PDA

View Full Version : Brandshatch auto pit exit will hit wall:

Fanatest
17-06-2015, 20:03
If you select a car and exit the garage at brandshatch and leave the car to exit the pits itself, it will hit the left hand side of the pit exit and crash.

On XBO/PC this does not happen, car will automatically drive out and aim its self to roll out of the exit, rather than into the wall.

Pirategenius
17-06-2015, 20:06
Never had this problem on PS4 at brands. Before 1.4 spa was a track where autopilot hit the wall.

Fanatest
17-06-2015, 20:16
Never had this problem on PS4 at brands. Before 1.4 spa was a track where autopilot hit the wall.

Just try it ;)
Take any vehicle, go to brandshatch... Select "drive" and let the car drive out the pits completely (don't touch the controller/wheel at all) car will crash every time IF you don't turn slightly to stop it.

Pirategenius
17-06-2015, 20:18
I have it's fine. The autopilot does not hit the arnco. If you can't be bothered to take control on a slight right kink on the exit of the pit when the autopilot stops that's your fault and nothing wrong with the game.

Roger Prynne
17-06-2015, 20:25
Just try it ;)
Take any vehicle, go to brandshatch... Select "drive" and let the car drive out the pits completely (don't touch the controller/wheel at all) car will crash every time IF you don't turn slightly to stop it.

Of course it will, what a strange thing to say.

Fanatest
17-06-2015, 21:10
Of course it will, what a strange thing to say.

You say of course it will, yet pirate says it doesn't? ... DOH! :confused:

XBO/PC DO NOT have this issue.
The car will exit the pit perfectly fine if left to its own devices ;)

PS4 will crash as it aims the car toward the left hand side of the wall.

@pirategenius can you post a video (with telemetry up) driving the DTM Merc please demonstrating this NOT happening?

Let it drive its self out the pit with no input from the user... I'm willing to bet it can't.

Pirategenius
17-06-2015, 21:31
Listen autopilot DOES NOT drive into the arnco. When Autopilot turns off you will hit the arnco if you do not take control as the pit lane bends to the right. Which I've told you already happens. If you do not understand that you NEED to take control when autopilot turns off, you need to trade the game in and sell your PS4, and go buy paper and crayons.

Fanatest
17-06-2015, 21:41
Listen autopilot DOES NOT drive into the arnco. When Autopilot turns off you will hit the arnco if you do not take control as the pit lane bends to the right. Which I've told you already happens. If you do not understand that you NEED to take control when autopilot turns off, you need to trade the game in and sell your PS4, and go buy paper and crayons.

First of all, that's no way to speak to anyone in here, let alone a supported hardware manufactures beta tester.

Second of all. You are actually incorrect.

Here is an example of the PS4 exiting the pits on auto pilot (I even ran the car a little longer demonstrating the lack of brake markers, just for you.

PS4
https://vid.me/W7ko

And here is the same car, same track, same settings etc on the XBO auto piloting out of the pits correctly and landing right in front of ... You guessed it, a brake marker :D

XBO
https://vid.me/KmXh

If you wish to contribute I would like to see a video (with telemetry up) of the DTM not crashing on pit exit when under AI control. Until then, please stop with the rude and offensive posts!

Pirategenius
17-06-2015, 21:49
You absolute numpty. Autopilot was off. Therefore you need to take control. The pit lane turns right the car goes straight it will hit the wall. There is nothing wrong.

Fanatest
17-06-2015, 21:57
I can only assume you are mis understanding the point?

Neither one of the vehicles received any manual or external input. Therefore, they "should" exit in exactly the same fashion, but they don't!

The PS4 always "aims" cars into the barrier yet the PC/XBO always "aim" the car cleanly out of the pit exit (as expected).

If you don't understand the issue being reported, that's ok, however, I would respectfully ask you to comment only to those discussions that you can positively contribute to.

This is a bug as the game is purposely "aiming" the vehicle at the wall (ONLY ON PS4) which is NOT the behaviour of ALL other platforms, making this the exception, and therefore an issue to report.

Many users are busy as the car exits the pits, we use this time to set views, set car seat, configure wheel settings, set playlist on spotify from mobile, etc etc etc... Having the vehicle unexpected "aimed" at (and hitting) a wall is a bug, particularly WHEN it doesn't do it on ANY other platform.

Pirategenius
17-06-2015, 22:07
It acts properly. So nothing to fix

Fanatest
17-06-2015, 22:25
It acts properly. So nothing to fix

Except it doesn't, and needs fixing :D

If you believe it to act properly, can you explain and demonstrate why the XBO/PC versions of the game aim the car OUT of the pits, while the PS4 versions aim the car INTO A WALL?

The issue is genuine. This means you can't tune/setup your wheel on the exit of brandshatch on PS4, as you must be ready and waiting to stop the AI from aiming your vehicle into a wall.

The videos explain everything. I'm sure you will understand the point being raised and realise that the game is functioning differently ONLY on the PS4 version.

As I race BH on XBO and PC a great deal, I am used to tuning my wheel as I exit the pits. I use this time to set my DOR/SPR/DPR etc. However, when I was testing the PS4 version I noticed it would aim the car at the wall and NOT at the actual pit exit.

Can the user intervene, yes?
Should they have to no!
Do they have to on any other platform, no!
Should the game be aiming cars at walls, no!
Should the game be aiming cars at the open exit... Of course, and it does... Just not on PS4!

I hope that helps explain what the issue is and why this technical difference in behaviour has been noted in the technical section of the forum and NOT in the general discussion section ;)

Bealdor
18-06-2015, 06:26
TBH I can see the difference in those videos but I don't see a reason to waste dev time to fix this.

You're getting control of your car seconds before you'd hit the armco. Make a slight correction when you get control and you're fine.

Fanatest
18-06-2015, 07:01
Hmmm...
Surly the point of a digital office with a technical support section, is to report technical issues no matter how big/small.

Visibility is everything!

Every issue reported will affect others in varying degrees.
If we are only to report issues based on some arbitrary scale, who determines the scale, who determines what's important or not? The "individual" or "the team"?

I personally think all issues should be logged, added to the register and discussed by "the team"

For example, I think that having no neutral on H pattern shifters (on XBO) is a game breaker (can't select neutral, clutch is rendered useless, unable to park up the car and spectate or start a race correctly) but it's not deemed serious by others and has missed all patches so far, isn't logged as an issue and were 7 weeks in since its report, also it looks like it's not going to be resolved any time soon as it only affects a tiny amount of users that use H pattern shifters, does this mean I should not have reported it?

Post processing filters are causing issues with the night sky (I reported this and it was added to the known issues thread) and I don't worry about it, however others have stopped playing or racing nights etc because of it as it affects them more.

Many bugs are deemed insignificant by some, but are literally game braking to other. Perhaps this is not where you would like to see the dev time spent, but I would ;)

For me, this bug caused me to loose a race as my wheel was in tune mode (as I was being led out the pits) changing my FFB only to be greeted by brick wall? Which is NOT helpful and may happen on to others and other tracks. I'm looking into this now to see what other tracks are effected.

It's a small fix, and should be fixed eventually. I don't think we should brush them under the carpet as we don't know how much this affects users, as I stated above, each bug affects users in different ways, so log them all to ensure that we have visibility of exactly what is causing issues for users and what can be fixed.

Perhaps it can be fixed easily, perhaps not, perhaps it can be fixed in a small performance patch while the bigger fixes/changes are delayed until major patches such as 2.0

Ignoring it is gives off a very confusing message to the users, as you are essential stating that if the issue a user logs, does not meet some arbitrary criteria (that we don't have) it won't be investigated? Where do we draw the line, who draws the line, why restrict ourselves with these arbitrary lines?

If we don't fix this, does that mean we shouldn't fix the post processing filters issues, or the inability to put an car into neutral (XBO) or the shadow (waffle) and loading issues, or the white lines loading as you drive along issues, or the missing brake markers etc etc etc.. Without knowing what measurements determine if a fault should be fixed or not, what's the point in logging them ;)

I believe users should log ALL issues, we can then recreate and replicate them, if we can replicate them, we add it to the daily log or issue register and define what patch we fix it in based on predetermined criteria set by the team.

It it an easy fix
Does it affect all users
Does it affect game play
Etc
Etc
Etc

At least this is how we work when testing our hardware, we try to ensure that each and every issue is reported, investigated, replicated and resolved.

Roger Prynne
18-06-2015, 11:41
Except it doesn't, and needs fixing :D

If you believe it to act properly, can you explain and demonstrate why the XBO/PC versions of the game aim the car OUT of the pits, while the PS4 versions aim the car INTO A WALL?

The issue is genuine. This means you can't tune/setup your wheel on the exit of brandshatch on PS4, as you must be ready and waiting to stop the AI from aiming your vehicle into a wall.

The videos explain everything. I'm sure you will understand the point being raised and realise that the game is functioning differently ONLY on the PS4 version.

As I race BH on XBO and PC a great deal, I am used to tuning my wheel as I exit the pits. I use this time to set my DOR/SPR/DPR etc. However, when I was testing the PS4 version I noticed it would aim the car at the wall and NOT at the actual pit exit.

Can the user intervene, yes?
Should they have to no!
Do they have to on any other platform, no!
Should the game be aiming cars at walls, no!
Should the game be aiming cars at the open exit... Of course, and it does... Just not on PS4!

I hope that helps explain what the issue is and why this technical difference in behaviour has been noted in the technical section of the forum and NOT in the general discussion section ;)

Serious question and I don't want an argument.

Why do you need to set up your wheel when leaving the pits? I'm not a user of this wheel and I'm just curious.
Why can't you set up the wheel before you are even in the pits?

Fanatest
18-06-2015, 14:08
Serious question and I don't want an argument.

Why do you need to set up your wheel when leaving the pits? I'm not a user of this wheel and I'm just curious.
Why can't you set up the wheel before you are even in the pits?

I've always done this, it's very common, particularly during long endurance races or driver swaps at home etc.

If my OH and I are doing a 40 lap endurance race, 20 laps with FFB and DOR set to xyz OH pits for me to jump in and do the remaining 20 laps I will edit the wheel settings on the fly (as it's designed to)

Also, Joining a lobby and having the wheel setup for F1, but car in use is a generic road vehicle and only having a short period of time to get out and set a qualifying lap.

Joining a quick race and editing my wheel on the way out of the pits (because it's on auto pilot) so I have free time to do so, rather this than sitting in menus.

During a long race, I've gotten very tired, so when pitting for tyres I would use the auto pilot time to reconfigure my wheel FFB, DOR, SPR etc to reduce the amount of input required from the user.

FFB bugs/crashes and glitches happen. If my wheel malfunctions during a race, it's sometimes essential to fix this in game. For example, FFB has been known to be too heavy and/or missing altogether, when these events happen you know your race is. It over as you can fix them at the next pit stop in "x" laps.

Also, I use the time when the AI is in control to do other tasks such as music playlists etc or invites and messages etc take notes on track, bugs, setups etc...

With the CSPv3 this issue will be even more prevalent, as the pedals dead zone etc is now fully customisable and editable directly from the wheel.

So if I want to change my brake pressure, clutch, accelerator dead zones and range etc this too can be done on the fly from the wheel in game and may need to be changed in the pits if you are getting a tired leg or running brakes that are too soft.

For me personally, there are lots more reason for looking away from the screen (when the AI has control of my car) and I don't think it's an unreasonable to hope the AI won't point my car into a wall, because it doesn't do this on any other platform.

Hope that helps,

Roger Prynne
18-06-2015, 16:04
OK thanks for the explanation.