PDA

View Full Version : Tuning setup

beagea
17-06-2015, 15:45
Vehicle - Alignment, Rear left and Rear right Camber Angle, there is no -1.8 there are two sets of -1.9 also two sets of -1.7 also two sets of -2.1 also two sets -2.5 also three sets of -3.0 also two sets of -3.3 and two sets of -3.7 and two sets of -0.1 and two sets of -0.5 and two sets of -0.9 It is also the case with the Front Left and Right Camber Angle, also with Front and Rear Toe-in Angle.

I ran through a number of cars and it seems to be a case with all of them, is this the normal set up?

Roger Prynne
17-06-2015, 18:44
What are you actually asking here as the way you wrote it is very confusing to me.

agentbeef
17-06-2015, 18:45
Vehicle - Alignment, Rear left and Rear right Camber Angle, there is no -1.8 there are two sets of -1.9 also two sets of -1.7 also two sets of -2.1 also two sets -2.5 also three sets of -3.0 also two sets of -3.3 and two sets of -3.7 and two sets of -0.1 and two sets of -0.5 and two sets of -0.9 It is also the case with the Front Left and Right Camber Angle, also with Front and Rear Toe-in Angle.

I ran through a number of cars and it seems to be a case with all of them, is this the normal set up?

ahh I am falling.

Schnizz58
17-06-2015, 19:01
What are you actually asking here as the way you wrote it is very confusing to me.
He's saying that when he changes certain tuning values (most of them actually) there are places where the slider goes -1.7 -> -1.7 -> -1.9 -> -1.9 (for camber angle just as an example). I've noticed this too but it hasn't really been a big issue so far. Figured it was just rounding. I just set the value to the closest one available.

Rockefelluh
17-06-2015, 19:36
I thought there was a bug that made the camber sliders useless? Or was that fixed with 1.4?

OpticalHercules
17-06-2015, 20:24
I thought there was a bug that made the camber sliders useless? Or was that fixed with 1.4?

Definitely no bug with the Formula A Rear Camber. Dropping that setting to nil makes slow corner exits require so much less throttle feathering to avoid whipping the rear end out. That's the only way I survived your F/A league race last weekend.

beagea
17-06-2015, 23:36
Sorry my post was confusing, @Schnizz58 describe it better than me, yes I was referring to the slider to alter the values.

Wasn't thinking it was a bug or anything, was just wounding if this was normal settings and if so why are some of the numbers done twice and some done three times? And what effect this has on tuning.

OpticalHercules
18-06-2015, 00:42
I don't know if the duplicates are the same values due to rounding or have hidden hundredths values that just don't show up due to text format. Either way I try to make sure when I do select a value that shows a duplicate, I try to make sure I use the same number of clicks to get to that value, just in case.