PDA

View Full Version : An average online session..

foo
17-06-2015, 18:07
1. Find a game by taking a wild guess at what the settings might be
2. Join game, join quali in progress
3. Drive button is disabled, quit game
4. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
5. Drive button is disabled, quit game
6. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
7. Get into quali! Can't change view, quit game
8. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
9. Drive button is disabled, quit game
10. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
11. Game freezes on loading screen, ctrl-alt-del, kill game in task manager
12. Rejoin game, join quali in progress, accept that you can't change view
13. Attempt to use manual gears and clutch, realise that it doesn't work, at all, change settings
13. Quali!
14. Go to race
15. Observe the 2 or 3 cars that are upside down and/or on top of other cars on the grid
16. Get a penalty for jumping the start before you're actually in the car
16. Get hit in the back by all the people that actually jump the start and are not penalized
17. Avoid the person or two that are just trying to take everyone else out
18. Avoid all the cars that are just left sat in their grid slots
19. Be overtaken by someone way off the track, successfully cutting a chicane/corner
19. Hit the invisible object (parked car?), limp to pits
19. Finish race with the other 2 people that didn't quit, game crashes on loading screen.
20. Watch replay to try to understand any of the above, realize it bears no relation to the race it was meant to record
20. Goto 1 or stop playing because it's verging on pointless

JeyD02
17-06-2015, 18:11
1. Find a game by taking a wild guess at what the settings might be
2. Join game, join quali in progress
3. Drive button is disabled, quit game
4. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
5. Drive button is disabled, quit game
6. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
7. Get into quali! Can't change view, quit game
8. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
9. Drive button is disabled, quit game
10. Rejoin game, join quali in progress
11. Game freezes on loading screen, ctrl-alt-del, kill game in task manager
12. Rejoin game, join quali in progress, accept that you can't change view
13. Attempt to use manual gears and clutch, realise that it doesn't work, at all, change settings
13. Quali!
14. Go to race
15. Observe the 2 or 3 cars that are upside down and/or on top of other cars on the grid
16. Get a penalty for jumping the start before you're actually in the car
16. Get hit in the back by all the people that actually jump the start and are not penalized
17. Avoid the person or two that are just trying to take everyone else out
18. Avoid all the cars that are just left sat in their grid slots
19. Be overtaken by someone way off the track, successfully cutting a chicane/corner
19. Hit the invisible object (parked car?), limp to pits
19. Finish race with the other 2 people that didn't quit, game crashes on loading screen.
20. Watch replay to try to understand any of the above, realize it bears no relation to the race it was meant to record
20. Goto 1 or stop playing because it's verging on pointless

While this problem may occur I have to disagree with you. When I load the game only once the drive it's locked and only once it's locked to bumper view. Also you can see the settings in lobby in the 4th box showing you what restrictions and rules the host had selected.

foo
17-06-2015, 18:13
Both happen to me very regularly.

Yes you can see the settings, once you've joined a game! To find a game with settings that suit you, you must join them all and wait for that little screen to slowly rotate to the information you want.

Pink_650S
17-06-2015, 18:15
While this problem may occur I have to disagree with you. When I load the game only once the drive it's locked and only once it's locked to bumper view. Also you can see the settings in lobby in the 4th box showing you what restrictions and rules the host had selected.

It doesnt show all restrictions and rules though.

@OP: Were you experiencing the "Driving locked" bug even after Patch 1.4?

foo
17-06-2015, 18:18
It doesnt show all restrictions and rules though.

Yes, seemingly more often than before the patch. Only experienced the inability to change view since the patch..

The only positive thing that I've noticed from the patch is that I haven't got a 1700s penalty for pitting since it came out..

GT_Racing
17-06-2015, 18:21
Seems accurate. And I am only exaggerating a little bit.

Pink_650S
17-06-2015, 18:29
Yes, seemingly more often than before the patch. Only experienced the inability to change view since the patch..

The only positive thing that I've noticed from the patch is that I haven't got a 1700s penalty for pitting since it came out..

Wow, thats really unfortunate, to put it politely.

icebear
17-06-2015, 18:38
that's my story too, especially 14 to 19

so now, i play with 2 good friends when they are not parenting and 9 ia and it is fun
this game needs a better online experience to deserve all its qualities...

emjey
17-06-2015, 18:40
you`re absolute right!!!

i can not understand how anyone from wmd played any gran turismo online!!!that should be a standart move/action to someone that is making/working on a sim racing game!!!
they just left everything that makes a good online experience out for some reason!!penalties,ghost feature,showing opponents during race(the arrow from gt6 f.ex.), showing who is infront and back(not grid position)...and so on

just really cant wait for a proper racing game that alow good online experiences

Dude68
17-06-2015, 18:41
foo i'm with you. While I havn't had multiple lockouts with drive button having to back out and re-join game is becoming old really fast. I have encountered all your issues and am scratching my head.
Maybe if I was told this is a early access game I could understand why all these issues are here. But 4 years development apparently, many backers who have been testing and playing this game (And nobody had these issues)
2 or 3 delays
I am so p-ssed off at the moment as I put my faith in this title believing the hype and have been presented with a half functioning game if that. (I buy 3 games a year and try to look for value, I got screwed here)

Developers do we get a apology for this failed attempt, a sorry for this bad joke. Some more feedback to your customers. Not a word since patch 1.4 which bought up new issues for me and others. (Infinate loading screens)
How long before I get a functioning game.
I have told people to give this one a wide berth and wait for a year or so and pick it up from the bargain bin. Probably still wont work then either.

This is beyond a joke. I havn't even played the game this week as I am completely over the frustration.

SMS should be ashamed of themselves.

ssijak
17-06-2015, 18:43
Both happen to me very regularly.

Yes you can see the settings, once you've joined a game! To find a game with settings that suit you, you must join them all and wait for that little screen to slowly rotate to the information you want.

I must say that that is the dumbest UX thing from any game from my recent memory. That should be visible right from the lobby screen, and whe should be able to filter by more details!

edit : Hmm, so "drive" option should not be locked ever? I am also experiencing it afere 1.4 patch on ps4, and I just thought it is some poorly explained feature that I do not understand why I can not start to drive at the current time. Also, once I joined the race, drive was locked, I waited a little and I then went to drink water and when I was back it was enabled :confused:

Pink_650S
17-06-2015, 18:49
foo i'm with you. While I havn't had multiple lockouts with drive button having to back out and re-join game is becoming old really fast. I have encountered all your issues and am scratching my head.
Maybe if I was told this is a early access game I could understand why all these issues are here. But 4 years development apparently, many backers who have been testing and playing this game (And nobody had these issues)
2 or 3 delays
I am so p-ssed off at the moment as I put my faith in this title believing the hype and have been presented with a half functioning game if that. (I buy 3 games a year and try to look for value, I got screwed here)

Developers do we get a apology for this failed attempt, a sorry for this bad joke. Some more feedback to your customers. Not a word since patch 1.4 which bought up new issues for me and others. (Infinate loading screens)
How long before I get a functioning game.
I have told people to give this one a wide berth and wait for a year or so and pick it up from the bargain bin. Probably still wont work then either.

This is beyond a joke. I havn't even played the game this week as I am completely over the frustration.

SMS should be ashamed of themselves.

A bit harsh and inappropriate, your last sentence.

MJP
17-06-2015, 19:02
I've only had the locked 'Drive' button a handful of times, it's the locked to bumper view and/or the steering sensitivity change that causes the majority of my rejoins. Usually a rejoin fixes it but sometimes it takes 4 or 5 rejoins and gets really annoying, the 1.4 patch hasn't seemed to affect this.

Ramshackle
17-06-2015, 19:50
It still seems to be pot luck on whether I'll be allowed to drive in quali. The few times I have waited for the timer to run out when not being allowed to drive, I still end up stuck with bumper cam.

BellCurve
17-06-2015, 20:09

I am.