PDA

View Full Version : [GT2] BMW M3 GT2 or GT3?

townnet
17-06-2015, 18:08
Why Classify it as GT3 in project cars?...Another question is will you guys add GT2 car like Ruf, Corvette, Cadillac in future dlc? M3 are alone. :(

Jens Schmitt
17-06-2015, 18:10
M3 is a gt2 ca. But ist near by a gt3 car sothey put it in that gt3 class

Mahjik
17-06-2015, 18:33
It didn't make sense to have it in GT2 form with no other GT2 car in the sim. Since a lot of work had gone into it, it didn't make sense to not include the car either. So it was decided to make it competitive with GT3 cars.

danpinho
17-06-2015, 18:41
It didn't make sense to have it in GT2 form with no other GT2 car in the sim. Since a lot of work had gone into it, it didn't make sense to not include the car either. So it was decided to make it competitive with GT3 cars.

I'm really trying to understand why you said that! Maybe my english as 2nd language is a totally crap!
This car is at least 1 second slower than any other GT3 cars (exclude Bentley plz).
To make it "competitive" it should have at least: the same performance.

Edit: BTW, should we expect that the british cars will have the same outstanding performance in pCars like we see Nissans in that 6 title game? Because that car is a WAY faster than any other GT3 car and I don't see that outstanding perfomance in RL.

Mahjik
17-06-2015, 18:52
I'm really trying to understand why you said that! Maybe my english as 2nd language is a totally crap!
This car is at least 1 second slower than any other GT3 cars (exclude Bentley plz).
To make it "competitive" it should have at least: the same performance.

Just like most cars, there are tracks that will suit it and some that will not. There was a lot of testing done in this area and it's not slower than all the cars on every track. That would be the Ginetta GT3. ;) (joking there)

Edit: BTW, should we expect that the british cars will have the same outstanding performance in pCars like we see Nissans in that 6 title game? Because that car is a WAY faster than any other GT3 car and I don't see that outstanding perfomance in RL.

No. British cars are not artificially inflated. Like all the cars, there are positives and negatives. Being fast in a straight line doesn't mean it will be the fastest on every track. On a track like Monza, the Bentley can stretch it's legs. On a smaller twisty track, the more nimble cars will be quicker. It has more power and is heavier, which means it will have increased tire wear. Over something other than a 5 lap race, you'll begin to see all the difference in each of the GT3 cars come out.

XxxMrAssassinxxX
17-06-2015, 18:58
How come the Aston Martin Vantage GTE wasn't added as a competitor to the BMW M3 GT2?

It ruins the realism a little as it is a GT2 car and should be rivalring GTE cars not it's own brand with the Z4 GT3

fallfromgrace
17-06-2015, 19:04
If/when the Aston Martin Vantage GTE is included in the future, it would be great to have a newly created GTE/GT2 class with the Vantage and the M3 GT. I really hope that the GTE version won't be lumped in with the GT3 cars as it would be a shame to see it's performance adjusted to fit with the GT3s. It would be fantastic if we could get some kind of Ruf GTE mod of the GT3 version too, as well as a GTE version of the Z4. For now, the M3 fits pretty well in the GT3 class imo, even if it's not really supposed to be there.

danpinho
17-06-2015, 19:06
No. British cars are not artificially inflated. Like all the cars, there are positives and negatives. Being fast in a straight line doesn't mean it will be the fastest on every track. On a track like Monza, the Bentley can stretch it's legs. On a smaller twisty track, the more nimble cars will be quicker. It has more power and is heavier, which means it will have increased tire wear. Over something other than a 5 lap race, you'll begin to see all the difference in each of the GT3 cars come out.

Plz. Have a look @ Bentley spec: 0-100 = 3.2s. This number makes this very car the FASTEST in "smaller" "twisty" tracks. So faster in accel and faster in tracks like monza. Look, this not personal, it's not even me though. Everyone says that and every league out there wont allow this car right now because it is inflated, sorry I mean: faster.

BTW, love the Ginetta part! LOL here!

PS.:5lap race is arcade mode. I don't do that!

Mahjik
17-06-2015, 19:25
How come the Aston Martin Vantage GTE wasn't added as a competitor to the BMW M3 GT2?

Not completed/prioritized... Hopefully it will make a future appearance.

mire2
17-06-2015, 19:36
I can see that it is from the beginning of producing a real racing SIM a very hard job.....there are sooo much different classes and different cars in those classes......very hard to buy all licenses for all the cars in the different classes......we could see it now in the game, we got some classes with just one car.......there we can see that Pcars has a hard job for it......when i see other SIM's there aren't very much varitys of classes and cars in the game.......so i am glad to see that Pcars try to balance all of the classes..........cant wait to see in the future all those nice cars for each classes :)...

mire2
17-06-2015, 19:37
Sorry for repeating all the time "classes" ^^

graveltrap
17-06-2015, 19:48
I would of liked to of seen the BMW in unaltered GT2 form myself, what was changed to bring it in line with GT3 cars?

It would be fantastic to see some other GTE/GT2 class cars, the only trouble is that the major players are Porsche and Ferrari and those liciensces aren't so easy to get a hold of!

There is of course Corvette and Aston Martin, with others looking to join the fray next year like Ford and possibly McLaren...

Mahjik
17-06-2015, 20:07
PS.:5lap race is arcade mode. I don't do that!

Things will be much different when Doug's tire wear updates are in... You'll see the heaviness and power will take a greater toll on those tires over something like the Z4 or Ginetta.

davekojo
18-06-2015, 05:54
I think at one stage there was an M3 GT3 car which was later replaced by the Z4. I haven't checked the one in game but I may be the old spec M3 GT3.

Actually looks like it was a gt4 E92

EHM
18-06-2015, 06:12
Most races in GT3 nobody can handle the Bentley to make use of it properly, It feels like a different class to say the McLaren when you try it, far more heavier and just as hard to keep the rear wheels under control.

I have though seen somebody do an alien fast time with it beating out the Mclarens right at the top of Qualifying, which was surprising since every race online before that it didn't ever seem too competitive.

I guess it has a lot to give but it's just very difficult to get it.

bubbadabutcher
18-06-2015, 06:21
Ime its stable enough to run no aero and can be pretty competitive. Especially on tech as opposed to speed tracks.

bobfromaccounting
18-06-2015, 06:23
^ I really like that not many like/can handle it, because when i use the Bentley I blow by EVERYONE on the straights. Last raced I was in, I qualified 2nd with the Bentley and was surrounded by 5 RUFs lol.