tiff Needell.