PDA

View Full Version : General car setups?

Im Sorry
17-06-2015, 20:48
I've seen a couple of really in depth car setup guide's,but I was wondering if anyone has done maybe some general quick setup guide's that give some added performance over the stock setups.Mostly GT3!

TRL Karthikeyan
17-06-2015, 21:02
lower the ride height(very low), stiffen the springs,select the soft tyre(for best time). change the downforce(lower it at e.g monza and make it higher e.g monaco). Thats basicly the settings that gain the most, all the other option don't make a massive difference.

i use this in gt3 and all cars and i gained a lot of time compared with default setup.

Chris Sercombe
17-06-2015, 21:24
So thouse setup tips be good for the old touring cars also ? and can i ask why make downforce higher at monaco, cheers and thx for tips.

Im Sorry
17-06-2015, 21:26
So thouse setup tips be good for the old touring cars also ? and can i ask why make downforce higher at monaco, cheers and thx for tips.

More corners = more down force.

Chris Sercombe
17-06-2015, 21:38
More corners = more down force.

Ah i see, so when you say make downforce higher, you mean lower the wings ? so lower the value ?

TRL Karthikeyan
17-06-2015, 23:02
Ah i see, so when you say make downforce higher, you mean lower the wings ? so lower the value ?

low downforce = lower value e.g front 0 and rear 0
high downforce =higher value e.g front 2 and rear 9

try 1 on the front and 4 on the rear as a starting point

and they should work in any car

Chris Sercombe
18-06-2015, 10:21
Ok, thx for info.