PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Retrospective - Road America - Bentley Speed 8

choupolo
17-06-2015, 14:47
With a few days left on this particular challenge, and a prize up for grabs, I wanted to share tips here.

I've found this one quite fun. I haven't found any major cuts and there are top ghosts with legit laps. This makes a nice change!

I started off with a 2:57 with a best on stock setup of 2:55.5. I'm on a gamepad on PS4.

I'm currently on 2:54.1 after a few setup tweaks, which puts me around the top 50.

The default setup is nicely balanced for my driving style, but reducing downforce helped with top speed (I get to 189mph at the top of 6th gear). I still need a some downforce (Front 5, Rear 3) to maintain some speed through the long corners though. I'm not there with the setup yet as it takes me so long to first understand what changes I need to make, make them and then test them! :rolleyes:

The top times are around 2:48 mark, and there's a youtube video of a 2:51. From what I can tell, I'm having to brake several metres earlier than them, and I can't get my gears quite right (similar top end but using different gears at different speeds to the guy on youtube). I've also noticed on the PC leaderboards that many of the top times were using ABS and TC. Locking my brakes is a big issue, and I have brake bias setup to the d-pad so I can make changes on the fly.

Once I'm happy with my setup I'll try to post it. Good luck all. ;)

arveena
17-06-2015, 16:05
With a few days left on this particular challenge, and a prize up for grabs, I wanted to share tips here.

I've found this one quite fun. I haven't found any major cuts and there are top ghosts with legit laps. This makes a nice change!

I started off with a 2:57 with a best on stock setup of 2:55.5. I'm on a gamepad on PS4.

I'm currently on 2:54.0 after a few setup tweaks, which puts me mid top 100.

The default setup is nicely balanced for my driving style, but reducing downforce helped with top speed (I get to 189mph at the top of 6th gear). I still need a some downforce (Front 5, Rear 3) to maintain some speed through the long corners though. I'm not there with the setup yet as it takes me so long to first understand what changes I need to make, make them and then test them! :rolleyes:

The top times are around 2:47 mark, and there's a youtube video of a 2:51. From what I can tell, I'm having to brake several metres earlier than them, and I can't get my gears quite right (similar top end but using different gears at different speeds to the guy on youtube). I've also noticed on the PC leaderboards that many of the top times were using ABS and TC. Locking my brakes is a big issue, and I have brake bias setup to the d-pad so I can make changes on the fly.

Once I'm happy with my setup I'll try to post it. Good luck all. ;)

I guess the Youtube video was mine? That was acutally the first clean lap only thing i changed was radiator closed and lower downforce with the LSD to 70% and without traction control but I am on a wheel though. Maybe i will do a few more laps and post my setup than if someone is interessted. ABS helps a lot in these cars in default setup. But in most times you can go as fast without as you can with abs but its more setup work then. For the stock setups i go with abs mostly when i customize it I go with abs off most of the time. TC was off. I find it faster in those cars

choupolo
17-06-2015, 18:06
I guess the Youtube video was mine? That was acutally the first clean lap only thing i changed was radiator closed and lower downforce with the LSD to 70% and without traction control but I am on a wheel though. Maybe i will do a few more laps and post my setup than if someone is interessted. ABS helps a lot in these cars in default setup. But in most times you can go as fast without as you can with abs but its more setup work then. For the stock setups i go with abs mostly when i customize it I go with abs off most of the time. TC was off. I find it faster in those cars

Indeed it was your video - it's a great lap and very helpful!

I struggle with the LSD high, so I prefer to have it low so that I can nail the throttle earlier. But there is probably some time there.

Thanks for the tips. Definitely interested in your setup, but that's up to your discretion! Of course the more tips we get from faster guys like you the better!

FA RACING 01
18-06-2015, 07:24
Agreed with OP. Can't see anyone cutting on this track so I'm having a blast on this one. Currently at 1:52.xxx and #36 on LB. Just lowered tyre pressure slightly, tweaked LSD, closed radiator too, lowered ride height a fraction and downforce to 3 and 2. Still some tweaking to do and aiming for 1:50xxx. Can't see me reaching 1:48's though.

arveena
18-06-2015, 16:36
Will upload a video of a 1:48:8 later maybe with setup. At least the Main screen. Maybe I will keep my LSD for me but it highly depends on what you are running. TC on or off. This should be enough of a hint^^

fiesling
18-06-2015, 16:50
its funny how the setups are different from user to user :)

tcs abs activated or not makes not the big difference for me but for now i have both on
downforces on 9 9
differential 10% 60% 40NM 0.1 50%
lowered height and made everything stiffer
and well adjusted gears so i dont have to switch too much from 3 to 4th gear

tried lots of different combinations and changed back to the older setup when i improved to see if it is just the setup change or my "skill" and actually it seems to be more a skill question..my guess you have to take the last corner like a god and then do the rest of the next lap godlike too :P

... 2nd and last corner ... i hate them ! :O

FA RACING 01
18-06-2015, 16:51
I done plenty of laps both with and without TC. Doing better with no TC, save for first 2 corners where I loose all that I gain on the rest of the track for running no TC. Rear gets bit slippy with no TC on exit of those 2 corners. Guess its diff accell that needs tweaking, but so far my tweaking results I will rather not repeat in public. LOL.

Would love to see your setup too if you decide to post.

arveena
19-06-2015, 00:09
I done plenty of laps both with and without TC. Doing better with no TC, save for first 2 corners where I loose all that I gain on the rest of the track for running no TC. Rear gets bit slippy with no TC on exit of those 2 corners. Guess its diff accell that needs tweaking, but so far my tweaking results I will rather not repeat in public. LOL.

Would love to see your setup too if you decide to post.
There will be full instuction Video on how to tackle the track with setup tips etc up in a few hours time. Maybe it will take a day as my upload sucks but you will get it

FA RACING 01
19-06-2015, 05:43
There will be full instuction Video on how to tackle the track with setup tips etc up in a few hours time. Maybe it will take a day as my upload sucks but you will get it

Thanks for the trouble to post it mate - looking forward to that.

choupolo
19-06-2015, 09:27
its funny how the setups are different from user to user :)

tried lots of different combinations and changed back to the older setup when i improved to see if it is just the setup change or my "skill" and actually it seems to be more a skill question..my guess you have to take the last corner like a god and then do the rest of the next lap godlike too :P

... 2nd and last corner ... i hate them ! :O

I definitely know what you mean about it being a skill issue. I often give up on a setup and reset everything to find it's much better than what I had and then go faster! :rolleyes:

My least favourite corner is the one that turns left over a crest under the Corvette sign. For the 2nd and last corners I try to brake hard to slow down more than I feel is necessary, so that I can get a nice late apex on full throttle for the straight.

I've managed a 1:53.7 (#45) - that's my best for now. Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZsLJVS_O8

I went back to stock settings, turned on ABS and TC (10%), increased diff accel to 70%, brake duct and radiator 0%, downforce 4 and 3, front sway softer 2 clicks. Left everything else as stock including gears and suspension.

For me the trick is to keep it stable on corner entry, get to the apex and get on the throttle as early as possible especially before the long straights.

I think I've got the braking sorted now with ABS, I can brake later. Problem is it's hard not to lose grip as soon as I flick the analog stick into the corner and that screws up the rest.

I want to compare videos with arveena and see where I'm losing time (everywhere probably!) but I think it is mainly carrying speed through the long corners. This was the case with the last challenge I did at Silverstone - just can't carry the same speed with the same turning arc. Go in that bit faster and I either understeer wide on exit or lose the back on turn in depending on whether I trail the brakes or not, or have softened the front too much.

Looking forward to the video arveena. Thanks.

EDIT: Just been comparing my 1:53 and arveena's 1:51 videos side by side, pausing to sync as I go along. Arveena's skill during the lap is firstly much better than mine obviously. One interesting thing to note however is that my maximum steering angle with the pad is locked to about 80 degrees, whereas arveena often needs to turn about 100 degrees for that last nudge to the apex and then gets on the power slightly earlier. It adds a few tenths per corner and overall 2.7 seconds over the lap. I think braking and corner entry speeds are about the same.

I'm sure there's a controller setting to help with the steering angle thing, am I right? I think it would help with my understeer (literally!). ;)

David Semperger
19-06-2015, 10:42
I'm sure there's a controller setting to help with the steering angle thing, am I right? I think it would help with my understeer (literally!). ;)

You can decrease the steering ratio in the setup, which will result in the tires turning more at a given wheel angle. Keep in mind though that turning the tires more can actually result in more understeer if the tires can't handle the load.

You can also play with the steering sensitivity in the control options, but I'm not a 100% sure how that affects the steering, especially with a gamepad. I think it changes the linearity, which may not be what you want.

FA RACING 01
19-06-2015, 11:03
I still sometimes struggle with the 2nd corner on RA, but I recently managed to keep up with the faster ghosts there if I brake on the "little dark spot" on the track, gear down from 5th to 2nd and then delay my turn in slightly which gives me a better corner exit.

Will be interesting to see where the faster guys breaks and how they approach the corner. Breaking later on that corner is a no go for me.

choupolo
19-06-2015, 11:17
You can decrease the steering ratio in the setup, which will result in the tires turning more at a given wheel angle. Keep in mind though that turning the tires more can actually result in more understeer if the tires can't handle the load.

You can also play with the steering sensitivity in the control options, but I'm not a 100% sure how that affects the steering, especially with a gamepad. I think it changes the linearity, which may not be what you want.

I hear what you're saying. It's often about the lowest steering angle you can get away with by using all the track available (!) and straightening the line through the corner, so in a way that lock limit often helps through faster corners. In this case I really feel like I have those few extra degrees of steering lock available before it would understeer due to loss of grip.

I'll try playing with the steering ratio, but what I really want is to keep the sensitivity the same on turn in with just that little bit of extra lock near the apex. If I find something in the controller settings I'll let you know. ;)

I tried changing the steering sensitivity in controller options once before but it had the most effect on how fast the car would steer on turn in whereas I struggle mid corner. Ideally I'd like less sensitivity but more lock. Difficult with a thumbstick!

I still sometimes struggle with the 2nd corner on RA, but I recently managed to keep up with the faster ghosts there if I brake on the "little dark spot" on the track, gear down from 5th to 2nd and then delay my turn in slightly which gives me a better corner exit.

Will be interesting to see where the faster guys breaks and how they approach the corner. Breaking later on that corner is a no go for me.

I use the little dark spot too! Corner exit is definitely key for turn 2, even if it means losing time through the corner itself.

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 11:53
Its feels quite lonely as no aids user in this event.

Im really strugling with brakes atm, locks up so damn easily and cant really move bias towards rear, im allready locking the rear at hard brakings even with 60:40. But cant really move it more forwards either as then i would lock the fronts. Anyway i think my best combined sectors would give like 1.47.2, but i always manage to mess it up at at some point, usually at last sector :)

choupolo
19-06-2015, 12:00
Its seems to be quite lonely for us no aids users in this event.

Im really strugling with brakes atm, locks up so damn easily and cant really move bias towards rear, im allready locking the rear at hard brakings even with 60:40. But cant really move it more forwards either as then i would lock the fronts. Anyway i think my best combined sectors would give like 1.47.2, but i always manage to mess it up at at some point :)

I reached a nice sweet spot with my brake bias at one point, but the goal posts are constantly moving depending on setup, temperatures, corner type etc. I have a new found respect for professional drivers (and the pCARS devs for building in this level of detail!)

David Semperger
19-06-2015, 12:07
I'll try playing with the steering ratio, but what I really want is to keep the sensitivity the same on turn in with just that little bit of extra lock near the apex. If I find something in the controller settings I'll let you know. ;)

Speed sensitivity should help you there I think. It makes the steering more sensitive at low speeds and less so at high speeds. I could never deal with the inconsistency, so I don't use it even with a gamepad, but maybe it's something that you'll like.

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 16:09
Did some more laps earlier and best was 1.47.409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Qj5zN2dSY

Had to use low ride height,soft rear springs and rather high aero to make it somehow confortable on brakings/corners = absolutely dreathful topspeeed as car bottoms out a lot. I tried with stiffer car with higher RH & lower aero & while had like 10-12km/h better topspeed, it was so damn nervous that simple couldnt put lap together. Im sure if one finds good stable setup with low aero, somewhere around high 1.46 should be easily doable.

N0body Of The Goat
19-06-2015, 16:21
Nice lap, Joni, at least two wheels always inside track defining white lines and no assists active. :)

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 16:30
Well not my best laps really. But have to say its not really the easiest car to push without aids. When the turbos get spooled up & power kicks in, if you have slightly too much steering angle it tries to kill you.

David Semperger
19-06-2015, 16:32
I hope you don't mind me asking Joni, but I you mentioning lower FPS while recording and I was wondering, don't you use ShadowPlay to record your laps? I let it run in the background constantly, always recording and the performance impact is barely noticeable, around 2-3%.

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 16:41
Edited it out, but ye i use fraps for recording & my fps get like 30-40% lower when recording live gameplay. I tried shadowplay when it came out, but atleast back then quality was rather poor.

David Semperger
19-06-2015, 16:51
It's still somewhat worse than Fraps, but on YouTube I doubt you'll see the difference.

NemethR
19-06-2015, 16:53
Did some more laps earlier and best was 1.47.409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Qj5zN2dSY

Had to use low ride height,soft rear springs and rather high aero to make it somehow confortable on brakings/corners = absolutely dreathful topspeeed as car bottoms out a lot. I tried with stiffer car with higher RH & lower aero & while had like 10-12km/h better topspeed, it was so damn nervous that simple couldnt put lap together. Im sure if one finds good stable setup with low aero, somewhere around high 1.46 should be easily doable.

Amazing drive. Congrats really, this is stunning!

I was wondering how can you brake that late without locking the wheeels?

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 17:01
Amazing drive. Congrats really, this is stunning!

I was wondering how can you brake that late without locking the wheeels?

Mostly its about finding the best balance on pressure,bias & brake duct (without abs you cant use 0% duct). But as said i did used quite high aero wich also helps a lot on braking stability, also timing the downshifts proberly makes some difference.

I havent ever used abs on racing games so learned how to "feather" the pedal. But dont get me wrong, i did have loads of lock ups with this car when finding the limits. Maybe at some point should do complication video that includes part of the laps that didnt go so well :)

Joni Varis
19-06-2015, 17:18
It's still somewhat worse than Fraps, but on YouTube I doubt you'll see the difference.

Will give it another try at some point. I did also try MSI afterburner recording, but it had really low quality.

David Semperger
19-06-2015, 18:50
So I just watched your lap Joni in its entirety. First of all, good job! Second, damn, I really need to change my braking technique. The roughly two seconds I lose compared to you is almost entirely down to how I brake. I already noticed this in the FA event at Catalunya, but here the difference is even more obvious.

fiesling
19-06-2015, 22:22
nice lap

i worry i cant do that with my crappy gamepad .DD or maybe hmhm i have to setup more my input settings then the car setup Oo

btw what does this "potencial time" exactly mean? is this the sum of the best sector times driven till now ?!

greetings,

gg

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 04:01
The pontential time is really rather useless as it only works proberly if you use same setup all the time. If you fiddle with different setups that has variable topspeeds etc it usually gives some strange results. Like in my case my personal best sectors would give more like 1.47.1, not 46.7 as the pontential claims.

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 07:23
So I just watched your lap Joni in its entirety. First of all, good job! Second, damn, I really need to change my braking technique. The roughly two seconds I lose compared to you is almost entirely down to how I brake. I already noticed this in the FA event at Catalunya, but here the difference is even more obvious. If it just would be that simple to just change the driving style whenever you want :) Braking is one thing that will be really hard to change when used same "technique" for years and it comes from spine allready. If you example use ABS you need to brake very differently than you do without it, also setups used with ABS are likely to be very different as you can use much higher pressure and bias basicly whatever you like as you dont have to take care of the locking. I also use brake & throtthle to manipulate the handling, example if you start to get understeer on some long corner, then slightly lift the throtthle & blip the brake at right moment you can deliberately create some oversteer to get car pointed in to corner.

David Semperger
20-06-2015, 09:57
Braking is one thing that will be really hard to change when used same "technique" for years and it comes from spine allready.

Yeah, tell me about it. The main issue is that I tend to do most of my braking in a straight line, but in some corners, like the first one here at Road America that loses me quite a lot of time. It's partly a car/setup issue for me, because for example with the Formula C I'm much more comfortable with trail braking, even without any assists. I really feel that doing some braking exercises is the next logical step for me if I want to improve my driving and this car and track combo seems to be a good place to start. If I don't do this I'm afraid I'll never be able to bridge the huge gap that's between me and the top, because I feel the way I drive now I already pretty much reached the limits of the car. No matter what I tried with the setup I could never brake any later than I do now (which is very clearly what holds me back) and my best lap was always within 1 or 2 tenths of the my current best of 1:49.3. It's time I start changing my driving. Sure, it will be a slow process, but necessary. Thankfully you and others provide the incentive and a way to measure my improvement.

If you example use ABS you need to brake very differently than you do without it, also setups used with ABS are likely to be very different as you can use much higher pressure and bias basicly whatever you like as you dont have to take care of the locking.

Yeah, I always use maxed pressure with ABS, since it will manipulate the braking input to be optimal anyway (and does so better than it should ATM, a quirk of the high tick rate of our physics system). I'm not sure that you can use any bias though. I mean if you go too far towards either the front or the back, wouldn't that increase your braking distances even with ABS, due to it cutting your brakes to prevent locking either at the front or the rear? I guess what I'm asking is that can our ABS apply different braking pressure at individual wheels? Or does this depend on the car, even if we use the global ABS settings? I know there are systems that do this, I'm just not sure if ours work this way.

I also use brake & throtthle to manipulate the handling, example if you start to get understeer on some long corner, then slightly lift the throtthle & blip the brake at right moment you can deliberately create some oversteer to get car pointed in to corner.

This is the part that's easier said than done. With most cars I have real trouble finding the limit of grip when using this technique. Often the rear brakes out, losing me tons of time, more than I lose with my current way of driving. It's at least partly a setup issue I think, I'll need to change my diff and brakes probably, maybe soften my rear springs. In any case, at least I know what do I have to do now if I want to improve, so at least the goal is clear.

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 10:40
Would really suggest driving /practicing without driving aids for everyone. Even if you are bit slower, it will learn you a lot of car control. Which in long run will be far more benefitting than posting fast times but at same time lettings ABS,TC SC hide the mistakes on your inputs. Pad users obviously is different story and probably need atleast abs and tc.

For these competitions i know its not happening as with most cars its probably faster to use aids, simply because you can use really unstable but fast setup if you have driving aids active to stabilize the car. Thats why it would be really great to have RSR type of system with separate ranks for no aids & aids enabled.

GMDLONDON
20-06-2015, 12:12
Would really suggest driving /practicing without driving aids for everyone. Even if you are bit slower, it will learn you a lot of car control. Which in long run will be far more benefitting than posting fast times but at same time lettings ABS,TC SC hide the mistakes on your inputs. Pad users obviously is different story and probably need atleast abs and tc.

For these competitions i know its not happening as with most cars its probably faster to use aids, simply because you can use really unstable but fast setup if you have driving aids active to stabilize the car. Thats why it would be really great to have RSR type of system with separate ranks for no aids & aids enabled.

Impressive lap specially that you all the way green.

David Semperger
20-06-2015, 12:31

I agree. It's amazing to what extent the assists hide the characteristics of the cars. Before these events I was driving almost always without assists, I switched them on for the competition because they are allowed and do help, especially the ABS, but I was surprised how much more simpler the cars feel with them. People who want to learn more about the cars or see how good our simulation is should definitely disable them.

I also agree about what you wrote about the ranking. Personally I think R3E does a really good job at this. They have 3 separate leaderboards for every event: Get Real, Amateur, Rookie. Get Real has strict track limit rules, IIRC no assists and allows custom setups. Amateur has more lenient track limits, real assists and no custom setups. Rookie is similar to Amateur, but also adds steering and braking assists. I feel that in such a system everyone can find what they are looking for. I've seen many people ask for events in pCARS, that doesn't allow custom setups for example. At times, when I just want to jump in and compete I'd appreciate such an option as well.

arveena
20-06-2015, 14:45
I agree. It's amazing to what extent the assists hide the characteristics of the cars. Before these events I was driving almost always without assists, I switched them on for the competition because they are allowed and do help, especially the ABS, but I was surprised how much more simpler the cars feel with them. People who want to learn more about the cars or see how good our simulation is should definitely disable them.

I also agree about what you wrote about the ranking. Personally I think R3E does a really good job at this. They have 3 separate leaderboards for every event: Get Real, Amateur, Rookie. Get Real has strict track limit rules, IIRC no assists and allows custom setups. Amateur has more lenient track limits, real assists and no custom setups. Rookie is similar to Amateur, but also adds steering and braking assists. I feel that in such a system everyone can find what they are looking for. I've seen many people ask for events in pCARS, that doesn't allow custom setups for example. At times, when I just want to jump in and compete I'd appreciate such an option as well.

Abs and TC dont effect my laptimes at all but my setup of course.
Here is a tutorial where I talk a bit about the setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2sqQg8vun0

teg
20-06-2015, 14:51
Hi,

I don't want to disturb the thread but I've got a question : I can't get my time to be recorded and I really don't know the reason... any clue?

I'm on PC...

Thanks in advance

Teg

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 16:24
Hi,

I don't want to disturb the thread but I've got a question : I can't get my time to be recorded and I really don't know the reason... any clue?

I'm on PC...

Thanks in advance

Teg

This might be silly, but are you doing the laps on actual event or example in free practice? Only time trial and event times will be posted to leaderboards, and for the actual event you need to enter the event itself ingame to get time recorded to it.

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 16:43

Nice vid, will surely help a lot of guys here. Well done!

Though i dont agree with you on all things said on it. Example you said ABS is needed to do consistant laps, which i dont really agree. Sure aids are making it easier, but not necessary. I can do back to back mid to high 47:s without any aids. Like earlier today before i did my fastest lap, i hit times like 47.4xx,47,6xx & 47,39x before i got the PB of 1.47.316

arveena
20-06-2015, 17:34
Nice vid, will surely help a lot of guys here. Well done!

Though i dont agree with you on all things said on it. Example you said ABS is needed to do consistant laps, which i dont really agree. Sure aids are making it easier, but not necessary. I can do back to back mid to high 47:s without any aids. Like earlier today before i did my fastest lap, i hit times like 47.4xx,47,6xx & 47,39x before i got the PB of 1.47.316

Keep in mind you are not really the group of people I want to reach with this video. But I agree on a toplevel it depends on a lot more things (setup for example is very importnat here, driving style,track etc pp) if you use aids or not.I did 1:48:0 without everything but my current setup is just to unstable and I am trying to fix that with Aids. What I wanted to say is that consistent laptimes ist the most important thing and if you are more consistent with aids use them. For the top guys it does not matter we all need not more than 3 laps to get used to all sort of aids and setup combinations but for the guys who are getting into hotlapping it might help with constant laptimes.

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 17:38
Point taken :)

arveena
20-06-2015, 17:50
Point taken :)

Thanks but no way I can do a 1:47:3 with no aids. I am just not used to soft springs. My driving style is always to agressive for it. Karting habbits i guess.
Amazing Laps. Does someone know what the prices are?

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 18:07
Well its not like my laps have been smooth as silk either. My yesterdays 47.4 lap vid is actually few pages back, there was several moments where was about to loose it, example doing small "controlled" drift thru whole carousel :)

Im quite sure the top times before the event ends will be high 46:s and that is not going to happen for me, if i would nail all the sectors together it would get me to like 47.1. Im just too stubborn (wont use aids no matter what) but can easily see those kind of times to be done with aids enabled with fitting setup.

FA RACING 01
20-06-2015, 18:16

Many thanks for the video Arveena. After whatching it I'm quite happy with my racing lines, but will need to work on my braking points. I'm more the "slow in fast out" type driver and know I loose some time there for tendency to break too early. Will have to work on my setup to get closer to your breaking points though.

When doing my setups, I do it with no assist in an attempt to get the basics right. Then when doing hotlapping I add ABS ans SC to add some help. Still some way to go on the setups, but learning fast.

Thanks again for your video. Much appreciated.

FA

teg
20-06-2015, 18:22
This might be silly, but are you doing the laps on actual event or example in free practice? Only time trial and event times will be posted to leaderboards, and for the actual event you need to enter the event itself ingame to get time recorded to it.

I'm joining from the event section... is there a number to achieve, or a maximal time (I'm runnning in about 2'09)?

Joni Varis
20-06-2015, 18:32
No there shouldnt be any time limit. 2.09 lap should place you around 1600 spot according web leaderboards

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=22

GMDLONDON
20-06-2015, 21:00
Thanks but no way I can do a 1:47:3 with no aids. I am just not used to soft springs. My driving style is always to agressive for it. Karting habbits i guess.
Amazing Laps. Does someone know what the prices are?

Yes , in the worse case lollipop Thrustmaster brand :p , good video many still need some aids but without is always faster and more difficult

911 C4S
20-06-2015, 23:55

Big thanks to @arveena for posting this! I know many racers don't like to post their "secrets" but it is very helpful for players like me who are somewhat new to sim racing and looking to improve overall.

It was a huge leap to go from a controller on forza to a wheel setup.
I've been using no assists up until now to learn how to drive correctly again and learning how the car is capable of performing and it's extremes. I agree that assists can be very helpful for focusing on learning the correct lines and maintaining consistency. Once achieved I will likely turn back off all assists and then tweak the setup in hopes of shaving off some more time.
I'm slowly approaching my goal of breaking 1:50 for this event and now belive it is possible.

Again, thanks for sharing and hoping to see more videos like this down the road.

fiesling
21-06-2015, 10:20
so bets are open .D who will win the trial ? :P im out of trying you guys just have too much skill for me :o

my vote goes for johnnyw84 ... show them that assists suck...... i hate myself for activating them just cause of the others ;p

greetings,

Joni Varis
21-06-2015, 11:31
Well i highly doubt my time remains at top spots, cant improve more that few tenths max if i get everything right (which is unlikely). Should be easy to tc,abs,sc users to overcome that. Also during week cant really to do much laps because of work, so if i even do more laps those should be done today. So doesnt really look that promising on my pov :)

But tbh im completely happy if i remain at top 5.

arveena
21-06-2015, 18:27
Well i highly doubt my time remains at top spots, cant improve more that few tenths max if i get everything right (which is unlikely). Should be easy to tc,abs,sc users to overcome that. Also during week cant really to do much laps because of work, so if i even do more laps those should be done today. So doesnt really look that promising on my pov :)

But tbh im completely happy if i remain at top 5.

I cant imagine that. Wihtout is faster I guess but it is soo hard to do a clean lap if you remove any wing. I removed some wings(with aids on)and got to a .307 I can find maybe 2 more tenth thats it. I doubt there will be a 1:46 at the end. If you remove wings on with the Aids TC is hurting you to much even if you put on 8%. All in all I got a lot of .5xx with all kinds of setups. I guess its the close to the end. Perfect lap for me would be a 1:43:0

Joni Varis
21-06-2015, 18:35
Without tc low aero hurts you even more, it just becomes totally unpredictable when you take aero off. I tried it at first, could get very good times for invidual sectors, but no way to get all lap done without any mistake.

I actually tried today abs,tc,sc active on FP out of interest. It was like different car to drive, could example easily use 2 clicks less rear aero without any stability issues which obviously made the car much more pointy and and higher topspeed, yet still braking was childs play. But as said earlier not going to use those at event. I know myself good enough that wouldnt feel good after using those. Im much rather p5, p10 or whatever without.

I guess my mindset just lacks the "killer instinct" to do whatever to go faster :)

arveena
21-06-2015, 18:59
Without tc low aero hurts you even more, it just becomes totally unpredictable when you take aero off. I tried it at first, could get very good times for invidual sectors, but no way to get all lap done without any mistake.

I actually tried today abs,tc,sc active on FP out of interest. It was like different car to drive, could easily use 2 clicks less rear aero without any stability issues and braking was childs play. But as said earlier not going to use those at event. I know myself good enough that wouldnt feel good after using those, im much rather p5, p10 or whatever without.

I guess my mindset just lacks the "killer instinct" to do whatever to go faster :)

Yeah but if you find a setup which would malke it predictable i guess low aero without AIDS would be the fastest. But I dont know if this is possible. I am currently trying to find one. I am destroying my PB in sector one but I cant keep it stable thorugh the long right hander. I loose so much time there. Not even funny. Also the flat out lefthander in the last sector is super hard.

Amphy
22-06-2015, 02:58
I didn't realize this topic existed here so I guess I'll use it now. I've been attempting this event since it started and I felt pretty good contending with Anto for the majority of it. I think I hit my limit though, as I can probably get a 1:47.4xx, but I can't actually string everything together for one good lap.

The only thing I'm wondering is if using a controller keeps me at a disadvantage. I'm not trying to use my peripheral device as an excuse for my performance, but I've come to the point where every setup I could possibly try just doesn't feel like it makes a difference. I've also used traction and stability, only to find out that they both really make me feel slower.

I think at the end of the day, I'm just not driving quick enough to keep up. The worst turn, by far, is turn 2. Literally the only way I can keep pace on that turn is by putting two wheels into the grass, so I'm really lost on how you guys manage to take it so quick.

Any closing tips, changes in setup, anything that I can use to try and put up a better time by the end of this event? I've never had the opportunity nor the funds to ever get a racing wheel at any point in time, and I felt like this was the best chance I had. Not that I can really tell if there will be prizes, simply cause I haven't seen a page about it from Project CARS themselves. But it would be nice if I could try and bump up my time just a liiiittle bit before the end.

Joni Varis
22-06-2015, 03:19
Its not really the driving aids itself that makes you straight away faster, its the fact that atleast with wheel you can use faster but unstable setup & then tame it with aids to go faster. With controller you probably need to use very different (much more stable)setup anyway, so likely cant take the full advantage of that "exploit".

stux
22-06-2015, 03:43
On the Xbox at least, the fastest times are from people with controllers...

Amphy
22-06-2015, 03:54
If I had an idea of what I was doing with tuning, I'd go for the unstable, quicker setup. The problem is that I don't :'D

Like, I'm waiting for someone to show their setup after the event times out, and I'll marvel over how bad mine is in comparison.

GMDLONDON
22-06-2015, 09:28
On the Xbox at least, the fastest times are from people with controllers...

hi, how does the times stands on xbox ? thanks

GMDLONDON
22-06-2015, 09:53
If I had an idea of what I was doing with tuning, I'd go for the unstable, quicker setup. The problem is that I don't :'D

Like, I'm waiting for someone to show their setup after the event times out, and I'll marvel over how bad mine is in comparison.

arveena did give most of the setup, but sometimes strange setup is the best setup, 1.47.6 is fast for pad , regards

arveena
22-06-2015, 11:21
arveena did give most of the setup, but sometimes strange setup is the best setup, 1.47.6 is fast for pad , regards
Yeah this my car for example bottoms out so heavy i need to turn the voloume down.
Also its a lot about driving style i know even softer springs would be faster but I just can not do it. It does not fit my driving style with short aggresive inputs. I am used to karting so I try to get my car behave like a kart with a lot of trailbtaking etc

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 12:40
hi, how does the times stands on xbox ? thanks

our fastest is a 1:48,3xx of BAM Commando

The problem is we CANT drive a low 47 ,its IMPOSSIBLE. On ps4 exastly the same thing. I asked many many Top1 driver and always the same answer: The PC must have another tyre model or another bug with the car ! You can change what you want,the result ends with red tyres after the half lap....
I saw the replays but i cant see the fantastic setup or driving skills. i see the green tyres almost the whole lap. and no its not a setup thing. It must be a bug or glitch with the car.

The fastest Paddriver on PC would destroy us on this track,aswell on ps4.

So pls SMS fix that.

Joni Varis
22-06-2015, 12:57
Or its because this is the first event where you cant cut :)

The overhating tyre is easy to explain, most pad users probably cant control the slip angle as precisely as wheel users. Tyres on this car overheats really easily if you scrub the tyres ( too much steering lock ) during corners. Game physics are identical on all platforms.

arveena
22-06-2015, 13:16
our fastest is a 1:48,3xx of BAM Commando

The problem is we CANT drive a low 47 ,its IMPOSSIBLE. On ps4 exastly the same thing. I asked many many Top1 driver and always the same answer: The PC must have another tyre model or another bug with the car ! You can change what you want,the result ends with red tyres after the half lap....
I saw the replays but i cant see the fantastic setup or driving skills. i see the green tyres almost the whole lap. and no its not a setup thing. It must be a bug or glitch with the car.

The fastest Paddriver on PC would destroy us on this track,aswell on ps4.

So pls SMS fix that.

That is not true the Physics are the same it was often stated by the Devs and I run in a league which has PC PS4 an Xbox leagues and they are all doing the same races and the same times. Its only because the guys who did not want to cut are actually putting some sort of effort in this timetrial. I also played the game on the PS4 it is just the same. I guess its because you cant cut here. Grab your own nose.
Also I have some friends who play mainly on the PS4 but also have the PC version. They also can do the same laptimes. It just stupid to suspect something like that when it was stated that the physics are the same

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 13:18
oh yeah were only fast with cuts. i had a 1:22,6xx . My M8s had a 1:22,1 or 2 and the fastest had a 1:21,7xx if ive been correct. Explain me pleeeeease why were so much faster as any platform on a track you CANT cut ,the same as RA ?

Another good question is why the fastest on PC is unbelievable 0.7 seconds faster as the fastest paddriver on consoles atm ????? A guy that droves on Brands the same "slow" times as me ??? Sry but if he was every time better then any guy on x1 espacially the top 10 ,i would say OK . In this case we have the fastest paddriver worldwide but they cant see that times,not nearly.

Were so comfortable with pads,it cant be a wheel/pad thing,aswell as a setup thing.

If youre thinking it is the Car or whatever ,come to the x1 or ps4 and drive the time. a high 47 would be enough to show us that were slower. But believe me it is impossible !

@ arveena

dann geh hin und fahr die zeit auf ps4. wie gesagt ,ne hohe 47er reicht mir,sollte ja locker drin sein bei einer 47,3. Zeig mir das und ich ziehe meinen Hut. Ehrlich ! Aber du wirst dir dabei die Finger brechen. Auf Brands konnte auch keiner cutten....

arveena
22-06-2015, 13:24
I did not put any effort in any TT at all after I saw what you did to the first rounds of the Championship. This is the first time I put effort in I guess it is the same for Jonny. So that maybe the reason why I never did any lap on any TT after seeing your cuts. I actually only did a lap because someone on the cutting thread was insulting me and said I need to show laps so I did on a TT where you cant cut. I am pretty sure we would be faster than you in a TT without cutting if we did laps there.

I dont have a wheel for my PS4 (poor g27 guy) and I cant drive with a pad as I am used to driving with a wheel from RL but as I said this discussion is stupid as the Devs have already stated that the Physics are the same on every plattform also again more than 200 people in 3 different leagus running the same times also speaks for itself

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 13:29
you dont have a wheel for your ps4 ? hmm

were talking about THIS event not of any leaques somewhere.

With this car it must be a problem with something,the physics,the tyres,the consoles itself with FPS disadvantage. Just believe me.

arveena
22-06-2015, 13:32
you dont have a wheel for your ps4 ? hmm

were talking about THIS event not of any leaques somewhere.

With this car it must be a problem with something,the physics,the tyres,the consoles itself with FPS disadvantage. Just believe me.

I am pretty sure a Dev or WMD member will look at this and ask your question. If not you can PM them they will answer that question. :rolleyes:
I am also playing at 30-45 FPS as my machine sucks not that it would matter

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 13:37
I hope we can test it today with a PC driver who can drive a 47.4. If we can proove that the only thing i would like to know: is it a Glitch or just the consoles vs PC or whatever. But i KNOW it is something like that.

David Semperger
22-06-2015, 14:40
If you tires are overheating increase tire pressure a little and try again. If you go above 1.55 bar at the front and about 1.6 at the rear and your tires still overheat then it's your driving that's the issue. In the carrousel your tires can easily overheat on the PC as well, starting with the 2nd lap, if you go as low as 1.4 bar with the pressure. With a gamepad it may also be a good idea to increase the steering ratio in the setup, which allow you to be more precise with the wheel. Playing with the controller settings could also help. In any case, it's highly unlikely that there are physics differences between the platforms. If there are it's due to bugs.

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 15:01
On consoles you cant drive a second lap with that car on that track. Impossible

arveena
22-06-2015, 15:10
On consoles you cant drive a second lap with that car on that track. Impossible

How much wing do you use? and pressures. You cant expect to be fast in this TT with so low pressures that your Tyres overheat. Same goes for wings you cant run max aero or low aero in general the Setup is not so radical than you might think. Also I dont see pad drivers doing a 1:47:3 here as it is hard as hell to keep the car stable with a fast setup.

Also is there somekind of bug when you set aids to real that the leaderboard always shows all aids on?

David Semperger
22-06-2015, 15:28
How much wing do you use? and pressures. You cant expect to be fast in this TT with so low pressures that your Tyres overheat. Same goes for wings you cant run max aero or low aero in general the Setup is not so radical than you might think. Also I dont see pad drivers doing a 1:47:3 here as it is hard as hell to keep the car stable with a fast setup.

In my experience aero (even max or min) doesn't affect whether your tires will overheat in this event, only which ones. The amount of heating is largely down to tire pressures and how much steering lock you use. Even then, you only have to be careful at the carrousel. If your tires can handle that part lap after lap then you're golden.

Also is there somekind of bug when you set aids to real that the leaderboard always shows all aids on?

Yes, it's a known issue with the web leaderboards, at least it has been reported a few times.

LockNloaD63
22-06-2015, 15:40
Hi drivers !

At this time I'm 8th on PC (LockNload) and tried so much setups to improve my 1:48:8...(3006kms drove with the bentley...!) I drop, don't know how do you do to get 1:47:...

I tried with your ghosts (BAM Anto, Arveena,...) I'm ahead during first corner but so far away from you after it...

Does the wheel (G27) setup would change anything ?

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 15:45
arveena,we tried really everything. i wouldnt say something if i had no idea what im talking about. BAM Commando is really really fast. BAM Anto, i think there on the same lvl as you can see in the TT before. take Brands as the perfect (no cuts) example. Why is commando so slow against anto ? i asked commando if a 47.5 is possible ,he said no way. I think youll get the 46.9xx or smth in the end . That is galaxies away from what were are techniquly could do.

the only way to proove that theory is to drive the same time on consoles.

Its really mysterious atm

Amphy
22-06-2015, 16:05
I'm running controller and I have no issues with tyres overheating at any point. That being said, I'm running a one lap setup, so if I go beyond the first lap, then I go into the red around the carousel on lap 2.

I don't know, it's been very easy for me to get times below 1:48, and I know I can clock in a 1:47.2 or 1:47.1. It's just about getting that perfect lap that I just cannot bring together.

I should also mention that the controller I use is a very poor quality build, the thumbsticks and triggers are stiff as bollocks. If you guys can't compare on the DS4 + Xbone controllers, I'm rather surprised.

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 16:10
and now its really paradox. easily a low 48 or high 47 ?

thats the point WHY i say we must have another tyremodel ! our tyres are ALWAYS red in the carousel, only the frontright is green ,the others are red till the lap is finished.....
it must be a issue,thats not normal.....

@ amphy

good to read this post. i hope we get Anto today to drive on x1 in the lobby,if he can i take my hat.... I think he will have problems to drive just the WR on x1 with the "slow" 48,3. The other way is that someone of you will post or give me (ill give it to him) or commando the setup . It must be the best setup ever build to push him a second faster..... or i give you our setup .

A wheel/pad difference yeah but not seconds. propably a tenth or two. at the limit

Amphy
22-06-2015, 16:16
Either or, even if the tyres get red at that point, if I were to put in a perfect lap, I don't think it would make 1:47.5 impossible. I fail to see the logic in having different physics per console, though.

Hell, maybe I should've played on the console versions. I really need that wheel. :P

David Semperger
22-06-2015, 16:22
and now its really paradox. easily a low 48 or high 47 ?

thats the point WHY i say we must have another tyremodel ! our tyres are ALWAYS red in the carousel, only the frontright is green ,the others are red till the lap is finished.....
it must be a issue,thats not normal.....

Could you post your setup?

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 16:35

final drive 3,00 ; 7,98 ; 6,23 ; 4,94 ; 4,09 ; 3,27 ; 2,72
Diff: 28/5 ; 60nm ; 5%
Weight balance: 54%
wheelratio: 12,9:1

Amphy
22-06-2015, 16:37
I'll edit this post with my setup later, and it'll be guaranteed to warrant a laugh because I don't know what I'm doing :'D Gotta throw everything together first.

http://imgur.com/a/L5PME Boom. Seems that if I go any softer with the springs, I bottom out pretty hardcore. Nothing else much to say rather than no changes really make a difference to me. The only thing I think cannot be seen is steering ratio, which is 12.9:1.

Siberian Tiger
22-06-2015, 16:40
final drive 3,00 ; 7,98 ; 6,23 ; 4,94 ; 4,09 ; 3,27 ; 2,72
Diff: 28/5 ; 60nm ; 5%
Weight balance: 54%
wheelratio: 12,9:1

You have an extreme Downforce Setting... Im sure that some of the faster Guys doesn't use that much Downforce ;)

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 16:44
its the only way to get nearly to the sector times in sector 2.

LOL amphy uses 10/10 as an example for to much DF

i swear amphy will be drivin the same times with our setup or faster ^^

Amphy
22-06-2015, 16:46
I pretty much looked at Anto's ghost during the first days of the event, and I was like "I'm slaying him on the straights, clearly I'm doing it wrong". I still don't know if I'm doing downforce right, but it feels better. LOL

Joni Varis
22-06-2015, 17:02
Seems that actually underestimated the times there will be in the end. Just did some more laps and got 1.46.9xx. On that lap even messed up last sector slightly and lost around .150 compared to sector pb.

Wouldnt be suprised to see around 46.5 before it ends. Wont be from myself tho as im now officially done with it. Need to go out soon & tomorrow dont have time to do any more laps ( work sucks sometimes ) Still completely happy to that 46.9 no matter where i end up.

Amphy
22-06-2015, 17:06
I saw, that sector 2 time is absolutely ridiculous. You've easily got me out of the running; it's pretty pointless for me to even run it again now.

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 17:08
i can only repeat it ,nobody can drives such times on a console ^^ neverever

Amphy
22-06-2015, 17:11
I diddly damn bet you they can I just don't have a console...

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 17:12
lol you was slower in any TT as me ^^ im not 2 seconds slower as you on that easy track....

ITS A BUG WITH THE CAR.....

you was 9th at x1 LOL

i speak for the whole top10 ,nobody can drive this sector times or such laps on x1 or ps4. You cant, arveena cant,jonny cant. ITS A BUG

Amphy
22-06-2015, 17:22
Whoa sir, no need to get PJSalt up in here. I haven't cared too much about the other time trials, as they don't have a prize involved. Sure, there's the Hall of Fame, but that doesn't really entice me as much as the Thrustmaster events. My lack of tuning knowledge in general really keeps me from wanting to get involved as well.

Publicenemy
22-06-2015, 17:28
yeah i can see that in your tune, if youre running this pressure on x1 or ps4 with that DF youll have red tires after turn 2 ^^ ROFL

for sure the TT will be Re-Run....

David Semperger
22-06-2015, 20:00
I think this is it for me as well. I would have liked to do a 1:47, but I'd need much more practice for that. Still, I'm pretty happy with my current time. I'd also like to say thanks to Arveena and Joni for posting their videos, they helped me point in the right direction (less in setup, more in driving).

choupolo
22-06-2015, 21:59
It's been fascinating reading all your posts. I was out at a 1.53 lol.

Until this event I might have been tempted to think it was impossible to achieve a top 10 time without cutting or using a wheel or some other excuse.

Thanks to some of the tips and videos on here I have hope that it is possible with what I've got in front of me! I know that I'm capable. Once I find the right car and pad setup (and improve my driving) I'll be back!

aTTaX boMbaY
23-06-2015, 07:03
It’s impossible to drive these pc records on the xbone.
Im pretty shure that Im not the slowest person and when I look on the 2nd sector pc times – IT’S IMPOSSIBLE-

Probably it’s a bug with that dlc car. I Mean on the xbone you don’t have ANY (in this case really – none) force feedback of the car, only from the track, environment.
Something got wrong ^^

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 11:40
unbelievable quietly here.....
very funny if i take a look at your leaderboard,after i posted our bad bad setup. everyone improved the laptimes. But sry i have to forget, you are know so familiar with the track ,you waited for the end....

but no youre all solid and clean drivers with the sportmanlike of real Pro´s. NOT

"No i do not cut, no no no no, but if i can use a car or techniques that are not allowed or not noticed (WITH better tyres) , ILL TAKE IT , cause im a fair sportsman"

Áfter the whole story a real sportsman will say to me "im sry you were right"

But you are all the same "cheaters" as you called it "Cutters" b4..... so funny

Umer Ahmad
23-06-2015, 11:49
^you are claiming someone cutting wisconsin track? Sorry I cannot understand your post.

stux
23-06-2015, 11:50
There was a thread a while back where someone had posted some proof that the XB1 version was slowing down when the framerate slows down, but the timer was not slowing down. This results in times which were slower than they should've been.

The proof was the same race being run with and without AIs, but the AI having no effect on times as they were out of contention. With no AI a different time was run, but as AI were added, the times got worse... with the exact same lap.

So, if the XBox is dropping frames, then it seems like its dropping time too. Not sure if this has been confirmed further, or fixed yet.

Meanwhile, thankyou for the setup. I'm not a great driver, but have had a great time racing with your setup. I've improved my 1:59 to a 1:55, and am quite happy with that, thanks for the best driving experience I've had in PCARS :)

(no aids)

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 12:01
Novice question: could someone explain how front camber should affect the handling of our car in a corner? My understanding is that on a perfectly flat surface more front camber should very slightly decrease the responsiveness of the car before a corner, because the contact patch of the tires will be smaller in a straight line. After the initial turn-in however it should result in increased front grip. I'm really not seeing this with the Speed 8 here at RA though. I'm trying various ways to increase front end grip, but I honestly feel that leaving the front camber at 0 works the best for me, which I find really odd.

arveena
23-06-2015, 12:06
unbelievable quietly here.....
very funny if i take a look at your leaderboard,after i posted our bad bad setup. everyone improved the laptimes. But sry i have to forget, you are know so familiar with the track ,you waited for the end....

but no youre all solid and clean drivers with the sportmanlike of real Pro´s. NOT

"No i do not cut, no no no no, but if i can use a car or techniques that are not allowed or not noticed (WITH better tyres) , ILL TAKE IT , cause im a fair sportsman"

Áfter the whole story a real sportsman will say to me "im sry you were right"

But you are all the same "cheaters" as you called it "Cutters" b4..... so funny

I can tell you one thing my setup has not a single number which is the same than yours not a single number. If will gieve you a hint Sector 2 times are only possible with TC and SC off so put aids to real or off and try again. With a proper setup. I did map my tc and sc to buttons. So i can use them depending on where I am on the track .It is funny how you insulting people just because they are faster. But I am used to it. The guys who were the fastest in the weekly TT in GT6 were also crying when GT Academy arrived and they were not the fastest anymore. I need to admit i tried your setup and its undriveable for me with aids off.

Also ist there still no information about prices?

To David. Also depeds a lot on the corner camber. I reduced chamber sincd my video but I am not at zero. In RA there are many corner s with negative chamber (dropping to the outyide like carusell) so too much chamber is bad here

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 12:16
If will gieve you a hint Sector 2 times are only possible with TC and SC off so put aids to real or off and try again.

Is that true even if you increase the TC slip in the setup? If so, it partly explains why I lose so much time in the carrousel. Maybe I'll try to improve my time today after all.

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 12:22
^you are claiming someone cutting wisconsin track? Sorry I cannot understand your post.

the problem is that the car have on consoles less grip as on PC. Thats a fact and thats the reason SMS have to restart the timetrial AFTER they fixed these issue.
The car ,i dont know why, is much slower on consoles. Nobody on PC could drive the same times on a Console.

It must be a issue with the car or whatever ,if you give that to the dev´s, they should check the tyres on PC and consoles. The "PC tyres" have longer and more grip as you can see ingame.

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 12:25
Nobody on PC could drive the same times on a Console.

Did you know someone who tried? I remember that BAM Anto did in the first event of the SMS-R championship and IIRC he managed to put in similar times on both the PC and XB1.

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 12:26
There was a thread a while back where someone had posted some proof that the XB1 version was slowing down when the framerate slows down, but the timer was not slowing down. This results in times which were slower than they should've been.

The proof was the same race being run with and without AIs, but the AI having no effect on times as they were out of contention. With no AI a different time was run, but as AI were added, the times got worse... with the exact same lap.

So, if the XBox is dropping frames, then it seems like its dropping time too. Not sure if this has been confirmed further, or fixed yet.

Meanwhile, thankyou for the setup. I'm not a great driver, but have had a great time racing with your setup. I've improved my 1:59 to a 1:55, and am quite happy with that, thanks for the best driving experience I've had in PCARS :)

thx m8

i heard something about the frames from a friend,this could be possible. If the cars or the tyres have the same physics,that must be the problem.

arveena
23-06-2015, 12:28
the problem is that the car have on consoles less grip as on PC. Thats a fact and thats the reason SMS have to restart the timetrial AFTER they fixed these issue.
The car ,i dont know why, is much slower on consoles. Nobody on PC could drive the same times on a Console.

It must be a issue with the car or whatever ,if you give that to the dev´s, they should check the tyres on PC and consoles. The "PC tyres" have longer and more grip as you can see ingame.

And it was stated a lot of times that that is not true. David i did not try increasing slip. Maybe that works to.

To the pc thing it is just not true the one time a pc guy switched to your console he instantly won and was even faster on console than on pc

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 12:31
Did you know someone who tried? I remember that BAM Anto did in the first event of the SMS-R championship and IIRC he managed to put in similar times on both the PC and XB1.

NOPE. its a big difference.

anto drives last TT´s with the 1.1 version. were now at 1.4 and many things changed.

For example take a look at the setup of amphy
This setup seems fast on PC. We have tested it and we have FOUR red tyres IN lap 1 b4 the carousel. Amphy drives with Pad aswell.

And this is the fact i have to ask for a real good explaining.

@ arveena

whats your problem ? YOU cant know if its a issue or not. the whole story with FACTS shows only "The PC must have another FPS or Tyres or Carphysic".

Siberian Tiger
23-06-2015, 12:34
There is no PC Tyre and Console Tyre... It's just the Seta Tire Modell that works across all Platforms ;)

So IF there is a BUG we have to search it elsewhere..

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 12:38
Yeah i kno there is no special console tyre but we have less grip with the "same" tyres. I wouldnt make so much noise if there is such a driver problem of thousands of gamers ^^

it seems possible that the Framerate can be a factor for the problem cause we checked out that the times are better without any graphictweaks. if im personal shutdown the drving mirror my whole game works fluider...

aTTaX boMbaY
23-06-2015, 12:45
I dont think that is is a „general issue“ between pc and console version.
The issue concentrates on this particular track or dlc car.

It is not my intention to whine cause I’m to slow.
The car feels rubbish. The track is easy to drive – I cant imagine that im loosing all this time to the pc guys.

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 12:54
For example take a look at the setup of amphy
This setup seems fast on PC. We have tested it and we have FOUR red tyres IN lap 1 b4 the carousel. Amphy drives with Pad aswell.

Ok, that seems wrong. Please report this in the bug report forums (if you didn't already), where it's more likely to be noticed as an issue. Make it clear that it's likely a car specific issue, unless you experienced a similar with other cars as well.

stux
23-06-2015, 12:57
I dont think that is is a „general issue“ between pc and console version.
The issue concentrates on this particular track or dlc car.

It is not my intention to whine cause I’m to slow.
The car feels rubbish. The track is easy to drive – I cant imagine that im loosing all this time to the pc guys.

Here's the thread discussing framerate causing times to be slower

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25574-Um-is-this-a-HUGE-bug-or-intended-or-my-game-just-messed-up

arveena
23-06-2015, 13:31
I also found amphys pressures way to low also red Tyres after the carousell only 3 though. For the xbox one bug. It only happens with AI and would not explain the PS4 times as the PS4 runs 60fps all the time. Also with the car beeing bugged that would be so strange. IT should be the same code on every plattform as it is "just" a car and the physics are the same but maybe we can get Doug or Ian here maybe they know more. But I highly doubt there is a bug as the guys who you were on par with in the previous TT you are still on par with. Just a few new faces. If I am wrong I think some of the Dev will enlight us. But i doubt it.

Also the framerate bug only seems to happen with AI and not for all people just for a few

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 13:57
PS4 version runs never with 60 FPS ,aswell the x1 version. The ps4 have in this case the same problem as the x1.

Youre a funny guy arveena,

sry but pls ask yourself . What seems realistic ?
EVERYONE is suddenly 2 seconds faster or it is a bug ?

If its just you omg i would fall of my knees

stux
23-06-2015, 13:57
I also found amphys pressures way to low also red Tyres after the carousell only 3 though. For the xbox one bug. It only happens with AI and would not explain the PS4 times as the PS4 runs 60fps all the time. Also with the car beeing bugged that would be so strange. IT should be the same code on every plattform as it is "just" a car and the physics are the same but maybe we can get Doug or Ian here maybe they know more. But I highly doubt there is a bug as the guys who you were on par with in the previous TT you are still on par with. Just a few new faces. If I am wrong I think some of the Dev will enlight us. But i doubt it.

Also the framerate bug only seems to happen with AI and not for all people just for a few

Not necessarily true, it may just be that its easier to detect with the AI because they overload the physics so obviously. If there is an issue where the physics thread gets overloaded which causes time to disappear, then if the physics thread gets overloaded, even a tiny tiny amount, which could be happening every time there is a dropped frame, then that could be an almost imperceptible issue, even in TT.

I'm not sure Road America with the Bentley runs at 100% 60fps.

Of course, its more likely that Forza players just aren't used to PCars, because I can't imagine a 2 second gap from imperceptible framerate drops ;)

aTTaX boMbaY
23-06-2015, 14:07
Nice try boy.

I mean what do u want to gain with this nonsense?
Uiuiui I’m a forza guy and I cant play pcars cause it is the most challenging racing game ive ever played ?

I don’t know, prob. u will give your statement some thought.

At least, these comments will not reach our goal to find out whats going on at this challenge.

Maybe this will help: I’m a noob and I cant race the game.
Could pls some other guys try this combo at the xbone who can race the game ?
I just want the problem to be fixed ; )

Joni Varis
23-06-2015, 14:22
LOL what a s*itstorm it is here. You guys are funny :)

aTTaX boMbaY
23-06-2015, 14:23
a cold shiver ran down my back while reading your post varis^^

im now out of it - thx for nothin.

Edit:

I had to edit my post again cause varis aint want to tell us the whole Story tho.

Joni Varis
23-06-2015, 14:29
Well it was bit too much, so i edited it out. Its just funny that you guys cut the c*ap out of the track in previous events, then suddenly when there is event you really cant cut and wont be at top, all this crying starts. If there really is something that cause console versions to be slower then it obviously need to be looked at. But its hardly makes sense to start to call us cheaters now when we actually do drive the tracks proberly.

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 14:36
sry jonny but you really thinking about cutting and sportsmanlike after such comments or this case ?

if you meant to be a clean and solid driver you would help us to find the issue or whatever it is. I posted our setup, we checked out that both platforms have differences with the same periphery. And youre talking about a shitstorm after whining about cutting and something else ??? REALLY ?

i try to make a new topic about the Issue. Its not possible to talk with you normal without blaming us....

Joni Varis
23-06-2015, 14:39
Just like you stopped cutting when it was mentioned by SMS that it aint allowed (NOT). Gents, we have true sportsman talking here :hopelessness:

Also i allready said if there is something that need to be taken a look on consoles, im sure it will be done.

Thanks for good laughs anyway.

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 14:47
Im out here.

ignorant is all what im saying.

PS: be happy with your place 1 . It will be the last time xD

Joni Varis
23-06-2015, 14:48
Because wont be taking part to your cutfest.

aTTaX boMbaY
23-06-2015, 14:49
varis,

could you pls look at the leaderboard, a pic posted a few pages before, of the brands hatch re run ?
i truely was not the fastest on the xbone but i finished at the fourth place.
tell me where u can cut at brands hatch ?
and then, pls look at the pc times. u will see, they aint faster Overall ;)

still funny ?

arveena
23-06-2015, 14:50
So enough of the flame. Lets be productive and see if there is an issue.

I did try your setup. I try to help and for me your Setup is not drivable at all in sector two without aids. And with TC and SC on SC is slowing me down the whole carosell i loose instantly 1sek there. As the symbol is always on. Always that slows down so much. Still managed mid 1:48 in the first try though.
Also no one cares about TT which where before I normally dont do them and if i do i put 2 mins in and then I am top 20 most of the time in the end. The Championship is a joke why should i put time in it. I guess its the same for jonny of course we wont be fast there.
We are doing this now because there are prices involved and you cant cut. So that is why you cant compare times from us to our times now. We did not try at all until now

Joni Varis
23-06-2015, 14:55
varis,

could you pls look at the leaderboard, a pic posted a few pages before, of the brands hatch re run ?
i truely was not the fastest on the xbone but i finished at the fourth place.
tell me where u can cut at brands hatch ?
and then, pls look at the pc times. u will see, they aint faster Overall ;)

still funny ?

It is funny, because many guys didnt took part on those events. I know for fact that many really fast guys skipped most of the events when they realized what kind of mess the whole "championship" is.

For example i did 1.17.3 at barcelona & 1.10.9 at monaco FA events without cuts, which were the only events even took part. I doubt you could of done the same staying inside the track. You can always prove me wrong tho, then i will take my words back.

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 14:58
ok

arveena

if you really doing a middle 48 with our setup it is a Fact. We cant do such laptimes and i really think we have the same pace at all.

arveena
23-06-2015, 15:30
ok

arveena

if you really doing a middle 48 with our setup it is a Fact. We cant do such laptimes and i really think we have the same pace at all.

Every TT I tried I was always nearly as fast as you without cutting. You gained like 4sek+ but where only 2 ahead. So i dont think we are at the same pace

Publicenemy
23-06-2015, 15:42
LOLOLOLOL

you have no idea about the game ?

we have since zolder the 1.3 patch which allows us to drive our real times. Nobody of any pc driver was so fast as the x1 on Brands hatch,nobody. I was faster as the time before our patch and faster as the PC time you got on brands hatch.

my last post here. long time ago i met so ignorant people. We have so many facts that something goes very wrong here.

Nobody ever talks about "you guys are slower as us". Were honored your fantastic laps and sector times. Really. We knows the 4-5 guys infront are very fast. But we also know that the same people couldnt suddenly get 1-2 seconds faster. quite suddenly. Nobody talks about you guys were cheating or something.

We only want to know whats wrong here,but ok.

quite suddenly the fastest paddrivers on consoles had lost their pace. thats much more realistic.

arveena
23-06-2015, 16:06
LOLOLOLOL

you have no idea about the game ?

we have since zolder the 1.3 patch which allows us to drive our real times. Nobody of any pc driver was so fast as the x1 on Brands hatch,nobody. I was faster as the time before our patch and faster as the PC time you got on brands hatch.

my last post here. long time ago i met so ignorant people. We have so many facts that something goes very wrong here.

Nobody ever talks about "you guys are slower as us". Were honored your fantastic laps and sector times. Really. We knows the 4-5 guys infront are very fast. But we also know that the same people couldnt suddenly get 1-2 seconds faster. quite suddenly. Nobody talks about you guys were cheating or something.

We only want to know whats wrong here,but ok.

quite suddenly the fastest paddrivers on consoles had lost their pace. thats much more realistic.

Again why are you coming up with Brands Hatch we did not try it at all^^

fiesling
23-06-2015, 16:15
@publicenemy

actually with your setup i drive only worse feels totally unstable and bad imho

but who cares . )

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 16:36
Found 2 tenths more. 11 to go. :)

By the way, I'm not the only one who feels that the tires have more grip on the first lap, right? It feels like tire wear is enabled for Time Trials, even when it's turned off otherwise.

Joni Varis
23-06-2015, 16:39
By the way, I'm not the only one who feels that the tires have more grip on the first lap, right? It feels like tire wear is enabled for Time Trials, even when it's turned off otherwise.

Actually not the case for me. Most of my best laps were from lap 2. But i do use quite high tyre pressures (much higher that you were talking earlier, or the ones on those setups) so it might play some part. Also i feel that brakes are working better at lap 2. Could be that lower TP would be faster, but when i used lower it felt somehow mushy and lacked the feeling, for me car feels much more responsive & sharp with higher TP, but does have worse rear grip.

GMDLONDON
23-06-2015, 16:42
The only think I can see is when on ps4 I play in practice mode by setting the same whether time and condition its feels smooth , and online event especially last day when every one is trying to improve I can see frame rate drop and that Im sure.

Dont know if on pc its option to play on dedicated server and if there is such option if any from top on pc is using dedicated server on not, that can make maybe deference. but I dont have any idea if that is a point to talk about this event as all platforms separated ,
championship hmhm we cant on ps4 connect T500 and Club Sport pedals from fanatec, if this is posible to do on pc then no point to talk about fair championship, but the game I guess 99.999% is the same on all platforms

David Semperger
23-06-2015, 18:10
Actually not the case for me. Most of my best laps were from lap 2. But i do use quite high tyre pressures (much higher that you were talking earlier, or the ones on those setups) so it might play some part. Also i feel that brakes are working better at lap 2. Could be that lower TP would be faster, but when i used lower it felt somehow mushy and lacked the feeling, for me car feels much more responsive & sharp with higher TP, but does have worse rear grip.

For me the pressure doesn't seem to matter in this regard, I'm consistently the fastest on my first lap. I guess it could have something to do with how the temps change after a lap. For me the brakes doesn't seem to change, unless I reduce their cooling too much, in which case they get significantly worse for the 2nd lap and onwards. Right now I'm running with 20% duct and they remain pretty consistent for me.

Also, I finally made it into the 47s. Feeling pretty good at the moment, even though I'm still nearly a second behind you. As it turns out my driving was OK-ish, but my setup could still use a few tweaks.

Amphy
23-06-2015, 19:01
Okay, so maybe the consoles are bugged in a sense. Apologies to you, Publicenemy, but I could hardly take you seriously because of your attitude throughout this whole thread.

I'd like to congratulate everyone on their efforts this time around. Definitely a thumbs up to Joni for that ludicrously fast time, and Arveena for the video/analysis.

And well done David, continuing to improve regardless of how far back you are. I've still got a couple of tenths to iron out, but I'll never contest the top spot so it's not a big deal to me. It's been a fun event, despite the interesting couple of posts that arose overnight for me. :P

arveena
23-06-2015, 19:08
Okay, so maybe the consoles are bugged in a sense. Apologies to you, Publicenemy, but I could hardly take you seriously because of your attitude throughout this whole thread.

I'd like to congratulate everyone on their efforts this time around. Definitely a thumbs up to Joni for that ludicrously fast time, and Arveena for the video/analysis.

And well done David, continuing to improve regardless of how far back you are. I've still got a couple of tenths to iron out, but I'll never contest the top spot so it's not a big deal to me. It's been a fun event, despite the interesting couple of posts that arose overnight for me. :P

If they give out the same prices like last time and I win a wheel. I will ship my DFGT to you. It is amazing how fast you are with a pad you need a wheel.
I am not joking!

Amphy
23-06-2015, 19:11
Thanks for the gesture! I really appreciate it. There's also going to be more events down the road, so I'll be continuing from then on as well.

Fabian Baumgarten
23-06-2015, 22:18
there should be one price for wheel users and one for the fastest controller user. they would have more from this prize...
really great lap with your controller Amphy! you really should get something from SMS for your effort!

maybe they also could change the rules, so not only the first gets away with something...maybe the top 10 guys get next DLC for free?

Amphy
23-06-2015, 22:45
I thought it would be really nice to earn a prize for being the top controller user, but the more I thought about it, the more that didn't seem right.

Sure, the wheel is a much more precise and, for lack of a better term, "stronger" peripheral, but I think I could say that if I were the better driver, I could've won.

Throw in the fact that people like Arveena run the DFGT, it pretty much means they deserve it as much as I could say I do. If it's a T300 RS like the Bavarian Legend, he still gets an upgrade himself.

All in all, I can't complain. I did just about the best I could, save for a couple of tenths, but I'll never touch a 1:46 anytime soon. And that's okay, cause I still had fun trying.

arveena
24-06-2015, 00:03
WoW that was a close one. Jonny well done congratz you were the closest to the perfekt lap. For me it would be a 46:7 but I could not get it together. I did improve to .104 but was not enough and anto got really close.
Well done everybody now everyone can see how amazing and close TT without cutting can be. Was a good fight the last days and amphy was impressive with the pad.
Hopefully the prices are not the same than in the bavarian TT so second place get something too ;)

David Semperger
24-06-2015, 00:13
Well done everyone. I hope to see you all in the Formula A event at Silverstone as well. It starts July 3rd and should be a fairly clean event as well.

Joni Varis
24-06-2015, 02:17
Thx guys.

Bit suprised it was enough, usually the best times are always done at last day of event & had to do my last laps day early. Wasnt really nice feeling just to follow it aside, you guys kept improving & knew that couldnt do anything if my time would be beaten. Guess i was bit lucky aswell :)

I need to tip my hat to Amphy, amazing time with pad. Well done everyone!

David: About the upcoming Silverstone FA event. Would love to do it, but it all depends if the track boundaries are fixed PROBERLY before it, if not you know how it will go.

stux
24-06-2015, 02:47
Any chance of the winners posting their setups :)

fiesling
24-06-2015, 02:57
so what accidently won a wheel ? lol ...:D

well driven...

Amphy
24-06-2015, 03:09
I am pretty interested in what some of these setups are as well, since mine is pretty silly.

David Semperger
24-06-2015, 10:34
David: About the upcoming Silverstone FA event. Would love to do it, but it all depends if the track boundaries are fixed PROBERLY before it, if not you know how it will go.

Silverstone is mostly clean as it is. We can go wide at the exit of Copse and also have that silly issue where we can enter the pits to cut the last part of the track, but given Andy's latest warning, that intentional abuse of the rules like this won't be allowed anymore and that two tires should be touching the kerbs during corners I'm sure that not many will be using these cuts, because there's a good chance they'll be disqualified this time around.

I don't know if mine is good enough for you, but I'll be sharing it here soon. I have a feeling that in certain ways it's very similar to what the guys before me used. It's already public on a certain very cool website, I'm just waiting for the announcement that the site itself can go public, which should happen today.

Joni Varis
24-06-2015, 12:25
I am pretty interested in what some of these setups are as well, since mine is pretty silly.

You guys are free to PM me if you want the setup. Im not going post it here to publick. Sadly there is still some guys on this community i dont want to give any help whatsoever.

But i can say after seeing davids setup mine is quite different. Not totally, but there is some major differences.

David Semperger
24-06-2015, 13:09
But i can say after seeing davids setup mine is quite different. Not totally, but there is some major differences.

You saw it on Riman's site? The differences are likely at least partly due to the fact that I used all assists and you used none.

Joni Varis
24-06-2015, 13:11
You saw it on Riman's site? The differences are likely at least partly due to the fact that I used all assists and you used none.

Yup. I actually have more agressive setup than you, so dont think thats the case LOL.

David Semperger
24-06-2015, 13:17
Yup. I actually have more agressive setup than you, so dont think thats the case LOL-

Well, you're also a much better driver than me. :)

BTW, unless I'm one of the people you don't want to help (I'd understand if that were the case) I'd appreciate it if you'd send me your setup in a PM. The reason is that when I was still posting times in the 48s I was convinced that my setup was alright and instead hit a ceiling in my driving. However after I started fiddling with the sway bars and spring rates and adding more aero I could improve to my current best lap effortlessly (which meant about 5 tenths off my previous best), so my setup wasn't nearly as good as I thought. I'm also curious how you made higher tire pressures work. I think I went as high as 1.7f / 1.8r in my testing and while the difference wasn't huge I did feel that it made me slower out of corners. Not by a lot, just 1 or 2 tenths over a lap.

Joni Varis
24-06-2015, 13:25
Nah i didnt have any super high pressures, but 1.45-1.55 some were using didnt work for me at all. It felt more grippy at exits, but made it somehow sluggish on fast corners and lost the feel on ffb completely. It doesnt mean that it wouldnt been faster for some, just didnt work for me at all.

Will send you PM at some point.

GMDLONDON
24-06-2015, 16:58

hmmm my setup is not the setup any one would like to see as Im still learning setup staff is very time consuming , but we should be gentleman like ask for some tips, but full setup hmm its beter to learn cos next track next car and its starts all over again.

I had 1.40 1.55 tyres and downforce 9-10 but to get into low 1.47 was needed faster speed with 7-8 downforce but with controller I was looking to get full laps.

Congratulation to all who did enter and all pad users who did not give up, I dident so we end up on ps4 with 1.48.367 with only one pad on first page, but SDL_Atho and other fast guys did not take part.

How ends up the Xbox leaderboard? thanks and regard for all.

choupolo
24-06-2015, 18:18
I'd like to up there with you as a fellow ps4 pad guy, but I still have a few things to learn! I'm confident I can get there though. Thanks for your help with this one. ;)

Joni Varis
25-06-2015, 03:02
Does anyone know how the prices are handed on these events? Should i contact someone myself, or do they contact me at some point thru steam?

911 C4S
25-06-2015, 03:04
Our top time for xbox is a 1:48.138. I started 1.55xx's and after watching some youtube all of a sudden something clicked and finally felt that connection to the wheel & pedals I was lacking. I was able to break 1:51 which was good enough for 22nd place and I know I left at least a second as my official lap was somewhat sloppy (likely due to the setup).

Being that I've always raced using a pad and never used a wheel up until about a month ago I am very happy with my time. Im even more happy i figured out how to drive fast again!

GMDLONDON
25-06-2015, 08:53
Our top time for xbox is a 1:48.138. I started 1.55xx's and after watching some youtube all of a sudden something clicked and finally felt that connection to the wheel & pedals I was lacking. I was able to break 1:51 which was good enough for 22nd place and I know I left at least a second as my official lap was somewhat sloppy (likely due to the setup).

Being that I've always raced using a pad and never used a wheel up until about a month ago I am very happy with my time. Im even more happy i figured out how to drive fast again!

Is the 1st place pad user?

911 C4S
25-06-2015, 09:14
1st place was a wheel, however, he posted that time on the last day I believe, just ahead of BAM Commando who had been 1st with a pad for most of the event.

N0body Of The Goat
25-06-2015, 09:22
Does anyone know how the prices are handed on these events? Should i contact someone myself, or do they contact me at some point thru steam?

When we had a similar competition with prizes during development, weren't all the prizes awarded during a live streamed draw, from all times posted at Mugello?

As in 1st place in the event did not automatically win the best prize?

GMDLONDON
25-06-2015, 09:35

No one knows , no event on facebook, no prices , no details.

Joni Varis
25-06-2015, 11:01
At events tab on WMD leaderboard is has the same thing mentioned as the first thrustmaster event (Bavarian Legend) = "First prize:Compete for the chance to win Thrustmaster gear!" & there was wheel & pedals awarded to fastest guy of each platform.

But who knows, as said this event seems to be non existent at facebook page.

NOTG: Yes it was like that at Lotus 72D event, but was also mentioned before event started that prices will be awarded via draw. At the earlier Palmer Jaguar thrustmaster event first guy got T500RS + shifter.

GMDLONDON
25-06-2015, 13:01
[QUOTE=Joni Varis;1014795]At events tab on WMD leaderboard is has the same thing mentioned as the first thrustmaster event (Bavarian Legend) = "First prize:Compete for the chance to win Thrustmaster gear!" & there was wheel & pedals awarded to fastest guy of each platform.

Im to old for this crap. its only a chance to win, so I can translate this from (driver player) view how this look :) if any one want ;)

Joni Varis
25-06-2015, 13:16
It is quite confusing and can twist it many ways. I guess some dev needs to clear it out for us.

David Semperger
25-06-2015, 18:21
A little late, but as promised here's the setup I've used for this event: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/380418440

You guys should check out that site. Saving your working setups there is much better than saving them in pictures. Easier to share as well. On the PC you can open them in Steam's web browser in-game. Don't know what the current consoles can do in this regard.

EDIT: Oh, and here's the announcement thread for the site: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups

If you like it, have suggestions, or found a bug don't hesitate to let Riman know. :)

Joni Varis
27-06-2015, 03:11
I guess this was some "phantom event" as apart from game itself it seems non existent. It still aint listed either on project cars site or at facebook & no mod/dev bothers to give us answers of any kind.

There seems to be much more important things (like tone down all the useless rant) than answer genuine questions here. Oh well, good few hours wasted to it.

GMDLONDON
27-06-2015, 13:46
I guess this was some "ghost event" as apart from game itself it seems non existent. It still aint listed either on project cars site or at facebook under the SMS-R championship & no mod/dev bothers to answer the questions.

There seems to be much more important things (like toning down all the rant) than answer genuine questions here. Oh well, good few hours wasted to it.

Still nothing?

Joni Varis
27-06-2015, 15:04
Ye. Nothing yet :(

And tbh im not holding my breath that will happen anytime soon. Its like this event never existed, apart from the fact that its in the game.

GMDLONDON
27-06-2015, 16:43
Ye. Nothing yet :(

And tbh im not holding my breath that will happen anytime soon. Its like this event never existed, apart from the fact that its in the game.

and apart from the fact that player no. 2000 on leaderbord pay for the DLC pack just to enter the event and we to.

choupolo
28-06-2015, 01:20
Ok I have to give a massive thanks to everyone!

Particularly David, Joni, GMD and arveena. Using a bit from each of your contributions to this thread, I think I've cracked it and have renewed faith in myself!

The last time I had posted was a 1:53.7 on this event. This was my very best. I had almost given up, and thought all your times and videos just looked barmy! (crazy)

Now...

Came back to pCARS tonight after a while, intending to try one more time (this time on time trial mode since the SMS event was over - are TTs faster than SMS events generally I'm wondering?)

First I plugged in some controller settings I was given that made things much smoother - but I was still getting massive understeer and the steering lock with this particular setting was even less than what I had before!

Second I plugged in David's setup which he kindly shared with us earlier. I also turned stability control on.

Instantly I noticed a massive improvement in understeer and turning arc through the corners. Now the carousel was doable close to full throttle with a small lift mid corner. Before I had to have a very early big lift, or ride the whole corner with half throttle. The first and second corners were also much better.

However, it was a little loose at the rear for my liking. So I lowered rear tyre pressures to 1.5, and softened the rear sway a couple of clicks. I also increased the LSD Decel and Preload to 30 and 40.

BOOM - a 1:50.596- over 3 seconds faster and would have been straight into the top 10! It wasn't even a good lap (as you'll see from the video I'm uploading) and there's at least another second or two there with some better driving and some further setup tweaks to suit my driving style.

I'm uploading the lap now - *loading... [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUo4AEoSZU]

So what does this mean? I'm not as shit as I thought I was? Many of us aren't as shit as we think we are??

What made the biggest difference - stability control? a very different setup to what I was using before?

Certainly GMD, arveena, Joni and David's laps are still very very impressive - but at least I now feel they are not ridiculously out of reach, maybe?

So thanks again to you guys. I'm a happy guy tonight. ;)

EDIT: Best effort for tonight using same setup - 1:49.8

Joni Varis
28-06-2015, 03:49
and apart from the fact that player no. 2000 on leaderbord pay for the DLC pack just to enter the event and we to.

That is good point. I didnt get the DLC because of this event, but im sure some did as this supposed to have prizes.

Its not like we are asking too much here. We simply want to know what is going on with this.

So ill repeat the things that need to be cleared out :

- Why it has never been & still isnt listed at facebook ( even tho ingame says the following: "First prize:Compete for the chance to win Thrustmaster gear!" More info at facebook.com/projectcarsgame/events )
- So what are the Prizes
- Who will get the prizes? Is it same way as at bavarian event, or maybe some random draw beetween all who participated

Joni Varis
28-06-2015, 13:24
Edit: Well took a closer look ingame. Wisconsin, sonoma & dubai are not "championhip" rounds. So my bad :) But still would want to hear answer for the questions above!

Joni Varis
29-06-2015, 14:20
Allready week since this event end, yet no info whatsoever about it.

Seriously SMS, you should/could handle things better than this. Really hope there has been some honest mistake from some end, if not cant understand how its handled this poorly.

David Semperger
29-06-2015, 14:49
Have you tried PMing the mods here or the devs over at WMD about this?

Joni Varis
29-06-2015, 14:49
Have you tried PMing the mods here or the devs over at WMD about this?

Many days ago send PM to one of your mods to pass this to devs, but obviously didnt get answer. There is also thread about this at WMD forum & deadly silence there aswell.

GMDLONDON
29-06-2015, 15:33
Many days ago send PM to one of your mods to pass this to devs, but obviously didnt get answer. There is also thread about this at WMD forum & deadly silence there aswell.

One thing I know, if any one want a wheel go on web and buy, if any one prefer pad just play, if any other event just the for free, if they ask for money simply fack off go back to EA

fiesling
29-06-2015, 16:23
you had the chance to win thrustmaster gear like you have the chance to get the ultra epic knife drop from a cs go box.)

please buy more keys joni :)

Joni Varis
29-06-2015, 16:28
Might be just that. But still find it weird that no dev bothers to answer those very genuine question asked many times (like in last page). Wouldnt really take that much time to clear it out, specially as they seem to have bucketloads of time to answer all sort of nonsense at general discussion area.

I personally didnt get DLC because of event, actually didint even know it existed when bought it. But im sure a lot of guys bought it when they saw that there is event with prizes that reguires the bentley speed 8.

Joni Varis
01-07-2015, 02:42
That is good point. I didnt get the DLC because of this event, but im sure some did as this supposed to have prizes.

Its not like we are asking too much here. We simply want to know what is going on with this.

So ill repeat the things that need to be cleared out :

- Why it has never been & still isnt listed at facebook ( even tho ingame says the following: "First prize:Compete for the chance to win Thrustmaster gear!" More info at facebook.com/projectcarsgame/events )
- So what are the Prizes
- Who will get the prizes? Is it same way as at bavarian event, or maybe some random draw beetween all who participated

E: Its all sorted now. Got contacted by SMS today and anyone else who wondered about it prizes were Thrustmaster TH8A Shifters for fastest of each platform if understand it correctly.

GMDLONDON
01-07-2015, 17:25
E: Its all sorted now. Got contacted by SMS today and anyone else who wondered about it prizes were Thrustmaster TH8A Shifters for fastest of each platform if understand it correctly.

wow, Im happy that you did get Shifter ??????????? nothing on my massage box, My way of expression cant be tolrerated but SMS organisation well , I wish to be one the other site and make events giving excitement not just for the fastest ones , Im to old to deal with such organisation and to Young to Die. I just hope they will not contact me if they want give sifter or ps4 pad holder.

Joni Varis
01-07-2015, 17:35
Well could be that understand it wrong & the prize was only fastest overall. So would still be great if some dev clears it out.

GMDLONDON
01-07-2015, 17:45
Well could be that understand it wrong & the prize was only fastest overall. So would still be great if some dev clears it out.

Logic, I play only events , dont have motivation to play just the game coz I did play all good racing games, even PONG :)

Publicenemy
20-07-2015, 13:15
after patch 2.0 you can drive on x1 the "normal" laptimes.....

i just tested a random setup to give it a try after patch and i drove a 1:48,3xx in lap 4 .i was suddenly 1 second faster in sector 2. i think if i tried harder my endresult should be a low 47. i cant test it cause my x1 is broken atm but i can now confirm that this TT was buggy ALL THE WAY. I dont know if it is the tyre wear,the frame rate or whatever.

pls guys on consoles ,drive this again,give it a try. You will be surprised.

David Semperger
20-07-2015, 13:49
If that is indeed the case (I can't verify it) it sucks. Since the platforms can easily have different bugs I think starting separate championships for each of them should be seriously considered the next time.

Publicenemy
20-07-2015, 14:04
yep,thats the best way.

it cant be possible that we drive different Software bulids in a competition. the PC guys get the patches always 2 weeks before us.