PDA

View Full Version : Getting the Ginetta G55 GT3 off the line at start of race

Mellowyellow
17-06-2015, 21:33
Can't seem to get it off the line very well when lights go green! The revs just die. Tried low revs, high revs and in the middle of the two too. There's no wheel spin unlike the other GT3 cars where you must control how much throttle you use.

I'm using Ds4 so there's no clutch.

Any idea's anyone?

RDogg
18-06-2015, 00:17
Glad I'm not the only one. I have the exact same issue on the G27, all manual. Thing bogs down like anything. Brilliant car overall, easily beats people on corners. But starts? Nope.

Flihp
18-06-2015, 02:06
I have that issue with every gt3, all manual, no aids etc, they all bog down on the starting line. Even cruising at say 20kmh, put your foot down and revs just drop with not much acceleration. I have tried different diff settings and thst traction slip thing too, none of it seem to change anything for me,maybe there's a sweet spot? maybe im too much of a noob.? :)

Mellowyellow
18-06-2015, 02:53
Glad I'm not the only one. I have the exact same issue on the G27, all manual. Thing bogs down like anything. Brilliant car overall, easily beats people on corners. But starts? Nope.

+1 I've only just started using it. Nice car, doesn't get fussy over the kerbs either! Like you say it's a shame cause it's nimble round corners/braking zones! I've got the camber quite far to the right to help with straight line speed as it corners really well. You can get in people's slip stream as it's great coming out of corners.

Down side is the starts. Qualify up near the front but you on the defensive straight off the line.

Forgot to say I'm using manual without any assists apart from ABS now and again.

Mellowyellow
18-06-2015, 03:20
I have that issue with every gt3, all manual, no aids etc, they all bog down on the starting line. Even cruising at say 20kmh, put your foot down and revs just drop with not much acceleration. I have tried different diff settings and thst traction slip thing too, none of it seem to change anything for me,maybe there's a sweet spot? maybe im too much of a noob.? :)

I think you may of answered your own question there :rolleyes:

Seriously now. I don't have a problem with any other GT3 cars off the line regarding bogging down. I find with the other GT3 cars that to get a good start it's a case of getting the revs just right then easing more power down as you start moving. The rest of the GT3's fly off the line given the right amount of throttle!

I've not experienced what you've described after starting difficulties. Sorry bud, can't help you there.

Flihp
18-06-2015, 04:20
I think you may of answered your own question there :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me lol,

Guess I will just have to practice some more ��