PDA

View Full Version : For SMS, Oculus and VR helmets?

Martini Da Gasalini
17-06-2015, 16:21
Hey Guys just curious will PCars be compatible with with any of the VR helmets that are going to come out? or is it up to them to make it compatible or how will this play out.

I can't imagine being in a seated rig with wheel and actually seeing myself in the car while racing.....:D

Martini Da Gasalini
17-06-2015, 17:55
bump

BDR Daz
17-06-2015, 17:59
Well Rift isnt "Directly" supported by Xbox so it would be a PC specific question
Not sure on Morpheus, Sony have been pretty vague on its capabilities so far

Hololens is a complete different kettle of fish to be used in a racing game, unless you could be a spectator and then walk around the Track a "Birds eye view" on the track and see it all developing in front of you ...

MysterG
17-06-2015, 18:02
pCARS already works with Oculus on PC, and that support is being improved going forwards.

SMS have also stated that the intention is to support Morpheus on PS4, but we'll only find out more about that when Sony obliges, I would think.

Martini Da Gasalini
17-06-2015, 18:41
pCARS already works with Oculus on PC, and that support is being improved going forwards.

SMS have also stated that the intention is to support Morpheus on PS4, but we'll only find out more about that when Sony obliges, I would think.

AHHHH good, I was wondering about that since that is Sony's baby, figured that would get top priority.

But my question remains, would SMS need to "make" things work via Morpheus? I'm assuming so?

MysterG
17-06-2015, 21:28
AHHHH good, I was wondering about that since that is Sony's baby, figured that would get top priority.

But my question remains, would SMS need to "make" things work via Morpheus? I'm assuming so?

It will require work from SMS.

CPS-3
17-06-2015, 21:37
Oh man, i would really like that too. I hope it is in store by Christmas.

Martini Da Gasalini
17-06-2015, 23:17
Oh man, i would really like that too. I hope it is in store by Christmas.

http://gizmodo.com/project-morpheus-sonys-oculus-rift-competitor-looks-i-1546819815/1711403548

SergioCosmopolis
18-06-2015, 06:35
PC was advertised as shipping with Morpheus support already worked in. I haven't heard from anyone from SMS that that isn't the case. I, and a lot of PS4 players, bought the game with that in mind. They'd be setting themselves up (from what a lawyer friend I'd actually talked about this with told me) for a heck of a lawsuit if it ended up not supporting Morpheus (which again I've seen nothing to worry me that it won't, except maybe for the lack of any recent talk of the feature.)

CPS-3
18-06-2015, 09:39
It's pretty normal that it won't be sold for just 100 or 200. But it shouldn't cross the 400 bar, that's for sure. If they want such price for that thing I won't buy it.

Martini Da Gasalini
18-06-2015, 20:34
It's pretty normal that it won't be sold for just 100 or 200. But it shouldn't cross the 400 bar, that's for sure. If they want such price for that thing I won't buy it.

prices come down on new tech after it's debut, may take a year or so

SergioCosmopolis
18-06-2015, 23:22
I'm super stoked for VR. With my luck though, I'll shell out $350 or whatever it costs at launch only to find I can't play more than five minutes without puking. But man, I bet those five minutes will be awesome.