PDA

View Full Version : Post Patch 1.4 issues

Miesjh
17-06-2015, 13:32
Again in some circumstances the drive button is locked. :mad:

donpost
17-06-2015, 13:38
Do you have the DLC? I see a Bentley in there and I have a sneaky suspicion that might be the cause. The reason I say that is I do not own the DLC, yet I was still able to join a server where the car was forced to the Bentley. When I got to the garage I had exactly the same thing - all options but "online lobby" were locked.

Miesjh
17-06-2015, 13:39
Yep, I have the DLC.

ciderman9000000
17-06-2015, 13:48
IMO your TV is too shiny and that's causing the Drive button to become 'slick' for want of a better phrase. My guess is that when the mechanism that's supposed to remove the greyed-out texture attempts to get a grip it's just not taking and so the button remains unavailable. Try smudging up your TV a bit by eating a pack of Pom Bears and then fingering the button on-screen for a few seconds before reporting back. I'm no scientist but that's just common sense, surely?

Miesjh
17-06-2015, 14:00
Now it's telling me that i'm not connected to Xbox live, then crash. I give up......

Snowowl
17-06-2015, 14:53
Are you connected to Xbox Live or not? If you're not, it is Live and possibly not the game. Try doing a FULL system reboot by going into the Xbox Dashboard, out of all games, then hold the X button on the console until the system shuts down. Remove the electrical outlet plug from the external power pack and let it sit until all power is drained out (no white or light orange light on the power pack). Reconnect to the wall socket, then start the console as you normally do, and let any updates the system may do complete fully before attempting to sign in.

Next, check in My games & apps from the Xbox Dashboard, making sure nothing is queued for download or actively downloading. Check Project CARS under Manage game to make sure it is showing 19 GB total size. That is the full 1.4 update install.

agentbeef
17-06-2015, 14:54
IMO your TV is too shiny and that's causing the Drive button to become 'slick' for want of a better phrase. My guess is that when the mechanism that's supposed to remove the greyed-out texture attempts to get a grip it's just not taking and so the button remains unavailable. Try smudging up your TV a bit by eating a pack of Pom Bears and then fingering the button on-screen for a few seconds before reporting back. I'm no scientist but that's just common sense, surely?

lmfao.

kc76
17-06-2015, 14:58
Are you connected to Xbox Live or not? If you're not, it is Live and possibly not the game. Try doing a FULL system reboot by going into the Xbox Dashboard, out of all games, then hold the X button on the console until the system shuts down. Remove the electrical outlet plug from the external power pack and let it sit until all power is drained out (no white or light orange light on the power pack). Reconnect to the wall socket, then start the console as you normally do, and let any updates the system may do complete fully before attempting to sign in.

Next, check in My games & apps from the Xbox Dashboard, making sure nothing is queued for download or actively downloading. Check Project CARS under Manage game to make sure it is showing 19 GB total size. That is the full 1.4 update install.

Also try rebooting the router !

BDR Daz
17-06-2015, 15:20
I'm no scientist but that's just common sense, surely?

I am in the same boat (No Scientist) but common sense says to me that the Xbox 360 controller (Pictured to the right) does not work on an Xbox One ... Can you try with an Xbox One controller and report back with your findings :p

Rearwing
17-06-2015, 15:27
I have the same problem, disconnected from XBox Live. Done everything suggested above, even uninstalled and re-installed and still no joy. Yes I am connected to XBox Live, checked service status of Xbox Live and no issues with it. I have access to all features of Xbox Live for every other game I have with no issues.

So how do I fix it?

Oh and its saying 19GB so I presume that's the patch.

robnroll88
17-06-2015, 15:36
I have the same problem, disconnected from XBox Live. Done everything suggested above, even uninstalled and re-installed and still no joy. Yes I am connected to XBox Live, checked service status of Xbox Live and no issues with it. I have access to all features of Xbox Live for every other game I have with no issues.

So how do I fix it?

Oh and its saying 19GB so I presume that's the patch.

Exactly the same, like WTF we guna do now? Thats me out of our league race tonight, absolute Tosh!

Edit; Just got a warning for this comment from Ian Bell, haha

FuriousDemon
17-06-2015, 15:36
This issue is not fixed with this patch. They didn't say when, but possibly 1.5 will.

Sampo
17-06-2015, 15:39
Right now http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status is saying that gaming is limited. Maybe that's the reason?

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 15:42
Right now http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status is saying that gaming is limited. Maybe that's the reason?

Surely no, it has to be our fault.

Rearwing
17-06-2015, 15:44
That might do it. When I checked there were no issues so thanks for that Sampo your a star :) (Panic Over)

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 15:46
Surely no, it has to be our fault.

Some people just don't think to check Xbox support online, lol

Rearwing
17-06-2015, 15:48
Well to be honest Mr Bell, I thought it was my fault and I had broken it because to be honest I seem to be one of the few who has not had any issues with the game since its release. So please don't think I was aiming anything at you guys, your all doing a stunning job :D

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 15:50
Well to be honest Mr Bell, I thought it was my fault and I had broken it because to be honest I seem to be one of the few who has not had any issues with the game since its release. So please don't think I was aiming anything at you guys, your all doing a stunning job :D

Wasn't blaming you mate.

It was this geezer calling our work absolute tosh, followed by him feeling bad about being called out on it:

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 15:50
Exactly the same, like WTF we guna do now? Thats me out of our league race tonight, absolute Tosh!

As above :)

Settle or we'll remove you.

Ian Bell
17-06-2015, 15:51

You just got another one, haha!

Im Sorry
17-06-2015, 17:10
People just can't seem to get there head round checking if Xbox live has issues.Will be like this all week.Won't be the last post im sure.:boxing:

Wizards ZA
17-06-2015, 17:33
All working again.:)

kc76
17-06-2015, 18:30
Is anyone having a problem after a pit stop sending your tyres flat ?

Im Sorry
17-06-2015, 18:50
Got some bad screen tearing on Laguna Seca in the first corner and at the corkscrew.

nwrlchargerl
17-06-2015, 18:56
Il tell you what I had issues with, the audi r8 GT3, every now and then my tyres would go from green straight to blue and stay blue for the rest of a race, Impossible to drive, I mean, I rarely use this car but what is that about lol

kc76
17-06-2015, 19:00
I went into the pits in the lead then came out with all four tyres red ! Sparks coming out the car and almost no control ! Went into photo mode and low and behold all four tyres were flat ! Lost the race !

Bealdor
17-06-2015, 19:00
Il tell you what I had issues with, the audi r8 GT3, every now and then my tyres would go from green straight to blue and stay blue for the rest of a race, Impossible to drive, I mean, I rarely use this car but what is that about lol

You're not driving it fast enough (no joke).

Lagoa
17-06-2015, 20:04
FFB is great now, reseted everything, kept tyre force and FFB strenght at 100. Deadzone is at 1. But I feel the car is unstable (too light feeling) when driving
straight.. It has that wobbly feeling.. Any1 know how to fix this? FFB is great but feels very light when straight.. Also when straightening the car after a turn.

2nd thing is when turning wheel all the way to the left or right, is that it is clipping now.. Didn't do that pre patch..

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 20:10
Using a tx? If so try this208133

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 20:11
Oh god, nubcake image upload.....

Roger Prynne
17-06-2015, 20:22
That's some wacky looking settings there TAGS.

Lagoa
17-06-2015, 20:47
Thanks for your help, but I'm not interested in changing a bunch of things in garage setup. Is there no other way to help this light feeling on straights? In the main options somewhere?
Would increasing the deadzone help? Or the master scale in the garage setup?

edit: the clipping doesn't really bother me that much, it's mostly keeping the car nicely straight

TAGS Battfink
17-06-2015, 20:54
This is the in race settings i use, not in garage, easy to get to.if by wobble you mean the car is coasting side to side, try decreasing the fy and mz smoothing a little and try 0 deadzone, and then 5, see if it works

Sankyo
17-06-2015, 20:58
FFB is great now, reseted everything, kept tyre force and FFB strenght at 100. Deadzone is at 1. But I feel the car is unstable (too light feeling) when driving
straight.. It has that wobbly feeling.. Any1 know how to fix this? FFB is great but feels very light when straight.. Also when straightening the car after a turn.

2nd thing is when turning wheel all the way to the left or right, is that it is clipping now.. Didn't do that pre patch..
What car(s)? What wheel are you using?

Miesjh
17-06-2015, 21:15
Again this evening I had this issue multiple times. Is this a known issue, Ian? There were also issues that in some situations we could not change the camera position. Not all people is the party had this issue.

Archenemy300
17-06-2015, 21:26
I went into the pits in the lead then came out with all four tyres red ! Sparks coming out the car and almost no control ! Went into photo mode and low and behold all four tyres were flat ! Lost the race !

I tryed qualifying at oulton park in the rs500. The tyres go from blue to red in 2 laps since 1.4 patch. Any other problems with tyres??

Haiden
17-06-2015, 21:27
I haven't tried 1.4 yet, but I've found too much smoothing, especially on the Mz setting can cause a strong left/right wobble, like a mini tug-of-war, in the wheel at high speed on straights. My guess is the smoothing causes the lateral forces to bleed/spill into each other and create a kind off perpetual FFB reverb effect. If you're smoothing some of the scales, try a little less smoothing.

Bamu
17-06-2015, 21:56
Try Deadzone Removal Range 0.02 for the Thrustmaster TX Wheel, it works for me.

For more Info read the Deadzone Removal Range Settings Part (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE) how you can find the Deadzone Range for every Wheel.

Lagoa
17-06-2015, 22:49
wobbly might not be the exact way to describe this. It just a very light feeling on straights, and before I know I'm driving slighty to the right or left.. It is nog a steady feeling, on straight it feels like there is absolutly no ffb at all... Using the TX wheel btw, driving the Audi R18 for the moment.

BellCurve
17-06-2015, 22:58
What car(s)? What wheel are you using?

I was experiencing this as well. The Renault Clio Cup, Thrustmaster TX

Roger Prynne
17-06-2015, 23:00
Try Deadzone Removal Range 0.02 for the Thrustmaster TX Wheel, it works for me.

For more Info read the Deadzone Removal Range Settings Part (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22122-G25-G27-SETUP-GUIDE) how you can find the Deadzone Range for every Wheel.

Yeah try playing with the Deadzone Removal Range Lagoa.

nissan4ever
17-06-2015, 23:05
I experienced zero issues in regards to patch 1.4 & my TX. I'm very pleased with this update. Especially in regards to the FFB. No wobble or clipping.

I prefer Jack Spade's Spreadsheet SopLateral Mix chart for my car FFB settings.

MadMuhammad6
17-06-2015, 23:34
You just got another one, haha!

Good to see you're not taking anymore BS from anyone Ian. You've been more than fair and receptive to criticism. Hopefully this help to the pull the odd 1 or 2 that go overboard in line

Ixoye56
17-06-2015, 23:46
I had a few sound glitches and one CTD leaving pits at Brand Hatch, but that was my only issues the whole evening, had a fantastic race against AI at the same track, great work guys !

SteveSize01
18-06-2015, 00:07
Yeh I had this for the first time couple of hours ago. Came out of pits tires went flat (red), FFB went, span out etc etc. I didn't have this happen before patch 1.4.

Looks like I had a corrupt pit strategy. It was named ....x..... or xxxXxxx. Weird! Anyway I deleted it, made a new one, checked I was getting the correct tire pressure (same as my car setup) and saved it. Re-started the race and pitted and it worked fine.

Be careful if you are editing your pit strategy on the fly. I noticed when I did that my tires were gonna be pressure 200 and medium compound (this is not what id saved it to be). My saved pressures were 168 front and 165 back soft compound (sorry if there is supposed to be a decimal place in there). There is defo something up with the pit strategy I think at the moment.

Anyway the point is I tested it 3 times same race in career and by editing my pit strategy pre race and just letting it do its thing in the pit lane my car survived every time. Could have been luck though!

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 00:42
Yeah try playing with the Deadzone Removal Range Lagoa.

What do you mean and how do I change this??
I've tried Deadzone at 5 and at 0. At 5 just felt retarted and 0 was too responsive, put it back at 1. Still felt the best out of the three.. Getting more used to it I guess but just feels to light for me. Even on straight it shouldn't feel so lightweighted.. And any solution to clipping when turning all the way?

Apart from these things the FFB is really good now! No Jack Spade no nothing, just default ffb is very nice.

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 00:44
Only option to change deadzone is per 5... Maybe would be perfect at 2 or something but is not possible :P

AdM1
18-06-2015, 00:47
After pitting tyres are all red and no grip.. Seen it mentioned a few times.

Ixoye56
18-06-2015, 00:50
Only option to change deadzone is per 5... Maybe would be perfect at 2 or something but is not possible :P

You change Deadzone Removal Range in the FFB settings (Controller Menu)

madmax2069
18-06-2015, 00:51
I think this setting is listed in the individual car setup screens

Ixoye56
18-06-2015, 00:55
I think this setting is listed in the individual car setup screens

Yes you are probably right, it is I who confuses things ;)

jsykes
18-06-2015, 02:57
Well, I have been lucky with the game and have only had some minor issues. Tonight though, I had the game crash on me 2 times in three career races. It doesnt totally crash, but the game has to be quit and restarted. I installed 1.4 tonight and did a full restart/reboot of the machine before playing at all.

Basically, after a qualifying session, I hit the skip to end choice and I get a "simulating session" on screen with a bunch of staticy noise and it doesnt ever end. It just locks up that way. I have attached a video of it. I only recorded about 15 seconds, but I let it go for ten minutes and it didnt stop. Again, this happened after qualifying and it happened twice in three races and I gave up after the second time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqynKB2011Y

Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

Dookie Possum
18-06-2015, 03:03
Just got on after downloading new update. While driving a formula rookie around Oulton, the car seems to hesitate...the speedometer is increasing smoothly, but the car seems to...hiccup as it picks up speed. What changed and what do I need to do to reduce this?

rene0023
18-06-2015, 05:41
Now every time I win a race the 50% of time the game freezes. I'm gonna change the name of the game Project Bugs. ����

Cornflex
18-06-2015, 06:38
I play career mode and had the first race in Dubai.
The sprint race went fine. The second race included a mandatory pit stop in lap 2. After pitting I had four flat tires right after exiting the pits.
What's wrong here? :confused:

kc76
18-06-2015, 06:47
Pit stop bug is known I think ! Edit the pit stop stratergy and alter the tyre pressure slightly then save it ! try it out !

kc76
18-06-2015, 06:47
Do it before the race though !

agentbeef
18-06-2015, 08:32
ok so unfortunately I still have the qualy bug where you are unable to leave the pits bloody shame it was the first time I had seen a full lobby 15 cars out setting qualifying times and me in the pits it happened three times in a row which is more than has happened before. 1.4 not as described. shame

Roger Prynne
18-06-2015, 10:32
What do you mean and how do I change this??
I've tried Deadzone at 5 and at 0. At 5 just felt retarted and 0 was too responsive, put it back at 1. Still felt the best out of the three.. Getting more used to it I guess but just feels to light for me. Even on straight it shouldn't feel so lightweighted.. And any solution to clipping when turning all the way?

Apart from these things the FFB is really good now! No Jack Spade no nothing, just default ffb is very nice.

So I take it you are on PC? if so you can change DeadZone Removal Range in very small increments not in 5's, so I'm confused.

You change Deadzone Removal Range in the FFB settings (Controller Menu)

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 11:09
So I take it you are on PC? if so you can change DeadZone Removal Range in very small increments not in 5's, so I'm confused.

No I'm on XBOX1, I know, have to change my profile.. It's not that I can't keep the car straight, it just feels very lightweighted... I use a TX Wheel and set DOR at the base on 270 degrees. Then I calibrate in the game. But apart from the lightweight feel and clipping when all the way turn, everything feels about right and can really feel when I start to lose control of the car.

dI Atticus Ib
18-06-2015, 11:10
Game won't save anything after patch 1.4! so mad!

Fractured Life
18-06-2015, 12:04
Online: Very difficult to find a lobby where I can select the 'drive' option. Its seemingly 50/50 as to whether or not I can join a random lobby or even a friends private lobby and be able to select the drive option. I realize when time is nearly up in a session drive is locked but I am talking about cases where there are 10-15 minutes left in the practice/qualifying session. Occasionally rebooting and rejoining works, but equally, sometimes it doesnt.

Kicked to Dashboard: Still having issues with randomly being kicked to the Dashboard. Everything appears to be fine, just need to restart Project Cars when this happens.

Online: Another issue is if I accept an invite from a friend, I cannot join session in progress because although I can see my buddies in the lobby, they are at a completely different track from what I see in the lobby. Example, last night we were gonna race the Gulf 1000s round Caldwell but I was kicked to Dash so I hard reset, when I accepted an invite after reloading the game I can see we are in the Gulfs, I can see the guys I am going to race in the lobby, but I am showing that we are doing 1 lap around some kart circuit even though it should be a 6 lapper with 15 mins qualifying, of which about ten are left according to the guys in party.

Setups: All my setups have changed. Specific ones I had wrote down, bump stops always seems to be around 0-5mm where before there was that little bit extra to allow me to run stiffer springs and lower ride height (this is on all cars and setups I have done). Its always the bump stops that seem to change, gearing etc always appears the same. I don't believe this is linked to the compound (ie wet tyres...less bump stop needed due to higher tyre wall?) or the weather unless thats something built into the game if we run 'automatic by weather' tyre choice.

Pitstops: It seems to have set all tyre pressures stupidly low on my strategy so they run flat and red within a lap or two. Almost undriveable but i guess if I reset my strategy's it will work.

FPS drops: These appear to have improved, still noticeable on certain tracks or when in the pack if there is rain but not enough to make a difference to me (other than thinking "Man I can see the drops, I should be a fighter pilot...")

I'll have a lot more time to try things out this evening. Hopefully the issues are related to whatever XBL issues were being experienced yesterday.

Please feel free to advise me to hard reset the Xbox One and make sure I don't have instant on enabled :p

EDIT: Sound! I forgot about that. Still getting the occasional "music/game sound is being played down a pipe at me" sound and the other one where it sounds like an echo of the engineer is repeating over himself. Sometimes it seems to keep doubling up this effect until the game has to crash from too many echos.
Also I remember a specific set of circumstances that would crash the game. In Practice or Qualifying if I go to Monitor, select another user to watch their laps and press 'a' to select their profile the sound doubles up creating that crazy echo and the game crashes. Its only if I attempt to select that persons profile from the monitor screen. Strange one.
EDIT2: Camera Views. Had a race at Brno in the CLK DTM I think it was, pretty sure I dont have that DLC. But in the race and qualifying i was unable to change view. It wasn't locked to in car views either, I was on the font bumper cam low to the ground. Really tough to judge the blind summit there with such a low view. Thats the only time it happened though.

Roger Prynne
18-06-2015, 12:20
No I'm on XBOX1, I know, have to change my profile.. It's not that I can't keep the car straight, it just feels very lightweighted... I use a TX Wheel and set DOR at the base on 270 degrees. Then I calibrate in the game. But apart from the lightweight feel and clipping when all the way turn, everything feels about right and can really feel when I start to lose control of the car.

Well that's a bummer that you can only change in 5% increments!?!

Also you should be setting your wheel for 900 as the game will set the correct steering ratios per car to be realistic and you won't get the correct FFB if set at 270

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 12:53
Well that's a bummer that you can only change in 5% increments!?!

Also you should be setting your wheel for 900 as the game will set the correct steering ratios per car to be realistic and you won't get the correct FFB if set at 270

I know and have tried this before. But leaving it at 900 and then go in the LMP cars, it's too much rotation, can't take the sharp turns decently.. If you leave at 900 how does the game adjust in lmp? It feels like 540 or something...

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 13:05
and you won't get the correct FFB if set at 270

So if calibrate at 270 it won't give me the correct FFB?
And you say leave it at 900, you mean calibrate at 900 first right?

Raven403
18-06-2015, 13:07
So if calibrate at 270 it won't give me the correct FFB?
And you say leave it at 900, you mean calibrate at 900 first right?

I never changed the DOR on my wheel, and everything is just fine now after 1.4. If you want a faster wheel response Id lower the steering ratio, or increase sensitivity.

I always calibrate it for 900, and the game always has a 1:1 ratio on inputs. So the whole DOR thing is overblown on the forum in my opinion.

Bealdor
18-06-2015, 13:09
I never changed the DOR on my wheel, and everything is just fine now after 1.4. If you want a faster wheel response Id lower the steering ratio, or increase sensitivity.

I always calibrate it for 900, and the game always has a 1:1 ratio on inputs. So the whole DOR thing is overblown on the forum in my opinion.

^^This guy gets it. :yes:

psydeviant1
18-06-2015, 13:15

this just doesnt work for me , how do you take the formula A round azure without having to spin the wheel 3 times in order to turn the hairpin/ tight turns before the tunnel , i know the game is supposed to give you correct rotation per car but it wont auto adjust for me i still have to over rotate the wheel

Bealdor
18-06-2015, 13:16
this just doesnt work for me , how do you take the formula A round azure without having to spin the wheel 3 times in order to turn the hairpin/ tight turns before the tunnel , i know the game is supposed to give you correct rotation per car but it wont auto adjust for me i still have to over rotate the wheel

Just like IRL: Adjust the steering ratio in the tuning setup for this extremely tight track.

psydeviant1
18-06-2015, 13:16
i will try again now im patched to 1.4 but i found calibrating to say 540 or 360 works fine

Raven403
18-06-2015, 13:21

Well, I dont cuz I hate Azure, but I digress. Even in F1 Monaco is a one off race, the car is setup SPECIFICALLY for that track, so to be fair to SMS its not exactly easy to replicate that on One car on that specific track. And to change DOR for that one scenario doesnt make sense either. I suggest, using all the Camber you can, lowest steering ratio you can and maybe work some Toe Out in there to help turn in. Also maybe up steering sensitivity for that track too. Other than that Im not sure what else to do, I raced prototypes there in career (hated it) but you do need to crank the wheel around to get around a 180 degree hairpin no matter what ya do. But the fact remains that on 900 DOR the ratio is 1:1 which means its not multiplying the 360 DOR to 900 its automatically calibrating to 1:1 meaning after calibration its not actually 900 degrees to FULL lock. If it was you would have to turn ALOT more

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 14:07
Well, I dont cuz I hate Azure, but I digress. Even in F1 Monaco is a one off race, the car is setup SPECIFICALLY for that track, so to be fair to SMS its not exactly easy to replicate that on One car on that specific track. And to change DOR for that one scenario doesnt make sense either. I suggest, using all the Camber you can, lowest steering ratio you can and maybe work some Toe Out in there to help turn in. Also maybe up steering sensitivity for that track too. Other than that Im not sure what else to do, I raced prototypes there in career (hated it) but you do need to crank the wheel around to get around a 180 degree hairpin no matter what ya do. But the fact remains that on 900 DOR the ratio is 1:1 which means its not multiplying the 360 DOR to 900 its automatically calibrating to 1:1 meaning after calibration its not actually 900 degrees to FULL lock. If it was you would have to turn ALOT more

It you calibrate at 270, the game is 1:1 aswell...

crlowe
18-06-2015, 14:09
Bathurst pit bug has not been fixed!!!!

Raven403
18-06-2015, 14:10
It you calibrate at 270, the game is 1:1 aswell...

Yeah, meaning its all the same. Look im not trying to argue with anyone, if it works for you it works. long as your enjoying it.

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 14:14
Yeah, meaning its all the same. Look im not trying to argue with anyone, if it works for you it works. long as your enjoying it.

Not arguying with you. Just confused because now Im starting to think Im not experiencing the correct ffb. Altough I have to say it is perfect now. Exept for the clipping when turn all the way and the very lightweighted feel I get on straights.. Maybe this is due to calibratiing at 270? I don't know.. All the rest feels great though

Raven403
18-06-2015, 14:25
Not arguying with you. Just confused because now Im starting to think Im not experiencing the correct ffb. Altough I have to say it is perfect now. Exept for the clipping when turn all the way and the very lightweighted feel I get on straights.. Maybe this is due to calibratiing at 270? I don't know.. All the rest feels great though

It could be, im sure 20 different people will jump in and say im wrong. But i changed my DOR to all the different settings, and calibrated and noticed literally ZERO difference. This was a while ago, but i imagine its just the same. If the game automatically calibrates to 1:1 the only thing your changing in DOR is the soft stop limit, just means it will stop you from turning the wheel the full 900 rotation. So whether its set to 900, 540, 360, 270 if its calibrating at 1:1 then its 1:1 so the DOR is the same. I think alot of people are getting placebo'ed by all the DOR talk because Ive been just fine at 900 adjusting steering ratio for a quicker response on some cars.

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 14:43
Don't really understand everything you said. All I know FOR SURE is that when i leave it at 900 and go race LMP it rotates much more.. No placebo. I'll try it out again tonight I guess

Raven403
18-06-2015, 14:46
Don't really understand everything you said. All I know FOR SURE is that when i leave it at 900 and go race LMP it rotates much more.. No placebo. I'll try it out again tonight I guess

So are you calibrating at 900 THEN changing DOR to something else? Or changing DOR then calibrating? But either way, if its working for you then by all means keep doing what your doing. Just offering my insight is all.

To keep the thread on Point, after 1.4 my FFB is just fine, I dont fiddle with the base DOR and im very happy, its just like it is on PC its great. MP is the only continued issue but that was an issue before 1.4 it just seems worse now

Lagoa
18-06-2015, 14:48
So are you calibrating at 900 THEN changing DOR to something else? Or changing DOR then calibrating?

I put the DOR to 270 on the wheel base and then go calibrate in the menu. If you do not do it this way you will not have a 1:1 ingame.

edit: if I do the 90 degree angle calibration it then says 270 on screen

beetes_juice
18-06-2015, 14:50
One thing I've noticed with the drive button being locked: Once you have connected to all members of the online lobby the drive button becomes unlocked. Before and after the patch. Say there are ten members in the lobby, your button is locked, take a look at how many racers you have in the lobby while your still in the pits, number should be less then the total people in the lobby.

If you haven't connected to everyone your not going to be able to drive out. I've sat there and seen myself with the button locked, gamertags will pop up in the online lobby where the lap times are and once I've established a connection with everyone I'm able to drive out. Still can't drive out? Leave and try again, has worked for me.

Also, another thing with online lobbies. If there is less then 2-3 minutes left in a session the session becomes locked and nobody can join; not enough time to connect and complete a flying lap. Once the session ends and you start the next people will be able to join. Try not to send invites out with less then 4-5 minutes left in a session.

I see all the comments from people on here saying issue this, issue that, when in reality it was how the games was designed. I would like to see if anyone else has experienced this and can confirm/correct me. Came to these conclusions after around 450 online races.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 14:53
One thing I've noticed with the drive button being locked: Once you have connected to all members of the online lobby the drive button becomes unlocked. Before and after the patch. Say there are ten members in the lobby, your button is locked, take a look at how many racers you have in the lobby while your still in the pits, number should be less then the total people in the lobby.

If you haven't connected to everyone your not going to be able to drive out. I've sat there and seen myself with the button locked, gamertags will pop up in the online lobby where the lap times are and once I've established a connection with everyone I'm able to drive out. Still can't drive out? Leave and try again, has worked for me.

Also, another thing with online lobbies. If there is less then 2-3 minutes left in a session the session becomes locked and nobody can join; not enough time to connect and complete a flying lap. Once the session ends and you start the next people will be able to join. Try not to send invites out with less then 4-5 minutes left in a session.

I see all the comments from people on here saying issue this, issue that, when in reality it was how the games was designed. I would like to see if anyone else has experienced this and can confirm/correct me. Came to these conclusions after around 450 online races.

Yup Ive found that as well. If you arent connecting to someone in lobby it doesnt let you drive. And yes if its under 2 minutes in session you cant join.

The Issues i refer to mostly are the lobby issues like getting dropped to dash, freezing, no game chat, stuttering when someone joins/quits

Raven403
18-06-2015, 14:55
I put the DOR to 270 on the wheel base and then go calibrate in the menu. If you do not do it this way you will not have a 1:1 ingame.

edit: if I do the 90 degree angle calibration it then says 270 on screen

Roger, so then yes your doing it correctly, and If its working for you that way I encourage you to continue to do so. These settings are a matter of preference so if you like it better that way, you should keep it that way. I dont want to have to change my base DOR every time I turn it on so I dont bother, but I am fine with how it is so its all good.

i dont want to bog THIS thread down with all the FFB stuff theres plenty other for that, But the 90 degree calibration will read whatever your base DOR is set to, all thats doing is reading what the DOR is on your base so it knows what to calibrate the game to. at 270 i imagine it is compacting the input quite a bit to fit full range of motion inside a 270 DOR so yes I would imagine you dont need to turn the wheel as much.

Fractured Life
18-06-2015, 15:00

I was in your lobby (I thought, "beetes juice, cool name". Dirt was in that lobby too?) for a few and was pretty sure I had everyone listed but still locked out. Like I said its a 50-50 thing for me. Usually 'Drive', 'Edit Tuning' opens up after a few seconds and all of the people in the lobby are showing in the timing screen to the right, but if they are not and I leave and come back it doesn't always make a difference.

So then why am I not seeing all the others? I am assuming either NAT settings or someone is running without patch 1.4 and so I don't connect correctly with them? I am lost. Is PS4 any better, I could do a trade probably!!! I just wanna play pCars :)

Miesjh
18-06-2015, 15:04
But if the locked button is by design, then let the user know what's going on. Show a message saying: You cannot drive because the session time is below 2 min. etc.

Now I have no clue if this is a bug or it's on purpose.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 15:08
But if the locked button is by design, then let the user know what's going on. Show a message saying: You cannot drive because the session time is below 2 min. etc.

Now I have no clue if this is a bug or it's on purpose.

Agreed that there is an overall lack of explanation in Pcars, I think alot of that has to do with the fact that no NEW players were playing it through Dev? but either way your right, I think alot of threads on this forum and alot of the confusion couldve been nipped in the bud with a proper manual or "tour" through the game or something that explains some of the options and features

beetes_juice
18-06-2015, 15:09
Yup Ive found that as well. If you arent connecting to someone in lobby it doesnt let you drive. And yes if its under 2 minutes in session you cant join.

The Issues i refer to mostly are the lobby issues like getting dropped to dash, freezing, no game chat, stuttering when someone joins/quits

Good to hear. (except the issues your having) I've had my share of online crashes also but I just hop back in; easy to do when your not doing league races yet and I know you are having issues with your league dropping games and that has to be the biggest gripe.

Side note: One thing I've attributed to the stuttering when new racers join. (it's a pain) We have never had to deal with this in a racer.

When we race forza we all sit in the pre-lobby while the game picks the track, racers join, and the timer runs down. Pcars we are in a live session (practice/qualifying) while we wait for people to join and the race to start. You could be mid apex and joesmo joins or you could be tuning, there is going to be a little hiccup for the connection.

Forza we didn't see/notice this because we are just sitting in the menus (only when we got to race and the laggy cars were all over the place), we notice it more in Pcars because we are in live sessions.

That's my two cents.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 15:12
Side note: One thing I've attributed to the stuttering when new racers join. (it's a pain) We have never had to deal with this in a racer.

When we race forza we all sit in the pre-lobby while the game picks the track, racers join, and the timer runs down. Pcars we are in a live session (practice/qualifying) while we wait for people to join and the race to start. You could be mid apex and joesmo joins or you could be tuning, there is going to be a little hiccup for the connection.

Forza we didn't see/notice this because we are just sitting in the menus (only when we got to race and the laggy cars were all over the place), we notice it more in Pcars because we are in live sessions.

That's my two cents.

yeah I can imagine thats the reason. and if it was less dramatic it would be fine, but sometimes its pretty bad, and its not just ONE stutter it can be like 3 in a row, so its a bit annoying. if im in Quali for instance and im coming to a braking zone at 150mph and it stutters for even a second, Well there goes that lap. Our league does a long practice to compensate for this but If that happened in regular MP it would get quite annoying. But your right its a great feature so im willing to deal with some teething problems, buttttt in the scenario I mentioned it can be a hassle

Fractured Life
18-06-2015, 15:26
The stutter as others join can be annoying but I'll put up with it for a while as I'm just happy that you can join a session at any time and (apart from those issues outlined previously lol) get some laps in. I raced leagues a lot on F1 2010-2014 and if you were kicked or for whatever reason joined late you couldn't qualify or even practice a few laps. This system of joining whenever - I really like, and compared to lag spikes on F1 the ones in this game I can live with. Someone told me it happens when someone is joining the session in progress and they are getting the 'synchronizing' message on their screen, the rest of us stutter a bit at that point but then it settles down.

jsykes
18-06-2015, 17:03
Anyone have any issues with the game hanging when you skip to the end of a session? I've had it happen twice in three races in career, both after qualifying. It goes to a screen saying simulating and just hangs there indefinitely and I have to shut the game down and restart. Here is a video of it. Is this a known issue mods/devs? It only started happening last night after the update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7gbgaFbd-w

Dookie Possum
18-06-2015, 17:55
A little help please...frame rate drops. As I'm driving, the car seems to hesitate while accelerating, and while braking, it slows down too much and I think I'm slow enough and then the frame rate picks back up and it's like I'm shot out of a rocket and I miss the corner.

Any suggestions?

Schnizz58
18-06-2015, 19:01
I found a minor bug. It is probably not new and may already be a known issue. At Spa, with a Clio Cup, as the car exits the pit lane onto the track, it crashes into the barriers. Doesn't seem to do any real damage so this is probably only a cosmetic issue.

I found the same thing with the Clio at Sonoma. Only this time it was a little more severe. The car rams the barrier pretty hard and then grinds down it all the way to the exit. Again it appears to be cosmetic only.

chris4652009
18-06-2015, 21:25
Clio at donington

All good before pits, then on exiting pits the back of car collapses and rear wheels lock solid.
Happed every time I tried to pit on race 2 of the first round of season.

1.4 went on and all was great until now.

BellCurve
18-06-2015, 21:29
Audi R8 road car @ Silverstone

OverHaased
18-06-2015, 21:37
Sonoma National Bug still exist. Turn 11 receive a cutting track penalty in the middle of the track every lap. Not there on the other configurations.

Roger Prynne
18-06-2015, 21:38
Clio at donington

All good before pits, then on exiting pits the back of car collapses and rear wheels lock solid.

Have a look at this... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31984-Troubleshoot-a-big-bug-in-career-mode

AdM1
18-06-2015, 22:43
FFS just wasted a race after exiting pits and the tyres being flat :(.

Dookie Possum
18-06-2015, 22:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DFnVLHFdcA
Keeping same speed (roughly) and you can see the stuttering and frame rate dropping. Looking at the trees and at stationary objects outside the track you can tell. It's hard to brake correctly when the frame rate drops and makes you think you are going slower than you really are. Very upset at the game right now. Hoping the game can improve, as I loved it before this last patch.

EDIT: Of course after recording the clip, putting on Youtube, it doesn't look as bad as playing live. Thanks youtube and upload for making me look like an idiot.

Captnkuesel
18-06-2015, 23:06
Haha but you're right. Oulton still does not work fine for me. Other tracks I checked so far do work fine now. Cache issue remains and needs to be fixed for longer sessions of gaming. Don't want to stop after playing for an hour :(

chris4652009
19-06-2015, 08:49
FFS just wasted a race after exiting pits and the tyres being flat :(.

I had the same last night
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?31993-Rear-wheels-of-Clio-locking-after-pitting

DERKA DERKA1337
19-06-2015, 14:38

I shall investigate

Brent G
19-06-2015, 15:00
Please, please someone tell me why after qualifying 3rd, 4th, 1st, wherever, am I then starting at the back of the grid? This has happened 3 times in a row. This didn't happen pre patch. Any explanation anyone? This is the 3rd time Iv'e mentioned this and I'm still none the wiser!

kc76
19-06-2015, 17:13
Is that occurring in a single race or one of the two race sessions in career mode ? If it's race 2 then it's to do with your second fastest qualifying lap ! If you don't set a second one then your a t the back of the grid ! Done this myself !

pk500
20-06-2015, 06:01
Keeping same speed (roughly) and you can see the stuttering and frame rate dropping. Looking at the trees and at stationary objects outside the track you can tell. It's hard to brake correctly when the frame rate drops and makes you think you are going slower than you really are. Very upset at the game right now. Hoping the game can improve, as I loved it before this last patch.

EDIT: Of course after recording the clip, putting on Youtube, it doesn't look as bad as playing live. Thanks youtube and upload for making me look like an idiot.

Same thing happening here. Erratic chugs and spurts of framerate since downloading patch 1.4. First game ever to make me nauseous.

I had a few minor framerate chugs with patch 1.3. But patch 1.4 has all but ruined this game for me. The framerate is worse. Much worse.

pk500
20-06-2015, 06:02
A little help please...frame rate drops. As I'm driving, the car seems to hesitate while accelerating, and while braking, it slows down too much and I think I'm slow enough and then the frame rate picks back up and it's like I'm shot out of a rocket and I miss the corner.

Any suggestions?

Same here. Beyond frustrating. This did NOT happen with patch 1.3.

Progress ... you've got to love it.

Klondike68
20-06-2015, 06:06
I looked for a submit bug thread, but couldent find it.

So ill post here.

In carrer mode.

Clio race at oulton park race nr 2.

I cant seem to win it.

Even if I am first to cross the line then some AI cars in the pit get credited with the win.

nissan4ever
20-06-2015, 06:16
FYI for fps drop & stuttering on heavy tracks, that will be fixed in patch 1.5 (Oulton Park is one of them for example). Will get a 14% fps performance increase, this is per Ian Bell.

Major Raver
20-06-2015, 10:23
Clio at donington

I am having exactly same problem with Clio at Donnington, come out of pits and it's like all 4 tires have blown out.

Fractured Life
20-06-2015, 12:24
I am having exactly same problem with Clio at Donnington, come out of pits and it's like all 4 tires have blown out.

Your pit strategy is loading from a different track/vehicle combo (I think anyays) if you check tyre pressures my guess is the are at the lowest setting (1.50 I think). Once I created a fresh pit strat things worked better.

ManOfNantucket
20-06-2015, 13:11
Same thing happening here. Erratic chugs and spurts of framerate since downloading patch 1.4. First game ever to make me nauseous.

I had a few minor framerate chugs with patch 1.3. But patch 1.4 has all but ruined this game for me. The framerate is worse. Much worse.

I think the framerate is actually much more steady now, the game seems to be actually slowing down to maintain FPS. I too am getting "nauseous" from it. It also has seemed to destroy any sense of speed.

mkstatto
20-06-2015, 13:15
I think the framerate is actually much more steady now, the game seems to be actually slowing down to maintain FPS. I too am getting "nauseous" from it. It also has seemed to destroy any sense of speed.

Combine it with the sound stuttering issue and the Xbox version is still way off what it should be.

pk500
20-06-2015, 15:35
FYI for fps drop & stuttering on heavy tracks, that will be fixed in patch 1.5 (Oulton Park is one of them for example). Will get a 14% fps performance increase, this is per Ian Bell.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist or prick, but SMS promised a 5 to 7 percent upgrade to the framerate with patch 1.4, and the FPS is worse. Much worse, in many cases. Incredibly erratic, alternating between molasses-like chugging and a brief spurt of hyperspeed in corners. Very disorienting and a game-breaker for me.

So history tells me not to hold my breath for major improvements with patch 1.5. I'm seriously thinking about trading in this game and re-buying it at a far cheaper price in the fall. The sticker price for Project Cars will plummet once Forza 6 is released. So I may buy both in the fall. Hopefully by then Project Cars is more than an advanced beta product.

There's a great game somewhere on my Xbox One Project Cars disc. But it's harder to find right now than Amelia Earhart's remains in the Pacific.

A shame. I'm sure commercial pressures -- not ineptitude -- forced SMS to release this game as a glorified beta. SMS usually is FAR better than this. A damn good track record as a developer of quality sims.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 15:39
I'm not trying to be a pessimist or prick, but SMS promised a 5 to 7 percent upgrade to the framerate with patch 1.4, and the FPS is worse. Much worse, in many cases. Incredibly erratic, alternating between molasses-like chugging and a brief spurt of hyperspeed in corners. Very disorienting and a game-breaker for me.

So history tells me not to hold my breath for major improvements with patch 1.5. I'm seriously thinking about trading in this game and re-buying it at a far cheaper price in the fall. The sticker price for Project Cars will plummet once Forza 6 is released. So I may buy both in the fall. Hopefully by then Project Cars is more than an advanced beta product.

There's a great game somewhere on my Xbox One Project Cars disc. But it's harder to find right now than Amelia Earhart's remains in the Pacific.

A shame. I'm sure commercial pressures -- not ineptitude -- forced SMS to release this game as a glorified beta. SMS usually is FAR better than this. A damn good track record as a developer of quality sims.

This is absolutely simply not true. Any and all metrics show we've achieved those figures. Try powersaving mode on the Xbox. Other new games using the 'new' core are seeing similar issues. I've posted screenshots proving the next substantial increase BTW so that's a given.

Edit - Actually I've just read the rest of your post.

Go away.

Seps1974
20-06-2015, 16:12
It can be very frustrating for us customers dealing with so many bugs, even more when hopes were so high for PCARS.
The game has it all, just needs to be "tuned". The wheel support is amazing, options like using helmet view and removing the wheel from car are genial.
I just wish SMS manages to solve the issues, because this is the game that many people have been waiting for a long time, because it fills a gap that was left open by other car games.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 16:16
It can be very frustrating for us customers dealing with so many bugs, even more when hopes were so high for PCARS.
The game has it all, just needs to be "tuned". The wheel support is amazing, options like using helmet view and removing the wheel from car are genial.
I just wish SMS manages to solve the issues, because this is the game that many people have been waiting for a long time, because it fills a gap that was left open by other car games.

We can and will solve all valid issues (if they're remotely solvable).

B FIFE22
20-06-2015, 16:24

I thought I was just going crazy since I was playing late at night when I first noticed this. So now I know it's not just me that's having this issue. BTW you can still see the chugging in your clip but it's definitely more noticeable in real time.

Raven403
20-06-2015, 16:44

This is happening to me now too. I thought it was just a Kart thing because I restarted my career and that's what I've been racing, but it happens all over in different cars so your not alone.

ManOfNantucket
20-06-2015, 16:52
This is absolutely simply not true. Any and all metrics show we've achieved those figures. Try powersaving mode on the Xbox. Other new games using the 'new' core are seeing similar issues. I've posted screenshots proving the next substantial increase BTW so that's a given.

Edit - Actually I've just read the rest of your post.

Go away.

I have no doubt the frame rate is running much higher, but the game is now running much slower.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 16:59
I have no doubt the frame rate is running much higher, but the game is now running much slower.

Again, there must be some background processes happening. Such as downloads.

We've tested on about 12 different boxes and the smoothness is much improved. It has to be a local issue.

Raven403
20-06-2015, 17:11

We've tested on about 12 different boxes and the smoothness is much improved. It has to be a local issue.

I'm not sure, I never have anything running in the back round and my Xbox is always in power save. I noticed this mostly at the Kart tracks but I did notice it elsewhere too. The whole game seems to slow into and out of corners

Mine isn't nearly as bad as that youtube clip but it happens. Every kart track it was really obvious.

ManOfNantucket
20-06-2015, 17:13

You do see the the 2 posts just above my previous post? And the many others all over the forum? It sounds pretty widespread. I have been running power save mode for quite some time, so I run clean at each startup.

Ian Bell
20-06-2015, 17:38
You do see the the 2 posts just above my previous post? And the many others all over the forum? It sounds pretty widespread. I have been running power save mode for quite some time, so I run clean at each startup.

Yes I've got glasses and can see.

The issue is clear. We are one of the first games ever shipped using the new core that Microsoft opened up to developers. The core we're using is also shared with the Microsoft operating system. That and that alone is causing the variant behaviour seen among users as your kit can be doing things you might not be aware of.

Now you've gotten a detailed answer, try not to open your next question with continued smartarsedness.

Raven403
20-06-2015, 17:58

The issue is clear. We are one of the first games ever shipped using the new core that Microsoft opened up to developers. The core we're using is also shared with the Microsoft operating system. That and that alone is causing the variant behaviour seen among users as your kit can be doing things you might not be aware of.

Now you've gotten a detailed answer, try not to open your next question with continued smartarsedness.

Interesting. Cool. It's not game breaking I'm still having a blast.

Trumpet
20-06-2015, 19:33
Been playing a bit today and I've encountered the sound bug for the first time since launch the engine noise seems to get stuck for a second ,also I have noticed small frame rate drops but no where near as bad as it was beforehand so that's an improvement.
The game is definitely the best racing game ive played though ,even with all the bugs etc and with the improvements it's just going to get even better

Roger Prynne
20-06-2015, 19:37
^^^ What's your platform as it doesn't say in your profile.

Plato99
20-06-2015, 19:38
Been playing a bit today and I've encountered the sound bug for the first time since launch the engine noise seems to get stuck for a second ,also I have noticed small frame rate drops but no where near as bad as it was beforehand so that's an improvement.
The game is definitely the best racing game ive played though ,even with all the bugs etc and with the improvements it's just going to get even better

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the "echoey tunnelly" sound issue seems to occur when alongside another car. It always happens for me when diving under another car at Goddards corner on Donington GP.

Brent G
20-06-2015, 21:32
Is that occurring in a single race or one of the two race sessions in career mode ? If it's race 2 then it's to do with your second fastest qualifying lap ! If you don't set a second one then your a t the back of the grid ! Done this myself !

No its happening in race weekends. Now have a work around thanks to another forum user getting the same problem. Just gotta save replay not view it. Cheers tho m8.

Brent G
20-06-2015, 21:35
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the "echoey tunnelly" sound issue seems to occur when alongside another car. It always happens for me when diving under another car at Goddards corner on Donington GP.

Yeah thats when I tend to get dodgy sound, when im with another car. It happens at pretty much any circuit.

nissan4ever
20-06-2015, 22:25
I use instant on with my console. I will occasionally hard start it to clear the cache. When ever I'm done using any app, including TV. I always quit the app. I've been doing that for quite awhile.

Especially if Project CARS is taking advantage of the newly available Core in the SDK, you don't need any apps running in the background at all. If you do leave apps running in the background, it will use some processing power of the console. Which means Project CARS will not have all of the processing power while you're gaming.

I've never experienced any of the extreme stuttering or slow/fast fps that some people experience & have put on YouTube. All I experienced was slight screen tearing/fps drops (do to heavy tracks that their art people have further optimized & will be in patch 1.5) & fps drops (do to very large car grid and extreme weather. Although it's smooth & constant, fps is running definitely to low. Definitely more so at launch than now. This is being further optimized & will get better).

In regards to that sound issue (sound like the female terminator in Terminator 3 when she accesses Internet), FM5 did the same thing & they never fixed that either. My FM5 did it still up to the last time I played it before Project CARS came out.

B FIFE22
21-06-2015, 05:08
I never have any apps running in the background when playing except for maybe the party app (although all of my friends who bought this game with me are waiting for the game to be stable before they play it again, so I haven't been using the party app when playing PCars for the last month or so).

I'll try the power saving mode and see if that helps

mkstatto
21-06-2015, 11:07

This is mainly where I have the issue in overtaking cars. The other place it does it is in the tunnel at Monaco. It must be some kind of sound layering problem with multiple sounds and echoing. It clearly isn't a local issue.

Trumpet
21-06-2015, 12:27
Been playing a bit more today, experienced the sound issue again the engineer sounded like a robot very distorted, also and this was very strange I was in a career race formula gulf at dubai the second race I was in pole but as I pulled away towards the first corner it was as though I was being over taken I went from first to last on the position counter even though I was clearly still in front I had to restart the race as after three laps it was clear it wasnt going to reset itself, even on the map it showed the red dot at the back of the pack.
I have now hard reset my console hope this rectifies the problem.
Its weird as I havent had any issues till yesterday but I had the patch since it came out and played with no major issues.
Still enjoying the racing though

ManOfNantucket
21-06-2015, 14:16

Now that I have my detailed answer I now know how to get an acceptable performance and enjoy Project Cars. Essentially one cannot do anything other than run PCars for an acceptable performance, no opening friends list, messages, or virtually anything else. Doing that I am enjoying great performance again. However I sympathize for those who do not frequent this forum and will have to put up with constant slowdowns simply because they checked their friends list.

Now I will return to playing and not bothering you with my "smartarsedness" questions.

Phishfinger
21-06-2015, 22:13
I'm really gutted, I just got to Le Mans in career mode and started qualifying. I was in season 7 but my save is now corrupt and the game has reset to factory. :(

Raven403
22-06-2015, 03:08
I'm really gutted, I just got to Le Mans in career mode and started qualifying. I was in season 7 but my save is now corrupt and the game has reset to factory. :(

Yup my whole game got corrupted when I tried to save a replay. I've deleted all the replays but lost everything. And I don't want to start over AGAIN. Had a ton of issues tonight, pit stops are still broken, lost ffb and had to do an hour and a half race with no ffb, pit crew put 100L of fuel in when I pit for no reason. Then it corrupted my whole save and deleted everything. Really not having fun. Not gonna do career now, and multiplayer is still pretty much a headache to make work, so I guess I'll just do one off races til everything's fixed whenever that is

stux
22-06-2015, 03:13

It happens to me on time trials... but that's often with a ghost... often in very close quarters ;)

Phishfinger
22-06-2015, 15:45
Yup my whole game got corrupted when I tried to save a replay. I've deleted all the replays but lost everything. And I don't want to start over AGAIN. Had a ton of issues tonight, pit stops are still broken, lost ffb and had to do an hour and a half race with no ffb, pit crew put 100L of fuel in when I pit for no reason. Then it corrupted my whole save and deleted everything. Really not having fun. Not gonna do career now, and multiplayer is still pretty much a headache to make work, so I guess I'll just do one off races til everything's fixed whenever that is

Yeah it's reset everything, I can't even tune a car as it wont save and it resets every time I load the game. I was also saving a replay when it happened. It's such a let down after being so patient with all the other bugs, now my driver profile is gone too along with my online stats and the rest of it. I had about 100 hours or more logged, all for nothing.

Raven403
22-06-2015, 15:47
Yeah it's reset everything, I can't even tune a car as it wont save and it resets every time I load the game. I was also saving a replay when it happened. It's such a let down after being so patient with all the other bugs, now my driver profile is gone too along with my online stats and the rest of it. I had about 100 hours or more logged, all for nothing.

Sorry to hear that dude, I can relate. It's gutting

Plato99
22-06-2015, 16:10
It happens to me on time trials... but that's often with a ghost... often in very close quarters ;)

UPDATE: - Sound "tunnelling" improves somewhat if you turn down the "Sound FX" slider to LOW.
Not sure what this does apart from remove the "ping" in the menus, as I can still hear the tyres screeching, AI approaching / passing (dammit) and marbles hitting the floorpan. However the "echoey" thing seems to have improved.

OverHaased
22-06-2015, 16:24
P.Cars freezes more then any game I have ever heard of. The whole game is one giant work around. Here is the thing though. When it works,...It is so damn delicious. Far and away the best XBone experience I have ever had by a factor of 500.

It is easy to get on here and vent and throw internet tantrums but what exactly are you resolving with that behavior? The Devs and the PCars teams know what is happening. They will continue to put out firs so to speak and with every patch the game gets closer and closer to their shared vision.

It is so far from perfect that using the word perfect only puts fuel on the fire.

Even if it never gets better then right now, I will still play it. Even in this flawed state it is head and shoulders above everything else out there.

jsykes
22-06-2015, 18:24
The game is actually quite a mess right now and i think you see so many bitching just for the reasons you state, its GREAT when it works. So people are passionate about getting things fixed and making sure the devs know about it. I wish they understood that as they seem hostile more times than not when people bring up issues with the game or vent about it.

Its the most frustrating thing right now, cause I want to play it, I want it to work properly and I get so upset when it doesnt. It just wasnt quite ready for prime time, but hopefully it will all come together soon.

TheBostonbean
22-06-2015, 19:44
After the patch on some tracks during practice or qualifying my car wants to automatically steer itself into pits during first lap. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Schnizz58
22-06-2015, 19:46
After the patch on some tracks during practice or qualifying my car wants to automatically steer itself into pits during first lap. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I think I saw where the solution for this is to turn off steering assists.

tux1234
22-06-2015, 23:04
Really frustrated without the patches the game for me personally had very few issues, now since the 1.4 ive got random slowdowns/lags, A.I seem to be suicidal with their contact, the track surface is too reflective and im really not enjoying it.

Sniper919
23-06-2015, 06:15
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the game seems to get hung up when navigating the menus. Has this already been reported? Sorry if it has.

Perkele
23-06-2015, 09:31
Yesterday game was working fine, when started today It's so laggy that can't get past intro video/main menu. Same happening to friend living in other country if that is relevant. Hard reset and other tricks did not help.

Im Sorry
23-06-2015, 11:21
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the game seems to get hung up when navigating the menus. Has this already been reported? Sorry if it has.

Moving game to an external drive takes all lag away from menu navigation!

Fractured Life
23-06-2015, 12:11
With Regards to this game running more cores or something (I'm not going to pretend to understand, but I saw a post stating this is the first game to run on all the available cores or whatever), if I am say running some TT and save via game DVR and edit the video in upload and then upload it etc, when I go back to Project Cars it can find online lobbies to race but always fails to join the session. Hard Reset corrects so I'm guessing Upload is still eating memory or something. Frustrating but at least it ain't a permanent thing and I can work around it.

iTz RustyHD
23-06-2015, 12:26
i am still getting major framerate/stutter issues online and still having issue with my car randomly going from a high gear then straight into 1st

tux1234
23-06-2015, 12:26
Ive noticed that now with the single seater's that although the cars have no brake lights when you or the AI brake there is the reflection of a brake light on the track.....

Sorry for the orientation of the photo, i cant get it to rotate :(

Bealdor
23-06-2015, 12:27
Ive noticed that now with the single seater's that although the cars have no brake lights when you or the AI brake there is the reflection of a brake light on the track.....

That's a known issue with all Formula cars.

nissan4ever
23-06-2015, 12:33

It's know issue & has been stated that it has been fixed & will be in next patch :)

TheBostonbean
23-06-2015, 12:47
I think I saw where the solution for this is to turn off steering assists.

That appears to work. Thank you.

tux1234
23-06-2015, 12:57
It's know issue & has been stated that it has been fixed & will be in next patch :)

Ahh okay thanks, i did have a search to see if it was already known but there are so many threads now that its not always easy to see!

Sniper919
23-06-2015, 17:49
Moving game to an external drive takes all lag away from menu navigation!

My hard drive is only filled up 50%. I did a hard reset of my xbox and it seemed to cure the issue.

Coldy86
26-06-2015, 09:42
Feels like the post 1.4 issues are getting worse for me :mad:

little fella
27-06-2015, 12:52
just a daft one here not sure whether it has already been mentioned so apologies if repeating it.
In a career game when I have finished the race there is a small loading sequence then it goes to a screen which allows you to select continue at the top of a list. This is what most will want to do and take you to next race in the career. However sometimes it is very random on which is selected and can be exit game (not continue) or restart race or some others. If you press the "A" button a bit too quick you can be restarting the same race again instead of continuing.
I know its not a major thing but thought I would mention it. Anyone else noticed this random selecting of options?

Schnizz58
27-06-2015, 14:27
I've seen that too little_fella and I'm pretty sure I've seen it reported. But as you say, it's relatively minor. Also when you return to your career dashboard, the Abandon Career option is the one highlighted so you have to be careful there too. However I believe you have to confirm your selection so you can still back out of it if you hit the A button by mistake.

Aussie Villain
27-06-2015, 18:38
I'm having an issue with setups resetting when I enter the pits during a session in Career Mode. My set-ups are carrying over from one session to the next since the last patch, but are reverting to a setup for another track when I enter the pits. I saved my set-up for the car to all tracks in 'My Garage' and it is this setup which gets applied after entering the pits. I need to exit out of the race weekend between sessions otherwise the wrong set-up will carry over to the next session. Additionally, if I'm not paying full attention I have accidentally overwritten the correct set-up by exiting the set-up screen pressing 'A' and not 'B'. Given I can spend hours getting the set-up just right this is extremely frustrating!
Please, please fix this!