PDA

View Full Version : Have the devs had any early access to the new Ati cards......?

Hlspwn
17-06-2015, 17:04
This may be a silly question due to past relations, but have the devs had any early access to the new ATi R9 Fury X, fury, or the R9 390x?

I have a vested interest as I will be buying one of the above. Considering I will be upgrading to win 10, and as the cards have a new Api and are DX12, just wondering if any SMS staff have had a chance to try these on project cars?

SMS PC Lead
17-06-2015, 22:52
This may be a silly question due to past relations, but have the devs had any early access to the new ATi R9 Fury X, fury, or the R9 390x?

I have a vested interest as I will be buying one of the above. Considering I will be upgrading to win 10, and as the cards have a new Api and are DX12, just wondering if any SMS staff have had a chance to try these on project cars?

We have early access to all new AMD hardware - both new CPUs and GPUs. There are obviously NDAs with the detail on this, but there are at least a dozen or so emails a week on optimisations, hardware and forward looking stuff every week, between AMD and SMS.

ermo
17-06-2015, 23:43
We have early access to all new AMD hardware - both new CPUs and GPUs. There are obviously NDAs with the detail on this, but there are at least a dozen or so emails a week on optimisations, hardware and forward looking stuff every week, between AMD and SMS.

For some reason the 'Like' button doesn't show on your post for me Mr. G. But that sounds like pretty wicked news. I hope you (and the rest of the render team) and the AMD boys are having a good time coming up with new and clever optimization tricks! :D :yes:

Hlspwn
18-06-2015, 08:00

Thanks for coming back to me, that's great news. Tbh I expected you would be bound to the NDA, but to know that it is been worked on gives me confidence to move to 4k and finally see the game in its full glory. My 5770 is well over due an upgrade.
:D